Game 8 Football AT William & Mary 1PM Saturday Oct 29 2022 - FloSports

All things Rhody Rams football.
damram
Kenny Green

Re: Game 8 Football AT William & Mary 1PM Saturday Oct 29 2022 - FloSports

Unread post by damram »

No problem with them going for it. I think a one point loss on the road to Top 15 team will not be a detriment to their playoff hopes. If they would have laid an egg like the Delaware game, then it is a different story. Hope we go on a three game winning streak at a minimum.
Rhody123
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody123 »

Disappointing loss for sure, but liked the no quit attitude of the team. Destiny is in our hands and we can start by putting this one in the rear view mirror and winning against Maine this weekend. Go Rhody!!!
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

I agree with much of what Bigapple has posted.I 100% feel that the 2 point conversion was the right call. You call your best play and control your own destiny. It seems like we called that shovel play that we've seen work in the past, but W&M had it scouted.

We had forced them to punt once the entire game, and that was the last possession. Otherwise, the only other stops came from turnovers (and the 1st possession with a turnover on downs)

They had been gashing us all game on the ground for chunk plays, getting to the second level. And I say this without really trying to throw the defensive line under the bus. Brown is playing hurt, with two huge elbow braces and a cast on one hand. He also made a big play on their 4th a short at the start of the game. Big Wes seems to be pretty banged up but is fighting through it. Makzsin has shown steady improvement as well. At the end of it though I'd be concerned about us stopping them on the ground in overtime.

What I don't understand, is how was Leonard a consensus top 25 kicker? Rated as high as #9 in the country? I know recruiting ratings aren't definitive, but man, I can't lie I was expecting a bit more.

I love watching Yianakopolis play. One thing that stuck out to me was after the final 2 point conversion... Kasim Hill was on the ground as the W&M sideline spilled on to the field to celebrate the game winning tackle. Yianakopolis took off on a dead sprint across the field to go help Kasim up and get him out of harms way. Something very little, but tells a lot about his mindset (and that of the team).
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

Don't think both kickers will be back next season.
There is a highly regarded Frosh (Shank) in the wings. Probably not ready.
Leonard had a kick blocked in Elon or UD game that was 5 feet off the ground. Other Kicker doinked a short kick vs. Bryant.
Try to get a soccer player and/or abandon FGs and XPs.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

If there is a stronger leg waiting in the wings put him in there now.
This is place kicking not middle linebacker I am not sure what constitutes "not ready" for a place kicker.
Harrison's leg is weak; it's that simple. His kickoffs barely reach the 10 and he clearly loses form on anything over 30 yard field goals. That's a major liability in a league where almost every game is going to be close.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Henry epitomizes what it means to be a captain!
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Justice
Zach "1 and Done" Marbury

Unread post by Justice »

Yes