Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Re: Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

Is Miranda in Portal? Is anyone known to be after him? I was going to ask does anyone know if we are after him but then I remembered everything is a big secret with us.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

79RhodyFan wrote: 3 weeks ago Is Miranda in Portal? Is anyone known to be after him? I was going to ask does anyone know if we are after him but then I remembered everything is a big secret with us.
I think we are looking for an older more proven big, not a project. But you never know.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

79RhodyFan wrote: 3 weeks ago Is Miranda in Portal? Is anyone known to be after him? I was going to ask does anyone know if we are after him but then I remembered everything is a big secret with us.
The latest rumor is Miranda is receiving interest from Georgetown. If I was to pick a betting favorite Georgetown and Ed Cooley is the favorite for Miranda.

I am okay with staying away from Miranda. Hard to know how good he really is and the past year and a half seem to indicate he has off the court issues. His handlers are clearly giving him bad advice and he does not seem like a loyal committed kid who fights when the going gets tough.

He does not seem like an Archie type of guy. If archie had difficulty with Foumena I think it would be alot worse with Miranda.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

adam914 wrote: 3 weeks ago
Looks like he's from France.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……….another guard? Maybe the plan is uptempo, waves of fresh guards coming in, out quick ‘em, Running Rams? Except Fuchs got some higher motor? Admittedly, I know nothing.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

section(105) wrote: 3 weeks ago ……….another guard? Maybe the plan is uptempo, waves of fresh guards coming in, out quick ‘em, Running Rams? Except Fuchs got some higher motor? Admittedly, I know nothing.
He's a bigger guard, though. To me, he looks like a Bradon Weston replacement. He's similar in size and has the skillset of a hardworking player who attacks the rim. My guess is Archie wants him to play the wing this year based on our roster.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

i would never stay away from miranda

theee guys averaging 6.8 points don’t excite me
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Stan Robinson averaged 3.0 points the year before he transferred here. Kuran Iverson averaged 4.6 points the year before he transferred here. It's possible for guys to come in without averaging a lot of points and still be an important part of the team here.
Last edited by adam914 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Now, if we could land an experienced big man that blocks shots!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 weeks ago i would never stay away from miranda

theee guys averaging 6.8 points don’t excite me
The 2.7 pt bad attitude players really get you going, though?

Archie needs a big man that isn't a huge drop-off from Fuchs. When Fuchs was out last year, we sucked even worse..

If he can get a player who can score and block shots and is a proven D1 player, I'll be very excited, and I think he's going to do it!

I would take Miranda as a final ship as a project, but I think that kid still thinks he's too good for URI. I'd be surprised if he came to us.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Only played 17 games last year - I assume he was hurt. Shooting numbers fit in perfectly with this team the last several years (not a good thing).
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Damn, I’m underwhelmed yet again. I guess I should have skipped that iced coffee this morning. Anyways, Archie’s recruiting has been a big disappointment.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

STC wrote: 3 weeks ago Damn, I’m underwhelmed yet again. I guess I should have skipped that iced coffee this morning. Anyways, Archie’s recruiting has been a big disappointment.
6.8 ppl doesn’t get you excited either ?

granted i know nothing about the kid and hope i’m wrong but let’s face it .. PC IS KICKING OUT ASS RIGHT NOW
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 3 weeks ago
STC wrote: 3 weeks ago Damn, I’m underwhelmed yet again. I guess I should have skipped that iced coffee this morning. Anyways, Archie’s recruiting has been a big disappointment.

granted i know nothing about the kid and hope i’m wrong but let’s face it .. PC IS KICKING OUT ASS RIGHT NOW
You should try comparing the amount of fans that donate to NIL/bitch about NIL and see if you can draw a correlation.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 weeks ago

You should try comparing the amount of fans that donate to NIL/bitch about NIL and see if you can draw a correlation.
Yeah, it's too bad everyone can't be shamed into giving money to something they consider ridiculous...if that worked, and all those people could be convinced to donate $10 a month, that might be another $150-$200 a month from this board alone...think of the players we could get for that...

Per RJ, PC has NILdudes saying "price is no object"....where are our "price is no object" dudes?
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Our backcourt is set. I don't know why any of you thought we would land some big-time wing or guard. The AAC is a strong conference—basically neck and neck with us. So we landed a kid who had a solid sophomore year and then dealt with an ankle injury for most of last year. A bunch of you were complaining about David Green, who also averaged 7 points in a similar conference. He came here and dropped 14 a game. We don't need that from Quentin. We need him to be a defensive, high-energy backup guard/wing, and that's exactly what he'll do.

