Understanding the NIL

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Re: Understanding the NIL

Unread post by The Dude »

These rulings will only degrade the quality of sports programs and widen the wealth gap between the haves and have nots, in my opinion.
It's also doing the athletes a terrible disservice. At first glance one would think that them getting paid his a good thing. They'll have at chance to make some good money sooner, but the reality is that the vast majority of these players won't make that much money, especially if they're not playing for a big name team in a big name conference with lots of big time donors and marketing deals, in my opinion. Then they'll transfer a couple times during their playing career, while they try to chase the money and in the end will graduate having spent most of their time focused on chasing the dollar in the short term, while squandering their chance for long term success in something other than basketball, which many of them won't be playing for very long after college, if at all. Let's just say, hypothetically, maybe they go for a certain major because they think it's going to be easy and they'll just make their money through the sport they're playing. Then they don't end up making all that much and they've gotten very little educational value out of their school(s). A very minute percentage will see the NBA. The rest will either play in Europe for a short time or will have to find a good paying job. In the end, most of them will need to make a living at some point doing something other than basketball. But with what kind of education exactly?
These kids are going to get manipulated more than ever, in my opinion. We're breeding a bunch of dollar chasing narcissists that will struggle to function at doing the most mundane of tasks in the world. Have you seen these kids? Their glued to their phones/videos, ridden with anxiety, struggling to make correct change, & trying to be the next influencer. These days parents actually call up professors at colleges to complain if their kid isn't doing well. WHAT??!! That used to be unheard of. They're suppose to be grown ass functioning adults. Instead they're becoming social media whores, trying to make an extra buck off that next Tin Tok video. I mean they're/we're fucked with a capital "F" here.
Who's going to build our bridges? Build houses? Cure cancer? Become a nurse, teacher, or doctor (all in short supply right now)? Air traffic controller (3000 people short last I heard)? Have you seen the young guns in the U.S. Congress and how dysfunctional they are? A bunch of knuckle dragging dipshits that whine, complain, & can't get shit done.

Brawndo. It's what plants crave.
ImageImage
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

I’m not sure how this ruling changes the importance of giving to URI athletics or players.

The system will still exist, players will still go to the best situation for them, having a strong collective will still be important.

Very on brand for the “someone else will do it” brigade though. You guys suck.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 weeks ago Bernadette weighs in on the NCAA settlement.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -the-ncaa/

"The defendants, honestly speaking, it's not just that they're bigger conferences, but they have the wherewithal for a much wider and several other streams of revenue to be able to cover significant costs as a settlement," A-10 commissioner Bernadette McGlade told CBS Sports. "To appropriate it where the five defendants are paying out 40% and the other conferences are picking up 60% is an imbalance of the financial asset distribution in Division I."

"Do we have to reduce our scholarship funding in other sports to stay competitive in basketball? Every school is going to have to look in the mirror and make that decision," McGlade said.

"The Autonomy Five will have a significant increase in expenses as it relates to the go-forward of this settlement, but at the same time, they're in the fortunate position of having protected revenue sources from the CFP as well as the multi-media, mega-media television rights," McGlade said. "From an A-10 perspective, we will make an attempt to set up and opt in as a basketball-centric league, but we'll have to work hard to strategically find those dollars that will be able to match the type of dollars that it will take to opt in to stay competitive and relevant in basketball, which the A-10 unquestionably wants to do."
NCAA Payouts from to Schools and to Conferences will decrease by more than half as that money will go to paying players current, past and future.

NCAA doesn’t lose revenue on this particular category because the money went out anyway, the payouts just get reallocated to players.

IMG_3755.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Power confs must opt in (~$20-22 million/yr), but the plan is structured off NCAAT success.

UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

It sure seems like we’re heading towards a two tier model with major conferences on one tier (final makeup tbd) and everyone else in a second tier with a more traditional athletics model. It’s anybody’s guess how that could all shake out. URI has to keep up until everything is settled.
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

Multi tiered like baseball. The Majors, AAA, AA, A, instructional league. The question for us is are we AA or A.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

There is no way that URI could ever come up with $20-22M every year to pay athletes. Just look at the difficulty and number of years it took to get the Student Athlete Development Center and Basketball Practice facilities which were one time expenses at a fraction of the cost. Look at the condition many of the URI athletic facilities were allowed to decline to.

Anyone that thinks that URI is going to be able to continue to compete at the highest level of college athletics is not living in reality.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I think you may be right…very sad.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

RF1 wrote: 3 weeks ago There is no way that URI could ever come up with $20-22M every year to pay athletes. Just look at the difficulty and number of years it took to get the Student Athlete Development Center and Basketball Practice facilities which were one time expenses at a fraction of the cost. Look at the condition many of the URI athletic facilities were allowed to decline to.

