Jermaine Harris

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Re: Jermaine Harris

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody83 wrote: 3 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 3 years ago Man, if only we had two 4 star twins backing him up.
It’s a stretch to say Makhel is a 4 star. He was ranked #171 in the 247 composite.
Four star on ESPN. Counts.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 3 years ago Man, if only we had two 4 star twins backing him up.
It’s a stretch to say Makhel is a 4 star. He was ranked #171 in the 247 composite.
Four star on ESPN. Counts.
It looks like he was four-star on ESPN, Rivals, and Verbal Commits. I don't really care about rankings. The point is that we actually have depth at the position.
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/makhel-mitchell
Last edited by steveystuds06 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

As I stated earlier. Ig live videos do mean something once in a while i guess huh. Lolol.

Yeah hopefully it is nothing serious and more of an abundance of caution.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

sevegny7 wrote: 3 years ago
As I stated earlier. Ig live videos do mean something once in a while i guess huh. Lolol.

Yeah hopefully it is nothing serious and more of an abundance of caution.
Damn
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

We may or may not have depth, that remains to be seen, but it’s never good when one of your starters can’t play, especially with so many new faces.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Poor dude always has something nagging him. Just hope we don't make him come back too soon.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 years ago Poor dude always has something nagging him. Just hope we don't make him come back too soon.
Injury prone.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

If it's plantar fasciitis that is painful and can last throughout the season.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

He has had foot and hamstring issues his entire time at URI.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago If it's plantar fasciitis that is painful and can last throughout the season.
Yeah I was just thinking the same thing plantar fasciitis is terrible to get rid of. Seems to linger around and pop up at times when you think your past the injury. But we will see moving forward I guess.
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

This hurts tonight and this weekend. Hopefully all the new faces will gel quickly.

Also hurts tonight because ASU is vulnerable inside and the ability to throw 4 bigs downlow in rotation would have been a good key for tonight's game.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I guess khi starts then.
Slava Ukraini!
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Rhody74 wrote: 3 years ago I guess khi starts then.
Would assume so. Unless they go small.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

For the love of God, why are we still counting stars? Please stop lol
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

This guy keeps toying with our emotions.. little signs of getting over the hump and a bad game or injury.. he can't be counted on.. hopefully walker has improved and the mitchell's are the real deal. Our season cannot be contingent on jermaine harris or I'm afraid we will be disappointed.. looking forward to watching the newcomers.. 🏀🏀.. everyone have a great 🦃🦃 day.. Rhody Rhody Rhody...
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Really why can’t this kid catch a break?
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

ram1980 wrote: 3 years ago This guy keeps toying with our emotions.. little signs of getting over the hump and a bad game or injury.. he can't be counted on.. hopefully walker has improved and the mitchell's are the real deal. Our season cannot be contingent on jermaine harris or I'm afraid we will be disappointed.. looking forward to watching the newcomers.. 🏀🏀.. everyone have a great 🦃🦃 day.. Rhody Rhody Rhody...

He has started 63 games thus far with us. Yes he has had lingering foot problems but to say he cant be counted on is ludacris. Last year on many occasions we started off games by getting the ball inside to Harris with positive results. Then within a handful of possessions we would never look inside and just swing the ball around the outside. That is not Harris's fault.

Walker's possible improvement better be of the large variety. He was terrible last year. I wouldnt be suprised if he gets buried in the rotation once these new guys get into the swing of things.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

FDshoes wrote: 3 years ago
ram1980 wrote: 3 years ago This guy keeps toying with our emotions.. little signs of getting over the hump and a bad game or injury.. he can't be counted on.. hopefully walker has improved and the mitchell's are the real deal. Our season cannot be contingent on jermaine harris or I'm afraid we will be disappointed.. looking forward to watching the newcomers.. 🏀🏀.. everyone have a great 🦃🦃 day.. Rhody Rhody Rhody...

He has started 63 games thus far with us. Yes he has had lingering foot problems but to say he cant be counted on is ludacris. Last year on many occasions we started off games by getting the ball inside to Harris with positive results. Then within a handful of possessions we would never look inside and just swing the ball around the outside. That is not Harris's fault.