The important next step is landing another impactful big, as we only have Fuchs and an undersized Traore. If Archie were to land a big who can push Fuchs for the starting role, I would say Archie had a nice offseason after a horrendous year.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

why so personal ?

my goodness

we are all fans

i still respect you tho as a great fan but chill my goodness

peace
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

adam914 wrote: 3 weeks ago

Only good highlights I could find.
14 pts vs Northeastern
27 vs GA Southern
13 vs George Mason
13 vs Florida Atlantic
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

why so personal ?

my goodness

we are all fans

peace
What was personal about that?

You commented that PC is kicking our ass in recruiting.

I’m trying to see if there’s a connection between fanbases who understand NIL and how to leverage it, and them having a good recruiting offseason.

Certainly makes you wonder.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

why so personal ?

my goodness

we are all fans

peace

I’m trying to see if there’s a connection between fanbases who understand NIL and how to leverage it, and them having a good recruiting offseason.

I would like a breakdown of what percentage comes from the average fans vs the whale(s) who told the coaches they will never be outbid?

For many, college athletics donations among the wealthy is a “who’s is bigger” exercise…there is a lot of ego driving this.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RIFan wrote: 3 weeks ago

why so personal ?

my goodness

we are all fans

peace

I would like a breakdown of what percentage comes from the average fans vs the whale(s) who told the coaches they will never be outbid?

For many, college athletics donations among the wealthy is a “who’s is bigger” exercise…there is a lot of ego driving this.
It's a great idea to see if there is a correlation between fan-bases who understand the NIL and how to leverage it and having a good recruiting season.

Message board activity imo is not a valid barometer. Just point to a NIL willing to disclose any financial info and I'll be right on it.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

why so personal ?

my goodness

we are all fans

peace

I don’t disagree, but think about it this way:

If you’re a big donor and you read this message board. You see that the prevailing opinion of your fanbase is not only to not donate, but how dumb the donating is.

If you’re giving up large chunks of your hard earned money wouldn’t you like to feel like you’re not alone, even if you’re doing more?

I’m sure the guys who’ve given tens of millions over the years would like to at least feel like the gifts are appreciated and that other people are doing what they can, no matter how little it is.

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

If you’re a big donor and you read this message board. You see that the prevailing opinion of your fanbase is not only to not donate, but how dumb the donating is.

If you’re giving up large chunks of your hard earned money wouldn’t you like to feel like you’re not alone, even if you’re doing more?

I’m sure the guys who’ve given tens of millions over the years would like to at least feel like the gifts are appreciated and that other people are doing what they can, no matter how little it is.
Let's find one and ask? My guess is the whales pretty much care about whales and they receive their appreciation via avenues other than from what the minnows do. I could be wrong, but let's find some and ask.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 weeks ago

Let's find one and ask? My guess is the whales pretty much care about whales and they receive their appreciation via avenues other than from what the minnows do. I could be wrong, but let's find some and ask.
Spot on! Speculation about how the 1% think and act by “minnows” is ridiculous.

In fact a lot of the speculation getting tossed around these here parts as facts is ridiculous.

My .02 is our Rhody 1% might just sit for a bit waiting to see what shakes out…

Speculation of course on my part.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

can it be as fundamental as not giving $$ to a "kid" who shows no loyalty and can leave after a year ?

we have a coach making $2M a year, and you want me to take him over the finish line ?

sorry, i dont feel sorry..

it is what it is...

but yes,. i will remain a fan as i will always bleed keaney blue

so.. its not a $ thing for me honestly

its a fundamental belief that i am not paying a kids salary or be pressured into defining the success of a basketball season

i rather give to more meaningful and impactful charities for those who i do give to enlighten me.. and gives me far less agita...

so, if we suck.. we suck...

i am willing to walk away under these rules that states a fan is responsible for the success of a team rather than a coach that makes $2M/year
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴 wake me up when we get an impact player
Last edited by rhodyram22 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Ok NIL haters you said your typical negative things and it’s not even 12. Let’s move on. And ELM you’re simply repeating yourself over and over. Walk away if you want to walk away. But please respect the people here that don’t want to keep having you flood threads with the same shit. People have asked you nicely and people are simply fed up. Please stop.

Hopefully we get a big commit soon. After that I don’t really care what Archie does as our roster should be set. My guess is he’ll go after a few high upside projects. We’ll see
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 weeks ago Ok NIL haters you said your typical negative things and it’s not even 12. Let’s move on. And ELM you’re simply repeating yourself over and over. Walk away if you want to walk away. But please respect the people here that don’t want to keep having you flood threads with the same shit. People have asked you nicely and people are simply fed up. Please stop.

