2021-22 Schedule (top post is current)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Re: 2021-22 Schedule (top post is current)

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

What happens if you lost your vax card?
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago ……..hey 15, I am all in……..was set for the season ticket thing last nite, but that got pulled…….looking for some Kearney Blue color masks……..got my vax card ready…….too bad no beers in the seats cause that way I could no mask…….just win, against whoever we play……..think it is gonna be decent season……not sure how to measure that…….10-8 conference and NIT home game……..go Rhody…….
https://ramszone.uri.edu/MerchList?ID=37052&CatID=5098
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody Guy wrote: 2 years ago What happens if you lost your vax card?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsna ... -card/amp/
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Man, less than 2 months until the season and only 1-2 threads posted in daily it seems.

Obviously, a lot more important things in the world have been going on that have peaked people’s interests. But still, I would’ve thought there’s be more activity this close to the season.

So little interest in this program just a few years after back to back tourney appearances.

Let’s hope we get back to that soon enough!
There are many reasons for this:

-the team has fallen off dramatically since Hurley left for a variety of reasons.
-URI recruiting used to be one of the most exciting things to follow like the year we were after Walker who went to Miami. All the recruits left and now everyone transfers which has made the sport much less enjoyable.
-the coaching has been suspect and lost the trust and interest of many people.
-The schedule-Cox has done a very good job with this until this season. The league isn’t great and not exciting opponents.
-CoVID-I for one have no interest in wearing a mask and bring my vaccination card. I have my shots and think everyone should get them, but not worth it to be watching these games with masks. Play to an empty gym.
-overall it is the talent and the perception of this team which is middle of pack A-10 and outside NIT team. For me the NIT is on par with going 10-20. Make the tourney or I just have no interest.

I used to look forward to the season so much. It just feels like an afterthought now which you can blame on the college sport’s changes, covid and the current state of the team
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Man, less than 2 months until the season and only 1-2 threads posted in daily it seems.

Obviously, a lot more important things in the world have been going on that have peaked people’s interests. But still, I would’ve thought there’s be more activity this close to the season.

So little interest in this program just a few years after back to back tourney appearances.

-the team has fallen off dramatically since Hurley left for a variety of reasons.
-URI recruiting used to be one of the most exciting things to follow like the year we were after Walker who went to Miami. All the recruits left and now everyone transfers which has made the sport much less enjoyable.
-The schedule-Cox has done a very good job with this until this season. The league isn’t great and not exciting opponents.
-CoVID-I for one have no interest in wearing a mask and bring my vaccination card. I have my shots and think everyone should get them, but not worth it to be watching these games with masks. Play to an empty gym.
-overall it is the talent and the perception of this team which is middle of pack A-10 and outside NIT team. For me the NIT is on par with going 10-20. Make the tourney or I just have no interest.

I used to look forward to the season so much. It just feels like an afterthought now which you can blame on the college sport’s changes, covid and the current state of the team
I think some of these points are valid and some not so much. There will always be more excitement (and posts) going into a season when the team is supposed to be very good and considered a potential tourney team. That's true for any school and any fan base. We are basically in a dead period for college hoops right now. We haven't even had Midnight Madness yet. What should we be talking about? As far as I am concerned, there has been a lot of hot air thrown around on this board for most of the off season. Should we post things just to post things? The fans are interested and know the deal with the team and the program going into this season. Once the ball is tipped in November, we can get back to meaningful talk about the team. How about a little bit of positivity? Congrats to Jeff Dowtin and Go Rhody!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

People are just waiting. They are giving Cox this year. There are no expectations. It's either deliver or not.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….any rumors/facts on any super secret scrimmages?………
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Unread post by NC_Ram »

Good post!

For me personally, this endless transfer situation has damaged MCBB. I don't live near RI but I travel to at least 3 road games per year (have for many many years). I've cancelled all trips this year due to this endless turnover. I want to follow my college team not a revolving door of players.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

NC - I agree with your take generally but we are bringing back almost the entire team this year. Honestly, I think THAT is the cause of the decreased interest. Bring back a winning team fans would be pumped.