Anyone that thinks that URI is going to be able to continue to compete at the highest level of college athletics is not living in reality.
Yes, agree with that reality, some looking in the mirror(see the A-10 Commissioner quote)will be needed. It s the every year that is the tuff nut. It ain’t coming from Smith Hill. Some revenue sharing might help. IMO, we have not been competitive at the highest hoops level for years. That train left the station. Where we land is obviously an unknown, but the example of the AAA etc above is good. Where ever we land we/ll just have to be the best we can at that unknown level.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If there ends up being 4 divisions (just throwing a number out there) and we're in division 3, say we make the tourney in division 3 watching lesser talent at the RC than we're used to seeing.Is that still fun?
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 weeks ago If there ends up being 4 divisions (just throwing a number out there) and we're in division 3, say we make the tourney in division 3 watching lesser talent at the RC than we're used to seeing.Is that still fun?
How many people go to D3 games…10? The reality is even D1 teams have crappy attendance. I expect Keaney would seem empty if we were D3.

Can’t they separate out the BCS football money and set that aside so it can only be spent on football?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RIFan wrote: 3 weeks ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 3 weeks ago If there ends up being 4 divisions (just throwing a number out there) and we're in division 3, say we make the tourney in division 3 watching lesser talent at the RC than we're used to seeing.Is that still fun?
How many people go to D3 games…10? The reality is even D1 teams have crappy attendance. I expect Keaney would seem empty if we were D3.

Can’t they separate out the BCS football money and set that aside so it can only be spent on football?
That's what I'm saying. Interest is pretty low now. It would seem that it would even get lower.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

New York Times on settlement….

Smaller conferences, such as the Big East — which includes Georgetown, Villanova and the University of Connecticut — have voiced “strong objections” to the settlement, worried about shouldering an unfair burden of costs involved in revenue sharing. They said schools that have higher-profile sports teams and are part of bigger conferences, which often have TV contracts and much higher revenues, should be responsible for covering more of the costs.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ncaa-athlete ... 03647.html
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

As I've been saying forever, there's the Cartel and there's everyone else. If a settlement wasn't agreeable to the Cartel, there would be no settlement.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

It would depend...if winning Division 3 meant you get moved up to Division 2 the next year... In comparison to the last handful of years, that might could be a little bit of fun. :lol:
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Good post and question, 78. It is worthy of a response.

I don’t know if, when or how we could drop divisions in basketball as I am not privy to the thinking of the Rhody administration (President, AD, etc.). But, from where I sit, I see the P2 making a move that does not benefit my beloved Rhody.

As to your question, in the past when I was young and healthy I went to some Rhody fb games. I understood they did not play at the highest level but my rooting interest was as vibrant as it is for basketball (although I personally favor and relate to bb because I played it most of my life until I couldn’t).

If basketball does drop down I will still root and follow the team but my interest will be jaded by my experience/history of past NCAAT runs and conf championships because that’s what I lived.

As new generations of fans come along they will only know the new reality (their reality being much different than mine as an much older fan) of Div 2 or 3 or Div whatever and settle for that since that will be all they know.

For us current and older fans, the potential change - if it ever happens - is a tough pill to swallow.

That said, we need to fight back and hold on as long as we can if that is what the Rhody administration plans to do.

Long live Rhody Basketball and the spirit of Frank Keaney and all the greats who followed him!!! And screw the P2!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

We got an elite on campus arena, elite coach, new practice facility and a history of success (albeit infrequent)

Y’all tossing in the towel?

Think big? (We Do)

Jeez Debbie Downer, Negative Nancy, Bummer Bob city.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

If it comes to 21 mil a year to sustain athletics at URI , as we have known it? Yes.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

We will know the President’s decision if we see the Meade upgrade continue and upgrades to aging RC tech (PA, video etc) that are needed discussed.

I’ll stay optimistic. No question URI administration has a LOT of work to do.

Go Rhody.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

The only way this works in this state is if the players Unionize. Democrats love unions. Otherwise, this program is on life support.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Just spit balling until the many unknowns ate resolved. Maybe a new and improved Yankee Conference is born? Name some schools(minus hockey)that might get involved. Basketball as top dog with football following. Crazy? Sure.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Haven’t seen it posted here, but the first Rhody Excellence Zoom/Webinar is next Thursday May 30th.

Nice idea, some new players will be on, maybe Archie, etc etc. little nuggets here and there.

