David Cox officially let go by URI (formerly, "Fire Cox")

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: FIRE COX

Unread post by reef »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

God your trolling is so good. When does PC play next?

You do understand that the amount of money the coach is paid has no bearing on his ability to do the job right? Like players don't look at their coaches contract and say - $750k/year? I'm not diving on the ball for that guy. Oh he's making $1.2? I'll put my body on the line now.

Your argument would have merit if it said "they should've increased the salary pool for assistants so a first-time HC can get better bench help" - but again, that would be new for you. An argument with merit, that is.

Thorr (spell it right, you've been trolling on here for years, you might as well figure that out), doesn't have money period. It's up to the donors and the URI Foundation. Tom Ryan happens to be the largest donor and in charge of the Foundation. If he wants the change, we'll make the change.

A lot of that may be if the new president wants to listen to Tom's suggestion of a replacement. The old president did not. And Tom Ryan hasn't contributed any meaningful CapEx dollars since then.

Also, can't you keep your trolling straight? You were rallying that DC wasn't going to get fired, he was going to leave here for another job because he would become so wildly successful and price himself out of the market.

I don't understand how you have the free time to keep coming on here - but hey, whatever floats your boat.
My favorite post from 72 is still "I know talent when I see it. I have experience hiring people" regarding us needing to extend Cox after we were like 5-6 last season.
This is definitely a top 5 Troll HOF post by our resident nutjob...but that #1 spot is almost impossible for him to outdo.
# 1 all time was when he criticized Jimmy Barons FT form !!
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

Bill Koch wrote: 2 years ago It's a fair point in a vacuum, DFF. And certainly, if it was a bigger program than Providence, you could make the case. I'd be listening if it was a previous national champion/clear top-20 job nationally.

But considering where Cooley is, the fit he is at that school and the standing in which he's held within the coaching community, firing him solely for a lack of NCAA success would make it next to impossible to make the subsequent hire. No agent could sanction a client moving to the Friars unless it was a massive overpay.

The business side has to be considered along with the on-court side.
Blue Man wrote: 2 years agoNailed it.

The other piece DFF, and this isn't something that's expected for you to know, but Ed Cooley is a local guy. He's from Providence.

He actually just sold his EG home and bought one closer to the water.
OK, but then the coach being a local guy is outweighing wins and losses/what is best for the program.

I think they can do better, they have a good arena, they probably have other good facilities, good fan support, likely good financial resources, good tradition, etc. You can't live in fear of the unknown, bring in somebody new. Everybody knows that Cooley likely has hit his ceiling there.

Just don't give the new guy a lifetime contract, if it doesn't work out with the new guy, bring in somebody else.

That is what Xavier did when they hired Thad Matta, they took a chance. They had fallen back some with Skip Prosser replacing Pete Gillen. Matta had one good year at Butler, that was his only claim to fame at the time. Matta worked out great, and that set them on about a 20 year path of continuing to get better and better: Matta then Miller then Mack and now Steele.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

daytonflyerfan wrote: 2 years ago
Bill Koch wrote: 2 years ago It's a fair point in a vacuum, DFF. And certainly, if it was a bigger program than Providence, you could make the case. I'd be listening if it was a previous national champion/clear top-20 job nationally.

But considering where Cooley is, the fit he is at that school and the standing in which he's held within the coaching community, firing him solely for a lack of NCAA success would make it next to impossible to make the subsequent hire. No agent could sanction a client moving to the Friars unless it was a massive overpay.

The other piece DFF, and this isn't something that's expected for you to know, but Ed Cooley is a local guy. He's from Providence.

OK, but then the coach being a local guy is outweighing wins and losses/what is best for the program.

I think they can do better, they have a good arena, they probably have other good facilities, good fan support, likely good financial resources, good tradition, etc. You can't live in fear of the unknown, bring in somebody new. Everybody knows that Cooley likely has hit his ceiling there.

Just don't give the new guy a lifetime contract, if it doesn't work out with the new guy, bring in somebody else.

That is what Xavier did when they hired Thad Matta, they took a chance. They had fallen back some with Skip Prosser replacing Pete Gillen. Matta had one good year at Butler, that was his only claim to fame at the time. Matta worked out great, and that set them on about a 20 year path of continuing to get better and better: Matta then Miller then Mack and now Steele.
Doubt it even happens even if they lose in the 1st round , it’s going to take a couple years of underperforming
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago I mean, do we really care if we have roster attrition at this point? A good coach will retain anyone worth keeping. And honestly that list gets smaller with each game we play.
Exactly, there’s hardly been any roster attrition. This is a completely derailed train car with no conductor
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Puck Frovidence wrote: 2 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago The best candidates for the job are all currently coaching. Unless you really want to see what Bozeman, Buchanan or Carroll can do in the seat, Cox is going to be in-charge. Again, it's not like if we fire Cox on Feb. 8, it magically means we have some head start on the process. Any agent that's remotely sane would advise his client to wait until after conference tournaments, at the very least, to get an idea of the full scope of available jobs.

