Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Re: Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

One more run in Slick Rick?
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Joe95 wrote: 1 week ago
Ramfan22 wrote: 2 weeks ago Szymon Zapala Is coming off of a visit to Wichita State wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there
Got a good feeling about Zapala
He might currently be visiting right now, can’t confirm. Noticed Rhody MBB started following him and they only follow transfers that have signed.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Assume some news will break later this week
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Ramfan22 wrote: 1 week ago
Joe95 wrote: 1 week ago
Ramfan22 wrote: 2 weeks ago Szymon Zapala Is coming off of a visit to Wichita State wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there
Got a good feeling about Zapala
He might currently be visiting right now, can’t confirm. Noticed Rhody MBB started following him and they only follow transfers that have signed.
I would take Zapala or Javonte Brown to help protect the paint.
Really hoping we can get a visit from Wilborn, that would get me fired up, he can help be the face of the future.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Couple 7 footers in Brown and Zapala would be nice to get one !
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

There's a huge difference between Danny and Archie. No matter how bad the team was, they always played hard for Dan. As we saw last year, that's not the case with Archie. Forget the X's and O's of Dan's offense. Forget the packline defense of Archie. If kids are at least giving 100% effort, I'm somewhat satisfied. Only somewhat because I still want to win.But, at minimum, Is that too much to ask?
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago There's a huge difference between Danny and Archie. No matter how bad the team was, they always played hard for Dan. As we saw last year, that's not the case with Archie. Forget the X's and O's of Dan's offense. Forget the packline defense of Archie. If kids are at least giving 100% effort, I'm somewhat satisfied. Only somewhat because I still want to win.But, at minimum, Is that too much to ask?
Aside from building the roster, the staff also needs to up their game, that is all part of coaching, getting the most out of their players.
I expect to see much improvement this season, especially on effort and team chemistry.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This feels like probably about the right level for Dubsky. I think he could do well there.

NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

79RhodyFan wrote: 1 week ago If Archie doesn’t land a big man, it’s going to make his handling of Foumena look even worse. You knew Foumena was going to hit the portal because Archie didn’t give him much playing time. He always played hard and was one of the few guys who always gave 100 percent effort. He was raw, but I thought he had potential. Archie didn’t cut him any slack whereas someone like Always Wright had a long leash and was allowed to make mistakes. The way the roster is now we could really use him
There will be multiple players at Rhody that put up better numbers than the Fou Fighter. If that's not the case, maybe it looks bad, but I don't have any worries that will happen.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Let's get big Zappy!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Oh wait

Zapala is followed by the official Rhody MBB instagram page? Looks like a boom to me.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 week ago Oh wait

Zapala is followed by the official Rhody MBB instagram page? Looks like a boom to me.
If he comes here, we will build a new Zappa poster every game?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

This is a guy who couldn't get off the bench for Utah State for 3 years, transferred to Longwwod and played 16 minutes per game. I guess we just need a big body, but he does nothing for me. That's the best we can do?
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago This is a guy who couldn't get off the bench for Utah State for 3 years, transferred to Longwwod and played 16 minutes per game. I guess we just need a big body, but he does nothing for me. That's the best we can do?
Yes Billy didn’t do much at Utah State. He would be more of a depth piece for us.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Appears from what I’ve read he finished strong at Longwood. Seems he started playing hoops late in his teens in Poland. Other than I few YouTube clips that’s all I got.

We definitely need a big and he’s a 7 footer. Again, I’d rather roll the dice on Miranda but it’s getting late early here.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago This is a guy who couldn't get off the bench for Utah State for 3 years, transferred to Longwwod and played 16 minutes per game. I guess we just need a big body, but he does nothing for me. That's the best we can do?
Yes Billy didn’t do much at Utah State. He would be more of a depth piece for us.
That's what extra NIL and a new practice facility gets us? Depth pieces? Geesh.
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I can't even bring myself to feign excitement at this potential commitment. 1.2 PPG in 3 years at Utah State, played in only 11 games as a Junior. Of the 11 games he appeared in, he played more than 5 minutes in a game just once and it was against D2 Westminster.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 1 week ago
Just what a team like this needs to do. Anchor in at current talent level and get 'depth pieces.' I.e., players not as good as the ones already on the roster. Perfect
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

let’s go rangers !

they bring me joy and don’t hit me up for a sucker nil donation !
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah hopefully the staff can find us a better big than this guy

As for Dubs , I wish him the best
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Man, our message board is incredibly negative. Have people forgotten that we have a starting center? And not just any center, but one who had a solid freshman year, better than many good A10 bigs in the past. A starting center, we should be excited about coming back in a world where a lot of young, talented players leave. Fuchs is poised to make a leap this season, yet some fans seem to overlook this. You know what that means? We likely aren't getting another starting center. I hate to break it to some of you, but we're not going to convince Fuchs to stay, give him more $$, and say, ok, we're now going to recruit over you! I believe in Fuchs, and I believe he can get better, and I'm happy he's our starting 5. And the same goes for players like House and Green.

Regarding Zapala, I love how people only bring up his stats at Utah State as if he didn't play last year. I've been sarcastic about how some people here seem to believe players can't improve, but I'm starting to think some really don't believe in player development..Yes, he only played 16 minutes at Longwood, but what did he do in those 16 minutes? To me, it looks like he's one of those big men who put up huge numbers in small minutes. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind a backup center that comes in and blocks shots, scores, and is super efficient.

Check out his per 40 stats

23.4 ppg
2.0 BLKS
13.4 REBS

And by the way, we would have lost to Longwood last year. Remember when we went on a nice little streak and then got absolutely embarrassed by St. Bonnies and Dayton in back-to-back games? Zapala and his team played both of those teams much tougher than we did. This horrible player that some of you are embarrassed that we are pursuing put up these numbers.

Against St. Bonnies. He had a double-double.

20 pts
11 boards
7 offensive rebounds. I'll repeat that. 7 offensive rebounds.
1 blk

Against Dayton.. He basically had another double-double
9 pts
10 boards
1 blk

I didn't watch Longwood at all this year, so I can only go off his stats and the game tape on the internet. I understand why some are down on Traore. But this kid seems to have some game. From what I'm watching, I think he moves well, keeps the ball high, and has some nice post-moves. What if he improves his stamina, can play 20+ minutes, and is a better player overall? I know that's hard for some of you to believe, but it's possible!!

He scored 17 and 7 to help them land an NCAA bid.

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 week ago Man, our message board is incredibly negative. Have people forgotten that we have a starting center? And not just any center, but one who had a solid freshman year, better than many good A10 bigs in the past. A starting center, we should be excited about coming back in a world where a lot of young, talented players leave. Fuchs is poised to make a leap this season, yet some fans seem to overlook this. You know what that means? We likely aren't getting another starting center. I hate to break it to some of you, but we're not going to convince Fuchs to stay, give him more $$, and say, ok, we're now going to recruit over you! I believe in Fuchs, and I believe he can get better, and I'm happy he's our starting 5. And the same goes for players like House and Green.

Regarding Zapala, I love how people only bring up his stats at Utah State as if he didn't play last year. I've been sarcastic about how some people here seem to believe players can't improve, but I'm starting to think some really don't believe in player development..Yes, he only played 16 minutes at Longwood, but what did he do in those 16 minutes? To me, it looks like he's one of those big men who put up huge numbers in small minutes. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind a backup center that comes in and blocks shots, scores, and is super efficient.

Check out his per 40 stats

23.4 ppg
2.0 BLKS
13.4 REBS

And by the way, we would have lost to Longwood last year. Remember when we went on a nice little streak and then got absolutely embarrassed by St. Bonnies and Dayton in back-to-back games? Zapala and his team played both of those teams much tougher than we did. This horrible player that some of you are embarrassed that we are pursuing put up these numbers.

Against St. Bonnies. He had a double-double.

20 pts
11 boards
7 offensive rebounds. I'll repeat that. 7 offensive rebounds.
1 blk

Against Dayton.. He basically had another double-double
9 pts
10 boards
1 blk

I didn't watch Longwood at all this year, so I can only go off his stats and the game tape on the internet. I understand why some are down on Traore. But this kid seems to have some game. From what I'm watching, I think he moves well, keeps the ball high, and has some nice post-moves. What if he improves his stamina, can play 20+ minutes, and is a better player overall? I know that's hard for some of you to believe, but it's possible!!

He scored 17 and 7 to help them land an NCAA bid.

You know they won't watch his highlights or any of his full games. No need to waste your breath! Why would a fan wanna analyze a new players game!? Crazy!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 week ago Man, our message board is incredibly negative. Have people forgotten that we have a starting center? And not just any center, but one who had a solid freshman year, better than many good A10 bigs in the past. A starting center, we should be excited about coming back in a world where a lot of young, talented players leave. Fuchs is poised to make a leap this season, yet some fans seem to overlook this. You know what that means? We likely aren't getting another starting center. I hate to break it to some of you, but we're not going to convince Fuchs to stay, give him more $$, and say, ok, we're now going to recruit over you! I believe in Fuchs, and I believe he can get better, and I'm happy he's our starting 5. And the same goes for players like House and Green.

Yes Stevey, don't disagree.

As I said before, I believe we have already settled in with our starting 5 and now are building depth around that.
Which I also felt was okay and that group should compete.

The only exception would be if we add someone like Wilborn, who can definitely push for starter minutes and young enough to also build around.
Not so sure that will happen but who knows.

I also said I am okay with Zapala because we can definitely use that depth in the paint and feel he could be a good fit giving us quality minutes.
Not sure yet if he signs, but I am good so far with the way our roster is coming together.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I/ll take him, like his low post footwork.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I get Fuchs is our center but we need rim protection like it’s going out of style (height). And depth at the 5. Green is too small at the 4 if we go up against a big team.

Last season, our guards got beat a lot and we didn’t have that true rim protector in the paint.
GO RAMS
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 week ago I get Fuchs is our center but we need rim protection like it’s going out of style (height). And depth at the 5. Green is too small at the 4 if we go up against a big team.

Last season, our guards got beat a lot and we didn’t have that true rim protector in the paint.
Especially with a leaky packline.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 week ago I get Fuchs is our center but we need rim protection like it’s going out of style (height). And depth at the 5. Green is too small at the 4 if we go up against a big team.

If we get Zapala, the staff is addressing those needs with him plus the addition of Drissa.
We would still have 3 spots available and can still improve.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago

1. I think Green could end up at Shooting Guard. Our best 3FG shooter last season, drives/slashes/weaves to the hoop as well as any player in the A10 and passes well. Traore or another Strong Forward tba could emerge. Note Abu Bakr makes this reference about Traore and 6-7 months to go before a starting 5 emerges. Like seeing Abu contrasting with Mr Negative Rhode Vault lately

2. Agree guards got beat a lot. Worst defensive player I’ve ever seen at URI was Brayon Freeman - Miller moved on him quickly. 2nd worst was Zek Montgomery - Miller moved him out of the starting line up, gave him many chances to get his starting role back but defense held him back. Miller likely starters are Fuchs, Green and Thomas. The other 2 slots will be a fight between Traore, Lawrence, House, Estevez and others. Good competition for the starting 5.

3. Leaky packline makes it sound like the packline is the issue. Miller called his defense F-. Not just F but F-minus!!!!
Miller has made many changes in the roster. Defensive performance or lack thereof was part of the roster changes.

Starting 5 is already better that last season
Soph Fuchs > Freshman Fuchs. He will be better with better defensive guards and guards who will look to find him with better passing

Green > last year Green. Better condition since he knows he will be eligible from day 1. Understands Millers system better. Better players around him.

Thomas > last year Thomas. Back home. Wanted back home. 77% FT shooter. Moved the ball passing. Can shoot and pass with either hand. Has shown improvement every year he plays. Expect more improvement this year.

Lawrence > last year Lawrence. 36% 3FG, 78% FT. Having Thomas and Lawrence shooting 78% FTs will be refreshing to say the least

House, Estevez, Traore and others all fighting it out for starting roles and playing time. All with 1 more year experience

Coaching - Miller said he wanted to go in another direction. New Assistant Coach.

Things are looking up. All positions improved.

Too early to call the starting 5 - which is a good thing.

IMG_3466.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago I/ll take him, like his low post footwork.
Was watching the Houston Longwood tournament game the other day and he matched up pretty well with those guys. He's not that slow and didn't look bad against them. Houston is so ridiculously good on defense he didn't get much going. Only watched part of the first half, but I think he's got the athleticism to hang with most anyone.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Packline is only as good as the players executing it.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 1 week ago Packline is only as good as the players executing it.
Exactly my point.

And you can say that about any defense

Miller rated his own defense F-

He knows
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

ramster wrote: 1 week ago

1. I think Green could end up at Shooting Guard. Our best 3FG shooter last season, drives/slashes/weaves to the hoop as well as any player in the A10 and passes well. Traore or another Strong Forward tba could emerge. Note Abu Bakr makes this reference about Traore and 6-7 months to go before a starting 5 emerges. Like seeing Abu contrasting with Mr Negative Rhode Vault lately

2. Agree guards got beat a lot. Worst defensive player I’ve ever seen at URI was Brayon Freeman - Miller moved on him quickly. 2nd worst was Zek Montgomery - Miller moved him out of the starting line up, gave him many chances to get his starting role back but defense held him back. Miller likely starters are Fuchs, Green and Thomas. The other 2 slots will be a fight between Traore, Lawrence, House, Estevez and others. Good competition for the starting 5.

3. Leaky packline makes it sound like the packline is the issue. Miller called his defense F-. Not just F but F-minus!!!!
Miller has made many changes in the roster. Defensive performance or lack thereof was part of the roster changes.

Soph Fuchs > Freshman Fuchs. He will be better with better defensive guards and guards who will look to find him with better passing

Green > last year Green. Better condition since he knows he will be eligible from day 1. Understands Millers system better. Better players around him.

Thomas > last year Thomas. Back home. Wanted back home. 77% FT shooter. Moved the ball passing. Can shoot and pass with either hand. Has shown improvement every year he plays. Expect more improvement this year.

Lawrence > last year Lawrence. 36% 3FG, 78% FT. Having Thomas and Lawrence shooting 78% FTs will be refreshing to say the least

House, Estevez, Traore and others all fighting it out for starting roles and playing time. All with 1 more year experience

Coaching - Miller said he wanted to go in another direction. New Assistant Coach.

IMG_3466.png
I’m not sure we just say another year so that means every player is better. Can guys improve? Yes, but is no guarantee and the defensive liabilities aren’t going to get better in seniors. If you want to make the case with Fuchs, Lawrence and Cam that seems like the best candidates. House and Green are who they are. Green is known for having a history of getting hurt so we can’t complain that it is bad luck when he gets hurt. After this season many of these guys are gone with graduation or transfering so there is no more improvement towards next season. They will likely be trying to keep Fuchs and Lawrence from leaving.
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

Video looked good to me. Not a great leaper, but we all know that white guys can’t jump. But seems to move his feet well and can run the floor a little. Good hands and aggressive. I think he can give us some minutes and give us a different look. The Nellie nay sayers are nuts. Sign him up.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

RJRam wrote: 1 week ago Video looked good to me. Not a great leaper, but we all know that white guys can’t jump. But seems to move his feet well and can run the floor a little. Good hands and aggressive. I think he can give us some minutes and give us a different look. The Nellie nay sayers are nuts. Sign him up.
💯

I like his beard, too.
Slava Ukraini!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

We're not talking about a project in Zapala. We're talking about a 5th year senior. C'mon.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

In a perfect world, Green is as classic of a 3 as it gets.
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

So, put Green at the 2? At our deepest position by far? That makes no sense.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago So, put Green at the 2? At our deepest position by far? That makes no sense.
I mean, are you surprised Ramster said that?

