URIMBB Season Tix - KB who’s in?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: URIMBB Season Tix - KB who’s in?

Unread post by ramster »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 1 week ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 week ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago Today is the deadline to renew. Can somebody explain to me why the hell there is a deadline 5 1/2 months before the season?? Since I still haven't decided and today is the deadline, I guess I'm out.
I spoke with TF this morning, that would have been an excellent question...one you could still ask him, I'm sure. Maybe they want to start selling new season Tix and they need to know which are spoken for? 🤷
this is your answer.

they need to figure out if you want your existing seats, want to move sections, or not at all so they know the inventory for any new accounts, group sales, mini packs and single game tickets.
Exactly
A next upcoming step is to allow current season ticket holders (renewing) to change seats to another better location based on who does not renew (open seats)

My guess is there will be more than usual
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago Today is the deadline to renew. Can somebody explain to me why the hell there is a deadline 5 1/2 months before the season?? Since I still haven't decided and today is the deadline, I guess I'm out.
I spoke with TF this morning, that would have been an excellent question...one you could still ask him, I'm sure. Maybe they want to start selling new season Tix and they need to know which are spoken for? 🤷
this is your answer.

they need to figure out if you want your existing seats, want to move sections, or not at all so they know the inventory for any new accounts, group sales, mini packs and single game tickets.
Sure. But with the current state of the program and obvious lack of interest (outside of the crazies like us), it's now like Tyler's phone is blowing up with ticket requests. I'm thinking that new accounts are close to zero.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Anytime I contact Tyler, he responds in about 5-20 minutes. If anyone has questions, I'm sure he'll answer them quickly. I know some people here think asking for fans to support the program is a ridiculous question, but I do hope that, at the very least, fans of this program plan on attending any games they can, so we can have some sort of home-court advantage and support our players. I can't make every game, but if I can't, I give my tickets away and ensure they are put to good use. If you don't want to donate to NIL, don't. But please show up to any game you can and support this team. We may talk negatively about PC, but look at their fanbase. I'm completely jealous that they sell out every game. Props to them for having one of the best home courts in the country
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 week ago Anytime I contact Tyler, he responds in about 5-20 minutes. If anyone has questions, I'm sure he'll answer them quickly. I know some people here think asking for fans to support the program is a ridiculous question, but I do hope that, at the very least, fans of this program plan on attending any games they can, so we can have some sort of home-court advantage and support our players. I can't make every game, but if I can't, I give my tickets away and ensure they are put to good use. If you don't want to donate to NIL, don't. But please show up to any game you can and support this team. We may talk negatively about PC, but look at their fanbase. I'm completely jealous that they sell out every game. Props to them for having one of the best home courts in the country
i don't think anyone was calling for a boycott of going to games.
:lol:
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 week ago Anytime I contact Tyler, he responds in about 5-20 minutes. If anyone has questions, I'm sure he'll answer them quickly. I know some people here think asking for fans to support the program is a ridiculous question, but I do hope that, at the very least, fans of this program plan on attending any games they can, so we can have some sort of home-court advantage and support our players. I can't make every game, but if I can't, I give my tickets away and ensure they are put to good use. If you don't want to donate to NIL, don't. But please show up to any game you can and support this team. We may talk negatively about PC, but look at their fanbase. I'm completely jealous that they sell out every game. Props to them for having one of the best home courts in the country
i don't think anyone was calling for a boycott of going to games.
Ya I didn't see anyone say that.. But we have people saying they aren't renewing over the last few months. The Ryan Center is already absolutely dead. We need diehards like us to show up and be loud. Yes, I know winning fixes things but giving our team a better home-court advantage can help us win more games.

Win or lose I'll be there. Go Rhody!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Yeah I don't see the issue with the deadline. They've got some pretty flexible payment options too. It's just if you want to keep your seats.

Certainly doesn't stop you from grabbing season tickets if the mood strikes you in another spot if you want to buy later.

I just don't get waiting for whatever reason. Is there so much to do in South County RI between November and March? This is the cheapest entertainment around.

I thought this was a message board for fans. I'm starting to question if we have any at this point.

Just to keep this on topic I'm of course back in 205. I'm sorry and you're welcome.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago

this is your answer.

Sure. But with the current state of the program and obvious lack of interest (outside of the crazies like us), it's now like Tyler's phone is blowing up with ticket requests. I'm thinking that new accounts are close to zero.
We gave up our tickets last season since the last few seasons had been tough to watch and my brother does not telework any longer so the weekday games are not easy for him to make. I put us on the waiting list today for this upcoming season. The 5 game pack worked out well last season although I would have liked to attend a couple more games. If you are a little burned out on the team it is not the worst thing in the world to skip a season and attend when you feel like it. We were not in love with our seats after being a season ticket holder for only 2 seasons. They were decent but not great. If we had great seats would have probably kept them last season.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago
Yeah I don't see the issue with the deadline. They've got some pretty flexible payment options too. It's just if you want to keep your seats.

Certainly doesn't stop you from grabbing season tickets if the mood strikes you in another spot if you want to buy later.

