The Transfer Carousel - 2022-23

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: The Transfer Carousel - 2022

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago

Per Jon Rothstein's twitter, Edert has committed to Bryant
Wow. Grasso is doing an incredible job at Bryant. Not sure how he is getting these guys to come to Bryant
“These guys” ? You had never heard of Doug Edert 4 weeks ago. And Antwan averaged 8ppg last season. I’m the biggest Twan fan but let’s not make it like he’s getting Lamar Odom to Smithfield. He’s proven he can recruit above his league.
Yea, and I’m not even sure Edert is above Bryant/ the America East.

Just had a great couple games on the biggest stage.

Was a mediocre producer all season in the MAAC.
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Wow. Grasso is doing an incredible job at Bryant. Not sure how he is getting these guys to come to Bryant
“These guys” ? You had never heard of Doug Edert 4 weeks ago. And Antwan averaged 8ppg last season. I’m the biggest Twan fan but let’s not make it like he’s getting Lamar Odom to Smithfield. He’s proven he can recruit above his league.

I agree, but all his 6 transfers can be solid players in the AEC and make an impact for Bryant.

I think Grasso will give Becker and Vermont a run for their money.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

reckless jake wrote: 2 years ago

Per Jon Rothstein's twitter, Edert has committed to Bryant
You are full of it! You have heard of almost none of the players that have transferred to URI over the years until there is a write up on them. If these guys were transferring to URI you would be talking about what terrific players they are and what a great job URI had done. It is okay to give credit to Bryant for doing a great job on recruiting from a small school on the Division 1 level. It doesn’t effect URI and I’m more than confident in Archie bringing us to the top of the A-10 over the next couple years. Have you ever heard of the potential transfers that URI is in the mix for from Iowa and UConn before two weeks ago? I didn’t think so.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

You could say the same about most of the players returning to URI next season except they didn’t have good games on a big stage. For Bryant this is by far the best they have done in the recruiting/transfer stage over the years which is good for the state for basketball and URI in my opinion. Over the next couple weeks I’m sure we will not be thinking about Bryant as URI will be making the headlines with transfers and recruits.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

You are full of it! You have heard of almost none of the players that have transferred to URI over the years until there is a write up on them. If these guys were transferring to URI you would be talking about what terrific players they are and what a great job URI had done. It is okay to give credit to Bryant for doing a great job on recruiting from a small school on the Division 1 level. It doesn’t effect URI and I’m more than confident in Archie bringing us to the top of the A-10 over the next couple years. Have you ever heard of the potential transfers that URI is in the mix for from Iowa and UConn before two weeks ago? I didn’t think so.
Wrong. Saw Jalen Carey’s first game at Syracuse as it was against Dan in MSG. Had heard of the Mitchell twins and we played against them in their brief time at MD. Who else haven’t I seen play or heard of again? This will be a losing case for you as i watch more cbb than my wife would like. I’m not hating on the guys going to Bryant they both are good fits there I’m just saying it’s not like Grasso is bringing 4-5 star kids there. Both Twan and Edert are perfectly suited at that level.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Wrong. Saw Jalen Carey’s first game at Syracuse as it was against Dan in MSG. Had heard of the Mitchell twins and we played against them in their brief time at MD. Who else haven’t I seen play or heard of again? This will be a losing case for you as i watch more cbb than my wife would like. I’m not hating on the guys going to Bryant they both are good fits there I’m just saying it’s not like Grasso is bringing 4-5 star kids there. Both Twan and Edert are perfectly suited at that level.
Agreed here. Edert spent all season coming off the bench for St. Peter's. Had a great game against Kentucky and the media blew him up.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Everyone knew who Carey was! He was a top 50 recruit! The game against UConn was by far his best game and was on ESPN. I bet if you look back at the threads you probably praise most every guy that has come into the URI program. This is typical of all of us. The Mitchell Twins were also well known recruits, at least one of them. Once you get past the top 100 recruits that are not many players that any of us truly know. I’m pretty sure you didn’t know who Bertrand was prior to him coming to URI. The argument was more what if Kramer and Edert signed with URI instead of Bryant? Would you have trashed the signings by Archie?
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Everyone knew who Carey was! He was a top 50 recruit! The game against UConn was by far his best game and was on ESPN. I bet if you look back at the threads you probably praise most every guy that has come into the URI program. This is typical of all of us. The Mitchell Twins were also well known recruits, at least one of them. Once you get past the top 100 recruits that are not many players that any of us truly know. I’m pretty sure you didn’t know who Bertrand was prior to him coming to URI. The argument was more what if Kramer and Edert signed with URI instead of Bryant? Would you have trashed the signings by Archie?
You were the guy who said I had never heard of our last transfers so I simply refuted that with 3 of the last 5. Was not familiar with Betrand. And I don’t go around here falsely pumping up recruits or transfers if I haven’t seen em play. Nor did I trash the Bryant signings just thought your comment was overblown like Grasso was getting Kentucky transfers to consider Bryant. Transfers from Hofstra and St Peter’s to Bryant are not some far fetched thing as you made it seem. Grasso can recruit that’s not a mystery the knock on him has been whether his coaching style will translate up.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Go back and look at the threads. Lmk when you find me pumping up someone disproportionately sight unseen. If you want to attack go do some homework first.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