Walker's possible improvement better be of the large variety. He was terrible last year. I wouldnt be suprised if he gets buried in the rotation once these new guys get into the swing of things.
I agree that Harris has been a consistent started. Your sentence about positive results on the first possession in many games seems very creative and not supported by fact. Harris has average 17 mins per game in his 63 starts. That is well below the average of any other regular starter for URI in at least the last 7 years. He has avg 2.6 fouls per game - that’s a foul every 6 1/2 minutes. In the last 5 games last year he had 13 fouls, 20 points and avg 14 mins/game. He got in foul trouble in 4 out of 5 games. The other game (1 foul) he only played 9 minutes.
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Looks like the Mitchell’s are going to be playing a big role starting day one. It’ll be nice to have depth in a year like this one.
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

I agree that Harris has been a consistent started. Your sentence about positive results on the first possession in many games seems very creative and not supported by fact. Harris has average 17 mins per game in his 63 starts. That is well below the average of any other regular starter for URI in at least the last 7 years. He has avg 2.6 fouls per game - that’s a foul every 6 1/2 minutes. In the last 5 games last year he had 13 fouls, 20 points and avg 14 mins/game. He got in foul trouble in 4 out of 5 games. The other game (1 foul) he only played 9 minutes.

Without going back and watching the first few minutes of every game last year its hard to find stats on early possessions. But on multiple/many occassions last year i was screaming at the TV wondering why as the games went along we stopped looking inside. That includes Cyril as well. The guards would just pass the ball along the 3 point line and it was infuriating.

The foul point is very troubling, yes. But the points are kind of debatable. He was the 4th or 5th scoring option on the court at all times. He is good foul shooter and has a nice mid range jumper. We wont know his potential unless we get him the rock.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......straining myself to stay positive......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Without going back and watching the first few minutes of every game last year its hard to find stats on early possessions. But on multiple/many occassions last year i was screaming at the TV wondering why as the games went along we stopped looking inside. That includes Cyril as well. The guards would just pass the ball along the 3 point line and it was infuriating.

The foul point is very troubling, yes. But the points are kind of debatable. He was the 4th or 5th scoring option on the court at all times. He is good foul shooter and has a nice mid range jumper. We wont know his potential unless we get him the rock.
You are right. URI worked the ball inside to Harris (and sometimes to Langevine) and more often than not we scored - both at the beginning of the game and at the beginning of the 2nd half.

I also banged the table screaming why not go back down inside to Harris and/or Langevine. Never understood that.

We were not a good passing team last year, and we played selfishly often, especially on breakaways - guys most always took the ball themselves on a 2 0n 1, 3 on 2 or 3 on 1 - never saw a team so reluctant to pass on fast breaks.

Hope this year is different.

David Cox said on one of his shows that Russell, Sheppard and Carey could all play point guard offensively and defensively - he had confidence in all 3 players to run point so it will be interesting to see who takes on the majority of ball handling and leadership as the years goes on.

I heard great things about Sheppard last season and also regarding his play this summer. He could play High Major P5 easily. Also expect big things from Leggett. We are deep at guard this season.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What’s the injury ?? Ankle ??
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

reef wrote: 3 years ago What’s the injury ?? Ankle ??
They said he had an injection in his foot. Guessing that is not an ankle injury.
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Is Sheppard really a senior? Thought he had two years of eligibility remaining ?
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

reef wrote: 3 years ago What’s the injury ?? Ankle ??
They said he had an injection in his foot. Guessing that is not an ankle injury.
If it is plantar fasciitis sometimes they will shoot the insole of the foot up with a cortisone shot to loosen it up. I have had this done personally to play ball. No clue Harris actual injury.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sucks as we have 4 games in 5 days
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago For the love of God, why are we still counting stars? Please stop lol
Because OneRepubic said no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Shinze88 wrote: 3 years ago Is Sheppard really a senior? Thought he had two years of eligibility remaining ?
He can play next season, since this year doesn't count against his eligibility, and if URI decides to keep him on scholarship. Seniors who return next season won't count against the team's scholarship limit of 13.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I think he will be back tonight
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago I think he will be back tonight
Those shots can work wonders
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Tough break for JH, hope he comes back soon. I am curious to see his development from last year.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

