Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Rhody MBB Scholarship Tracker

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 weeks ago Updateeee new scholly handed out.

How will they distribute minutes now?

Bassy
JLaw
House
Green
Fuchs

Cam
QD
Traore
Ways
Farrell

Brought back our 4 best players 5 players total for continuity ✔️

We were missing a true PG that can push the pace. Boom, got that in Bassy. Ways should be better and JLaw can do it. ✔️

Needed a high upside P5 level scorer at guard/impact guard in JLaw ✔️

Needed high character energy defensive minded guy to back up Green and be able to play at the wing. We got two of those guys with Q being a true wing with P5 athleticism ✔️

More experienced, more athletic, better defense, more continuity, more talented ✔️

Last on the list is a rim protector true 5 man. Then we shall see what happens!
Do you see a 10 man rotation PRT? Or 11 man rotation if your Rim Protector arrives?
Where do you see this group finishing in A10 standings?
Any weaknesses besides a back up Rim protector tba?
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ramster wrote: 3 weeks ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 3 weeks ago Updateeee new scholly handed out.

How will they distribute minutes now?

Bassy
JLaw
House
Green
Fuchs

Cam
QD
Traore
Ways
Farrell

Brought back our 4 best players 5 players total for continuity ✔️

We were missing a true PG that can push the pace. Boom, got that in Bassy. Ways should be better and JLaw can do it. ✔️

Needed a high upside P5 level scorer at guard/impact guard in JLaw ✔️

Needed high character energy defensive minded guy to back up Green and be able to play at the wing. We got two of those guys with Q being a true wing with P5 athleticism ✔️

More experienced, more athletic, better defense, more continuity, more talented ✔️

Last on the list is a rim protector true 5 man. Then we shall see what happens!
Do you see a 10 man rotation PRT? Or 11 man rotation if your Rim Protector arrives?
Where do you see this group finishing in A10 standings?
Any weaknesses besides a back up Rim protector tba?
I feel like I remember Archie having a 10 man rotation at times with Dayton so perhaps.

I think there's no way

Bassy
House
Green
JLaw
Fuchs
Cam
Quentin
Drissa
Future rim protector hopefully

Won't be playing. Maybe there are some games where someone is struggling and we play only 8 or 9. I'm sure the bench shortens has the year goes on, or maybe a platoon system works better. Hard to see those 9 not getting playing time.

Wouldn't be shocked if Ways relieves Bassy at times. I think Arch still believes he can develop into a solid PG.

I hope we add two more big guys though. I think having only two on the roster isn't enough.

Our ceiling depends of course on player development. How well they gel. What steps do Cam and Fuchs make?

Bassy needs to prove himself efficient at the A-10 level and not force too much. Free throws must improve, not sure if our 3pt shooting will improve that much.

I agree with how Arch has tried to build the roster. We have the physical and potential make up of a team that could compete for an A-10 title. A lot of it is just potential. In the portal era it's harder to project because you don't know how teams gel. But I think the way Arch is building the roster makes sense.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

It’s really hard to play 10 guys especially in big games

Normally I like a solid 9 man rotation with the 9th guy getting maybe 5-10 minutes
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

reef wrote: 3 weeks ago It’s really hard to play 10 guys especially in big games

Normally I like a solid 9 man rotation with the 9th guy getting maybe 5-10 minutes
I think it still depends on if we can play how Archie wants us to play....fast. We have yet to see that because we haven't had the right players to do it.
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Updated Scholarship Grid with wing Quentin Diboundje commit:

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

CamsRams wrote: 3 weeks ago Updated Scholarship Grid with wing Quentin Diboundje commit:

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
Like this roster ! We may win 20 !
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ramfan22 wrote: 3 weeks ago
Love seeing the working out on the football field!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Can't wait to see the whole group together!