You were the guy who said I had never heard of our last transfers so I simply refuted that with 3 of the last 5. Was not familiar with Betrand. And I don’t go around here falsely pumping up recruits or transfers if I haven’t seen em play. Nor did I trash the Bryant signings just thought your comment was overblown like Grasso was getting Kentucky transfers to consider Bryant. Transfers from Hofstra and St Peter’s to Bryant are not some far fetched thing as you made it seem. Grasso can recruit that’s not a mystery the knock on him has been whether his coaching style will translate up.

Pretty sure it was you who watched a workout video of Illeri and compared him to DeAndre Bembry.

You also compared Jermaine Harris to Patrick Ewing without ever seeing him step foot on a college basketball court.

We’re all guilty in pumping up our recruits at one point or another.
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Pretty sure it was you who watched a workout video of Illeri and compared him to DeAndre Bembry.

You also compared Jermaine Harris to Patrick Ewing without ever seeing him step foot on a college basketball court.

Wowza those are doozy’s and no memory of either tho I’d love to see it … I’m sure u got em filed
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

I absolutely loved Jermaine Harris. I have never claimed not to be part of the hype train. I had watched Jermaine Harris by the way(probably one of the few that I had). I still liked Harris into his junior season when I finally came to the understanding he wasn’t going to be Patrick Ewing. There have been plenty of guys who didn’t pan out who I liked. My point is that when they come to URI we overhype them and when it is another school who gets someone or they transfer we find their faults.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

But Ramstock I never hated on Edert, Twan or the Hofstra kid they just don’t feel like a stretch that Grasso recruited them there. They are good gets for him no doubt and he has a lot to sell as they have a great shot to go dancing again in the AE.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
Ramfan22 wrote: 2 years ago
Can we make him a priority please? I want three pointers to go into the basket next year.

Edit

Ah I see he has committed there already

I thought for sure he would go to a a higher level team.
Welp...if you go by last year, he did?
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Wowza those are doozy’s and no memory of either tho I’d love to see it … I’m sure u got em filed

Pretty sure it was you lol, it was definitely said though by someone. If I have the time maybe I’ll go down the rabbit hole.

I’m guilty too of pumping up kids, I thought Gil Biruta was going to average about 18 and 10 in the A10, and he averaged like half of that.

I’m sure there’s more, but I don’t think I’ve been as wrong as I was about Gil.
Go Rhody
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Pretty sure it was you lol, it was definitely said though by someone. If I have the time maybe I’ll go down the rabbit hole.

I’m guilty too of pumping up kids, I thought Gil Biruta was going to average about 18 and 10 in the A10, and he averaged like half of that.

I also know how big a fan you were of Jermaine Harris. Funny that you would use him as a reference. I think everyone on the board outside of you was ecstatic to get Harris at the time.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

No idea what you are talking about on the video of lleri? I don’t even think I wrote a thing about him under his recruiting page.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I also know how big a fan you were of Jermaine Harris. Funny that you would use him as a reference. I think everyone on the board outside of you was ecstatic to get Harris at the time.
Oh I was absolutely pumped to get Harris, how could I not be?

Not often does a 6’9, Top 80 kid with offer from Kansas, Miami WV, Xavier choose a school in the A10.

I was very excited for him.

I just saw (before anyone else apparently) he was not talented enough to warrant starting and playing the minutes he was.
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

giovanni wrote: 2 years ago
I was wondering if we'd get in on Timberlake since we have Kenny.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Tre Mitchell thread on UMASS board

Fwiw TheFlarReport twitter

https://www.umasshoops.com/newboard/vie ... start=1530
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Tre Mitchell thread on UMASS board

I hope it's true but will need to wait for RhodyVault to break the news before I trust it.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I said weeks ago I would love if we targeted him!

