Alex Murphy - Transferring From Duke

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: Alex Murphy - Transferring From Duke

Unread post by bigappleram »

SGreenwell wrote:
Keaney.Blue wrote:He won't be going to another ACC school like BC, transferring in conference is usually tough. Let's be realistic, he won't end up here. He'll probably end up at a place like Florida or Uconn
I think he has to take a step down in conference / team quality. If he thinks he can make it at one of those equivalent power recruiting schools, then why transfer in the first place?
agree, i cant sniff the court at duke but i am going to transfer to florida or uconn? both of those teams might be better than duke this year, and stocked for the future. i would assume a step down in some manner.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

bigappleram wrote:
SGreenwell wrote:
Keaney.Blue wrote:He won't be going to another ACC school like BC, transferring in conference is usually tough. Let's be realistic, he won't end up here. He'll probably end up at a place like Florida or Uconn
I think he has to take a step down in conference / team quality. If he thinks he can make it at one of those equivalent power recruiting schools, then why transfer in the first place?
agree, i cant sniff the court at duke but i am going to transfer to florida or uconn? both of those teams might be better than duke this year, and stocked for the future. i would assume a step down in some manner.
Well, to be fair, even UConn and Florida don't have Jabari Parker and a 5 star replacement for 2014-15 coming in. That being said, I agree it isn't worth the risk because those schools will recruit over you, too. BC and ND are ACC and those are two year waits, I think. I would think Davidson or URI would be good fits. He would get PT, for sure. I guess it depends on how much he wants to be near home. Also, Davidson is a very highly regarded degree. If you are giving up a Duke degree, there are worse colleges than Davidson.
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Uconn has a stud 3-4 in Hamilton coming in next year.
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Florida actually would offer playing time. The two starting forwards are seniors.
Playing time will be the number one consideration. You'd think he'd want to go to a team that will be winners for the next two years. I think URI or PC would have a better chance than Davidson.
Is closer to home a consideration?
If academics is a high priority then Davidson gets the edge...
It matters what he wants.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Pc has a strong class for next year am I right. So I don't think it would work out for him there. Maybe I'm ignorant but just a thought. Obviously he would play here. Wish I knew his academic approach since that plays a roll too.
GO RAMS