I am cautiously optimistic that a healthy Makhi, growth from Leggett and maybe most importantly the change on the coaching staff will turn things around this year. Cautious optimism does not create massive fan interest though.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago NC - I agree with your take generally but we are bringing back almost the entire team this year. Honestly, I think THAT is the cause of the decreased interest. Bring back a winning team fans would be pumped.

I am cautiously optimistic that a healthy Makhi, growth from Leggett and maybe most importantly the change on the coaching staff will turn things around this year. Cautious optimism does not create massive fan interest though.
Rlaw, I agree.
The addition of Bozeman, getting Makhi back, a year's experience for Ish, Shep returning, and the added leadership of EA, should gives us some hope for much improvement this year.
Not to mention what the 3 freshman might bring.
I am really looking forward to this season.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago NC - I agree with your take generally but we are bringing back almost the entire team this year. Honestly, I think THAT is the cause of the decreased interest. Bring back a winning team fans would be pumped.

Rlaw, I agree.
The addition of Bozeman, getting Makhi back, a year's experience for Ish, Shep returning, and the added leadership of EA, should gives us some hope for much improvement this year.
Love your confidence.
What place in the A10 do you predict URI finishes?
What place do you think URI needs to finish for Cox to remain HC in 2022-23 and get extended?
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Rlaw, I agree.
Love your confidence.
What place do you think URI needs to finish for Cox to remain HC in 2022-23 and get extended?
Okay Ramster, here we go, although my opinion still hasn't changed.

I still predict a 6th place finish, but wouldn't be surprised anywhere from 4-8.
I just think Thorr is looking for a big improvement and a feeling that the team is moving in a positive direction for Cox to be retained.
Unless we really falter again, I bet Cox gets a min. of 5 years with a short term extension after this season.

I know many feel that we need an NCAAT bid this season or he will be gone.
Also, the prevalent thought is that the A10 will not get more than 2 teams in ( I don't necessarily agree)
In this scenario it would be extremely difficult for us to achieve it, and if that is indeed the case Thorr would of probably dismissed Cox after last season.
I just don't think Thorr is this close to pulling the trigger on Cox and I feel he has some confidence in the roster that the staff has assembled. He probably isn't ready for a total rebuild yet. I also think this was all discussed during the Bozeman hiring process.

IMO
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rlaw, I agree.
Love your confidence.
Okay Ramster, here we go, although my opinion still hasn't changed.

I still predict a 6th place finish, but wouldn't be surprised anywhere from 4-8.
I just think Thorr is looking for a big improvement and a feeling that the team is moving in a positive direction for Cox to be retained.
Unless we really falter again, I bet Cox gets a min. of 5 years with a short term extension after this season.

I know many feel that we need an NCAAT bid this season or he will be gone.
Also, the prevalent thought is that the A10 will not get more than 2 teams in ( I don't necessarily agree)
In this scenario it would be extremely difficult for us to achieve it, and if that is indeed the case Thorr would of probably dismissed Cox after last season.
I just don't think Thorr is this close to pulling the trigger on Cox and I feel he has some confidence in the roster that the staff has assembled. He probably isn't ready for a total rebuild yet. I also think this was all discussed during the Bozeman hiring process.

IMO
So bottom line, you are right with most preseason polls I am seeing have URI - 6th place.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Unfortunately we have fallen from the upper tier of A10 Teams so we now only play the Top 4 Teams only 1 time - St Bonaventure (A), Richmond (H), VCU (A) and St Louis (H).

If looking only at where we finish in the A10 Standings-wise then it's good we play the A10 Elite only once :cry: and we play the A10 bottom 6 times including St Joseph's (H+A), GW (H+A), LaSalle (H) and Fordham (A)

Finishing 6th as some Preseason Polls have predicted is made easier by the weakness of our A10 pairings
7-Dayton
13-La Salle
10-at George Mason -
5-at Davidson
11-Saint Joseph's
8-at Massachusetts
12-George Washington
2-Richmond
7-at Dayton
14-at Fordham
8-Massachusetts
3-at VCU
5-Davidson
12-at George Washington
1-at St. Bonaventure
9-Duquesne
4-Saint Louis
11-at Saint Joseph's
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Unfortunately we have fallen from the upper tier of A10 Teams so we now only play the Top 4 Teams only 1 time - St Bonaventure (A), Richmond (H), VCU (A) and St Louis (H).

If looking only at where we finish in the A10 Standings-wise then it's good we play the A10 Elite only once :cry: and we play the A10 bottom 6 times including St Joseph's (H+A), GW (H+A), LaSalle (H) and Fordham (A)

Finishing 6th as some Preseason Polls have predicted is made easier by the weakness of our A10 pairings
7-Dayton
13-La Salle
10-at George Mason -
5-at Davidson
11-Saint Joseph's
8-at Massachusetts
12-George Washington
2-Richmond
7-at Dayton
14-at Fordham
8-Massachusetts
3-at VCU
5-Davidson
12-at George Washington
1-at St. Bonaventure
9-Duquesne
4-Saint Louis
11-at Saint Joseph's
I think our in conference schedule is right where it should be, based on last season's record.
We only play the top 4 teams once, but we also play LaSalle, Fordham, Duquesne, and GM only once.
I think GW may be a little better than their ranking having Bishop and Lindo as their anchor including transfer Brendan Adams.
Dayton, Davidson, St.Joe's, and UMass will all be tough games, I feel they are quality opponents.
Contrary to popular thinking, I still feel the A10 is very strong and deep this season.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Unfortunately we have fallen from the upper tier of A10 Teams so we now only play the Top 4 Teams only 1 time - St Bonaventure (A), Richmond (H), VCU (A) and St Louis (H).

7-Dayton
13-La Salle
10-at George Mason -
5-at Davidson
11-Saint Joseph's
8-at Massachusetts
12-George Washington
2-Richmond
7-at Dayton
14-at Fordham
8-Massachusetts
3-at VCU
5-Davidson
12-at George Washington
1-at St. Bonaventure
9-Duquesne
4-Saint Louis
11-at Saint Joseph's
I think our in conference schedule is right where it should be, based on last season's record.
We only play the top 4 teams once, but we also play LaSalle, Fordham, Duquesne, and GM only once.
I think GW may be a little better than their ranking having Bishop and Lindo as their anchor including transfer Brendan Adams.
Dayton, Davidson, St.Joe's, and UMass will all be tough games, I feel they are quality opponents.
Contrary to popular thinking, I still feel the A10 is very strong and deep this season.
Schedule is where is should be is because we finished a dismal 10th place out of 14 teams

6 of our 18 games or 33% will be against the 4 worst teams in the league - so as we complain often about the dregs of the A10, we put ourselves in this position by finishing a dismal 10th in the A10 last year.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

7-Dayton
13-La Salle
10-at George Mason -
5-at Davidson
11-Saint Joseph's
8-at Massachusetts
12-George Washington
2-Richmond
7-at Dayton
14-at Fordham
8-Massachusetts
3-at VCU
5-Davidson
12-at George Washington
1-at St. Bonaventure
9-Duquesne
4-Saint Louis
11-at Saint Joseph's
Schedule is where is should be is because we finished a dismal 10th place out of 14 teams

6 of our 18 games or 33% will be against the 4 worst teams in the league - so as we complain often about the dregs of the A10, we put ourselves in this position by finishing a dismal 10th in the A10 last year.
I understand, but I try not to dwell on the past.
Hopefully they turn it around this year.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

My point is that the past performance (10th place) has resulted in a weak schedule (only play top 4 teams 1 time each), we play the bottom 4 teams we play a total of 6 times). This makes a 6th place finish in 2021-2022 easier to attain due to the weak A10 opponent schedule. The weak A10 schedule, combined with one of the weaker OOC Schedules in the past 10 years makes for not such as exciting season schedule-wise and makes a strong overall W-L Record very important for post season consideration. Thor should also include the weak A10 and OOC strength of schedules into his Performance Goal for David Cox and his Coaching Staff for 2021-2022 Performance Review which I am sure he will.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

My point is that the past performance (10th place) has resulted in a weak schedule (only play top 4 teams 1 time), play bottom 4 teams a total of 6 times). This makes a 6th place finish easier to attain due to the weak A10 opponent schedule. The weak A10 schedule. combined with one of the weaker OOC Schedules in the past 10 years makes for not such as exciting season schedule-wise and makes a strong overall W-L Record very important for post season consideration.
Based on this, realistically I hope for an NIT invitation, I think an NCAAT bid this year is a pipedream.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The URI Women's Team was predicted to finish 11th last season and finished 3rd.

Because of finishing 3rd, URI Women will play the top 4 teams (1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th) in the A10 last season 6 times with H+A Games vs 1st place Dayton and 2nd place Fordham

Where you finish each year dictates the strength of your schedule for the next year in the A10. Best finishing teams get the stronger schedule, bottom finishing teams get the weaker schedule.

URI Women earned the strong SOS for 2021-2022, URI Men earned a weaker SOS for 2021-2022.

A10 Women play 16 A10 Games while A10 Men play 18 A10 Games so 6 of 16 games against The Top of the A10 is significant.

URI Women will play the bottom 4 teams from last season only 1 time each

1-Dayton
7-UMASS
2-@ Fordham
11-@ GW
14-George Mason
9-@ Duquesne
12-Davidson
7-@ UMASS
5-VCU
4-Saint Louis
8-@ LaSalle
10-@ St Joseph's
2-Fordham
6-@ Richmond
13-St Bonaventure
1-@ Dayton
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

My point is that the past performance (10th place) has resulted in a weak schedule (only play top 4 teams 1 time), play bottom 4 teams a total of 6 times). This makes a 6th place finish easier to attain due to the weak A10 opponent schedule. The weak A10 schedule. combined with one of the weaker OOC Schedules in the past 10 years makes for not such as exciting season schedule-wise and makes a strong overall W-L Record very important for post season consideration.
Based on this, realistically I hope for an NIT invitation, I think an NCAAT bid this year is a pipedream.
Looking at the overall schedule, This team can surprise and win 20+ games and still not get an NIT invite.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago

Looking at the overall schedule, This team can surprise and win 20+ games and still not get an NIT invite.
Rhodyram don't get too carried away, we win 20+ games and we will definitely get an NIT bid.
Our schedule isn't that ridiculous and the A10 is a respectable conference.
Last year in an abbreviated season with only 16 NIT invites (out of 32) the A10 got 4 teams in: SLU, Richmond, Dayton, and Davidson.
Dayton also lost to Fordham, Duquesne, St. Joe's, and us.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

For the first time in a while, I have no idea how good this team is/can be. Theres so many changes that I can't keep up. I'm just crossing my fingers.
GO RAMS
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

I admire the optimism.

Based on our OOC I would still be hesitant to believe how good this team can be since there are so few tests on the schedule.

The talent is there - the talent has also been there the first 3 years, and we’ve limped to the finish.

This is the easiest schedule we’ll have had in a decade. I don’t think you’ll have an accurate assessment of who this team is until late February at the earliest.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rhodyram don't get too carried away, we win 20+ games and we will definitely get an NIT bid.
Last year in an abbreviated season with only 16 NIT invites (out of 32) the A10 got 4 teams in: SLU, Richmond, Dayton, and Davidson.
Unfortunately, Rhodyram could be right. With our schedule, it's going to be very hard. You have to have a few good wins to go to the NIT, never mind the NCAA's.

Anything can happen and these are only my projections for next season,.. We could go undefeated in Quad 3/4 games and have 21 wins.

