Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Re: Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Delta CEO sent a letter to Dr Walensky requesting a reduction of 10 days to 5 days. CDC then granted the reduction. Delta did the research and made the request based on Omicron info.

Very little in studies or research revaluation comes out of our CDC. Walensky and Fauci say they base on science over and over again but I don’t see the science.

I see more studies coming out of Israel, South Africa and other countries but US seems dormant.

Dr Fauci - 81 years old
Nancy Pelosi - 81
Joe Biden - 79
Mitch McConnell - 79

Is it any wonder?

https://www.newsweek.com/delta-ceo-lett ... 3887?amp=1
Damn I didn't realize Fauci was 81 👀 He still looks like a young coronavirus!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago Delta CEO sent a letter to Dr Walensky requesting a reduction of 10 days to 5 days. CDC then granted the reduction. Delta did the research and made the request based on Omicron info.

Very little in studies or research revaluation comes out of our CDC. Walensky and Fauci say they base on science over and over again but I don’t see the science.

I see more studies coming out of Israel, South Africa and other countries but US seems dormant.

Dr Fauci - 81 years old
Nancy Pelosi - 81
Joe Biden - 79
Mitch McConnell - 79

Is it any wonder?

https://www.newsweek.com/delta-ceo-lett ... 3887?amp=1
Damn I didn't realize Fauci was 81 👀 He still looks like a young coronavirus!
December 24, 1940
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

So since the mask mandate, RI has had record high cases, highest rate in the country.

People still think the mask mandate is necessary and needed?
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago So since the mask mandate, RI has had record high cases, highest rate in the country.

Yes, because if not for people wearing paper masks (where you get a hundred for five bucks) at Stop n Shop, the record would be even MORE record-er (record-ier? Recordy?)

What I like is when a biz has a sign that says "per the gubner's orders - masks must be worn"....when it's the biz owner's call. Good stuff.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago So since the mask mandate, RI has had record high cases, highest rate in the country.

Yes, because if not for people wearing paper masks (where you get a hundred for five bucks) at Stop n Shop, the record would be even MORE record-er (record-ier? Recordy?)

What I like is when a biz has a sign that says "per the gubner's orders - masks must be worn"....when it's the biz owner's call. Good stuff.
Many studies and “experts” now saying the N95 and Hospital masks are effective against omicron but all others masks are ineffective.

Not hearing this from CDC.

This being the “Pandemic of the Unvaccinated” as Biden and others like to say is quickly being disproven.

I know people twice vaccinated and boosted getting Covid now - a lot of them and getting more and more stories daily. People who never had Covid. I’m hearing about young professionals getting Covid when they already had it months ago, one just got Covid twice last month and 2x vax and boosted.

The masks are a problem now. They make you feel secure going into a store, or restaurant, or basketball game….anywhere. You have yours on, others have their masks on and all is well, right? Wrong. And the powers that be seem hesitant to tell the current story about mask ineffectiveness for people who don’t wear N95’s (the majority of us).

Best to lay low til this thing blows over or as some young people I’ve heard say “I hope I get Omicron so I’ll have the immunity that goes with it” - even though been vaxed.

I guess. Till the next mutated wave hits.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The New Covid Cases are vastly understated now because so many people are getting covid but they can't schedule a test and have trouble even getting hold of the 15 minute tests - so basically giving up and getting through it. It's possible that some have the Flu but think it's Covid too.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago The New Covid Cases are vastly understated now because so many people are getting covid but they can't schedule a test and have trouble even getting hold of the 15 minute tests - so basically giving up and getting through it. It's possible that some have the Flu but think it's Covid too.
Maybe the best thing about covid...hardly anyone ever gets a cold or the flu anymore.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago CT had 8800 new cases yesterday....0 new deaths.

Phew

I had the sniffles today - it was a tough go but thankfully I pulled thru
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago CT had 8800 new cases yesterday....0 new deaths.