He knows little to nothing, just makes monologue posts spewing a whole lotta nothing.
Last edited by Rhody15 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 1 week ago

IMG_3466.png
Yea man! 6'7' David Green who average under 1 assist to be our starting 2 guard!

Cam? Nah. Jaden? Nah. Lawrence? Nah.

The most prototypical forward David Green? Starting 2 guard! Over those 3 I just listed!

You nailed it!
Go Rhody
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago
Oooooof. Did URI even get a visit? Which assistant was on him?
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

To all on the side of reality here, just remember we are no longer talking to URI fans. We are talking to anti-Archie bots who have just decided that no amount of positive news will overshadow their own miserable worldview. Just like the same crew who said that we should fire Dan Hurley and if the players won it would be in spite of him.

Got a good player coming in? Doesn't matter who did we lose? Did we keep a good player? Doesn't matter the team sucked so did he. Other teams get kids from low level conferences? What a get! We get kids from low level conferences? They suck, no shot it'll work out. Other teams like Loyola get better by retaining players? Doesn't matter we suck our kids will never develop. Etc, etc, etc.

We're doing a great job of dispelling my notion that most of our fans SUCK.

There are like maybe 35 players in D1 that are 7' - 10% of the teams. I'm not sure why that's all of a sudden become a prerequisite to be a successful center at URI when we've had what...3 7 footers all time? Can anyone give me any other names besides Mike Anderson, Will Martell and Blake Vedder?

Our best shot blockers (Kenny Green and Hassan Martin) were nowhere close to 7'. Or 6'10. They were both 6'7/6'8. Our best rebounders were 6'7-6'8.

Our best bigs in the last 30 years: Cyril Langevine - 6'8. Hassan Martin - 6'7. Kaheim Seawright - 6'8. Andre Berry - 6'8. Luther Clay - 6'9. Kenny Green - 6'8. ARD - 6'7. Bonzie Colson - 6'9.

Our best historical teams haven't had a player in the rotation taller than 6'9.

David Fuchs is 6'9. David Fuchs was also a true freshman double double machine who improved as the season went on. He missed 5 games and we lost all 5 of them. He's important. And good. And will get better.

Seriously. If you're someone sitting here saying that we need to recruit over him or you're "out" on our chances next season, pick up a different hobby.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

STC wrote: 1 week ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago
Oooooof. Did URI even get a visit? Which assistant was on him?
Austin.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

What am I missing on Wilborn? I can't keep track of which angle people are taking to discredit our own guys to apply - but what need does Wilborn fill at URI?

He's the same measurables as Traore - though Traore rode the bench in one of the best conferences in the league, and this kid played more on one of the worst teams in one of the worst conferences in college basketball. Traore is also older and has spent 2 years playing against higher practice competition than Wilborn ever saw in a game, and spent a year playing for a college HOF coach.

Is this really a loss? He had roughly the same stats as Fuchs going up against future insurance sales reps while Fuchs was battling future pros.

If you're so set on this kid backing up Fuchs - why aren't you so sold on Traore?

He's a 56% FT shooter with 141 attempts.

What did we miss here?

This is the classic case of if we got him, people would be saying he sucks, he's not 7 feet, he came from nowhere, if he committed it wouldn't be good enough for anyone...but because he went somewhere else this is a "miss" and an indictment on our staff's inability to recruit. (ignoring the improved starting 5).
Last edited by Blue Man 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago To all on the side of reality here, just remember we are no longer talking to URI fans. We are talking to anti-Archie bots who have just decided that no amount of positive news will overshadow their own miserable worldview. Just like the same crew who said that we should fire Dan Hurley and if the players won it would be in spite of him.