I just don't get waiting for whatever reason. Is there so much to do in South County RI between November and March? This is the cheapest entertainment around.

I thought this was a message board for fans. I'm starting to question if we have any at this point.

Just to keep this on topic I'm of course back in 205. I'm sorry and you're welcome.
Yeah Tyler was kinda shocked when i insisted on paying in full. Again he’s a real good dude.

Between URI hockey and hoops we have plenty of cheap entertainment.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I don't live in South County.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I don't live in South County.
I totally get your point...otherwise, BlueMan is right...
BattleTested
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BattleTested »

yea they have to know what seats are available to be sold to new customers..... literally every school in the country has a renewal deadline. If they didn't and you waited (and they didn't sell your seats) and then 3 days before the season u decide not to renew, they lose out on that.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

BattleTested wrote: 1 week ago
yea they have to know what seats are available to be sold to new customers..... literally every school in the country has a renewal deadline. If they didn't and you waited (and they didn't sell your seats) and then 3 days before the season u decide not to renew, they lose out on that.
Once again.....new customers?
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

My wife and I expanded and bought another ticket for our daughter starting this upcoming season - so, yes, new customers.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 week ago

My wife and I expanded and bought another ticket for our daughter starting this upcoming season - so, yes, new customers.
I'm willing to bet there's been a lot more non-renewals than new customers.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

-Some reducing their tickets so they can also NIL? Maybe drop from 4 to 2 and NIL-donate the difference?
-Also inflation has not been kind could be a factor in reduced season ticket sales
-Older fan base moving to Florida, South Carolina, other places - we know that’s happening - hear about it right on this board
-100% of games on media now. No need to drive to see live plus again with the aging fan base older people want to minimize night driving
-4 years of David Cox drove this program to deeper depths than some originally thought. 4 years of students losing interests as well as long term fans - look no further than Keaney Blue for evidence of disenchantment
-No sit out penalty has led to massive roster turnover along with the development and enhancements to the Portal process
-Actual bodies in seats visibly diminished especially the last 2 years of Cox as compared to announced in box score attendance. Eventually that gap in actual vs announced starts to raise its ugly head in season ticket renewals unfortunately

Should be no surprise season ticket sales are down.

BUT!!!!!!

Good to have a Head Coach admit his teams defense was F-
Good to hear him acknowledge change is needed
Good to hear him say he is going in another direction with Assistant Coaching changes
Good to see a significant roster turnover but keeping the key freshmen in Fuchs and Estevez in addition keeping Green, House and Wright. All those who departed I fully agree with Miller on the decisions.
Good to see him acknowledge he needed a pure PG and not a Combo guard running the team. Solid adds with Thomas and Lawrence who should both start and provide 77% FT shooting proficiency based on this past season stats - a big weakness on last years team.

Thinking Archie Miller comes out fighting this coming year and does not go with the 9 to 12 player rotation of the past several years. He has some guys now who could surprise and content for All Conference recognition especially with good Team Win-Loss improvement

This team could be the best we have seen since Cox 1st year which was a gift from Hurley that Cox underachieved with and Cox took the program steadily downhill with declining recruiting and inability to retain Toppin, Martin, Russell……..

I’d recommend fans give season tickets another year. Things are looking up.
Last edited by ramster 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

ramster wrote: 1 week ago

Some reducing their tickets so they can also NIL? Maybe drop from 4 to 2 and NIL the difference?
Also inflation has not been kind could be a factor in reduced season ticket sales
Older fan base moving to Florida, South Carolina, other places - we know that’s happening
100% of games on media now. No need to drive to see live plus again with the aging fan base older people want to minimize night driving
4 years of David Cox drove this program to deeper depths than some originally thought. 4 years of students losing interests as well as long term fans - look no further than Keaney Blue for evidence of disenchantment
No sit out penalty has led to massive roster turnover along with the development and enhancements to the Portal process

and to pile on, how many 'recent' grads (take the last 10 years) can afford to buy a home or even find a year round rental in south county? how about kent county?

nevermind find a job to stay here in RI after graduation.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Some reducing their tickets so they can also NIL? Maybe drop from 4 to 2 and NIL the difference?
Also inflation has not been kind could be a factor in reduced season ticket sales
Older fan base moving to Florida, South Carolina, other places - we know that’s happening
100% of games on media now. No need to drive to see live plus again with the aging fan base older people want to minimize night driving
4 years of David Cox drove this program to deeper depths than some originally thought. 4 years of students losing interests as well as long term fans - look no further than Keaney Blue for evidence of disenchantment
No sit out penalty has led to massive roster turnover along with the development and enhancements to the Portal process

and to pile on, how many 'recent' grads (take the last 10 years) can afford to buy a home or even find a year round rental in south county? how about kent county?