Phew

I had the sniffles today - it was a tough go but thankfully I pulled thru
Now you have sniffle antibodies, sweet!!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Good thing for my sniffle antibodies because when those who don the mask finally take
It off in a few years they won’t have the sniffle antibodies so when they get the sniffles they won’t be passing it on to me

However, they will be passing it onto those others who donned the mask and those masked will then alas be forced to mask again
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago Good thing for my sniffle antibodies because when those who don the mask finally take
It off in a few years they won’t have the sniffle antibodies so when they get the sniffles they won’t be passing it on to me

However, they will be passing it onto those others who donned the mask and those masked everyone will then alas be forced to mask again
Fify
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago Good thing for my sniffle antibodies because when those who don the mask finally take

However, they will be passing it onto those others who donned the mask and those masked everyone will then alas be forced to mask again
Fify
…….Fify……or was it Fiffy……..wonder whatever happened to him……I recall he had one great game the faded off into…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not good news for Rhode Island new Covid policy

https://www.yahoo.com/news/outbreak-rep ... 24834.html
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Not good news for Rhode Island new Covid policy

Can't use "good news", "covid", or "policy" in the same sentence.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Honestly, What exactly would you like to see change?

A legit lockdown like we had in 2020?
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Did you even read the article? Reading comprehension?
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Checking in

Is everyone ok during this “WINTER OF DEATH”

Take the skirts off

Stop testing

Play basketball and give us back AMERICA

I heard cases of the flu are up

Better order more masks
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

I see the trend now is whenever one person says something about me, everyone else then jumps on that.

First I’m a PC fan, now I can’t read.

Too funny. And also extremely lazy.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I see the trend now is whenever one person says something about me, everyone else then jumps on that.

Still sounds like you didn’t read the article talking about lazy.

So as you asked what would I change?

Pretty simple

I wouldn’t allow people with Covid to work in the hospital or in nursing homes - even if staff was needed I’d find other ways to staff.

Only Rhode Island has implemented this new policy and it has gotten lots of attention nationwide and not positive attention.

Bringing in workers who have Covid, even if they are asymptomatic, is a terrible idea. They are contagious and can spread Covid to the most vulnerable in hospitals and nursing homes resulting in deaths.

Bad idea. Stop the practice immediately is what I would do. Of course I never would have started it in the first place.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Pretty simple

I wouldn’t allow people with Covid to work in the hospital or in nursing homes - even if staff was needed I’d find other ways to staff.

Only Rhode Island has implemented this new policy and it has gotten lots of attention nationwide and not positive attention.

Bringing in workers who have Covid, even if they are asymptomatic, is a terrible idea. They are contagious and can spread Covid to the most vulnerable in hospitals and nursing homes resulting in deaths.

Bad idea. Stop the practice immediately is what I would do. Of course I never would have started it in the first place.
But to carry the science further...get those + asymptomatic folks out there on the court/playing field asap?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Pretty simple

But to carry the science further...get those + asymptomatic folks out there on the court/playing field asap?
Yep
Cancel games with 20 year old kids but being in Covid infected workers to Hospitals and Nursing Homes where residents are 60 to 100 years old. Only in Rhode Island.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Everyone holding up ok as another day of the
WINTER OF DEATH continues…

The sooner everyone starts living and stop listening to FRAUDCI the better
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Hearing that most everyone agrees the Omicron surge will be over by the end of the month, especially along the east coast where it hit first.

So everyone can come out of their bunkers soon! Ha ha.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Pretty simple

Yep
Cancel games with 20 year old kids but being in Covid infected workers to Hospitals and Nursing Homes where residents are 60 to 100 years old. Only in Rhode Island.

Canceling games is ridiculous from here on out.

Slater Zambarano is literally where the last-resort/I have nowhere else to go people who need medical care in this state go. It's absolutely horrifying to think of the aspect of a loved one, let alone SOMEONE being there. It's the only state-run hospital and isn't necessarily remotely close to South County Hospital or any of the ilk. Also, this is where those who've committed crimes but are intellectually/incompetent to stand trail end up. Thank your lucky stars for never having to end up in such a place.

