Renew those Tix!!

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Renew those Tix!!

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Embarrassing overreactions to this announcement. Hopefully a lesson learned for some.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Embarrassing overreactions to this announcement. Hopefully a lesson learned for some.
After reading through the thread, there has never been a more perfect opportunity to pull out this old meme
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Well, sorry, but I'm not embarrassed, Move on.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Just talked to Tyler. All set. Anyone else in my position, just give him a call.
Tyler is the man
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Personally I hate mobile tickets. I've saved pretty much every ticket stub for every game and concert I've ever been to. This is one thing where modern technology is far inferior to what was in place before
Couldn't agree with this more. I've got three ticket albums of ticket stubs from every sporting event, concert and Broadway show I've ever been to. I have a phone, but I'd be willing to pay a modest fee for paper tickets, and I might call Tyler and see what they can do for me.

I know the Ryan Center is far from alone in this move, but the rationale they're using to help spin it bothers me. Does anyone think there has been much fraud at the Ryan Center tied to paper tickets? And the idea that mobile tickets are somehow contactless whereas paper tickets are not is a joke. The ticket takers don't touch either one when they scan you in! So they might say this is partly in response to Covid, but I wish they'd just be honest: This is really just easier and cheaper for the venue.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Personally I hate mobile tickets. I've saved pretty much every ticket stub for every game and concert I've ever been to. This is one thing where modern technology is far inferior to what was in place before
Couldn't agree with this more. I've got three ticket albums of ticket stubs from every sporting event, concert and Broadway show I've ever been to. I have a phone, but I'd be willing to pay a modest fee for paper tickets, and I might call Tyler and see what they can do for me.

I know the Ryan Center is far from alone in this move, but the rationale they're using to help spin it bothers me. Does anyone think there has been much fraud at the Ryan Center tied to paper tickets? And the idea that mobile tickets are somehow contactless whereas paper tickets are not is a joke. The ticket takers don't touch either one when they scan you in! So they might say this is partly in response to Covid, but I wish they'd just be honest: This is really just easier and cheaper for the venue.
Same here. I haven't saved all the sports ones, but I have hundreds of concert ticket stubs going back to the 70s.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Carl Koussa said one he has all his, too. That's about 50 years' worth.

Neil? What about you?
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago

That would probably be a nice season ticket holder gift-commemorative "ticket stubs". They wouldn't be able to be used for entrance at the game but something nice like they've used for tickets in the past.

They also claim this will be faster, but there's no way that will be true. Give yourself even more time to get through the lines than you have in the past
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

Hey Guys,
Just a reminder from the friendly @RhodyTickets account. Please check your emails to fill out the survey and be able to request hard tickets if wanted.

As others have said before please contact tfoley@uri.edu or give them a call with any questions.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

So what happens when no one gets any reception at the ticket line?
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago So what happens when no one gets any reception at the ticket line?
People choosing to do both is only going to slow things down even more.

Going to be a disaster.
Go Rhody
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago So what happens when no one gets any reception at the ticket line?

Going to be a disaster.
You will not need Wifi when you are at the ryan center ticket line to show your ticket. It will be something you can just download to your phone and will be almost like a picture you can just bring up as you enter.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago

Going to be a disaster.
You will not need Wifi when you are at the ryan center ticket line to show your ticket. It will be something you can just download to your phone and will be almost like a picture you can just bring up as you enter.
So how much can we expect in tix price decrease with this?
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Remember when they tried that thing with the light show using phones that didn’t need WiFi? I have little confidence that the eticketing system will go smoothly.
But on the other hand…. I think with low attendance this season, the wait at the door won’t be bad.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Going to be a disaster.
There is zero reception at the RC. How can you download something when you have no reception?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I can see it now. Couple in front of me at the ticket stall, trying to log into their Ram account to get to their tix. Yet they have no reception to logon to GoRhody.com.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Going to be a disaster.
There is zero reception at the RC. How can you download something when you have no reception?
Download the tickets before the game before you get to the Ryan Center. Download it at home before the game. You guys really cant be this technologically slow.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago Remember when they tried that thing with the light show using phones that didn’t need WiFi? I have little confidence that the eticketing system will go smoothly.
But on the other hand…. I think with low attendance this season, the wait at the door won’t be bad.
I requested hard tickets, as I’m sure others will.

It was a “strong recommendation” to go mobile tickets, but not a requirement.

So hard tickets it is.
Go Rhody
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago I can see it now. Couple in front of me at the ticket stall, trying to log into their Ram account to get to their tix. Yet they have no reception to logon to GoRhody.com.
You're right. The problem is not going to be the people on this board. It's not going to be season ticket holders who decide they're fine with mobile tickets. It's going to be Grandma and Grandpa in front of you in line at their first (maybe only) game of the season.

I also opted for hard tickets (even though I was honest with Tyler that I own a smartphone) and I was glad that he didn't give me a hard time. He did say they might try to incentivize use of mobile tickets with an exclusive gift — but I'm more than happy to miss out on another bobblehead or winter hat in order to keep adding to my ticket stub collection.