Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago
Doesn't matter. You're still going to have to wear a mask at the Ry next season.
1. No.
2. Even if yes, then is that the worst thing in the world you can think of to whine and complain about?

How many times a day do you change your diaper and clean your pacifier? If you have any friends, then they must love having you around to whine and complain.

So Called Friend: Love it here at the beach. 80 degrees and sunny.
NYG Fan: Yeah, but I see clouds in the distance. It'll probably be only 70 in the shade. And next week, it might rain one day.
So Called Friend: Hey, you dropped your box of diapers.
1. You're wrong. Masks will be required.
2. Yes. I am extremely blessed. Masks, moreso the absolutely foolish inconsistency on requirements, is absolutely my biggest complaint right now. I know, everyone should be so lucky.

Is the reason you like to jump on my posts about it because you are embarrassed about what's happening and feel like you have to defend it, but can't really? (You seem to be spending more time complaining about me than addressing my points/questions) How can you possibly take the current sitch/requirements seriously? Covid at the gas station, but not at the post office next door?
How do you justify that? Science? And then you want to moan about people that point out that the science has no clothes?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

9234E51A-428F-4B6B-A954-C02DECABD90B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago 9234E51A-428F-4B6B-A954-C02DECABD90B.jpeg
I thought nobody cares about PC and UConn/Hurley on this board??

There’s a ton of daily posts pertaining to those two programs people here supposedly don’t care about.
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

supreme court blocks mandate
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

There’s a ton of daily posts pertaining to those two programs people here supposedly don’t care about.
What are you talking about Rhody15?

This is a Rhode Island. Discussion is about Covid in Rhode Island primarily and extends across the US and Globally.
So the postponing of the PC-URI because of Covid impacting schools in Providence and Storrs Connecticut is relevant. It’s news.
So would the postponing of Brown, Bryant, URI and other nearby schools.

Please, please stop harassing me. I’ve asked you before and I’m asking again.
Leave me alone.
Feels like your years long hatred for Jermaine Harris is now targeted to me. Fuck off.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

You have people who stomp and kick and want things to be 100% like they were two years ago. That’s not going to happen
You have people who want to lockdown everybody at home until this whole thing is gone. That’s also not going to happen.
The actual result will be somewhere in the middle. Where in the middle? No one knows yet. This thing changes so fast, even the experts (and so called experts) don’t have a clue.
I’m high risk, my immune system is a mess among several other comorbidities. If I see you without a mask, I will make assumptions that so far have kept me on this side of the grass and will avoid you. What I don’t understand is people here making fun of people like me for doing that.
BTW got my second booster today! Go me.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago You have people who stomp and kick and want things to be 100% like they were two years ago. That’s not going to happen
You have people who want to lockdown everybody at home until this whole thing is gone. That’s also not going to happen.
The actual result will be somewhere in the middle. Where in the middle? No one knows yet. This thing changes so fast, even the experts (and so called experts) don’t have a clue.
I’m high risk, my immune system is a mess among several other comorbidities. If I see you without a mask, I will make assumptions that so far have kept me on this side of the grass and will avoid you. What I don’t understand is people here making fun of people like me for doing that.
I don't give a ratsy if you wear a mask or not. And I (probably) wouldn't make fun of you for doing so. Just don't make me, that's all.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago supreme court blocks mandate
Omigosh...some reasonability...

"Although COVID-19 is a risk that occurs in many workplaces, it is not an occupational hazard in most," the Court ruled. "COVID–19 can and does spread at home, in schools, during sporting events, and everywhere else that people gather. That kind of universal risk is no different from the day-to-day dangers that all face from crime, air pollution, or any number of communicable diseases."
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

"Although COVID-19 is a risk that occurs in many workplaces, it is not an occupational hazard in most," the Court ruled. "COVID–19 can and does spread at home, in schools, during sporting events, and everywhere else that people gather. That kind of universal risk is no different from the day-to-day dangers that all face from crime, air pollution, or any number of communicable diseases."
This is for companies with employees 100+
Represents about 80 million people in US

Mandate is still in effect for Hospitals and Nursing homes that get money from Medicaid and Medicare
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago You have people who stomp and kick and want things to be 100% like they were two years ago. That’s not going to happen
I'm thinking the middle is you do what you want to do, and I'll do what I want to do. Like it was 2 years ago.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Mandate is still in effect for Hospitals and Nursing homes that get money from Medicaid and Medicare
Still...a baby step towards a return to common sense. Do you think smaller companies are going to try to enforce? (No)
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Still...a baby step towards a return to common sense.
Companies can still mandate it, and most big companies have. This ruling just says the government can’t tell them to which was the correct ruling.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago

Companies can still mandate it, and most big companies have. This ruling just says the government can’t tell them to which was the correct ruling.
Can companies mandate employees get tested for STD's? I don't want to work next to someone with VD.
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Can companies mandate employees get tested for STD's? I don't want to work next to someone with VD.