This COVID is literally wreaking havoc on every human on this planet, and it's what, a 97-99% survivable? Of course, it's sad and tragic people die, but the overall effect of what this is doing to people -- clear on this board also, is simply something I want us all to get out of and overcome, and clearly having 9 boosters or whatever Fauci says next isn't going to fix it.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Well said and of course my heart pours out to all who have died / I go to church every week and do indeed pray

Why no one has the backbone to hold China accountable is beyond belief other than to say that they all have no backbone whatsoever
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Pretty simple

Yep
You forgot to mention they fired all the non vaxxed people who could work and are not covid positive. But now they allow vaxxed covid positive back into hospitals. We have bozo the clowns as elected people for sure.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago Well said and of course my heart pours out to all who have died / I go to church every week and do indeed pray

Why no one has the backbone to hold China accountable is beyond belief other than to say that they all have no backbone whatsoever
That's the utmost problem of the whole travesty. Fauci even admitted to it, yet the media still remained silent on it all. No mention of the Wuhan Lab and his involvement with it. Gates is also heavily involved with the Wuhan University per my research, another thing the media has been silent on. This information is all out there for you to read, it's not a theory.

Of course, smallpox vaccine, polio, etc.. but really, demanding everyone get a Covid vaccine? This isn't an apples-to-apples comparison of vaccinations.

God forbid if anyone lost a child, but would you really want Bill Gates mining tissue from your child? https://www.gatesfoundation.org/our-wor ... rveillance

He's got zero background in any of this, simply has a ton of money to funnel into something. Also, "surveillance", please see what this jackwagon is doing. He's not here to help you. The friggin idiot created viruses for your computers. He simply rebranded himself after the antitrust suits in the 90s. Complete farce. Anyone believing this guy, by all means, have at it. He's definitely on Maxwell's list FWIW. Do independent research off of MSM and you can easily connect all the dots of all these people and their involvement to not only this but even worse, human trafficking.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago Well said and of course my heart pours out to all who have died / I go to church every week and do indeed pray

That's the utmost problem of the whole travesty. Fauci even admitted to it, yet the media still remained silent on it all. No mention of the Wuhan Lab and his involvement with it. Gates is also heavily involved with the Wuhan University per my research, another thing the media has been silent on. This information is all out there for you to read, it's not a theory.

Of course, smallpox vaccine, polio, etc.. but really, demanding everyone get a Covid vaccine? This isn't an apples-to-apples comparison of vaccinations.

God forbid if anyone lost a child, but would you really want Bill Gates mining tissue from your child? https://www.gatesfoundation.org/our-wor ... rveillance

He's got zero background in any of this, simply has a ton of money to funnel into something. Also, "surveillance", please see what this jackwagon is doing. He's not here to help you. The friggin idiot created viruses for your computers. He simply rebranded himself after the antitrust suits in the 90s. Complete farce. Anyone believing this guy, by all means, have at it. He's definitely on Maxwell's list FWIW. Do independent research off of MSM and you can easily connect all the dots of all these people and their involvement to not only this but even worse, human trafficking.
It's not just him TS. Zuckerberg who started a site at Harvard to soft porn girls, now owns FB. Common thread? Harvard.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

Yep
You forgot to mention they fired all the non vaxxed people who could work and are not covid positive. But now they allow vaxxed covid positive back into hospitals. We have bozo the clowns as elected people for sure.
Yes, I did not mention that but for sure they did this. On top of that, many of the Medical Staff that they fired for not getting vaccinated already had Covid and have natural immunity!! They worked in the field back when most of us went into lockdown in Year 1. And now we fire them.

You can't make this up. Imagine the poor people in the hospital and in nursing homes who are going to get infected and possibly die? I don't even know how this is legal.

And this from a State Government that allowed no proof of vaccination and no masks in the Dunkin Donuts Center until recently?

Can't make this stuff up.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago

It's not just him TS. Zuckerberg who started a site at Harvard to soft porn girls, now owns FB. Common thread? Harvard.
Not only Harvard but both Harvard dropouts. Both of them already had clear paths already drawn out for them.

I was a sophomore (I think?) when Facebook first came out. URI was in one of the first waves that were introduced after it spread from Harvard and a few other schools. A friend of mine had actually told me what "The Facebook" was all about and I thought it sounded like complete BS since at the time all I needed was AIM and my away message, but I made a profile. Lo and behold here we are all these years later. :|
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Local craziness: 4 stores, all within probably a 500 yard radius...
Richmond Farmers Market: mask required
Job Lot:. No mask required
Richmond Stop n Shop: mask required
Richmond Package Store: no mask required

Science.....

