Renew those Tix!!

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Renew those Tix!!

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Renewal emails went out today....
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Re: Renew those Tix!!

Unread post by ram1980 »

🎟️🎫 renewed.. nice seeing 0 balance owed..
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I'd still go with another year rollover option
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Looking forward to getting back in the building!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Vaccinated and not wearing a mask next year. Unless they mandate it, then I want to push my tix to 2022
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Renewed and feeling hopeful that we will be back at the Ryan in November...
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Vaccinated and not wearing a mask next year. Unless they mandate it, then I want to push my tix to 2022
I’m vaccinated too, but I’ll absolutely wear a mask if that’s the guidance and/or requirement come November. Not a political statement. I’ll just do whatever is asked of me to see any form of live entertainment again, no complaints.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 3 years ago
theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Vaccinated and not wearing a mask next year. Unless they mandate it, then I want to push my tix to 2022
I’m vaccinated too, but I’ll absolutely wear a mask if that’s the guidance and/or requirement come November. Not a political statement. I’ll just do whatever is asked of me to see any form of live entertainment again, no complaints.
Ditto with the mask.. suit of armor, whatever.. just want to go to the games one more shot to go..
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Fully vaccinated- attended opening day at Fenway- wore a mask- wasn't a big deal. At this point a small price to pay for in-person entertainment. If you're eating and drinking the mask is down for a chunk of the time anyway.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhodyram wrote: 3 years ago Fully vaccinated- attended opening day at Fenway- wore a mask- wasn't a big deal. At this point a small price to pay for in-person entertainment. If you're eating and drinking the mask is down for a chunk of the time anyway.
Talk about a mixed blessing. Great to see a ballgame at Fenway. Too bad it's this year's team. :?
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I’m wondering why you got the vaccine when you’ve spent a whole year saying covid isn’t a big a deal and only like the flu? :roll:
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
I’m wondering why you got the vaccine when you’ve spent a whole year saying covid isn’t a big a deal and only like the flu? :roll:
I'll try anything once, LOL. Besides, like anyone else in the military, I've had more juice pushed into my body than I care to remember. So at this point it doesn't matter.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I now can identify as vaccinated. Cannot wait until the season starts.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 3 years ago I now can identify as vaccinated. Cannot wait until the season starts.
I’m convinced URI underperformed because I wasn’t there to cheer them on. My bad.
Slava Ukraini!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhody74 wrote: 3 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 3 years ago I now can identify as vaccinated. Cannot wait until the season starts.
I’m convinced URI underperformed because I wasn’t there to cheer them on. My bad.

That was the unequivocal issue since all of us diehards weren't there.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

That first game in the Ryan Center.....OH Boy!!!!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago That first game in the Ryan Center.....OH Boy!!!!
Very interested to see if it’s absolutely packed because we couldn’t go last year, or dead because people lost interest, teams isn’t expected to be great, and still being nervous about covid.

If I had to put an over under on first game attendance, I’d put it at 4500.
Go Rhody
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago That first game in the Ryan Center.....OH Boy!!!!
Very interested to see if it’s absolutely packed because we couldn’t go last year, or dead because people lost interest, teams isn’t expected to be great, and still being nervous about covid.

Unless its a good opponent, 4500 max. I highly doubt season ticket #s will be where they were in 2019. If ticket prices are the same as they've been, the marketing dept needs to do a hell of a job to get people to these games.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodyram wrote: 3 years ago

Unless its a good opponent, 4500 max. I highly doubt season ticket #s will be where they were in 2019. If ticket prices are the same as they've been, the marketing dept needs to do a hell of a job to get people to these games.
As Rhode Island Red so often says, it's about the Win - Loss record. Win and fans will fill the seats.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I think it'll be interesting to see if people just want to go to games because we couldn't for a year versus people getting used to not going to games.

I think we'll have very low expectations going into the season, and with no PC home game I think 4500 sounds on the high side. Unless we somehow beat Seton Hall and PC and have a solid showdown with a ranked A10 program, I don't expect to see a sell out next season.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago

I think it'll be interesting to see if people just want to go to games because we couldn't for a year versus people getting used to not going to games.

I think we'll have very low expectations going into the season, and with no PC home game I think 4500 sounds on the high side. Unless we somehow beat Seton Hall and PC and have a solid showdown with a ranked A10 program, I don't expect to see a sell out next season.
Crowds typically act "smarter" than you'd think - attendance often correlates somewhat strongly to a team's quality level. Here's some stats from Obie, with the team's W-L each year:

2018-19 : 5,797 - 18-15
2017-18 : 6,217 - 26-8 (NCAAs)
2016-17 : 5,173 - 25-10 (NCAAs)
2015-16 : 4,718 - 17-15 (EC hurt, game one)
2014-15 : 5,888 - 23-10

I'd suspect that ticket sales are going to be incredibly soft to start the year, because URI was really disappointing to end the year. And if URI doesn't get off to a hot start, even if they right the ship during the conference schedule, it's going to be a brutal year for the box office.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

I don't care if there's 500 people at games.. me and ram1982 want to be included. We enjoy making the trek to games. All I hope for is a competitive team and getting back to some live entertainment.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

ram1980 wrote: 3 years ago I don't care if there's 500 people at games.. me and ram1982 want to be included. We enjoy making the trek to games. All I hope for is a competitive team and getting back to some live entertainment.
Absolutely agree, I don’t care if there are 100 people there, I will be screaming as loud as if it were a sellout!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 3 years ago

Crowds typically act "smarter" than you'd think - attendance often correlates somewhat strongly to a team's quality level. Here's some stats from Obie, with the team's W-L each year:

I'd suspect that ticket sales are going to be incredibly soft to start the year, because URI was really disappointing to end the year. And if URI doesn't get off to a hot start, even if they right the ship during the conference schedule, it's going to be a brutal year for the box office.
Agree. I think it will be a brutal year at the box office. And possibly on the scoreboard. Yes, most of the same players returning, and you'd think they'd improve...but if they didn't improve from the start to finish of last year, not sure it's reasonable to expect offseason improvement...with the same staff. I hope I'm wrong, we'll be there just the same...
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 3 years ago

Agree. I think it will be a brutal year at the box office. And possibly on the scoreboard. Yes, most of the same players returning, and you'd think they'd improve...but if they didn't improve from the start to finish of last year, not sure it's reasonable to expect offseason improvement...with the same staff. I hope I'm wrong, we'll be there just the same...
The good news is everybody's back
The bad news is everybody's back
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

The Dude and I renewed our season tix understanding I won’t be able to attend many games, and when I do I will not be in my normal 205 Row H Seat 20, but rather in a wheelchair section. Hopefully, I can sit at the top of 206 instead of the end zone areas in front of the pubs.

On days I can’t attend, The Dude always finds someone worthy to use my ticket.

With any luck I might not need my wheelchair but rather just a walker or something. We shall see.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ram1980 wrote: 3 years ago I don't care if there's 500 people at games.. me and ram1982 want to be included. We enjoy making the trek to games. All I hope for is a competitive team and getting back to some live entertainment.
Speaking of live entertainment...what could this be about?
abc123.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

ATPTourFan wrote: The Dude and I renewed our season tix understanding I won’t be able to attend many games, and when I do I will not be in my normal 205 Row H Seat 20, but rather in a wheelchair section. Hopefully, I can sit at the top of 206 instead of the end zone areas in front of the pubs.

On days I can’t attend, The Dude always finds someone worthy to use my ticket.

With any luck I might not need my wheelchair but rather just a walker or something. We shall see.
Glad to hear you'll be back for some games! Hope to see you at the RC.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
Speaking of live entertainment...what could this be about?

abc123.JPG
ugh...
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm an old man without a phone. Looks like all tickets are mobile now?
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I'm an old man without a phone. Looks like all tickets are mobile now?
Yep. Yer gonna hafta haul your laptop over there and just pray that you can connect it to the wi-fi....then you should be good.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I'm an old man without a phone. Looks like all tickets are mobile now?
It's a horrible idea if you ask me. I previously left my cell phone behind in the car and do not believe in mobile wallets. If my phone goes missing I'd rather it be just a phone and nothing else.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Oh well, no more games for me.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I might cancel my tickets. They take what used to be a simple customer service and throw it onto the customer to do themselves regardless whether it is considered a hassle or convenience for all of their customers. It should be an option not a requirement to ticket on your cell phone.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Where’d you see this?
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Where’d you see this?
I checked out season tickets for both football and basketball on GORHODY, and mobile was the only option.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Tickets for most NFL teams have been 100% mobile for at least 1 year and in some cases 2 years

Covid has accelerated touch-less processes like scanning tickets, Starbucks App, Dunkin App, Chic-fil-a App…..money on your phone.

Some NFL arenas have gone to cashless food and beverages. People don’t want to touch money or tickets.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I'm not buying a phone, so I guess I'm done.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Renewed my tix for MBB and purchased season tix for WBB!
LFG!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I have to agree with Billyboy78 - while I'm all in on using my device as much as possible, they shouldn't be turning away willing customers who can't or don't want to use that. Sure, encourage the use of mobile options, but don't turn away the customers who can't. Especially long time season ticket holders - I would like to think the same process for scanning a ticket on the phone could/should be used to scan a bar code or QR code on a print out. That's what many venues have been doing for years - using the same scanner to scan either (assuming BB has the ability to print a ticket).
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

If we lose the elderly fans - the Ryan Center will have 2k in the seats..
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago If we lose the elderly fans - the Ryan Center will have 2k in the seats..
Not all of us are phone phobic but I agree there should be an option for paper tickets.
Slava Ukraini!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago If we lose the elderly fans - the Ryan Center will have 2k in the seats..
Not all of us are phone phobic but I agree there should be an option for paper tickets.
Lol I'm making a joke, but in total agreement as well. I hate mobile tickets. Phone batteries die. I'd rather have the paper.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Personally I hate mobile tickets. I've saved pretty much every ticket stub for every game and concert I've ever been to. This is one thing where modern technology is far inferior to what was in place before
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago I might cancel my tickets. They take what used to be a simple customer service and throw it onto the customer to do themselves regardless whether it is considered a hassle or convenience for all of their customers. It should be an option not a requirement to ticket on your cell phone.
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I'm not buying a phone, so I guess I'm done.
Before we get all dramatic about this, a review of the Mobile Ticketing FAQ on GoRhody.com indicates that normal tickets still exist.

Please simply call 874-RAMS to discuss your options if mobile tickets don't work for you.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago I might cancel my tickets. They take what used to be a simple customer service and throw it onto the customer to do themselves regardless whether it is considered a hassle or convenience for all of their customers. It should be an option not a requirement to ticket on your cell phone.
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I'm not buying a phone, so I guess I'm done.
Before we get all dramatic about this, a review of the Mobile Ticketing FAQ on GoRhody.com indicates that normal tickets still exist.

Please simply call 874-RAMS to discuss your options if mobile tickets don't work for you.
I don't see anywhere on there that normal tickets exist. You can have them printed at the box office for 5 dollars each extra before a game, but you still need a phone to order them.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Billyboy: dial the phone
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago Billyboy: dial the phone
Dial? You’re dating yourself. 😀
Slava Ukraini!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Just talked to Tyler. All set. Anyone else in my position, just give him a call.