If your job is male prostitute, then yea, they can.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Sue 'em! Sue everybody!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

If your job is male prostitute, then yea, they can.
How does a company know if an employee is a prostitute? Shouldn't they just test everyone?
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Did you miss the word JOB there
theblueram
Frank Keaney

CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago Did you miss the word JOB there
You think every prostitute doesn't have a job? I worked with accountants who were strippers.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

This is a Rhode Island. Discussion is about Covid in Rhode Island primarily and extends across the US and Globally.
So the postponing of the PC-URI because of Covid impacting schools in Providence and Storrs Connecticut is relevant. It’s news.

Leave me alone.
Feels like your years long hatred for Jermaine Harris is now targeted to me. Fuck off.

Just stating that numerous people here continue to say nobody cares about both those programs, yet there’s always posts about them.

No idea when people continue to believe those programs are irrelevant to us.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Leave me alone.

Just stating that numerous people here continue to say nobody cares about both those programs, yet there’s always posts about them.

No idea when people continue to believe those programs are irrelevant to us.
Folks are interested in UConn and PC and if it's covid related, which this is, it's not only relevant, but local. If you have an issue with it, see if you can become a mod, block the poster, or report it if you have such thin skin that it offends you.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Don't know if this was posted, if so I apologize.

NCAA recognizes natural immunity:

The NCAA has announced it’s winter 2022 sports COVID-19 guidelines and has determined that athletes who had COVID-19 in the past 90 days are now considered ‘fully vaccinated’.

The NCAA released the following guidance:

The NCAA has released updated guidance for winter sports competing during the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2022 Winter Training and Competition document follows recent updates by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including recommendations for quarantine and isolation. The updated guidance addresses broad considerations that differentiate COVID-19 management in Tier 1 individuals based on vaccination and other immunity considerations.

https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2022/0 ... accinated/
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Don't know if this was posted, if so I apologize.

NCAA recognizes natural immunity:

The NCAA has announced it’s winter 2022 sports COVID-19 guidelines and has determined that athletes who had COVID-19 in the past 90 days are now considered ‘fully vaccinated’.

The NCAA released the following guidance:

The NCAA has released updated guidance for winter sports competing during the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2022 Winter Training and Competition document follows recent updates by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including recommendations for quarantine and isolation. The updated guidance addresses broad considerations that differentiate COVID-19 management in Tier 1 individuals based on vaccination and other immunity considerations.

https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2022/0 ... accinated/
Not too long ago, people were being shat upon for suggesting such a thing... despite the fact that it makes perfect sense. It's okay to run with it now though because it's starting to cost too much not to...
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

and there it is

What I have been saying all along

Have fun juicing every 5 months and see what that does to your body

Me. No thank you

Go lick some door knobs

It will actually help you defeat this China virus

Does anyone other than orange man have the balls to hold China accountable for killing millions ??!
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

The Giant and Elm City echo chamber. How may of the exact same posts now? Just keep it going. No one else matters. Me, me, me. If necessary, I’ll try to die quietly and leave you alone. Hope if you are in the same situation you will too. Don’t bother to respond. Been here since the AOL days. I’m done.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Promises promises. Seriously though, I don't want you to die. Never did. But, you can protect yourself no matter what I do...don't get why you are so hellbent on telling others what they should do....

In all seriousness, normal will return when it costs the right people enough $$$ not to. You can see that in spots now. Exhibit A...bowl games had all kindsa covid problems. But for the national championship...wasn't an issue... Like a miracle or something!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Everyone needs to lighten up already !

Go out and live your lives !