FWIW it was noted in the press release yesterday the plan was to be back for the weekend games. In case anyone thought this was a set back
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago FWIW it was noted in the press release yesterday the plan was to be back for the weekend games. In case anyone thought this was a set back
Not sure the comment was that strong about this weekend. Plan vs Hopeful. Cos uses hopeful often when discussing players returning from injury.
This is the what Koch wrote in an article that Harris wasn't playing yesterday.

A statement released by the Rams said Harris received an injection in his foot earlier this week. URI coach David Cox is hopeful Harris will be able to appear at some point through the four games the Rams are scheduled to play here in five days at Bubbleville.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago FWIW it was noted in the press release yesterday the plan was to be back for the weekend games. In case anyone thought this was a set back
Not sure the comment was that strong about this weekend. Plan vs Hopeful. Cos uses hopeful often when discussing players returning from injury.
This is the what Koch wrote in an article that Harris wasn't playing yesterday.

A statement released by the Rams said Harris received an injection in his foot earlier this week. URI coach David Cox is hopeful Harris will be able to appear at some point through the four games the Rams are scheduled to play here in five days at Bubbleville.
Agreed I still think there’s a decent chance he doesn’t play this week at all. But today was definitely never an option
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

We missed his FT shooting accuracy. Career he is a 75% FT Shooter.
As a team we were a miserable 60% last night.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah Mitchell was a bad 0-4 hurt us and he missed ugly
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

Jermaine Harris will have surgery on his foot. Believe it will be season ending. He said he has been dealing with the pain for the past two years and is done with it. Am I reading to much into his iNsTaGraM :roll:
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

If this is true, I am so sorry to hear it. He is clearly playing with a ton of heart. Would he have 2 years of eligibility left? Rooting for you Jermaine!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

I dont see anything on his Instagram

Please don't be true...
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

F**************CK!!!!!!!!

I hope this isn't true, and I hate that but if you had to pick a year to miss it would be this one.

Much love Jermaine. Will be rooting for your return!
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

He was just on Instagram Live video, I didn’t watch so I can’t confirm. Wouldn’t be shocked, college kids tend to “leak” this type of stuff
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

I feel like the kid has been injured for his whole career here and would love to see what he is fully capable of if healthy. Sucky news but id rather see him full strength for at least a year instead of injured all 4 years. The kid deserves it fighting through the injury. Hopefully he gets a better treatment option in the next week.
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Will still have 2 years of eligibility left. This news sucks but we have the depth to absorb this blow. Hopefully Jermaine doesnt decide to transfer.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Harris said he's getting season-ending surgery while he was on IG live? He has zero lift so maybe this is what he needs. I'd much rather see him healthy.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

IMO in the time he did get on the court he looked much improved. Energy and motor were much better. Sucks if we lose him but we do have depth at the position.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

FDshoes wrote: 3 years ago Will still have 2 years of eligibility left. This news sucks but we have the depth to absorb this blow. Hopefully Jermaine doesnt decide to transfer.
I feel bad for Jermaine and the fact that he has been battling injury issues since he got here. He must be very frustrated and if he decides on surgery , I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to transfer and make a fresh start somewhere else. We would have the depth to absorb his loss, especially with the addition of Samb and redshirt freshman Ileri. Again this is all speculation and I would love to see him finish his career here and enjoy watching a healthy JH.
Last edited by Jersey77 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

What’s with the obsession about forecasting kids to transfer? It’s pointless. The kid plays hard, leave it be.
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

I hope this isn't true, but could explain his big reaction from the bench on Saturday night. JH may have told the team I'm going to leave it out there and play through the pain this weekend to give us some depth before shutting it down.