Absolutely. Plus apartment rents have gone way up and get less apartment and/or house for your money.
And interest rates are not coming down

More graduates leaving RI for opportunities elsewhere
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

-Some reducing their tickets so they can also NIL? Maybe drop from 4 to 2 and NIL-donate the difference?
-Also inflation has not been kind could be a factor in reduced season ticket sales
-Older fan base moving to Florida, South Carolina, other places - we know that’s happening - hear about it right on this board
-100% of games on media now. No need to drive to see live plus again with the aging fan base older people want to minimize night driving
-4 years of David Cox drove this program to deeper depths than some originally thought. 4 years of students losing interests as well as long term fans - look no further than Keaney Blue for evidence of disenchantment
-No sit out penalty has led to massive roster turnover along with the development and enhancements to the Portal process
-Actual bodies in seats visibly diminished especially the last 2 years of Cox as compared to announced in box score attendance. Eventually that gap in actual vs announced starts to raise its ugly head in season ticket renewals unfortunately

BUT!!!!!!

Good to have a Head Coach admit his teams defense was F-
Good to hear him acknowledge change is needed
Good to hear him say he is going in another direction with Assistant Coaching changes
Good to see a significant roster turnover but keeping the key freshmen in Fuchs and Estevez in addition keeping Green, House and Wright. All those who departed I fully agree with Miller on the decisions.
Good to see him acknowledge he needed a pure PG and not a Combo guard running the team. Solid adds with Thomas and Lawrence who should both start and provide 77% FT shooting proficiency based on this past season stats - a big weakness on last years team.

Thinking Archie Miller comes out fighting this coming year and does not go with the 9 to 12 player rotation of the past several years. He has some guys now who could surprise and content for All Conference recognition especially with good Team Win-Loss improvement

This team could be the best we have seen since Cox 1st year which was a gift from Hurley that Cox underachieved with and Cox took the program steadily downhill with declining recruiting and inability to retain Toppin, Martin, Russell……..

I’d recommend fans give season tickets another year. Things are looking up.
Too late, The deadline has passed.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

his is a +1..I went from 4 to 2, so, net between us, minus 1?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

You must have been a math major.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

You must have been a math major.
I know, it seems like it, right? I'm not, but I did receive a good basic education :lol:
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Let's see where things shake out in terms of total ST holders this upcoming season compared to last season. The anecdotes and frustration of a small number of boomers on a message board doesn't necessarily constitute a representative sample of the fanbase.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I renewed, but I wish I hadn't
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 week ago I renewed, but I wish I hadn't
I am not ready to say this yet but I really need some to hear some news from the portal. Lets join the portal party!!!! Archie give us some much needed buzz please!!!!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Let's see where things shake out in terms of total ST holders this upcoming season compared to last season. The anecdotes and frustration of a small number of boomers on a message board doesn't necessarily constitute a representative sample of the fanbase.
When I asked how it was going (for STs), I was told something to the effect of 'you can probably imagine.'. It's usually smart not to base anything off the boomer trend, but, given recent history, are you expecting "growth in sales" amongst the non-booms? Like, are the youngs more pumped to buy STs than us olds? (I kinda doubt it, but hopefully I am wrong)
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

When I asked how it was going (for STs), I was told something to the effect of 'you can probably imagine.'. It's usually smart not to base anything off the boomer trend, but, given recent history, are you expecting "growth in sales" amongst the non-booms? Like, are the youngs more pumped to buy STs than us olds? (I kinda doubt it, but hopefully I am wrong)
As someone has already posted, recent graduates are not buying tickets in 203.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Very legitimate.
Mobley was fouled.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Wife got an email. Season tickets “on sale” for $99. ?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago Wife got an email. Season tickets “on sale” for $99. ?
Sounds like a good deal. 👍
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago Wife got an email. Season tickets “on sale” for $99. ?
Looks like young alumni general admission behind basket where students sit, I think. Could be a good idea since that section is woefully empty for the most part
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ram1980 wrote: 1 week ago
Looks like young alumni general admission behind basket where students sit, I think. Could be a good idea since that section is woefully empty for the most part
That's actually a great idea...empty seats there = eyesore

Actually, are non-NIL givers allowed to criticize like that? Asking for a friend...there needs to be clarity around what's considered a whiny dick complaint and "allowed"
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Students are needed for atmosphere. If somebody buys these seats behind the basket and we get good, and the students suddenly get interested, where are they sitting?
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago Students are needed for atmosphere. If somebody buys these seats behind the basket and we get good, and the students suddenly get interested, where are they sitting?
Let’s get to IF, and then deal with that collateral fallout?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago Students are needed for atmosphere. If somebody buys these seats behind the basket and we get good, and the students suddenly get interested, where are they sitting?
I guess. I don't expect to see a lot of students, especially early in the year. But who knows if we start winning?
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago
I guess. I don't expect to see a lot of students, especially early in the year. But who knows if we start winning?
OK, it seems our IF bar is pretty low.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Actually, are non-NIL givers allowed to criticize like that? Asking for a friend...there needs to be clarity around what's considered a whiny dick complaint and "allowed"
Non NIL givers can criticize all operations related to the game day experience and facilities. Just don’t talk about the play on the court.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

IMG_3672.png
Season Tickets MBB on sale now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Non NIL givers can criticize all operations related to the game day experience and facilities. Just don’t talk about the play on the court.
Sounds like a non NIL giver Bill of Rights.
Last edited by section(105) 6 days ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Nearby