11/28 | Brown Bears | 7PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: 11/28 Brown

Unread post by RF1 »

Does this win tonight make URI the state champs? Rhody is the only team to play all the others. URI at 2-0 with the PC game next. Brown is 1-1 with no games left vs RI teams. Bryant is 0-2 with no games left vs RI teams. PC only plays URI at home with the game to come this Saturday. PC at best can only get a single win.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago Does this win tonight make URI the state champs? Rhody is the only team to play all the others. URI at 2-0 with the PC game next. Brown is 1-1 with no games left vs RI teams. Bryant is 0-2 with no games left vs RI teams. PC only plays URI at home with the game to come this Saturday. PC at best can only get a single win.
The winner of the PC-URI game is always state champ.
Slava Ukraini!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

FATTS tends to show up when the lights are the brightest...hopefully that theory pans out Saturday.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Great to see Harris break through. He will have some ups and downs, but real encouraging. Also Tate played well in his 13 minutes. It would be nice to see Martin and Omar have a couple shots go down and get out of their funk. I won’t touch on Fatts. I’m sure there will be 3 pages on his game tonight. Great game by Cyril and solid contributions by Thompson and Preston. They played much better on defense and nice to win without much from Dowtin
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I’ll go one round for 83 and one round for DC, here.
Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago

I agree Omar is slow on D but Fatts isn’t a good defensive player.
If you are looking for your best D it is with Jeff at PG and Thompson at SG.

Fatts has quick hands and is disruptive. Not bad defense, but not great either.
Disagree. He goes for the steal and gets beat. Watch the Stoney Brook game and see how many times his player beat him to the basket. A Fr for Charleston used him too.
Getting beat going for a steal doesn’t make you a bad defensive player. Aggressive guys get beat more on defense, they also create more run outs and easy baskets and extra possessions (at least ones that are somewhat effective, as I think Fatts is). Just like guys who are take more risks on the other end tend to turn it over more and make positive plays other guys wouldn’t try. Fatts is high risk high reward to his core. He has to be better than he’s been in order to justify it, I’ll agree to that, but to write him off as a bad defender (or as a bad player overall as others have started to hint at due to his early offensive struggles) is a bit shortsighted, in my opinion.
Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Fatts has been injured the last two games (leg). Not use to seeing him miss on his drives.
No he hasn’t.
Fatts was hurt in the preseason and has definitely been grabbing at his leg like it has been bothering him. Easy to say that he grabs at it after he takes a bad shot or something as a type of excuse, and maybe that’s true, but I definitely wouldn’t dismiss the idea that it’s a lingering thing that has bothered him and impacted his play. And before you say it, DC, I don’t care who told you that he’s not hurt, you can’t know someone isn’t hurt and to come straight out and say that given the context wreaks of an agenda.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Harris and Langevine had really good games. Preston played well too. Need Dowtin to run the point more. I've been hesitant to complain about Fatts, but that wide open miss after the steal is inexcusable. Just lay it in. Don't try to show boat or get too cute. Just lay it in. Hopefully he'll recover for Saturday and have a big game. I do agree with the poster who said, maybe have Fatts come off the bench.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

Fatts and Ashton-Langford must be in a competition for the worst guard in the state this year. Crazy
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I don’t have an agenda, I like Fatts, but he’s killing us right now. But it’s easy to “play” hurt when your shot isn’t falling. If he were hurt, I truly don’t believe he’d be playing 35 minutes a game, especially with a leg injury to a kid who relies on his speed.

There is nothing debilitatingly wrong with Fatts.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Then why is he playing 35 minutes a game? He shouldn't be at this point.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago I’ll go one round for 83 and one round for DC, here.