It's this.

I'll also add - I don't really see any advantage to firing him now, except as catharsis. And really just catharsis for us. We get a little bit "in the bubble" on this board in terms of thinking non-KB people are pissed. I mean definitely some are. But go look on Twitter, or even Facebook. There's some shade for sure, but you're gonna find a whole lotta Rhody alums/natives doing a whole lotta not tweeting about URI basketball. People just stop giving a shit, and I don't think cutting Cox loose in February when we know it's all over in a month anyways is gonna make people start giving a shit again. And since, like Greenwell said, our next hire aint available before March anyways, what's the point?

TLDR: You don't need to make a "statement firing" if no one is listening.
Agreed. We all just want to feel something - but it won’t/can’t come during the year for a multitude of reasons.

That said. I want us to lose out so that the guys with pride and names attached to this program, more specifically guys with names on the buildings attached to this program, feel some shame in being associated with this team and want to ensure they never feel that way again.

A 14 game losing streak and back to back losing seasons after being nearly as high as we’ve ever been might make them want to aggressively spend money on a coach and the program improvements needed to keep us where Hurley brought us.

Would rather the spectacular flames that the college basketball world can see than a .500 record down the stretch that leaves any doubts.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This article explains some of the reasoning for Turgeon going in early December. Fans were booing, chanting F_ _ _ Turgeon.He basically took himself out.
Let's Turgeon look into his own options for his future
Let's fans change their tune and stop the negative chants and commentary towards a Head Coach they know they want gone
Clear, early decision and communication as to what the schools decision is. Everyone knows and not kept guessing for months what the school will ultimately decide.
Gives an assistant (in this case Danny Manning) an opportunity to save the ship and show what he can do (or not do) - even if he doesn't change the direction
Gives fans at least some hope
Gives an opportunity to see ihow much of the problem was the Head Coach, the players or both
Gives some players an opportunity to prove themselves that they might not have gotten under Turgeon
Tells the Coaching world early on that this job will definitely be available at seasons end as Maryland said that is when it will be permanently filled
Let's potential candidates know of the opening early so they can think about it with their families and think about the potential as opposed to knowing about the opening in mid March when all openings go forward in a mad rush.

Interesting that Maryland is also in plans to build a practice facility. Good news for a new Head Coach

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... ar-AARrAGq
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

We need new players too. Let them all walk if they choose. IDGAF.

A new coach will fill out the roster as he chooses.

Ive seen enough out of the current roster to know they’re also part of the problem.

It is what it is.

We’re in for a true rebuild. Got to tear it down to build it back up.
:lol:
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

I certainly appreciate the viewpoint of not firing him now and understand it doesn't happen often midseason. However, he's lost this team, we're in a freefall and I don't see any way he survives this at season's end. So if the writing is on the wall, and he's already lost the team, then why let this play out?! I'm just not on board with letting this continue if you've already made up your mind.

Hopefully this happens immediately following our last game... as in I want Thorr waiting behind the bench to tell him as the clock strikes 00:00.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago I certainly appreciate the viewpoint of not firing him now and understand it doesn't happen often midseason. However, he's lost this team, we're in a freefall and I don't see any way he survives this at season's end. So if the writing is on the wall, and he's already lost the team, then why let this play out?! I'm just not on board with letting this continue if you've already made up your mind.

Hopefully this happens immediately following our last game... as in I want Thorr waiting behind the bench to tell him as the clock strikes 00:00.
I'm with you. I rarely ever see anything written positive or remotely positive about the Coach or the team. Yet, seems some want to "do the right thing" and let the season play out. But at the same time people will continue to criticize.

Best to follow Elm City Rhody's advice. Move on in this environment. Give an Assistant Coach the opportunity.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Absolutely nothing against you seeing how you’re a Dayton fan not living in the northeast, but you couldn’t be more wrong with 100% of your Cooley and PC takes.
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Then would Fatts legacy be that he contributed to getting 2 different head coaches fired midseason? I kid
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Note to Keaney Blue admin:

Can we please remove references to Coach Cooley? It's totally irrelevant to the purpose of this thread. Thanks!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago I certainly appreciate the viewpoint of not firing him now and understand it doesn't happen often midseason. However, he's lost this team, we're in a freefall and I don't see any way he survives this at season's end. So if the writing is on the wall, and he's already lost the team, then why let this play out?! I'm just not on board with letting this continue if you've already made up your mind.

To say nothing of the fact that how he handled Thomas last night is the kind of thing that can stunt development. Granted a new coach is going to decide if and how the current roster fits into their plans, but that doesn't mean we should actively stunt player growth for a quarter of a season because we want to wait on firing the coach
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

This quote from Coach Clueless is both hilarious and sad:

“Those guys are competing,” Cox said. “We’re competing really hard. You can see with the free throws they want them to go in so bad.”

(12 for 29 last night)
Last edited by PeteRI 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Oy....
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Note to Keaney Blue admin:

Can we please remove references to Coach Cooley? It's totally irrelevant to the purpose of this thread. Thanks!
Great idea PeteRI.
And not just this thread. Seems to be in many threads. Treat it like Covid, Mask wearing and Politics - banned from discussion...or at least just have a PC/Cooley only thread. Title it Mental Hospital in Honor of Rhode_Island_Red.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Note to Keaney Blue admin:

Not to mention the thought of him and his shirttails flapping in the breeze makes me want to throw up.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago This quote from Coach Clueless is both hilarious and sad:

“Those guys are competing,” Cox said. “We’re competing really hard. You can see with the free throws they want them to go in so bad.”

(12 for 29 last night)
PLEASE tell me he did not say that last night??
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Do you think Bozeman, Carroll or Buchanan will somehow get the car out of the skid? Because those are your on-hand options. I think firing your head coach, even if you think he's coaching poorly, just makes a bad situation even more chaotic. It's one thing if he's lost control of the program - if players are flunking out, if they're complaining about abuse by the coach, if they're getting arrested or involved in off-campus incidents. However, I haven't heard any indication of that.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago

Do you think Bozeman, Carroll or Buchanan will somehow get the car out of the skid? Because those are your on-hand options. I think firing your head coach, even if you think he's coaching poorly, just makes a bad situation even more chaotic. It's one thing if he's lost control of the program - if players are flunking out, if they're complaining about abuse by the coach, if they're getting arrested or involved in off-campus incidents. However, I haven't heard any indication of that.
Just look at the post above. Calling him Coach Clueless. Posting things to make fun of him that he didn't even say. It's just piling on and bullying day after day.

In the workplace some advice that has stayed with me over the years is "This is no longer a David Cox issue". Everyone knows now he is struggling and will not make it to next season. So the responsibility now is with Thorr and the new President. That is the direction that the questions should go too as to what is next.

With the hire of Tammi, her info was put on Thorr's desk by Shane. Thorr called her to explore the possible job, he then set up a breakfast meeting in Syracuse to interview further, he did the due diligence to hire and hired her. Great. He knew very quickly she was the right person for the job..

Now take David. He was an Assistant under Dan Hurley. Promoted to Assistant Head Coach. Endorsed by Dan Hurley. Hired by Thorr. 4 Years now of Head Coaching at URI. Part of the responsibility for this situation is certainly with Dan Hurley, part with Thorr and part with President Dooley. It is now up to Thorr and the new President as to next steps (not with David Cox)

If we want to "do the right thing" as several here say is to keep David Cox on through the end of the A10 Tournament because it will make URI look better to the community and will be more fair - then fine. But if the continuous criticism of him, much of which seems mean spirited and ugly continues, then it's best to just release him. My guess is the decision has already been made, and if it hasn't after having observed David as assistant under Hurley and 4 years as Head Coach then we have bigger problems above the level of Mr Cox.
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

No, I have zero confidence in anyone on the bench to right the ship. I just don't believe it will become more chaotic, as you suggest. The freefall stops and players probably play more relaxed. Everyone is pressing right now and particularly Thomas can't be feeling confident after last night's punishment.

Remaining coaching staff can take a deep breath, reset, and finish off the season... with 0 expectations
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago This quote from Coach Clueless is both hilarious and sad:

(12 for 29 last night)

They’re competing to see if they can play worse than the previous game each time they hit the court.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Breaking news:

Players want their free throws to go in.

REALLY COACH?