Have fun !
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

All this doom and gloom my goodness

Go out - socialize - don’t run scared

Party it up and be so worried

Covid isn’t going anywhere

Learn to live with it

Don’t worry be happy !
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago All this doom and gloom my goodness

Learn to live with it

Don’t worry be happy !
Some of us are a-tryin', but there's a lot of opposition.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Billy the Kid is one of my favorite Billy songs.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

On that note we found agreement

Have a good night
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I'm not hiding. I went to the game last night. I went to the PPAC a while back. I'm going to my favorite italian restaurant in Johnston tomorrow night. Have concert tickets for some shows coming up. I haven't changed anything. I just wear a mask. Not a big deal.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago The Giant and Elm City echo chamber. How may of the exact same posts now? Just keep it going. No one else matters. Me, me, me. If necessary, I’ll try to die quietly and leave you alone. Hope if you are in the same situation you will too. Don’t bother to respond. Been here since the AOL days. I’m done.
Please stay Captain Ron
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Learn to live with it

Don’t worry be happy !
I was all over the state today. Probably drove 120miles total today. Nowhere do I see anyone still letting this virus cause doom and gloom on their daily activities. Time to get a grip on the actual reality outside your door and NOT what the news is telling you. Yes; hospitals are short staffed, etc. etc. but this was all happening WAY before Covid was a thing.

No one in the Biden Administration will ever stand up to Xi and the Wuhan Lab (follow the money to Dr. Fraud and Bill Gates). Get people more fearful = profiteer of Covid. They realized where their money streams were beyond the vaccine.

80-90% of RI’s population essentially lives east of Route 95(and 295). Of course you’re going to see high numbers of transmission. It’s inevitable. Time to MOVE ON.

Relying on the government for your problems isn’t very American.
Last edited by Taylor Swift 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago The Giant and Elm City echo chamber. How may of the exact same posts now? Just keep it going. No one else matters. Me, me, me. If necessary, I’ll try to die quietly and leave you alone. Hope if you are in the same situation you will too. Don’t bother to respond. Been here since the AOL days. I’m done.
Please stay Captain Ron
This isn’t an airport you don’t need to announce your departure.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

You think every prostitute doesn't have a job? I worked with accountants who were strippers.
This post is worthless without pictures
:lol:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago

Learn to live with it

Don’t worry be happy !
Relying on the government for your problems isn’t very American.
But many in govt are sure as spit trying to make it that way...and there be a lot o' takers....
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Please stay Captain Ron
I don't know if you're married. But if you are, I feel bad for your husband.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

Please stay Captain Ron
Rude.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rude.
I'm only rude to rude people.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rude.
Eye for an eye. Got it :roll:
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago ……Dr Scott heading for the exits?……
Yes. She put in her resignation. Leaving in 2 weeks.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

What's a Dr Scott?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

What's a Dr Scott?
PROVIDENCE — Dr. Nicole Alexander-Scott, director of the Rhode Island Department of Health and the face of the state's response to the two-year-old coronavirus pandemic, has resigned with little explanation as the state struggles with near-record-high caseloads and overburdened hospitals.

https://amp.providencejournal.com/amp/6510199001
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Please stay Captain Ron

What does someone being married have to do with anything?

My private life is my private life and let me tell ya something I’ve had zero complaints on keeping a man satisfied.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago
This post is worthless without pictures

There’s strippers out there with JD’s. Can’t knock the hustle.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rude.
Eye for an eye. Got it :roll:

“I’m only rude to rude people”

“If you’re married I feel bad for your husband”?? Lmfao! Yeah I’m pretty sure an attractive and successful woman with great people in her life is a massive turnoff 😂👌🏼
Last edited by Taylor Swift 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

What's a Dr Scott?
PROVIDENCE — Dr. Nicole Alexander-Scott, director of the Rhode Island Department of Health and the face of the state's response to the two-year-old coronavirus pandemic, has resigned with little explanation as the state struggles with near-record-high caseloads and overburdened hospitals.

https://amp.providencejournal.com/amp/6510199001
Raimondo probably got her a golden parachute 🪂
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

I just hope everyone is enjoying the “winter of death” wished upon the unvaccinated by the great unifier in the White House and all of the good people who really care about others.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

They don't really care about "others", they only care about others falling in line and under control. If this thing ever truly goes away (doubtful), and there's even less reason to justify the stupid measures currently randomly in place (at the gas station and Stop n Shop, but not at the post office or Job Lot)...there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

“I think it’s hard to process what’s actually happening right now, which is most people are going to get COVID.”
— Janet Woodcock, acting commissioner, Food and Drug Administration

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/exper ... eid=yhoof2