Hopefully we get a big commit soon. After that I don’t really care what Archie does as our roster should be set. My guess is he’ll go after a few high upside projects. We’ll see
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

We get news about a player

He gets trashed despite ppl having never seen a second of him playing and then there's more IDIOTIC NIL talk. It's so keaneyblue! Everyone sucks and oh the humanity! Paying 10 dollars to help my team get players!? How awful! What a moral dilemma that puts me in! 🤡🤡🤡
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

We’re not deep. If our HC thinks a guy is worthy of a spot who are we to criticize without seeing the dude play?

Weird.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I actually think the PC whales have the right idea…the dont worry we got your back attitude. They understand that the average fans didn’t know or care about how the players get here. BUT, they show their appreciation by showing up to the games when they are good, and when you are good awareness and support and donations follow…and that is the reward the whales get and the appreciation they get.

They carry the load even more than usual for a few years then the team is good and we have a sold out Ryan and increased support and donations and everyone is happy.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

there it is !

wakey wakey hand off snakey !

Last edited by ElmCityRhody 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Welcome to Rhody, Quentin!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 weeks ago We get news about a player

He gets trashed despite ppl having never seen a second of him playing and then there's more IDIOTIC NIL talk. It's so keaneyblue! Everyone sucks and oh the humanity! Paying 10 dollars to help my team get players!? How awful! What a moral dilemma that puts me in! 🤡🤡🤡
I think there's much more whining "about" those that see thru the Shakedown, then there is "from" those that see thru the Shakedown
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Finally another spot filled! I have an idea for a scrimmage instead of a blue white game we can have all the players who committed to Rhode Island University vs the players who committed to The University of Rhode Island.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Ah yes, Rhode Island University.

Never fails...
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 weeks ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 3 weeks ago We get news about a player

I think there's much more whining "about" those that see thru the Shakedown, then there is "from" those that see thru the Shakedown

its funny.. how worked up they get over an opposing point of view !
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

DeanDome88 wrote: 3 weeks ago Finally another spot filled! I have an idea for a scrimmage instead of a blue white game we can have all the players who committed to Rhode Island University vs the players who committed to The University of Rhode Island.
Perfect!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

We got ourselves a WING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Hard to find too much from his original recruitment, but it looks like he followed the coach that recruited him at Tennessee when he took over at ECU. Went to Montverde Academy and looks like GW offered at the time to. Sounds like he has great leaping ability and is a big guard, but was inconsistent at times and then had his season ended by an ankle injury. Hopefully he can realize his potential here and be a solid bench piece for this season. I'm intrigued by his size at the guard/wing spot.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Just came across some more interesting info from his original commitment to Tennessee. Sounds like he had only played 1 year of basketball in the US before college. Touted as having big time potential at the time. Let's hope it comes together for him here.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... ndje-eyobo
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I like Quentin if he comes off the bench and impact both ends. I don't see him as a starter. Our next commitment is the one I'm really excited about.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Chris Disano just sent an email through the College Chalktalk account. He had a nice writeup with more information about Quentin. Nice to have Chris covering the team like that. Very nice writeup. He projects as a nice '3 and D' guy. Should be an upgrade over Brandon Weston.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

adam914 wrote: 3 weeks ago Just came across some more interesting info from his original commitment to Tennessee. Sounds like he had only played 1 year of basketball in the US before college. Touted as having big time potential at the time. Let's hope it comes together for him here.

Yup. He's not a star by any means, but he can replace Zek and Weston, in my opinion. A guy that can get hot sometimes. A guy who can defend. A guy that can attack the hoop. Someone who has a high major type of body/skillset but hasn't reached that level yet. Or maybe never will. But we needed a player like this after losing Weston.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 weeks ago
adam914 wrote: 3 weeks ago Just came across some more interesting info from his original commitment to Tennessee. Sounds like he had only played 1 year of basketball in the US before college. Touted as having big time potential at the time. Let's hope it comes together for him here.

Yup. He's not a star by any means, but he can replace Zek and Weston, in my opinion. A guy that can get hot sometimes. A guy who can defend. A guy that can attack the hoop. Someone who has a high major type of body/skillset but hasn't reached that level yet. Or maybe never will. But we needed a player like this after losing Weston.
Yeah exactly, seems like an intriguing bench/depth piece with some potential to become more if it all clicks. Hopefully with his size he brings some more much needed toughness to.
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 weeks ago I like Quentin if he comes off the bench and impact both ends. I don't see him as a starter. Our next commitment is the one I'm really excited about.
Is this just a general statement or are you hearing something about another possible commitment?
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

CamsRams wrote: 3 weeks ago
I like what Chris has to say in the "What's Next" section at the bottom of that post...