He would help himself more if he would just shut up.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Another terrible Cox quote from last night:

“Our guys are playing hard,” URI coach David Cox said. “They’re trying to share it. They’re trying to play the right way. But there’s a certain pace we’ve got to play with. There’s also a certain understanding of the game you have to have at a certain point.”
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago

No, I have zero confidence in anyone on the bench to right the ship. I just don't believe it will become more chaotic, as you suggest. The freefall stops and players probably play more relaxed. Everyone is pressing right now and particularly Thomas can't be feeling confident after last night's punishment.

Remaining coaching staff can take a deep breath, reset, and finish off the season... with 0 expectations
Why would the freefall stop after the head coach - the guy who recruited them in most cases - is fired? It would be one thing if the situation here was a player-led revolt, like that AP article Ramster posted about the end of Tom Penders' run at Texas. But we don't have any indication that some weird roster mutiny is happening here. Change for the sake of change isn't a great plan either.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

agree.
The coaches don't have to stop the skid.
When it gets to this point where he can't seem to do anything right, even when he does, it's time to move. Sometimes in the workplace you simply know when to act. Posters are even saying we shouldn't be going to any games. It doesn't get much worse than that.
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Why would the freefall stop after the head coach - the guy who recruited them in most cases - is fired? It would be one thing if the situation here was a player-led revolt, like that AP article Ramster posted about the end of Tom Penders' run at Texas. But we don't have any indication that some weird roster mutiny is happening here. Change for the sake of change isn't a great plan either.
The freefall stops because you are pushing the reset button, with zero expectations for the remainder of the season.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

These quotes are nonsensical fluff.

Next presser he simply needs to say, “the players, the staff, and myself have given up”
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago These quotes are nonsensical fluff.

Next presser he simply needs to say, “the players, the staff, and myself have given up been let go”
FIFY
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

The freefall stops because you are pushing the reset button, with zero expectations for the remainder of the season.
Can you point to anytime this has worked well in college? Meaning, the current head coach is fired or resigns for performance reasons, and his replacement does equally well or better. The only times I can remember it happening with A-10 teams is Fordham, twice, and they sucked both years. This year, Maryland went 5-3 with Turgeon, and Danny Manning is now 6-9. You can argue that's because they went from OOC to Big Ten play, but it's not like Manning is some rube in over his head; he's an assistant with eight years of head coaching experience.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The end is in sight as it likely is just four weeks from today. The A-10 tournament play in games are on Wednesday March 9th in Washington DC.
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Can you point to anytime this has worked well in college? Meaning, the current head coach is fired or resigns for performance reasons, and his replacement does equally well or better. The only times I can remember it happening with A-10 teams is Fordham, twice, and they sucked both years. This year, Maryland went 5-3 with Turgeon, and Danny Manning is now 6-9. You can argue that's because they went from OOC to Big Ten play, but it's not like Manning is some rube in over his head; he's an assistant with eight years of head coaching experience.
As I said, I don't think Bozeman and the remaining coaching staff is going to turn this around and have a miracle rest of the season. They would probably still lose the majority of their remaining games. I just don't want a guy around anymore who hasn't figured it out, won't figure it out, will be fired at the end of the season anyway, and is continuing to cause more damage to the program with each and every day that he is here.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

As I said, I don't think Bozeman and the remaining coaching staff is going to turn this around and have a miracle rest of the season. They would probably still lose the majority of their remaining games. I just don't want a guy around anymore who hasn't figured it out, won't figure it out, will be fired at the end of the season anyway, and is continuing to cause more damage to the program with each and every day that he is here.
I kind of want him around if the alternatives are worse, which I'm pretty sure they are. I can't be certain of that, because they're unknown, but Bozeman's most recent performance as a head coach was worse than Cox's coaching. AFIAK, Carroll and Buchanan have no head coaching experience either. I realize you and a bunch of other people are frustrated about the situation, but making one bad decision (hiring Cox) doesn't mean you have to then make additional bad decisions in an attempt to clear out the first one.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I kind of want him around if the alternatives are worse, which I'm pretty sure they are. I can't be certain of that, because they're unknown, but Bozeman's most recent performance as a head coach was worse than Cox's coaching. AFIAK, Carroll and Buchanan have no head coaching experience either. I realize you and a bunch of other people are frustrated about the situation, but making one bad decision (hiring Cox) doesn't mean you have to then make additional bad decisions in an attempt to clear out the first one.
Nothing to lose really...shakeup would generate some buzz at least. Change the coach, drop the requirement and there will be 'real' thousands in those blue seats, instead of the fake counts we see now.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago The end is in sight as it likely is just four weeks from today. The A-10 tournament play in games are on Wednesday March 9th in Washington DC.
Keep the team in Kingston- Program could save some $ and put it towards Cox's buyout
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago

Nothing to lose really...shakeup would generate some buzz at least. Change the coach, drop the requirement and there will be 'real' thousands in those blue seats, instead of the fake counts we see now.
Yeah, I'm positive firing our coach will result in thousands more sold tickets. "Buzz" doesn't sell tickets, winning does. I don't think we have a move available right now that leads to winning - I'm more in the "mitigate damage" frame of mind now. Having Cox just finish out the year mitigates damage more in my mind than firing him and elevating Bozeman, Carroll or Buchanan.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago
RF1 wrote: 2 years ago The end is in sight as it likely is just four weeks from today. The A-10 tournament play in games are on Wednesday March 9th in Washington DC.
Keep the team in Kingston- Program could save some $ and put it towards Cox's buyout
I know why it will never happen (TV money, scheduling certainty) but I've always felt teams with losing conference records shouldn't be invited to their conference tournament. Would add some excitement and consequences to the dog days of the conference schedule. I will say that a conference like the A10 would be the perfect conference to start this though. As our amount of bids are decreasing, we need to do more to help the top teams strengthen their resumes and reducing games against poor NET teams in the conference tournament would be a solid place to start
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Win and the world wins with you, lose and you lose alone. Doesn't matter if the coach is John Wooden or Jerry Duh.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

(12 for 29 last night)
Direct lift from Bill Koch's ProJo article from today. I can't make this 💩 up.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago

(12 for 29 last night)
Direct lift from Bill Koch's ProJo article from today. I can't make this 💩 up.
…..if this quote is fact, checking the Pamphlet tomorrow, things are way way worse than we think…….maybe there was some contextual relevance, but if he just burped that up as an example of how had we competed…….yikes…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Another terrible Cox quote from last night:

“Our guys are playing hard,” URI coach David Cox said. “They’re trying to share it. They’re trying to play the right way. But there’s a certain pace we’ve got to play with. There’s also a certain understanding of the game you have to have at a certain point.”
If Cox said this it sounds like he's throwing his players under the bus regarding their basketball IQ.. hello coach it starts with you. You brought these guys in. Its on you. Maybe you should have recruited basketball players instead of street ballers..
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

The team's collective basketball IQ is so low.

these kids have been propped up and propped up and fed spoonful's of lies and BS from AAU, prep, and elite this and that coaches for the sake of the almighty dollar and then this is what you get.

The basketball and situational awareness is nonexistent. if these kids don't have it in their last couple pre URI years of basketball, they're not going to magically find it in Kingston.

#cleanhouse
Last edited by KeaneyBluBallz 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Maybe an interim coach could at least get the team to run back on defense.
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Absolutely nothing against you seeing how you’re a Dayton fan not living in the northeast, but you couldn’t be more wrong with 100% of your Cooley and PC takes.
Can you please go into more detail here? How am I wrong? If Cooley is so important, then why don't they do like Kansas did with Bill Self and literally give Cooley a lifetime contract?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Can you please go into more detail here? How am I wrong? If Cooley is so important, then why don't they do like Kansas did with Bill Self and literally give Cooley a lifetime contract?
They did.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

They have given him a lifetime contract, and currently are working on another for him.

PC stunk with Keno Davis (before Cooley) and went to 5 straight NCAAs, would’ve made it during the Covid year, and will have a Top 3 seed this year.

They’ve gotten blue chip recruits, a state of the art practice facility, national exposure, about to have a Top 10 rankings, and so on and so forth.
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

My God. Is it nearly time to pull the plug on this? I think we've all seen enough at this point.

Don't forget, we kept Cox to "keep the players" and so that we "wouldn't have to do a complete rebuild".

How did either of those two things work out? In hindsight? It would seem the reasons we hired Cox have completely dissolved leaving no reason to continue with it.
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
They did.
Ok, fair enough, looks like a 10 year deal thru around 2029, the deal is worth around $30 or $40 million.
That's a significant mistake IMO.

How much is the buyout if they want to fire him?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

jcru wrote: 2 years ago My God. Is it nearly time to pull the plug on this? I think we've all seen enough at this point.

Don't forget, we kept Cox to "keep the players" and so that we "wouldn't have to do a complete rebuild".

How did either of those two things work out? In hindsight? It would seem the reasons we hired Cox have completely dissolved leaving no reason to continue with it.
You need a new avatar
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I have one in mind that fits, but I want to keep it clean, it's a family site, after all.