Got a good player coming in? Doesn't matter who did we lose? Did we keep a good player? Doesn't matter the team sucked so did he. Other teams get kids from low level conferences? What a get! We get kids from low level conferences? They suck, no shot it'll work out. Other teams like Loyola get better by retaining players? Doesn't matter we suck our kids will never develop. Etc, etc, etc.

We're doing a great job of dispelling my notion that most of our fans SUCK.

There are like maybe 35 players in D1 that are 7' - 10% of the teams. I'm not sure why that's all of a sudden become a prerequisite to be a successful center at URI when we've had what...3 7 footers all time? Can anyone give me any other names besides Mike Anderson, Will Martell and Blake Vedder?

Our best shot blockers (Kenny Green and Hassan Martin) were nowhere close to 7'. Or 6'10. They were both 6'7/6'8. Our best rebounders were 6'7-6'8.

Our best bigs in the last 30 years: Cyril Langevine - 6'8. Hassan Martin - 6'7. Kaheim Seawright - 6'8. Andre Berry - 6'8. Luther Clay - 6'9. Kenny Green - 6'8. ARD - 6'7. Bonzie Colson - 6'9.

Our best historical teams haven't had a player in the rotation taller than 6'9.

David Fuchs is 6'9. David Fuchs was also a true freshman double double machine who improved as the season went on. He missed 5 games and we lost all 5 of them. He's important. And good. And will get better.

Seriously. If you're someone sitting here saying that we need to recruit over him or you're "out" on our chances next season, pick up a different hobby.
It is kind of funny, you'd think they'd have at least a bit of hesitation and think "well last time I declared a coach done and that he stunk he literally turned in to the best coach in college basketball, so maybe I should wait this one out a bit and see how it plays out". But no, must doom spiral at all times!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I still think Traore may end up surprising some people and be a bigger addition than it seems right now. I'm not saying he will put up huge numbers, but I think he is the exact type of player we have been missing the last couple years. A "does the little things" type guy that plays hard and helps the team win in ways that don't always show up in the stat sheet.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 1 week ago What am I missing on Wilborn? I can't keep track of which angle people are taking to discredit our own guys to apply - but what need does Wilborn fill at URI?

He's the same measurables as Traore - though Traore rode the bench in one of the best conferences in the league, and this kid played more on one of the worst teams in one of the worst conferences in college basketball. Traore is also older and has spent 2 years playing against higher practice competition than Wilborn ever saw in a game, and spent a year playing for a college HOF coach.

Is this really a loss? He had roughly the same stats as Fuchs going up against future insurance sales reps while Fuchs was battling future pros.

If you're so set on this kid backing up Fuchs - why aren't you so sold on Traore?

He's a 56% FT shooter with 141 attempts.

What did we miss here?

This is the classic case of if we got him, people would be saying he sucks, he's not 7 feet, he came from nowhere, if he committed it wouldn't be good enough for anyone...but because he went somewhere else this is a "miss" and an indictment on our staff's inability to recruit. (ignoring the improved starting 5).
I don't normally use per 40 stats, but anyway, for Wilborn, they are Pts: 16.88, Reb: 11.56, Assists: 2.66, Blocks: 2.5.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 week ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 week ago So, put Green at the 2? At our deepest position by far? That makes no sense.
I mean, are you surprised Ramster said that?

He knows little to nothing, just makes monologue posts spewing a whole lotta nothing.
Reading comprehension issue number 99999999999
Nowhere did I say Green at the 2. Was just mentioned above by another poster Green is the perfect 3. Then Billyboy said 2????

Green took more 3FG’s per 40 minutes than anyone last year, including House. He was our best 3 point shooter and an excellent guy driving to the hoop.

Never said 2 for Green. You just make things up?
Thomas will be PG, our nice Nebraska transfer will likely be 2.
Last edited by ramster 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 week ago In a perfect world, Green is as classic of a 3 as it gets.
Agree
Excellent 3FG%, our best last season
Can get his shot off because of his height, unlike some 3FG shooters who struggle to get their shot off unless wide open
Drives well to the hoop, very creative, high percentage shooter inside and out