However, it is at 2 pm, so, and I’m partially quoting here, “people in other time zones are able to watch it.”

What the hell time zones are they catering to when it’s 2 pm on the East Coast?

The webinar will be taped and emailed to subscribers afterwards, but putting it on a weekday at 2 pm on the East Coast “so people in other time zones can see it” is utter stupidity.
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

UConn will jump from the BE, they are pretty much being forced to.
Mobley was fouled.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

section(105) wrote: 3 weeks ago Just spit balling until the many unknowns ate resolved. Maybe a new and improved Yankee Conference is born? Name some schools(minus hockey)that might get involved. Basketball as top dog with football following. Crazy? Sure.
We add hockey and UVM will reintroduce football.

:)
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Blue Man wrote: 3 weeks ago I’m not sure how this ruling changes the importance of giving to URI athletics or players.

The system will still exist, players will still go to the best situation for them, having a strong collective will still be important.

language !

this is what we meant by personal

i might disagree w other fans but i don’t think you suck

come on - you are better than that

anyways - just spent a great day at folley beach so pretty sure i don’t suck

to our veterans… THANK YOU

to blue man … THANK YOU FOR BEING ONE OF OUR BEST FAN
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 weeks ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 weeks ago I’m not sure how this ruling changes the importance of giving to URI athletics or players.

language !

this is what we meant by personal

i might disagree w other fans but i don’t think you suck

come on - you are better than that

anyways - just spent a great day at folley beach so pretty sure i don’t suck

to our veterans… THANK YOU

to blue man … THANK YOU FOR BEING ONE OF OUR BEST FAN
You are a sweet boy ECR

BUT YOURE NOT SWEET TO NIL
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

i love all rhody fans

standing offer: if you ever get down to charleston - dinner and drinks on me and we talk rhody hoops

i don’t think any of you suck

that’s the difference between blue man and me

blue man yes is a better fan than me - no doubt - but i will never group you guys into the suck category

we share a bond - even if we disagree

so DM me if you ever come down
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

section(105) wrote: 3 weeks ago Just spit balling until the many unknowns ate resolved. Maybe a new and improved Yankee Conference is born? Name some schools(minus hockey)that might get involved. Basketball as top dog with football following. Crazy? Sure.
I think we are headed to a two tier system for all sports in which URI is likely destined to the B level somewhat similar to what D1 and 1AA were originally created to be in football. Unlike the football model, there will be a lot more schools competing in the new 1AA/B Level as it won't be just for football. This lower level will include many present FBS football schools. The top level across all sports will eventually only be a division for the big conference football schools.

The relegation of most of the present D1 to a lower level will very much impact revenues for its members. Its championship playoffs will attract less interest and generate far less money to distribute. Overall fan interest and passion for this level will be less with attendance declining. TV and media rights will be much less. The decline in revenues will very much necessitate cost containment measures. I would envision a new conference realignment process that will be more based on geography to reduce travel costs. College athletics at this level will go back to the days many decades ago (1950's) before tv got involved. Would not be surprised to see an all sports new form of the old Yankee Conference which would include URI.

Hate to be doom and gloom but this is where I think things are eventually headed. It is no longer a question of if, as it is now only when.
Last edited by RF1 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 weeks ago
theblueram wrote: 3 weeks ago LaSalle has a student population of 2,700. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
URI just graduated 4,700 students last week. How the hell are they in the same conference?
That is a great question. Imho, we have nothing in common with LaSalle other than them joining the conference. We have more in common with other state flagship universities than we do with La Salle.

Typically, conferences were once made up by commonality: the Ivy League (private and high academic standards in the region); the NBE - mostly private Catholic schools with UConn the outlier when they rejoined the NBE from the AAC; the PAC 10 was only west coast schools, the B10 was high academic and research based midwestern state schools; the ACC Tobacco Road basketball centric rivalries.

Now, for the big power football conferences, the only commonalities they seek are football, money, greed and control.

The commonalities that birthed great regional rivalries that made college sports interesting and fun have been cast aside and trampled over by crap power football conferences.

Sorry for the old man rant.

2024 7-Foot Junior College Prospect Spurns Seton Hall To Return To A-10

La Salle Explorers

La Salle posted a 16-17 record last, but they were just 6-12 in A-10 play. While the Explorers extended their losing season streak to four straight, they did win one more game than they did in coach Fran Dunphy’s first season with the program. The Explorers last winning season was 10 years ago and they have not finished with more than six conference wins since 2018-19.