Fatts has quick hands and is disruptive. Not bad defense, but not great either.
Disagree. He goes for the steal and gets beat. Watch the Stoney Brook game and see how many times his player beat him to the basket. A Fr for Charleston used him too.
Getting beat going for a steal doesn’t make you a bad defensive player. Aggressive guys get beat more on defense, they also create more run outs and easy baskets and extra possessions (at least ones that are somewhat effective, as I think Fatts is). Just like guys who are take more risks on the other end tend to turn it over more and make positive plays other guys wouldn’t try. Fatts is high risk high reward to his core. He has to be better than he’s been in order to justify it, I’ll agree to that, but to write him off as a bad defender (or as a bad player overall as others have started to hint at due to his early offensive struggles) is a bit shortsighted, in my opinion.
Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Fatts has been injured the last two games (leg). Not use to seeing him miss on his drives.
No he hasn’t.
Fatts was hurt in the preseason and has definitely been grabbing at his leg like it has been bothering him. Easy to say that he grabs at it after he takes a bad shot or something as a type of excuse, and maybe that’s true, but I definitely wouldn’t dismiss the idea that it’s a lingering thing that has bothered him and impacted his play. And before you say it, DC, I don’t care who told you that he’s not hurt, you can’t know someone isn’t hurt and to come straight out and say that given the context wreaks of an agenda.
I'm President of the Fatts Russell Fan Club, and I approve this post. 8-)
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Good bounce back game. Cyril and Harris carried the team (FG 14-21). The rest of the team was 12-50!

Does Martin (0-7) room with Fatts 2-13) :D
“We will be good when we are good.”
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago FATTS tends to show up when the lights are the brightest...hopefully that theory pans out Saturday.
Based on your statement with no facts to support this with what Fatts has accomplished so far, I think he has his best game of the season on Saturday. He needs to start off with some easier buckets or getting to the foul line before he gets into his hoisting up three point shot game. He needs to try and be a distributor and look for his shot when the opportunity calls for it.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Nice to see Jermaine have a breakout game. Wasn't helter skelter like the first couple of games. Seems the game has slowed down for him. We need that.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Really nice games for Langevine and break out game for Harris.

Also good job by Preston and Tate looks like he's coming around.

But that 3 point shooting is setting records...all of the wrong kind.

Fatts….ugh.....hopefully Jeff is 100% and can run the point as much as possible Saturday.

Defense was good overall. Played with much more intensity than the other night.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago I don’t have an agenda, I like Fatts, but he’s killing us right now. But it’s easy to “play” hurt when your shot isn’t falling. If he were hurt, I truly don’t believe he’d be playing 35 minutes a game, especially with a leg injury to a kid who relies on his speed.

There is nothing debilitatingly wrong with Fatts.
First, I wasn’t saying you have an agenda. But if someone told you point blank he isn’t hurt, I’d question whether that person does.

Second, it doesn’t have to be debilitating to matter. Maybe if they had Jarvis, EC and Jared they could dial his minutes back, but considering their options maybe they’ve decided that playing with Fatts at, say, 70% is their best option at this point. Guys play through stuff all the time. The position that you’re either 100% hurt or 100% injured shows almost no sense of what goes on with athletes.
Sox1
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Sox1 »

Such an odd game. Really liked jermaine making strong moves to the hoop. How does Cox handle the trash perimeter shooting? Any chance he tells fatts to avoid the three? Genuinely interested in that dynamic with a young player and rookie coach.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago FATTS tends to show up when the lights are the brightest...hopefully that theory pans out Saturday.
Based on your statement with no facts to support this with what Fatts has accomplished so far, I think he has his best game of the season on Saturday. He needs to start off with some easier buckets or getting to the foul line before he gets into his hoisting up three point shot game. He needs to try and be a distributor and look for his shot when the opportunity calls for it.
He had a great game vs Providence last year.

I was clearly over exaggerating lol
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago I’m at the game, I think Jeff is under the weather. Dry mouth and fatigue. Overheard the coaches checking on him a few times.
was going to post the same thing. He looked a little lethargic tonight
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

That 12-50 by the rest of the team.....not worried about Jeff's 2-10.

Martin will find his shot at some point, and then it gets better for him.

Fatts? Shoot less, distribute more. He's a streak shooter...someday he'll have a good streak?
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago
He had a great game vs Providence last year.

