College Chalktalk / Chris Disano

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

College Chalktalk / Chris Disano

Unread post by bigappleram »

:cry: Trusted Rhody insider is back in the digital content game launching an exclusive platform for Rhody/A10 news and insights.
Launching next week with a sit down with Archie. Site is live and is a modest subscription fee. Sign up Rhody nation!

http://collegechalktalk.beehiiv.com/
Last edited by bigappleram 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: College Chalktalk / Chris Disano

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Already signed up
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This is great news! Always good to get more insight from Chris.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Take a backseat Rhody Vault 💪
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

bigappleram wrote: 3 weeks ago Trusted Rhody insider is back in the digital content game launching an exclusive platform for Rhody/A10 news and insights.
Launching next week with a sit down with Archie. Site is live and is a modest subscription fee. Sign up Rhody nation!

https://collegechalktalk.beehiiv.com/p/ ... ktalk-back
Early June for that Archie interview.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I wonder if RVs attitude towards the program/Archie had anything to do with DiSano starting this back up.
Go Rhody
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Great news! Chris knows his stuff and the staff trusts him! Well worth the $1.50 month.
Slava Ukraini!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Also, it's very important that no one leaks anything on this board. If you want to read Chris's articles, please subscribe. Please do not copy and paste anything here. He works very hard for this program, and in my opinion, we are incredibly lucky to have someone as intelligent and informative as Chris supporting our program. I hope everyone can contribute so he can keep this going long term.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

People about to complain about the $1.50 a month in 3, 2, 1…
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 weeks ago People about to complain about the $1.50 a month in 3, 2, 1…
Why would anyone pay money to support the things and people they supposedly like!?

Everything should be free!!!

Already subscribed.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 3 weeks ago I wonder if RVs attitude towards the program/Archie had anything to do with DiSano starting this back up.
" My hope for this is to tote a trusted URI voice for sourced takes, hoop analysis, and some scoop to a new medium."

I wouldn't doubt it. He knows there is a Markey out there and there is a large contingent of Rhody fans that are out on Rhody Vault. It's a perfect time for him to capitalize on those who can't stand Vault.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 3 weeks ago
Rhody15 wrote: 3 weeks ago People about to complain about the $1.50 a month in 3, 2, 1…
Why would anyone pay money to support the things and people they supposedly like!?

Everything should be free!!!

Already subscribed.
I subscribed without hesitation because of Rhody Vault lol
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Anything from Chris is going to be excellent and very welcomed. He has the perfect mix of fandom and professional expertise.

I know most people want to let last season die, but I would love to hear his thoughts about what he saw in the summer that made him so optimistic and then what actually happened.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Dammit, you beat me to it...I was going to say, 'people about to complain about people complaining about the buck-fitty.'
Beat me to it. Sharp today, well done by you. 👍
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

bigappleram wrote: 3 weeks ago Trusted Rhody insider is back in the digital content game launching an exclusive platform for Rhody/A10 news and insights.

Just a heads up, clicking this link brought me to the site logged in as you.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

RhodyKyle wrote: 3 weeks ago

Yes my mistake. I fixed the link.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

bigappleram wrote: 3 weeks ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 3 weeks ago

Yes my mistake. I fixed the link.
I believe I scrubbed the link from a couple of nested quotes in this thread, but let me know if I missed one.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RV continues to be a tool , I just saw he wrote make or break year for Arch ! Can’t stand him !
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Perhaps RV could get a subscrip for Chris' material, and maybe (without copying it), just use it as a tutorial?
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

reef wrote: 3 weeks ago RV continues to be a tool , I just saw he wrote make or break year for Arch ! Can’t stand him !
I think both can be true. RV is a turd and this is a huge year for Archie.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

For the good of the CCT community, can everyone log out and log back in with their personalized link?

That should help.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

https://collegechalktalk.beehiiv.com/p/ ... management

Another great Article by Chris. If you don't want to support NIL, fine. But Chris is the best. He deserves our support..SUBSCRIBE!!!!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Love how Bassy fits the bill of pushing the pace ! Not the walk it up style from Luis
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 weeks ago Love how Bassy fits the bill of pushing the pace ! Not the walk it up style from Luis
um, yeah...Luis was not walking it up, he was actually running....
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 weeks ago
reef wrote: 2 weeks ago Love how Bassy fits the bill of pushing the pace ! Not the walk it up style from Luis
um, yeah...Luis was not walking it up, he was actually running....
Jogging and then dribbling backwards
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Slava Ukraini!
RhodyNorth
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by RhodyNorth »

Big takeaway from this is Archie doesn't think you need to use all 13 scholarships.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

RhodyNorth wrote: 1 week ago Big takeaway from this is Archie doesn't think you need to use all 13 scholarships.
If the focus is on culture, in this new world and based on those comments - you don't want to have a lot of guys bitching about their playing time at the end of your bench.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago
RhodyNorth wrote: 1 week ago Big takeaway from this is Archie doesn't think you need to use all 13 scholarships.
If the focus is on culture, in this new world and based on those comments - you don't want to have a lot of guys bitching about their playing time at the end of your bench.
That's what I've been saying. Very likely that the 11th, 12th and 13th players on the team are unhappy. And what do players who don't play and are unhappy do? Stick around and develop? No, they transfer. Waste of money, although in case of injuries, I think you need 11. But 13? No way.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I still think there is room for 1-2 developmental types that have skill but need a year for their bodies to mature and catch up.

Of course, they would need to understand they will not play for a year here, be patient and committed to staying for at least 2 years.

Granted, those 3 things above are a lot to ask of young men wanting the immediate gratification of playing and making money. But, I would guess some are still out there and if they are then the Archie and the staff might be open to it.

But like I said, the circumstances would have to a good fit for both parties - like threading a needle.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago I still think there is room for 1-2 developmental types that have skill but need a year for their bodies to mature and catch up.

Of course, they would need to understand they will not play for a year here, be patient and committed to staying for at least 2 years.

Granted, those 3 things above are a lot to ask of young men wanting the immediate gratification of playing and making money. But, I would guess some are still out there and if they are then the Archie and the staff might be open to it.

But like I said, the circumstances would have to a good fit for both parties - like threading a needle.
Wake me up when you can get a player to say, in advance, that he'll commit for 2 years ;)
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

NYG, I don’t do wake up calls. But, Elaine Benes and Jerry Seinfeld offer a wake up service.

:lol:
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

One more forward/center please.
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I’m good if we don’t use all 13 ships , this is the new age of college hoops Arch knows what he’s doing

Glad he picked the Celtics over Dallas
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 week ago NYG, I don’t do wake up calls. But, Elaine Benes and Jerry Seinfeld offer a wake up service.

:lol:
I just saw that one....Kramer still effed it up...
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 days ago https://collegechalktalk.beehiiv.com/p/ ... hie-miller

What a freaking great article.
Indeed. Chris does a great job. Nice to hear the insights from Arch. Looking forward to this season.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Finally got a chance to read the article. Great job as always by Chris. I think I learned more in that article from Archie than I have the last couple years combined. Obviously it's the offseason and hope springs eternal and all that, but it really does feel like Archie has a much better grasp of what is needed to move this program forward at this point.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yup hoping the results are finally there this year , Arch is a fun guy to root for !