Just four fellas here. House, Cam, Drissa, Jamarques.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 weeks ago

Looks like our starting 5 will be:

1. Cam Estevez
2. Jaden House
3. Jamarques Lawrence
4. Drissa Traore
5. Gil Biruta :lol:
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 weeks ago

Looks like our starting 5 will be:

1. Cam Estevez
2. Jaden House
3. Jamarques Lawrence
4. Drissa Traore
5. Gil Biruta :lol:
Could be worse!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Drissa looks in great shape out there !
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

reef wrote: 3 weeks ago
CamsRams wrote: 3 weeks ago Updated Scholarship Grid with wing Quentin Diboundje commit:

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
Reef, each of the last 2 yrs (since I joined the board) my contest pick win totals have been off by 6-7, I believe. My first yr predicting in the contest (2 yrs ago) I believe I predicted we would finish .500? And, we won 9, I think?
Last yrs contest I predicted 18 and we won 12

Therefore, knowing my recent prediction history in the contest, for me to agree with your 20 wins, I would have to predict 25-26 wins in the contest for this season. :lol:

But seriously, 20 wins could be possible. Although, I am thinking 18 - which is what I predicted for last year in the contest since the team appears to perform one year behind my win total expectation.

This is my fan logic - or should I say fan superstition - on display. :lol:
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

need more height then i’ll start believing

praying 🙏🏻
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 weeks ago

RhodyMBB_Grid.png
Reef, each of the last 2 yrs (since I joined the board) my contest pick win totals have been off by 6-7, I believe. My first yr predicting in the contest (2 yrs ago) I believe I predicted we would finish .500? And, we won 9, I think?

Therefore, knowing my recent prediction history in the contest, for me to agree with your 20 wins, I would have to predict 25-26 wins in the contest for this season. :lol:

But seriously, 20 wins could be possible. Although, I am thinking 18 - which is what I predicted for last year in the contest since the team appears to perform one year behind my win total expectation.

I’m actually loving your way to early prediction of 18 !
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Collectively, currently we have 19 years of division 1 experience. That is a lot more than we had the last two years. It will make a big difference.
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 weeks ago

I’m actually loving your way to early prediction of 18 !
I think we start slow and figure it out in A10 play.
Keeping things in perspective...
Hurley (12-18):
Y1 8-21 (T14th), Y2 14-18 (10th), Y3 23-10 (T2nd, NIT), Y4 17-15 (7th), Y5 25-10 (T3rd, NCAA), Y6 26-8 (1st, NCAA).
Miller (22-?):
Y1 9-22 (14th), Y2 12-20 (T10th).
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

KevanBoyles wrote: 3 weeks ago Collectively, currently we have 19 years of division 1 experience. That is a lot more than we had the last two years. It will make a big difference.
It's really night and day when you compare what is on our roster this offseason to what we had going into Arch's first two years.

First year was Cox's orphans and unproven players. Didn't know if Ant would ever come.

Second year we retained practically zero continuity, DG was ineligible, we didn't know if Bilau would be back and almost no one had played at the A10 level.

Now House, Green, Fuchs, Cam and Ways are all back. They've all have played together for a year, they know the A-10 now, we know 4 of them are good A-10 players. Two of them 5th yr seniors, and 3 going into their second year in D1.

Bassy knows Archie, knows the A-10, just lead a conference in scoring.

JLaw just played in the BIG, and started on a NCAA team.

Drissa just spent 3 years in the Big East.

The Tennessee team Q was on as a freshman would probably go undefeated in the A10 and then he played big minutes in the AAC which is if not better, the same as the A10.

A lot more to work with now on paper. Feels like far less question marks exist now. Just waiting on that big!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 3 weeks ago Collectively, currently we have 19 years of division 1 experience. That is a lot more than we had the last two years. It will make a big difference.
It's really night and day when you compare what is on our roster this offseason to what we had going into Arch's first two years.

First year was Cox's orphans and unproven players. Didn't know if Ant would ever come.

Second year we retained practically zero continuity, DG was ineligible, we didn't know if Bilau would be back and almost no one had played at the A10 level.

Now House, Green, Fuchs, Cam and Ways are all back. They've all have played together for a year, they know the A-10 now, we know 4 of them are good A-10 players. Two of them 5th yr seniors, and 3 going into their second year in D1.