La Salle lost their starting center Rokas Jocius to the transfer portal, though Dunphy did bring in 6-10 Penn State transfer Demetrius Lilley. One of Dunphy’s 2024 incoming freshmen is a big, 6-10 Efstratios Kalliontzis from Greece.

6-7 Ryan Zan, who appeared in 30 games last year, and seldom-used 6-9 Milos Kovacevic are the other players listed on the Explorers frontcourt depth at power forward.

What does Cisse bring to La Salle?

Cisse helps improve the Explorers’ frontcourt depth. He will also help in two areas that were the Explorers’ particular weaknesses last season: rim-protection and rebounding.

With Cisse’s commitment, La Salle may need to adjust its roster. According to Verbal Commits, the Explorers now have 14 players on scholarship, though it is unknown if everyone listed is on scholarship.

https://lastwordonsports.com/basketball ... n-to-a-10/
Last edited by ramster 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 3 weeks ago
theblueram wrote: 3 weeks ago LaSalle has a student population of 2,700. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
URI just graduated 4,700 students last week. How the hell are they in the same conference?
That is a great question. Imho, we have nothing in common with LaSalle other than them joining the conference. We have more in common with other state flagship universities than we do with La Salle.

Typically, conferences were once made up by commonality: the Ivy League (private and high academic standards in the region); the NBE - mostly private Catholic schools with UConn the outlier when they rejoined the NBE from the AAC; the PAC 10 was only west coast schools, the B10 was high academic and research based midwestern state schools; the ACC Tobacco Road basketball centric rivalries.

Now, for the big power football conferences, the only commonalities they seek are football, money, greed and control.

The commonalities that birthed great regional rivalries that made college sports interesting and fun have been cast aside and trampled over by crap power football conferences.

So the dude went from SLU to. offered by SH to. LaSalle??
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 weeks ago

So the dude went from SLU to. offered by SH to. LaSalle??
Yep
LaSalle
Same LaSalle that has beaten URI 3 of 5 games vs Archie Miller and Staff
URI won their 2 home games each in squeakers by 2 points
LaSalle knocked out URI handily in A10 Tournament 2 seasons ago
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

To gain some perspective on what the proposed annual $20-22M that each school that chooses to compete at the highest level will have to guarantee as payment to its athletes, take a look at this 2022 public school data to see how this amount compares to total athletic budgets for schools.

URI # 108
Total Revenues: $31,993,515
Total Expenses: $33,139,455
Total Allocated (student fees subsidy): $24,593,744
Percent Allocated by student subsidy: 76.87%

NCAA Finances: Revenue and Expenses by School
https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances
Last edited by RF1 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote: 3 weeks ago
I think we are headed to a two tier system for all sports in which URI is likely destined to the B level somewhat similar to what D1 and and 1AA were originally created to be in football. Unlike the football model, there will be a lot more schools competing in the new 1AA/B Level as it won't be just for football. This lower level will include many present FBS football schools. The top level across all sports will eventually only be a division for the big conference football schools.

The relegation of most of the present D1 to a lower level will very much impact revenues for its members. Its championship playoffs will attract less interest and generate far less money to distribute. Overall fan interest and passion for this level will be less with attendance declining. TV and media rights will be much less. The decline in revenues will very much necessitate cost containment measures. I would envision a new conference realignment process that will be more based on geography to reduce travel costs. College athletics at this level will go back to the days many decades ago (1950's) before tv got involved. Would not be surprised to see an all sports new form of the old Yankee Conference which would include URI.

Hate to be doom and gloom but this is where I think things are eventually headed. It is no longer a question of if, as it is now only when.
I believe there are currently 351 division 1 basketball schools. What's your estimate as to how many schools would be in Level A and how many in Level B in your scenario?
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Just pulling names out of the air; URI, Maine, UNH, UAlbany, UMass Lowell, Bryant, BU, Northeastern………?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 weeks ago
I think we are headed to a two tier system for all sports in which URI is likely destined to the B level somewhat similar to what D1 and and 1AA were originally created to be in football. Unlike the football model, there will be a lot more schools competing in the new 1AA/B Level as it won't be just for football. This lower level will include many present FBS football schools. The top level across all sports will eventually only be a division for the big conference football schools.

I believe there are currently 351 division 1 basketball schools. What's your estimate as to how many schools would be in Level A and how many in Level B in your scenario?
I would think that Level A might eventually have only about 50-75 members. Look at the link for 2022 public school athletic dept expenses. You have Ohio State at #1 with $225M, Mississippi at #25 with $139M, Purdue at #50 with $93M, and #75 Utah State at $42M. I think the schools that spend in the $100M & plus range would be definite for Level A. The question is what will be the general cut off point. I think it would be difficult for a school that spends around $40-50M (with much of it likely heavily subsidized by student fees) to be able to easily absorb another $20-22M expense to pay its athletes. That would be an increase of near 50% to their budgets.