Eta....lookin' @ you Wolf Rock
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

AOC has covid
Partied big time in Florida without a mask last week
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago AOC has covid
Partied big time in Florida without a mask last week
She'll be fine, and still want everyone else to wear a mask everywhere. Seems she was there a while ago....coulda probly caught it anywhere. It will not change her outlook or attitude about anything. She'll next tell us that it was because of the monoclonal antibodies that want to date her.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

double vaxxed and boosted

Yeah I trust FRAUDCI…. NOT !
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

California becomes the 2nd state after Rhode Island to have Covid infected medical people work

rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 years ago Djokovic has had his visa denied by Australia.
nevermind...
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

CDC director just said in an interview that over 75% of Covid deaths were people with “at least four comorbidities” and were “unwell to begin with”

That's an incredible statistic and means the vast majority of people died with Covid and not because of Covid.

Hard to disagree with the lockdowns, use of masks, etc. early on. Also hard to argue with the need for vaccines.

But now we know a whole lot more two years into it and this government/institutional overreach needs to end now
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago CDC director just said in an interview that over 75% of Covid deaths were people with “at least four comorbidities” and were “unwell to begin with”

That's an incredible statistic and means the vast majority of people died with Covid and not because of Covid.

Hard to disagree with the lockdowns, use of masks, etc. early on. Also hard to argue with the need for vaccines.

But now we know a whole lot more two years into it and this government/institutional overreach needs to end now
Eh, I’d still say the majority died because of Covid.

Obviously we’ll never know, but I’d bet most of those people would not have died if they didn’t contract covid.

Like, if someone had diabetes and was obese, got Covid and died two weeks later, they probably would not have died in that time frame had they not gotten Covid.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That question to Dr Walensky came on Sunday (yesterday morning) from Bret Baier.
She did not have an answer but said she would get the data. Surprised she got it so quickly.

I’d also like to see the data by age groups.

Some countries have really stressed weight control. The US seems reluctant to stress weight as a danger to Covid.

Some have said a lot of the deaths to young people were with overweight kids. Covid is brutal to overweight people.

Good that the statistics are finally coming out - the science.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Don’t make the cure worse than the virus

What genius said that … hmmmmm

Turn the page

Move on already
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago Don’t make the cure worse than the virus
That ship left the barn a long time ago
Eta....a loooong time ago
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago CDC director just said in an interview that over 75% of Covid deaths were people with “at least four comorbidities” and were “unwell to begin with”

Obviously we’ll never know, but I’d bet most of those people would not have died if they didn’t contract covid.

Like, if someone had diabetes and was obese, got Covid and died two weeks later, they probably would not have died in that time frame had they not gotten Covid.
So then maybe mandate those at risk people to stay locked down for their protection?

Maybe mandate they lose weight or require a healthy BMI to get into sporting events?
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

So then maybe mandate those at risk people to stay locked down for their protection?

Maybe mandate they lose weight or require a healthy BMI to get into sporting events?

Straight from Walensky on Good Morning America and stated on Sunday as well.

The overwhelming number of deaths, over 75%, occurred in people who had at least four comorbidities. So really these are people who were unwell to begin with.'

Next questions are what percent had 3 comorbidities, 2 comorbidities, 1 comorbidity and zero comorbidity. And then break down by type and by age.

Wonder why statistics like these have not been public til now.

As 208 has been saying “Buy Pharma”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... s.amp.html
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Because that would spawn a new term..."healthism." As in, "that guy is such a healthist, he thinks unhealthy people should avoid situations that may be hazardous to their health."

Very non-inclusive...so, no chance. Better to go with blanket rules of stupidity instead. For Diversity's sake. Make it suck for all.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Because that would spawn a new term..."healthism." As in, "that guy is such a healthist, he thinks unhealthy people should avoid situations that may be hazardous to their health."

Very non-inclusive...so, no chance. Better to go with blanket rules of stupidity instead. For Diversity's sake. Make it suck for all.
And keep giving out checks and keep kids home from school.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Ah, yes..."the checks"... Those checks have had (and are still having) as negative of an effect on our economy as anything in recent memory.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ah, yes..."the checks"... Those checks have had (and are still having) as negative of an effect on our economy as anything in recent memory.
And now they are talking about sending more checks out
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

And now they are talking about sending more checks out
And then wonder why rejoice in the fact that we can't get anyone to go to work. Brilliant.
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.