I was clearly over exaggerating lol
I’m being serious. I think he has a good game Saturday. I have no reason to back it. Just a hunch
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Atta boy RHODY !
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

The pieces are all on this team. It's slowly coming together. Harris getting to speed now is a great sign for him. Tate played well, with some good defensive plays. This next month is going to be a huge test for this young team.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago Fatts has another horrendous shooting night vs Brown with the following line:
2-13 FGA | 0-7 3FGA | 0-1 FTA

For the season, per my count, he is at:
19-76 FGA 0.250
6-38 3FGA 0.158
18-22 FTA 0.818
That makes me think he is just in his head at this point. Typically FT% correlates positively with 3PT% (in general, there are always exceptions in either direction). Hoping it is just something that will even out over the course of the season and Fatts will be in the 30s percentage on 3-pointers at the end. The light at the end of the tunnel I see is he loves the big time games: see PC last year and OK in the tourney. I'm hoping this first adrenaline-filled game will knock some rust off and Fatts will bring it.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.....well, it was really good to see Harris emerge to make a presence on both ends, didn’t get in foul trouble........I guess I can back off a bit on the freshmen production.....Tate looked much more confident, next up is Martin to get him going......going to the Dunk for that one......section 226 row N, via the RC game tickets allocated from PC......who for us will come up huge......CT?
Last edited by section(105) 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

TP, I can accept my defeat :D
I believe my comment was that Fatts isn’t that good defensively. In my opinion he goes for the steal too often and he gets beat to the basket. I recall him getting beat by #10 and #0 for Charleston. I also recall him getting beat by #2 and #10 for SB. I went back and looked at the box scores.
Charleston
#10 starting PG and a Freshmen had 10 points and 1 Turnover
#0 bench player and a Freshmen had 7 points and 0 Turnovers
Fatts had 0 steals and 4 fouls

SB
#2 starting PG and a Freshmen had 9 points and 0 Turnovers
#10 bench player and a Soph had 7 points and 2 Turnovers
Fatts 2 steals and 2 fouls
“We will be good when we are good.”
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Fatts will be okay.

Eventually....

Super excited about Jermaine!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Preston with 6 and 8 in 11 minutes!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 5 years ago Preston with 6 and 8 in 11 minutes!
...and a nice 'get the crowd going' block, too.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 5 years ago Preston with 6 and 8 in 11 minutes!
...and a nice 'get the crowd going' block, too.

Give him more minutes!

He does the hustle out there!

Crazy good athlete.
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

The effort tonight was so much more intense. Evident early with the 50 50 ball that was loose near mid court and 3 URI players were in the scrum. I get that it resulted in a foul but it kind of set a tone for the night.

I really appreciated CTs effort. I know it’s been said before but he is this year’s Stan Robinson. 5 steals, some 3s and a little bit of everything else required. He needs to get the ball more on designed sets.

Lots of talk about what a great game CL had but it could have been much better. Still missed a lot of easy shots. Lost some balls on the dribble. Didn’t pass to open guys because he didn’t read a triple coming on him. He will get better but he won’t ever have Andre’s soft hands or touch around the basket. Still operated better in the middle of the lane than in the low block. Love him getting the ball there.

Jermaine and Dana should have a confidence boost based on their performances tonight. Great to see. And just in time for Saturday.

Good things ahead with these guys. January and February games will be fun to watch. Can’t wait.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Agree with that assessment on Cyril. He won't be able to get away with things he did tonight against bigger teams. He has 21 turnovers in 5 games. He is being overused which is ok for now bc we dont have other guys stepping up, but if Harris has turned the corner he needs to be the focal point of our offense down low. He's already a much more polished player than Cyril on offensive end. Cyril is great for boards, put backs and garbage points. Not to be the guy initiating offense or being thrown the ball down low repeated times.

Also agree Jan/Feb will be fun, this team has like 1 month left of development before they hit their stride IMO. Until then there will be some ups and downs.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Shinze88 wrote: 5 years ago That last possession was horrible on so many levels. Not sure what Fatts was trying to do there, he was 40 ft from the basket with 5 seconds on the clock then forces an off balance contested 3 with no chance at a rebound/putback. Cox needs to call a timeout in that situation and set up a play, rookie coaching mistake there.