NCAA President Charlie Baker's Dec-2023 comments map out a possible division scenario:

Baker noted athletic budgets in Division I range from $5 million and $250 million annually, with 59 schools spending over $100 million annually and another 32 spending over $50 million. He said 259 Division I schools, however, spend less than $50 million on their athletic programs.

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Oh boy……

We are going to need a bigger boat collective

NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 3 weeks ago Oh boy……

We are going to need a bigger boat collective

Red Lobster is circling college sports? Yikes
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

La Salle Explorers

La Salle posted a 16-17 record last, but they were just 6-12 in A-10 play. While the Explorers extended their losing season streak to four straight, they did win one more game than they did in coach Fran Dunphy’s first season with the program. The Explorers last winning season was 10 years ago and they have not finished with more than six conference wins since 2018-19.

La Salle lost their starting center Rokas Jocius to the transfer portal, though Dunphy did bring in 6-10 Penn State transfer Demetrius Lilley. One of Dunphy’s 2024 incoming freshmen is a big, 6-10 Efstratios Kalliontzis from Greece.

6-7 Ryan Zan, who appeared in 30 games last year, and seldom-used 6-9 Milos Kovacevic are the other players listed on the Explorers frontcourt depth at power forward.

What does Cisse bring to La Salle?

Cisse helps improve the Explorers’ frontcourt depth. He will also help in two areas that were the Explorers’ particular weaknesses last season: rim-protection and rebounding.

With Cisse’s commitment, La Salle may need to adjust its roster. According to Verbal Commits, the Explorers now have 14 players on scholarship, though it is unknown if everyone listed is on scholarship.

That’s very good news for LaSalle and Dunphy. I really like Dunphy and am glad he is still coaching there. However, I will not like him so much if he continues to beat us regularly. :D
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Interesting post, RF1.

If the P2 or approx 50 or so programs decided to split from everyone else then, I am not so sure their viewership will be great.

I say that because I believe that there will be many disenfranchised fans out there, from schools that were left out and became a lower division, that will not be watching P2 athletics.

I know that for me, I am already done with their football and the division split hasn’t even happened yet.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RF1 wrote: 3 weeks ago To gain some perspective on what the proposed annual $20-22M that each school that chooses to compete at the highest level will have to guarantee as payment to its athletes, take a look at this 2022 public school data to see how this amount compares to total athletic budgets for schools.

URI # 108
Total Revenues: $31,993,515
Total Expenses: $33,139,455
Total Allocated (student fees subsidy): $24,593,744
Percent Allocated by student subsidy: 76.87%

NCAA Finances: Revenue and Expenses by School
Thanks for posting this, RF1. I will check it out later.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

It’s almost like there exists now high major, mid major, low major. And we sit squarely in that second tier. And always have. And we always were at a resource disadvantage against power conference schools. And that always was why when we did beat them it was all the more special. And it’s almost like as much as some things may change they likely will always stay the same.

Go Rhody
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

I’m not calling it the P2 anymore.
As far as I’m concerned, they’re the P1Gs.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

bigappleram wrote: 3 weeks ago It’s almost like there exists now high major, mid major, low major. And we sit squarely in that second tier. And always have. And we always were at a resource disadvantage against power conference schools. And that always was why when we did beat them it was all the more special. And it’s almost like as much as some things may change they likely will always stay the same.

Go Rhody
Well said. Hopefully our Bummer Bobs are reading your truthful post.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

So it seems the players are basically employees now? If that's correct, just imaging the headlines from the projo when a player at URI makes the most of any State worker.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 weeks ago So it seems the players are basically employees now? If that's correct, just imaging the headlines from the projo when a player at URI makes the most of any State worker.
Well, you know it's not going to be long before the players are making more than the coach, so yeah, looks like that'll eventually happen.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 weeks ago
theblueram wrote: 2 weeks ago So it seems the players are basically employees now? If that's correct, just imaging the headlines from the projo when a player at URI makes the most of any State worker.
Well, you know it's not going to be long before the players are making more than the coach, so yeah, looks like that'll eventually happen.
May be true for big time P5 programs but not for URI.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 weeks ago
We're hoping for that, though, right?
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 weeks ago

We're hoping for that, though, right?
Yes, but don’t think it’s realistic at all.
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

so i can book them as a loss on my taxes ?

this might open the door…