But I highly highly doubt that’s a reliable source, probably someone just trying to rile UMass fans.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Go Rhody
Rhody09
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhody09 »

Is that last open spot on staff for Bergeron? :lol:
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago

I hope it's true but will need to wait for RhodyVault to break the news before I trust it.
I have no idea. That’s why I put “fwiw”

It’s just info, that’s all. I did hear he was spotted on campus “fwiw” from an unreliable source :roll:

It’s the Wild West. 1249 portal and still climbing, 66 in A10
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Hell no on Bergeron/Mitchell package. Not worth it.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

No idea what you are talking about on the video of lleri? I don’t even think I wrote a thing about him under his recruiting page.
Pretty sure it was me who thought the video of Illeri reminded me of DeAndre Hunter of Virginia (not Bembry). It wasn't my idea to compare the two but I can see how it could be interpreted that way. BTW I stand by my comment but in no way am I trying to say that he will be a lottery pick, etc. He just reminded me of him. Nothing more.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Hell no on Bergeron/Mitchell package. Not worth it.
Tell you what...Bergeron would be a quick decision to lock down my wallet. I could not in good conscious donate to a program that hired that slime.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

No idea who Bergeron is nor did I see his name on their thread, but Tre Mitchell would be AWESOME BABY!
GO RAMS
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago No idea who Bergeron is nor did I see his name on their thread, but Tre Mitchell would be AWESOME BABY!
Bergeron is Tre’s mother’s boyfriend. He was an assistant coach at UMass and he started a fight on the court w Jacob Toppin and Cox, where RHODY Shane was pushed to the ground. He’s a creep. And they usually come as a package deal.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago No idea who Bergeron is nor did I see his name on their thread, but Tre Mitchell would be AWESOME BABY!
Bergeron is Tre’s mother’s boyfriend. He was an assistant coach at UMass and he started a fight on the court w Jacob Toppin and Cox, where RHODY Shane was pushed to the ground. He’s a creep. And they usually come as a package deal.

They came as a package deal to one school (UMass) but not to the othet (Texas).

So it’s not a foregone conclusion Mitchell and Bergeron will end up at the same spot next, wherever that is.
Go Rhody
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

So it’s not a foregone conclusion Mitchell and Bergeron will end up at the same spot next, wherever that is.
I am quite aware of that, but Slimeball is now coaching at a high school in Pennsylvania, I would imagine he would want to return to college level coaching. Texas wasn’t going to take him just for Tre.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Is this Tre Mitchell's mom?
https://twitter.com/CoachB413/photo
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I am quite aware of that, but Slimeball is now coaching at a high school in Pennsylvania, I would imagine he would want to return to college level coaching. Texas wasn’t going to take him just for Tre.
And I’m assuming (hoping) Archie is smart enough not to take him too.

Would absolutely love Mitchell here, a legitimate difference maker. A rare transfer who we know would crush it in the A10.
Go Rhody
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

And I’m assuming (hoping) Archie is smart enough not to take him too.

Would absolutely love Mitchell here, a legitimate difference maker. A rare transfer who we know would crush it in the A10.
Agree as to Tre, hard pass on Slimeball.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

While great on offense, Tre would have to buy in n defense.
Slava Ukraini!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhody going after Tre was the rumor a few weeks ago but who knows if it's real. Would be a massive massive get for Archie. This dude would instantly become one of the best players in the A10.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Tre Mitchell is a power 6 potential nba talent. pass? Lol. Again, it may not have any legs, but , Archie has no clue according to this this board does because they have a kid in cyo. Laughable
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Whether there is anything to this or not, isn't it fun that we're at a point now where even if a rumor seems too good to be true there is at least a reason to believe it could happen?
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Rhody going after Tre was the rumor a few weeks ago but who knows if it's real. Would be a massive massive get for Archie. This dude would instantly become one of the best players in the A10.
Yeah re-firing up the Tre thread in the recruiting section was no coincidence. It doesn't appear Tre is in the portal yet, though, so not really sure what's going on. There's *something* to the rumors, though. How much is anyone's guess. Could be some stuff behind the scenes.
Last edited by SmartyBarrett 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

giovanni wrote: 2 years ago Tre Mitchell is a power 6 potential nba talent. pass? Lol. Again, it may not have any legs, but , Archie has no clue according to this this board does because they have a kid in cyo. Laughable
Archie has no clue according to this board? Huh? We must be reading different boards.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Except he didn’t go to Texas…

Not a package anymore.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Archie was obviously universally accepted on this board. Which make it crazier that many of these rumors are rejected by a few. Within a month . Yes they're are alot of guys on this board that struggle to tigh their shoes but have a great opinion on a division one basketball player
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Cll of course you're going to come back with I have a season ticket and I've watched URI since 2015 I know everything
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yikes. Turns out TheFlarReport was right

Tre Mitchell to URI!!!!!!
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Haven’t heard anything about Tre Mitchell recently. He hasn't even entered the transfer portal yet which is surprising since his dad put some negative tweets out about Chris Beard.
PowderBlueButBetter
Abdul Fox

Unread post by PowderBlueButBetter »

Rhody Vault calling his shot on out first get in the portal
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Wow!!!
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Put up or shut up time for Rhody Vault
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

adam914 wrote: 2 years agoWow!!!
Vault is taking a risk here. Let’s wait and see if anyone like a Rothstein says it before we believe it but we are definitely going after Tre which is huge!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING