A-10 licensing deal

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

A-10 licensing deal

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Not sure how significant this is, but the following line intrigued me:

"The partnership will also secure sponsorship for the league’s digital assets, including the conference’s live streamed events and the league website."

http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticle.d ... =209225231

Perhaps this means more A-10 games will be live-streamed .... certainly would be nice!
Slava Ukraini!
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Re: A-10 licensing deal

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

100% speculation, but the B1G has launched a (free) iPhone app for the 2013 season where you can watch every B1G game on your iPhone/iPad. I see IMG is "the nation’s top collegiate multimedia" company... if they launched an A-10 app with similar features...

Just shots in the dark here.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

This is a good thing, IMG is the world leader in sports property management. I would expect stepped up results in many areas including digital.
wakefield
Steve Chubin

Unread post by wakefield »

The new TV contract for the A10 gives them digital rights to games which are not picked up by their national network partners. I guess the A10 will buy back the digital rights if the game is picked up by a national network partner.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I will be pumped if there is a free app for my phone/iPad. The cox feed always sucks on devices and I don't want to watch the game on my computer all the time. Occasionally I would hook the laptop up to the old Vizio and watch the games that way but it is still a pain (particularly when I am the only one the house who wants to watch the game)
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Free app doesn't mean FREE content, but I hope it does.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I think it would apply more to conference tournament events than anything. Since Cox holds the rights, unless there is more to this deal than I am realizing, I don't think Cox will be allowing another company to stream games at the same time as they are.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I actually don't mind paying - I just want the platform I am paying for to be compatible with my mobile devices.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote:I think it would apply more to conference tournament events than anything. Since Cox holds the rights, unless there is more to this deal than I am realizing, I don't think Cox will be allowing another company to stream games at the same time as they are.
I could be wrong, but the Cox deal is ANNUAL, so they may or may not affect what they stream. But I would guess the A10 is just going to pick up the leftovers for OOC home games Cox normally offers.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Anything related to the IMG family (International Management Group) is a positive development for the A-10!!!! (Or, in fact, for any entity or individual to be represented by them.) I'm sure that each school will reap the benefits of this association, and hopefully, go beyond what we've seen in the past from the A-10's media affiliations. This is: THINK BIG, WE DO!!!!!!
Coupled with the tourney in Brooklyn, and the extension given to Commissioner McGlade, things are looking UP!!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Cox streaming is great for people who have Cox. But not everybody does. Out of market people should get access, and Cox can probably get something for it instead of sitting on a resource and having us go to find it for free elsewhere.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

TP, cox video streaming is for people who DON'T have cox or who are away from home during games.

Cox TV subscribers do not get streaming Rams games for free.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ATPTourFan wrote:
adam914 wrote:I think it would apply more to conference tournament events than anything. Since Cox holds the rights, unless there is more to this deal than I am realizing, I don't think Cox will be allowing another company to stream games at the same time as they are.
I could be wrong, but the Cox deal is ANNUAL, so they may or may not affect what they stream. But I would guess the A10 is just going to pick up the leftovers for OOC home games Cox normally offers.
That would certainly make sense then.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ATPTourFan wrote:TP, cox video streaming is for people who DON'T have cox or who are away from home during games.

Correct, I have been streaming the games with Cox out here for the last couple seasons. For the most part, I've been pretty pleased with it, and dont mind paying at all. I do wish the quality were a bit better, and they have their occasional hiccups technically, but I just try to remember back to the days of the scoreboard video feed with no sound or score being shown and the graphics coming up during critical plays.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

adam914 wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote:TP, cox video streaming is for people who DON'T have cox or who are away from home during games.

Correct, I have been streaming the games with Cox out here for the last couple seasons. For the most part, I've been pretty pleased with it, and dont mind paying at all. I do wish the quality were a bit better, and they have their occasional hiccups technically, but I just try to remember back to the days of the scoreboard video feed with no sound or score being shown and the graphics coming up during critical plays.
Hmmm.....I have been stealing game streams from shady chinese sights this whole time. What is Cox's deal?
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

The games through Cox were decent, with an occasional hiccup. They just didn't have all of the games.

I'm just hoping to be able to see more than one game on tv this season.
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

TruePoint wrote:
adam914 wrote:

Hmmm.....I have been stealing game streams from shady chinese sights this whole time. What is Cox's deal?
I've had the Cox deal for a couple of years, for the times when I couldn't make it to the Ryan. It costs 9.99 per month. When the season is over, you must remember to cancel. I didn't find the feed that bad last year.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

all i know is that cox doesn't really affect most of us on here because we're at all the games. I want cox to spend the money to get into away buildings, or at least pick up the feed if a road game is televised.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

In the same vein, Rhody and the Ryan Center have entered into a new partnership with Nelligan Sports Marketing (NSM).

http://www.gorhody.com/genrel/releases/ ... r-partners
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

SmartyBarrett wrote:In the same vein, Rhody and the Ryan Center have entered into a new partnership with Nelligan Sports Marketing (NSM).

http://www.gorhody.com/genrel/releases/ ... r-partners
So glad to see this now official! This is very big.