That was a horrible possession, but no coach is going to call a TO there. He had already used a timeout with a minute to go in the half. You're not going to waste another timeout with a 10 point lead for one last possession in the first half.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Good to see more hustle by the team, but the best part was seeing the contribution of Jermaine Harris. I also thought Tate did well. Tyrese Martin does not seem assertive but tentative. He he had some good shot opportunities, but his shot was way off - 0-7 not good. Langevine was a beast and continues to be one of the best big man in the A-10.

As for Fatts, some corrective action is needed. Last season, he came off the bench and in his first five games his three point shooting was 4-13, .309. This season as a starter his 3FG performance in the first five games is 6-38. Out of 29 games last year, he had 12 games where he didn't hit a three, 0-34. This year he already has two games minus a successful three, 0-17.
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

Tate obviously banged up. Will be much better when fully healthy.
Common sense is not common.
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Fatts is bad. Probably a DII Calaber Player. I just don't think he can compete with his size and skill level. He's played well in 3/36 games he's played in his college career. I just don't think this guy is a long term fit here. Sorrey.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Not Mike Powell wrote: 5 years ago Fatts is bad. Probably a DII Calaber Player. I just don't think he can compete with his size and skill level. He's played well in 3/36 games he's played in his college career. I just don't think this guy is a long term fit here. Sorrey.
I swear, some of you just take things too far.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Notes from the game:
- Saw Frank Carpano at the game. He can't wait for his PC Friars home game vs URI
- Bill Reynolds also on press row
- From the opening bell Jermaine was active down low and especially had quick footwork on defense. After the first 5 minutes it just felt like he was going to have a breakout game. When Jermaine comes out he always goes to the end of the bench to the water cooler and you could see in his face he was pleased with his play. He also reacted favorably to the positive vibes he was getting from the fans nearby. He was strong defensively. Interesting to see him calling for the ball down low but guards not doing a good enough job of getting it to him. Maybe Cox pushes this more now.
- Cyril had a dominating performance. Very, very strong, grabbed many offensive rebounds that quite honestly he had no business getting. He just out muscled others. Many of his points came from offensive rebounds - some off of the many misses by the guards. Establishing himself as the best rebounder in the A10. Chris DiSano said on the post game how amazing Cyril's game was in that he got a double - double with points and with 12 offensive rebounds!!! not even including the 5 defensive boards to put him at 17 total rebounds in 30 minutes. What a beast!
- The shot by Fatt's at the end of the 1st half was ugly. It seemed he had no intention to pass to anyone but was going to take the shot himself all along
- Fatt's is getting beaten by his man to the hoop too often
- Silverio looked more comfortable out there tonight. His poise seems to be improving. 2 nice assists tonight including a beautiful outlet pass to Tate who scored the easy 2 on a breakaway. Good floor vision. I also thought he did a decent job defensively - more so than in previous games. Will be interesting to see if Cox gives Omar more of Russell's minutes. We need Omar knowing we only have Jeff and Fatts to being the ball up and run the PG spot
- Too many late arriving people - don't know what to do about it but it is frustrating to see
- Wish we could do something about the audio system. Difficult to understand anyone. Why a beautiful facility like ours has to have a D- performing Speaker system is a question - why can't this get fixed?
- Tonight with Harris having his best game as a Ram both offensively and defensively, plus Langevine's Grown Man performance scoring and rebounding, plus good games by Tate and Preston I certainly hope we have seen the last of the 4 Guard Line up as we saw vs Stony Brook. We need to pass the ball down low and let our big men loose - right now the Big Men on our team are more our strength than the guards.
- Glad Langevine and Harris played so well tonight going into Saturday
- Bring on the Friyaaaazzzzz - can't wait
Last edited by ramster 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

random thoughts:

Cyril---agree with a few others that this was a bit of fool's gold. He is a man down low, but his consistent contributions will come in the form of rebounds, put backs and garbage points. I don't think he should be the focal point of the offense in most games.

Harris---great effort---glad to see him very aggressive with the ball and rebounding. But let's not get carried away. He is still a freshman and he will likely have a number more clunkers along the way, but it's great to see his potential and that he has some touch 5 feet from the basket.

Fatts---for those of you that think he is a streaky shooter---he's not. I don't recall him ever hitting 4 shots in a row or 4 out 5. that's what streaky shooters do. as of now, he is just not a good shooter despite having a couple of good halves in marquis games or hitting a big 3 against Harvard. I still think he can be a star, but he needs to reel it in for now. I mentioned it after the SB game and a couple others have mentioned it here, I would strongly consider moving him to the bench to start games. you can still give him 30 minutes of PT, but I would like to give Martin a chance to start and see if we can get him going.

Martin---my buddy says he's snake bitten. I agree. he's been aggressive at times....passive at other times. I still think he looks like a player. he needs to see the ball go through the twine a few times. he'll be fine.

I like the win...but it might have been the ugliest 20 point win I've seen in a while...
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

nevermind...sorrey
Last edited by rhodyrudder 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Yeah, Fatts has played well vs. PC and Oklahoma, and...Harvard? Ok, awesome. This guy is brutal to watch and is killing the team. Cox gives him the reigns to do whatever he wants and it isn't making anyone else better. All the freshmen are so concerned with their stats they chuck the ball every chance they get. See; Tyrese Martin and Omar Silverio. I am drowning in the depths of Fatts's shooting percentage.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Not Mike Powell wrote: 5 years ago Fatts is bad. Probably a DII Calaber Player. I just don't think he can compete with his size and skill level. He's played well in 3/36 games he's played in his college career. I just don't think this guy is a long term fit here. Sorrey.
I swear, some of you just take things too far.
I don’t know if this guy is drunk or not (the second grade spelling fails seem to indicate that’s a possibility), but there is no way this is a sincere take, and blatant trolling gets you sent to the KB drunk tank. See you next week, NMP.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

ramster wrote: 5 years ago
- Wish we could do something about the audio system. Difficult to understand anyone. Why a beautiful facility like ours has to have a D- performing Speaker system is a question - why can't this get fixed?
TURN IT UP!!!!!!!

LOUDER!!!!!!!!!

STILL CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW SCREAM INTO THE MIC SO THE LEVELS ARE ALL PINNED TO THE RED LINE!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to step back from the mic and let it work.
If you scream into it, it just gets blown out and doesn't function.

Just practice it...don't scream.
The amps are what allow it to work.
You don't have to yell.

You're welcome. :D
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

The freshmen are starting to show some signs of progress and I'll take every win we can get at this point.

I hope that Fatts is not struggling because of all the smoke that Hurley was blowing about him late last year. It was not reasonable to expect that he was going to come back in a much expanded role, with much less experienced teammates and carry the team this year. He is playing ultra aggressive and unfortunately it has been a struggle. He is still figuring out where to find easy shots and how to run the offense (combined with his shooting slump). I have faith that he eventually figures it out and has a decent year.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago Agree with that assessment on Cyril. He won't be able to get away with things he did tonight against bigger teams. He has 21 turnovers in 5 games. He is being overused which is ok for now bc we dont have other guys stepping up, but if Harris has turned the corner he needs to be the focal point of our offense down low. He's already a much more polished player than Cyril on offensive end. Cyril is great for boards, put backs and garbage points. Not to be the guy initiating offense or being thrown the ball down low repeated times.

Also agree Jan/Feb will be fun, this team has like 1 month left of development before they hit their stride IMO. Until then there will be some ups and downs.
I don’t think anyone thinks he’s going to go for 19 and 17 against really good teams with great size, but the fact that he can do it against Brown is good. It bodes well for what he can do against better teams, to scale. The turnovers aren’t overly concerning to me, but they could easily be cut down by getting him to put the ball on the floor less - in other words, don’t post him up 10 feet from the basket where he needs two dribbles and spin move to get to the rim. When he is fed near the hoop he can finish with authority, so I don’t think he’s just there for boards and put backs - he can be a weapon off penetration.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

To note one of the above posters, I believe Bill Reynolds most likely has that as an assigned seat on press row. In the sixteen years I’ve seen games at the RC he is ALWAYS there.

Friar Frank in all his hair plug glory must have sweaty palms right now if he has to talk about a Rhody win at the Dunk on Saturday.

Harris played a wonderful game.

Whoever said Fatts is a DII player - don’t bother coming to a game, EVER.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Can’t worry too much about Fatts when Tyrese is 0-7 and Omar is 0-4 last night. All three guys are average to above average shooters IMO. Once the numbers start to reach the expected averages this team will be in good shape.

If those guys were on fire and Fatts wasn’t passing the ball, different story.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago I don’t know if this guy is drunk or not (the second grade spelling fails seem to indicate that’s a possibility), but there is no way this is a sincere take, and blatant trolling gets you sent to the KB drunk tank. See you next week, NMP.
I think the spelling mistake was on purpose and is a reference to the Pardon My Take podcast.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodyrudder wrote: 5 years ago
ramster wrote: 5 years ago
TURN IT UP!!!!!!!

LOUDER!!!!!!!!!

STILL CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW SCREAM INTO THE MIC SO THE LEVELS ARE ALL PINNED TO THE RED LINE!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to step back from the mic and let it work.
If you scream into it, it just gets blown out and doesn't function.

Just practice it...don't scream.
The amps are what allow it to work.
You don't have to yell.

You're welcome. :D
I also find it difficult to understand Dan York so is he yelling into the Mic too? I just find it hard to understand what anyone is saying.
Agree the screaming into the mic doesn’t help either. I’d bring on a sound system expert and get it all fixed whether it’s operator error, screaming into the mic or it’s the entire sound system itself
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Not Mike Powell wrote: 5 years ago Yeah, Fatts has played well vs. PC and Oklahoma, and...Harvard? Ok, awesome. This guy is brutal to watch and is killing the team. Cox gives him the reigns to do whatever he wants and it isn't making anyone else better. All the freshmen are so concerned with their stats they chuck the ball every chance they get. See; Tyrese Martin and Omar Silverio. I am drowning in the depths of Fatts's shooting percentage.
He had a great 3 game stretch last year against Brown, PC & at Alabama last year. & then another good 3 game stretch at VCU and home against Davidson & Richmond. He played very solid in the A-10 tournament in the first 2 games & of course everyone remembers the Oklahoma game.

I think he is pressing too much. He is also playing a lot more minutes this season. Last year he averaged under 18 minutes a game while this year he is almost at 32. His shot will come. Better shot selection & the percentage will start to rise.

With that being said, his shot at the end of the half was atrocious.
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 5 years ago random thoughts:

Cyril---agree with a few others that this was a bit of fool's gold. He is a man down low, but his consistent contributions will come in the form of rebounds, put backs and garbage points. I don't think he should be the focal point of the offense in most games.

Harris---great effort---glad to see him very aggressive with the ball and rebounding. But let's not get carried away. He is still a freshman and he will likely have a number more clunkers along the way, but it's great to see his potential and that he has some touch 5 feet from the basket.

Fatts---for those of you that think he is a streaky shooter---he's not. I don't recall him ever hitting 4 shots in a row or 4 out 5. that's what streaky shooters do. as of now, he is just not a good shooter despite having a couple of good halves in marquis games or hitting a big 3 against Harvard. I still think he can be a star, but he needs to reel it in for now. I mentioned it after the SB game and a couple others have mentioned it here, I would strongly consider moving him to the bench to start games. you can still give him 30 minutes of PT, but I would like to give Martin a chance to start and see if we can get him going.

Martin---my buddy says he's snake bitten. I agree. he's been aggressive at times....passive at other times. I still think he looks like a player. he needs to see the ball go through the twine a few times. he'll be fine.

I like the win...but it might have been the ugliest 20 point win I've seen in a while...
final 4 minutes of the 1st half last year against PC: Fatts 4-4, 2-2 from 3, 10pts
final 3 minutes of the 1st half against Brown: Fatts 5-5, 3-3 from 3, 13pts
2nd half against Oklahoma: Fatts has a 4-4 run, 3-3 from 3 to put them ahead

try watching some games then...
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---