Not All Conspiracies are Fake: Archie Miller Next HC of URI

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Re: Not All Conspiracies are Fake: Archie Miller Next HC of URI

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Can’t equate this to previous examples of program building. Transfer portal changes everything.

This URI alum has high expectations. It was the right time for our University to go all in!

Should be a fun, wild ride.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

hrstrat57 wrote: 2 years ago Can’t equate this to previous examples of program building. Transfer portal changes everything.
Totally agree and I think history will show that the transfer portal ends up being a stain on the team continuity we all want in college hoops. JMO, but it is here to stay for the foreseeable future, so we deal with it.
Mobley was fouled.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

….is it Monday yet…..?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Is anyone as stunned as me? Like I don't know what to post anymore. I wanted Archie Miller top priority but I knew what it would take. And we got him. And Marc Parlange gave the budget for it. We just hired a coach for a 5 year/$9.5M deal with increased funding across the board. And it was paid for by the school. This is what we wanted forever.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Is anyone as stunned as me? Like I don't know what to post anymore. I wanted Archie Miller top priority but I knew what it would take. And we got him. And Marc Parlange gave the budget for it. We just hired a coach for a 5 year/$9.5M deal with increased funding across the board. And it was paid for by the school. This is what we wanted forever.
It’s like we don’t have anything to bitch about. 😜
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Is anyone as stunned as me? Like I don't know what to post anymore. I wanted Archie Miller top priority but I knew what it would take. And we got him. And Marc Parlange gave the budget for it. We just hired a coach for a 5 year/$9.5M deal with increased funding across the board. And it was paid for by the school. This is what we wanted forever.
Too many posts about officiating
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

We’ll always have bad WiFi.
Slava Ukraini!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…is it like we were the dog chasing the car, caught the car, and now don’t know what to do with it….?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

This should also give us hope that upgrades to Meade, Baseball and hopefully an outdoor track are on the horizon. President Parlange is a huge runner and I'm sure he understands the importance of a track! Would love for a press release on the New Meade Stadium sooner than later. I read that we are making a huge, long overdue investment at the Bay Campus which will place us near the top with like minded programs. If the University can continue to keep blasting us with positive growth and excitement more people will invest and jump on board. President Dooley did a fantastic job improving our academic perception and building up Campus infrastructure and investing in it. If President Parlange does the same with athletics look out!

Hoping he has Stefan Soloviev and Ben Navarro over for tea next weekend! lol
theblueram
Frank Keaney

LIRAM wrote: 2 years ago
This should also give us hope that upgrades to Meade, Baseball and hopefully an outdoor track are on the horizon. President Parlange is a huge runner and I'm sure he understands the importance of a track! Would love for a press release on the New Meade Stadium sooner than later. I read that we are making a huge, long overdue investment at the Bay Campus which will place us near the top with like minded programs. If the University can continue to keep blasting us with positive growth and excitement more people will invest and jump on board. President Dooley did a fantastic job improving our academic perception and building up Campus infrastructure and investing in it. If President Parlange does the same with athletics look out!

Hoping he has Stefan Soloviev and Ben Navarro over for tea next weekend! lol
I'm thinking Ryan and Fascitelli said URI needed to up it's own investment. Those two have given tens of millions in the last few years. URI has cheaped out on basketball forever.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

RIP “CUT BAIT” … it’s been one helluva ride !

LETS GO RHODY !
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Is it 8.5 or 9.5 M over 5 years??
theblueram
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 years ago Is it 8.5 or 9.5 M over 5 years??
I think the last was $9.5M. He has a $1M retention bonus.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
reef wrote: 2 years ago Is it 8.5 or 9.5 M over 5 years??
I think the last was $9.5M. He has a $1M retention bonus.
Well deserved for Archie I just have a feeling we will be dancing hopefully by 3 or 4 years
ramfansince58
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by ramfansince58 »

Xavier has suggested a home and home series with URI on their blog. Brother vs brother. They fired coach Steele one day after he won his first game in the NIT. Despite a winning record the fans on the blog were totally dissatisfied just like Rhody at KB.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

ramfansince58 wrote: 2 years ago Xavier has suggested a home and home series with URI on their blog. Brother vs brother. They fired coach Steele one day after he won his first game in the NIT. Despite a winning record the fans on the blog were totally dissatisfied just like Rhody at KB.
It makes sense in that we played each other at least once a year from 1995 through 2012. So there’s a history there. But that doesn’t seem to matter in this day and age.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

:shock:
ramfansince58 wrote: 2 years ago Xavier has suggested a home and home series with URI on their blog. Brother vs brother. They fired coach Steele one day after he won his first game in the NIT. Despite a winning record the fans on the blog were totally dissatisfied just like Rhody at KB.
And they had more of a right to be dissatisfied.

Xavier hasn’t been to the tourney in 4 years, and somehow also didn’t finish .500 in Big East play the last 4 years either.

That’s incredibly bad at a place like Xavier.
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ace wrote: 2 years ago Archie did a lot of great work with Field of 68 this past season, the media thing started by Rob Dauster. One of my favorite things is to listen to smart people talk basketball, and his game breakdowns were really good. I think some of those are still out there, definitely on Twitter, not sure where else.
Yup, his breakdown for the bracket was amazing. He and Sean are flat-out experts on the game of basketball. I love how they dissect teams.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
ace wrote: 2 years ago Archie did a lot of great work with Field of 68 this past season, the media thing started by Rob Dauster. One of my favorite things is to listen to smart people talk basketball, and his game breakdowns were really good. I think some of those are still out there, definitely on Twitter, not sure where else.
Yup, his breakdown for the bracket was amazing. He and Sean are flat-out experts on the game of basketball. I love how they dissect teams.
Every coach is brilliant when all they have to do is talk the game :)
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Give it time. There will be a game, probably in his second year, where they will lose when everyone thinks they should win. The phrase, “those Indiana fans were right!” will be uttered. Or, rumors will start about him taking a different job. People will complain, and it will again feel normal :)

This first season, though, will be the honeymoon of all honeymoons- a virtual love fest- and it will be a lot of fun.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

ace wrote: 2 years ago
Give it time. There will be a game, probably in his second year, where they will lose when everyone thinks they should win. The phrase, “those Indiana fans were right!” will be uttered. Or, rumors will start about him taking a different job. People will complain, and it will again feel normal :)

This first season, though, will be the honeymoon of all honeymoons- a virtual love fest- and it will be a lot of fun.
And when those morons show their faces, I will be on that wall.

You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you talk about parties; you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Some people just like to nitpick lol......

I think pretty soon, we'll have polls on the board about how soon we'll have success...as in NCAA tourney invites.

I'll start by saying maybe by his 2nd year, if not an NIT, and we go dancing by year 3, for sure.

About the same trajectory as his time at Dayton.

Like Blue Man just said, when Archie leaves at some point we should be in a far better position to keep attracting good coaches.
Year 1. I won't be crushed if it doesn't happen (maybe), but I 'expect' it. Not in a 'he needs to' kind of way, but a 'dude has name, connections and skills to get 'er done' kind of way...if that makes sense...
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you talk about parties; you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall!
Please, you have the on-line emotional stability of a toddler who has missed their nap. It’s likely to BE you once you come down from your high!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Ace this is really a huge step for URI. I think we took a loan from the Foundation to pay for Dan's last contract. I wish this happened for Dan, but I'm glad it finally happened.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I understand all of that, very well, but fan message boards can’t help but be ridiculous.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

That's why I love it. It's the greatest!
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

Please, you have the on-line emotional stability of a toddler who has missed their nap. It’s likely to BE you once you come down from your high!
1st part is true. 2nd part is false.

When the herd was harping on Danny I guarded the wall.

I was probably off the Cox train earlier, but it’s not like I was wrong.

I’ll be defending Archie to the death. Once I pick a cross to bear, I bear it.

I’m the CEO of this fine club, it’d be bad for business to be any other way!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I can not express how excited I am about this hire!!!!!!!!
The results are going to be quick and the program is going to go back to where it was at the end Hurley's era.
The players will come, the fans will come, and the exposure will come, THE STUDENTS WILL COME, THE RYAN CENTER WILL SELL OUT!!!!!
I FEEL IT IFEEL IT I FEEL THANK GOD THE RAMS ARE BACK. I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Been going through a lot the past few days.

This new reality for Rhody has made it a lot easier ❤
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago Been going through a lot the past few days.

This new reality for Rhody has made it a lot easier ❤
Hope things are OK Peter , good to know Arch hire makes the future bright
steviep123
Sly Williams

Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steviep123
Sly Williams

Also - not much new but from the Dayton beat writer:

For those that want the Dayton writer’s point of view
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Hey President Blueman and all KB crew! I was stoked when we hired coach Hurley. Was happy for coach Cox when he took over for Dan ( Coach Cox is a quality individual and excellent role model. Although the results were frustrating here, I wish him much success). And, I’m doubly stoked with the coach Miller hire and what it means for the program! You all supported Thorr with the good vibes to pull it all off and as a longtime Rhody fan and KB lurker, I thank you all! Go Rhody!