The Tennessee team Q was on as a freshman would probably go undefeated in the A10 and then he played big minutes in the AAC which is if not better, the same as the A10.

A lot more to work with now on paper. Feels like far less question marks exist now. Just waiting on that big!
Don't really disagree PRT, that is why expectations should be much higher this season than the previous 2.
Anything less than a major improvement will be very disappointing.
This is Archie's 3rd season, no excuses or passes.

We probably already have our starting 5, which I expect to be competitive.

The roster still has depth issues in the frontcourt which needs to be filled., I am hoping for 2 players there.
Our competition in the conference has added many bigs, some of which will be probable starters and immediate impact players.
So, expecting our staff to bring in these needed pieces giving us some quality minutes shouldn't be a major issue.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 3 weeks ago

Don't really disagree PRT, that is why expectations should be much higher this season than the previous 2.

The roster still has depth issues in the frontcourt which needs to be filled., I am hoping for 2 players there.
Our competition in the conference has added many bigs, some of which will be probable starters and immediate impact players.
So, expecting our staff to bring in these needed pieces giving us some quality minutes shouldn't be a major issue.
Yeah I'd be surprised and critical of them if they didn't add two more centers/guys who can play the 5.

Would be hard to get by on just two. Even in 17-18 we had Preston, Layssard and Tertsea backing up Cyril and Andre. Every team has games where their top two bigs get in foul trouble. I'm guessing we get one veteran and one young guy. Last scholarship? Who knows. Freshman guard that doesn't mind sitting?
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Yeah I'd be surprised and critical of them if they didn't add two more centers/guys who can play the 5.

Would be hard to get by on just two. Even in 17-18 we had Preston, Layssard and Tertsea backing up Cyril and Andre. Every team has games where their top two bigs get in foul trouble. I'm guessing we get one veteran and one young guy. Last scholarship? Who knows. Freshman guard that doesn't mind sitting?
I do like the idea of a young PG that could possibly RS.
Definitely a rim protector or defensive presence in the paint plus maybe a younger PF or stretch 4 since this is Green's last season.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

As long as we have one more big, I’m good. But we need an impactful big. At this point, the big I thought we were getting may not be coming, which is a massive letdown. If he doesn’t land another impactful big, I’ll be the first to say Archie didn’t do well enough this offseason. The backcourt is great, and he added the wing we needed. Now it’s time to get a defensive big.

Fuchs, Traore, a third big, Green, and Farrell are fine with me. Farrell can definitely play the 4; that kid is incredibly tough.

My goal is to land an impactful big and then just land the best available in the final two spots. We aren’t going to land two bigs that can make a big impact, as we won’t have the minutes. Look at Fou last year; he still didn’t play much even after Bilau was out all year. We have room for one more big in the rotation in my opinion.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 weeks ago

As long as we have one more big, I’m good. But we need an impactful big. At this point, the big I thought we were getting may not be coming, which is a massive letdown. If he doesn’t land another impactful big, I’ll be the first to say Archie didn’t do well enough this offseason. The backcourt is great, and he added the wing we needed. Now it’s time to get a defensive big.

Fuchs, Traore, a third big, Green, and Farrell are fine with me. Farrell can definitely play the 4; that kid is incredibly tough.

My goal is to land an impactful big and then just land the best available in the final two spots. We aren’t going to land two bigs that can make a big impact, as we won’t have the minutes. Look at Fou last year; he still didn’t play much even after Bilau was out all year. We have room for one more big in the rotation in my opinion.
I was thinking one inpactful big and one developmental one.

That news sounds
disappointing..yeah not adding an impactful big would be a big time failure.

It would still be surprising if we don't.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

A big that can; get some boards, average post defense, can score around the hoop with basic footwork, shoot 60%+ free throws. Asking too much?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Rhody public service announcement: Impactful bigs are in short supply. Get yours while they last. Don’t delay.

This has been a public service announcement to Rhody basketball from Portal Stores of America.

I agree Stevey and PRT, we need one impactful big, at least, and it will be disappointing if we don’t land one.

I would also like to have a developmental big in the fold but it won’t kill me if we don’t.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 weeks ago Rhody public service announcement: Impactful bigs are in short supply. Get yours while they last. Don’t delay.

This has been a public service announcement to Rhody basketball from Portal Stores of America.

I agree Stevey and PRT, we need one impactful big, at least, and it will be disappointing if we don’t land one.

I would also like to have a developmental big in the fold but it won’t kill me if we don’t.
At this point I don’t think we will land a good one. Javonte Brown isn’t going to happen. The big I was super excited about isn’t happening. And you want to know why we’re not landing them? It’s very, very simple: P5s are offering more. Maybe we’ll get lucky and find someone cheap… this sucks
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 3 weeks ago Rhody public service announcement: Impactful bigs are in short supply. Get yours while they last. Don’t delay.

At this point I don’t think we will land a good one. Javonte Brown isn’t going to happen. The big I was super excited about isn’t happening. And you want to know why we’re not landing them? It’s very, very simple: P5s are offering more. Maybe we’ll get lucky and find someone cheap… this sucks

Damn that's tough to hear. Hope that doesn't come to fruition. If it's not happening are you able to say who you thought it may be?
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

They should have tried to hang on to Tyson or Fou then. I’d rather have serviceable bigs as opposed to no backups.
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

SandorClegane wrote: 3 weeks ago They should have tried to hang on to Tyson or Fou then. I’d rather have serviceable bigs as opposed to no backups.
I an certain we will be getting at least 1 big and possibly a forward with more than 1- year eligibility.
But can't say they will have more talent or upside than Fou.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

SandorClegane wrote: 3 weeks ago They should have tried to hang on to Tyson or Fou then. I’d rather have serviceable bigs as opposed to no backups.
There's no way we shouldn't be able to find someone better than Tyson. That should be a given.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

There's no way we shouldn't be able to find someone better than Tyson. That should be a given.
We had someone better in Fou. Archie didn’t play him. And we won’t land a 7 footer unless he’s completely raw. My guess is we land someone like Brown. A backup, Really need Fuchs to take a real jump and hope Traore can make an impact in the A10.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

You know what Tyson did last year? Blocked 23 shots. Great? No. But by far best on the team. Foumena had 14 and Zek had 12. Our leaders in blocked shots from last year's group are Fuchs and House with 8 apiece. We have nobody to protect the rim. That was a huge problem last year. Our guards get beat and there isn't anybody behind them for support.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

We had someone better in Fou. Archie didn’t play him. And we won’t land a 7 footer unless he’s completely raw. My guess is we land someone like Brown. A backup, Really need Fuchs to take a real jump and hope Traore can make an impact in the A10.
Bilau was also better. We'll see what happens, recruiting is unpredictable.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Have Austin call Brown
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 weeks ago You know what Tyson did last year? Blocked 23 shots. Great? No. But by far best on the team. Foumena had 14 and Zek had 12. Our leaders in blocked shots from last year's group are Fuchs and House with 8 apiece. We have nobody to protect the rim. That was a huge problem last year. Our guards get beat and there isn't anybody behind them for support.
Yup. That’s exactly why I was confused why you didn’t like Zapala. He’s a better shot blocker than Brown….But he’s another example of a big going P5
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 weeks ago You know what Tyson did last year? Blocked 23 shots. Great? No. But by far best on the team. Foumena had 14 and Zek had 12. Our leaders in blocked shots from last year's group are Fuchs and House with 8 apiece. We have nobody to protect the rim. That was a huge problem last year. Our guards get beat and there isn't anybody behind them for support.
Yup. That’s exactly why I was confused why you didn’t like Zapala. He’s a better shot blocker than Brown….But he’s another example of a big going P5
I had nothing against Zapala's game. My opinion is at the place our program is at right now, 1 year guys aren't the answer in building the program. Then again, with the crazy portal and free for all every year, anybody could be a 1 year guy now. Lawrence could be a 1 year guy. So, I probably have to readjust my thinking on that.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