Quad 1 opportunities- 2 games
Quad 2 opportunities- 8 games
Quad 3 opportunities- 9 games
Quad 4 opportunities- 12 games

vs Boston University (Q4)
vs Bryant (Q3)
vs Boston College (Q4)
vs. Tulsa (Q3)
vs. Boston College or Utah (Q4) or (Q2)
at Florida Gulf Coast (Q4)
vs. Georgia St (Q3)
at Harvard (Q2)
at Providence (Q2)- This could be a Quad 1 game.
vs Sacred Heart (Q4)
at Milwaukee (Q3)- I think they will be close to a Q2 game.
vs College of Charleston (Q4)
vs Brown (Q4)
vs Dayton (Q3)
vs LaSalle (Q4)
at George Mason (Q3)
at Davidson (Q2)
vs St. Joes (Q4)
at Umass (Q2)
vs GW (Q4)
vs Richmond (Q2) Could be Quad 1
at Dayton (Q2)
at Fordham (Q4)
vs Umass (Q3)
at VCU (Q1)
vs Davidson (Q3)
at GW (Q4)
at Bonnies (Q1)
vs Duquense (Q4)
vs St. Louis (Q2)
at St. Joes (Q3)
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Are we at the point where an outside shot at the NIT excites us? To each their own, but if we aren’t competing for an NCAA tournament bid an NIT appearance is on par with a .500 record or 12-17. I know you have to start somewhere, but discussing odds of making the NIT doesn’t scream excitement. Will an NIT bid take pressure off of Cox? I hope not. I will say prior to this year Cox has done a great job with putting together a good out of conference schedule
Last edited by RamStock 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Beat who’s on your schedule. The rest will figure itself out for better or worse
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Mini Plan games have been released.

5 Game
11/27 - Georgia St
1/2 - La Salle
1/22 - George Washington
2/5 - UMass
2/26 - Duquesne

3 Game
2/12 - Davidson
Other 2 Games are Your Choice

Sucks how the 3/2 Saint Louis game isn't on the 5 game. Instead we get shitty GW,
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Unfortunately, Rhodyram could be right. With our schedule, it's going to be very hard. You have to have a few good wins to go to the NIT, never mind the NCAA's.

Anything can happen and these are only my projections for next season,.. We could go undefeated in Quad 3/4 games and have 21 wins.

Quad 1 opportunities- 2 games
Quad 2 opportunities- 8 games
Quad 3 opportunities- 9 games
Quad 4 opportunities- 12 games

vs Boston University (Q4)
vs Bryant (Q3)
vs Boston College (Q4)
vs. Tulsa (Q3)
vs. Boston College or Utah (Q4) or (Q2)
at Florida Gulf Coast (Q4)
vs. Georgia St (Q3)
at Harvard (Q2)
at Providence (Q2)- This could be a Quad 1 game.
vs Sacred Heart (Q4)
at Milwaukee (Q3)- I think they will be close to a Q2 game.
vs College of Charleston (Q4)
vs Brown (Q4)
vs Dayton (Q3)
vs LaSalle (Q4)
at George Mason (Q3)
at Davidson (Q2)
vs St. Joes (Q4)
at Umass (Q2)
vs GW (Q4)
vs Richmond (Q2) Could be Quad 1
at Dayton (Q2)
at Fordham (Q4)
vs Umass (Q3)
at VCU (Q1)
vs Davidson (Q3)
at GW (Q4)
at Bonnies (Q1)
vs Duquense (Q4)
vs St. Louis (Q2)
at St. Joes (Q3)
Stevey, extremely doubtful that can happen, we still have some decent opponents and there is very strong competition in the A10. The NIT is well aware of that and it will play into their decisions. Granted it isn't our first choice, but being a fan for so long I am use to the ups and downs.
In the 50 years I have been following this team our longest NCAAT streak has been 3 years (97-99).
Harrick inherited a loaded team with Wheeler, Cat, ARD, Clay, PM, and King.

Ramster is a stat guy, maybe he can tell us the last time an A10 team had 20+ regular season wins and didn't get invited to the NIT.
I don't ever remember that happening, but I could be wrong.
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PC game is at 12 noon.

Awful time slot.

Gonna need a list of bars around The Dunk that are open before then…
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago PC game is at 12 noon.

Awful time slot.