sevegny7 wrote: 3 weeks ago

Damn that's tough to hear. Hope that doesn't come to fruition. If it's not happening are you able to say who you thought it may be?
At this point ya I don’t think it matters. I thought we had Alex Sobel in the bag. He was 5th in country in block shots. Very skilled on offense. Would be a perfect player to push Fuchs for the starting role but either way he’d be a huge piece. I feel we are one defensive big away from having a strong team. We need Fuchs to make a nice jump. Hes the X factor this year.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

sevegny7 wrote: 3 weeks ago

At this point ya I don’t think it matters. I thought we had Alex Sobel in the bag. He was 5th in country in block shots. Very skilled on offense. Would be a perfect player to push Fuchs for the starting role but either way he’d be a huge piece. I feel we are one defensive big away from having a strong team. We need Fuchs to make a nice jump. Hes the X factor this year.
Where is Sobel going?
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Damn Sobel 12-7-3 blocks per game would have been nice from Sacred Heart
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Hoping the staff is still hunting for a center because Fuchs ain’t gonna be able to do it all.
Last edited by Rhodymob05 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
GO RAMS
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Anyone know anyone that’s 7 foot and still has college eligibility remaining?
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Damn.

Any serviceable JC bigs left? Or, are there any foreign bigs we can snag?

Can any portal bigs who already decided on a school and announced now change their mind - especially if PT might not be as promised ? I ask because I forgot if that is allowed or not.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 weeks ago

Damn.

Can any portal bigs who already decided on a school and announced now change their mind - especially if PT might not be as promised ? I ask because I forgot if that is allowed or not.
Yes they can change their mind
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Damn.

We should be looking internationally, especially is this is true...

hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago

Damn.

We should be looking internationally, especially is this is true...

Spot on BB. 100%.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Ramfan22 wrote: 2 weeks ago Anyone know anyone that’s 7 foot and still has college eligibility remaining?
Can Tom Ryan dish out some more dough?
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 weeks ago
Ramfan22 wrote: 2 weeks ago Anyone know anyone that’s 7 foot and still has college eligibility remaining?
My advice is to pay attention to what Blueman says when it comes to our big donors. He doesn’t just say things for the hell of it

I trust that our big donors will donate a lot and they will do their best to field a strong team, However, reading this board certainly doesn’t motivate our big donors to contribute even more money.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

In fairness, I don’t think it is realistic to think Tom Ryan should be looked up to be the fixer of all financial shortfalls in others failures?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

section(105) wrote: 2 weeks ago

In fairness, I don’t think it is realistic to think Tom Ryan should be looked up to be the fixer of all financial shortfalls in others failures?
It's Tom, David, Mike, and a handful of others who do all of the heavy lifting. ALL of it.

I guess this is my larger gripe, and I'm sure theirs. An unfortunate amount of our fanbase does NOTHING. And some, for some reason, do less than nothing and actively chirp the system and giving process.

If this entire fanbase did something. ANYTHING. financially to support this program, I bet those who could afford to do more, would. But the fact that so many on here sneer at $10 a month is the problem. People should do SOMETHING even if it doesn't amount to a lot. And that's kind of the point. Most of our fans won't even give one cent, so why would our largest donors want to go it alone?
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 weeks ago
section(105) wrote: 2 weeks ago

It's Tom, David, Mike, and a handful of others who do all of the heavy lifting. ALL of it.

I guess this is my larger gripe, and I'm sure theirs. An unfortunate amount of our fanbase does NOTHING. And some, for some reason, do less than nothing and actively chirp the system and giving process.

If this entire fanbase did something. ANYTHING. financially to support this program, I bet those who could afford to do more, would. But the fact that so many on here sneer at $10 a month is the problem. People should do SOMETHING even if it doesn't amount to a lot. And that's kind of the point. Most of our fans won't even give one cent, so why would our largest donors want to go it alone?
Do you really, truly, honestly think that TDM + The Handful, really, truly, honestly care about fan board folks giving $10/month? Seriously. I'm not saying it's a bad thing...if people want to do it, no problem...but I think this is a bit of a reach to try shame us "littles" into it.