It also will not be on FS1 which is included at no extra charge by many cable systems. CBS Sports Network has it. This translates to a lot less exposure as there will be far fewer eyes watching it.
Last edited by RF1 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

……..high noon in Providence……..works for me, get in and out of the city before dark……
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Lotttta breakfast beers.
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Or Bloody Marys.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think maybe 22-9 gets us in the discussion for possible NIT anything worse than that I highly doubt it based on the SOS
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

……..excited about NIT, no not really, but getting there would a step in turning around from the last few years, gotta build back up a bit at a time, lots to jump from where we have been to Dancing…….settling for NIT sure……satisfied with that as the bar for the program, no…….would NIT get the HC an extension of some sort?…….who knows……..for me gotta start feeling better and positive vibe around the program with wins against whoever we play…….no?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago PC game is at 12 noon.

Awful time slot.

Murphy's is always decent - service is slow if it's busy, but they say they open at 9am on Saturdays.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

NIT or bust!
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago NIT or bust!
Ugh...
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Just got my tickets!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

reef wrote: 2 years ago I think maybe 22-9 gets us in the discussion for possible NIT anything worse than that I highly doubt it based on the SOS
I honestly could care less if we make the NIT or not, but if they don't make the NIT at 22-9 than they might as well just show up in March and try to get the automatic bid. The rest of the season is senseless as we are not going to go 26-5 with this group. If they don't make the tourney it is another lost year, but we are at the point where there is at best a 5% chance of making the NCAA tourney and that is winning 4 games in the A-10 tourney in March. I guess this is a complete rebuilding year again.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 2 years ago I think maybe 22-9 gets us in the discussion for possible NIT anything worse than that I highly doubt it based on the SOS
I honestly could care less if we make the NIT or not, but if they don't make the NIT at 22-9 than they might as well just show up in March and try to get the automatic bid. The rest of the season is senseless as we are not going to go 26-5 with this group. If they don't make the tourney it is another lost year, but we are at the point where there is at best a 5% chance of making the NCAA tourney and that is winning 4 games in the A-10 tourney in March. I guess this is a complete rebuilding year again.
NCAA or BUST. No interest in the NIT.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Ramster you wouldn't watch our games if we were in the NIT, I don't believe that?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ramster you wouldn't watch our games if we were in the NIT, I don't believe that?
I’d go to the NIT but NCAA is the goal.

This will be my first missed PC-URI game at PC in probably 30 years, maybe more. No interest after last years chicken shit move by Coach for Life Cooley. Not a penny of mine will go to that $4 million a year salary loser.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

This will be my first missed PC-URI game at PC in probably 30 years, maybe more. No interest after last years chicken shit move by Coach for Life Cooley. Not a penny of mine will go to that $4 million a year salary loser.
Somehow, I knew that is how you would respond about the PC game. ;)
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Pretty unfortunate but screw that Head Coach

And after all his bullshit Coach for Life, $4 million a year Cooley had a crappy season anyway. The URI game he traded for FDU accomplished zero for his team and screwed over URI and PC fans everywhere. 35 miles between schools and he cancels. Worst scheduling decision I’ve seen in any sport at any level. Doesn’t get any more selfish and stupid.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

And after all his bullshit Coach for Life, $4 million a year Cooley had a crappy season anyway. The URI game he traded for FDU accomplished zero for his team and screwed over URI and PC fans everywhere. 35 miles between schools and he cancels. Worst scheduling decision I’ve seen in any sport at any level. Doesn’t get any more selfish and stupid.
Yup.. I hope Cox reminds the players of that and we smoke their ass. I think PC wins but I hope i'm wrong!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Yes didn't like the way he dissed us as a rivalry game in that interview either.
That game should of been played last year, especially because of the circumstances. Weak move by Cooley.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Cooley is a dope. His last name is also slang for butt in Italian.
GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Looking at the schedule, I am going to make a prediction on our record:
20-11, 11-7 (A10)

Maybe a little optimistic based on our results last season., but I look for a big turnaround.
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.