12/30 | St. Bonaventure | 4:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Re: 12/30 | St. Bonaventure | 4:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I swear some of you are a bunch of f**kin crybabies. Woah is me, game after game. We won the game. This new team is 9 games in. It’s going to take a lot longer than that to find cohesion.

Dayton lost to LaSalle. SHIT HAPPENS.

The trend is not always the norm.

12 days isn’t enough to solve all the problems this team has. The kids did have a few of those days off for exams and spend time connecting with family that they weren’t able to see. Whether it was a sacrifice they made or a recommendation, the goal was to continue to get better.

Back to hibernation I go, flame on.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

BOOM!!!

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

After last game 12 days ago some were calling for Cox to reduce the rotation to 8 players and supported to remove Sheppard from 8 man rotation.
Cox showed good patience with Sheppard, keeping him not just in the 8 man rotation but to keep him starting. Very efficient night for Jeremy:
27 minutes
5-7 FG, 2-4 on 3FG, 5-6 FT for a GAME HIGH 17 points. Lofton was next with 13 points
2 assists
3 steals - team game high
1 rebound
3 TOs
1 Foul

Sheppard is shooting 13-29 for 45% on 3 pointers. He is also leading the team with 14-16 for 88% FTs.
We need Sheppard's Shooting proficiency and we need him to shoot more

Good move by David Cox to stick with Sheppard.

Nice game by Walker as he got his 2nd career double-double with 11 points, 10 rebounds. An efficient 5-10 FG
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago BOOM!!!

Nice to see Jermaine with some serious ups! Look forward to us seeing more of this!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeteRI wrote: 3 years ago
ramster wrote: 3 years ago BOOM!!!

Nice to see Jermaine with some serious ups! Look forward to us seeing more of this!!
Maybe he benefitted more than most from the 12 day rest.
Last edited by ramster 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Had to work at halftime, opened up my ESPN app at around 6 to see us up four with 41 seconds left.

Whats a pleasant surprise! Yay winning!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

I liked our defense and rebounding in this one. If we can maintain some consistency there and not throw the ball out of bounds 15 times a game we can be really good!

Let's get us that cupcake on Saturday!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 years ago I liked our defense and rebounding in this one. If we can maintain some consistency there and not throw the ball out of bounds 15 times a game we can be really good!

Let's get us that cupcake on Saturday!
We will get that cupcake on Saturday and I expect to win by at least 15

We need to cut our turnovers down no excuse for 24 of them
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Obadiah, you are correct in your assessment.

I don't see any miracles occuring in the short term either.

Some here will give Cox a longer leash than I do.

Just because the A10 stinks is no excuse to sugarcoat things.

As usual, we play to the level of our opponents, and that will result in some losses that we have no business of losing.

Or maybe we do?
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

A lot of negatives in this game which have been touched on plenty so I'm going to focus on a couple of positives:

1. I think Mitchell and Harris did a GREAT job on Bona's big man. They both seem to be much improved in playing tough D down low without fouling every possession. Yes, Mitchell did get in foul trouble (the tech didn't help, I think the ref could have just brought both of those guys over and gave a warning and talked to them.) but didn't really have any "dumb" fouls. I would really love our front court if Mehki didn't go down for the year.

2. In my mind, Shepard plays well and we win. He's our most important player. He doesn't take as many bad shots as Fatts and he is our best shooter. He is also a great playmaker. He will have his turnovers but if he can limit those and control the game I think he is the difference maker for us.

3. We know all the negatives with Fatts right now but I will say, he hasn't seemed to let his poor play effect his mentality on the floor. I noticed one point out of a timeout he was trying to pick up the guys while getting back onto the court and get them going. He did have a couple of big steals and assists in crunch time. He's hurt and he's not hitting shots right now. If somehow he can get healthy and get his shot going (along with the other problems we have) and he can play up to his top potential we can beat anyone in the A10.

4. My optimistic view is that we get gel and improve as the season goes on. Cox will play a big part of that and this will no doubt be his toughest coaching job of his young coaching career. If he can figure it out and we can play better basketball we have the talent to finish in the top 4 of the A10 and make a deep run in the A10 Tournament. An at-large bid is almost impossible but getting a good seed in the Conference Tournament and us playing better as a team could see us make a run in the conference tournament and a realistic chance to win it.

Happy New Year everyone!!
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I asked earlier during the game and I want to ask again, was anyone else watching on espn+ experiencing glitchy video?

My feed would go into slow motion every ten seconds or so for a second or two, wicked annoying. Audio seemed fine.

My setup was laptop hooked to our tv via HDMI. Our "smart" LG tv doesn't offer the espn+ app for download even though it does offer disney+. So I'm stuck hooking the laptop up. We have Fios high speed.

Anyone? Just curious whether it's my setup or the app.

Thanks!
Mobley was fouled.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Obadiah wrote: 3 years ago Sorry this is not a team. This is a collection of individuals and this game was like a street game - bad passes, no coordination, no flow and bad decision making. Is this the performance we get after a 12 day layoff? With 1/3 of season now history, this team has no identity and no leadership and Fatts has become a sophomore again.
Unfortunately dead on.

Happy with a win, but it was tough to watch. Well below expectations for where you would expect a team to be in year 3 under a coach.

Happy to see Harris show some signs of life as a player, hopefully the trajectory continues but he still makes too many low IQ plays on the defensive end of my liking. But if this is the Harris we get for the rest of his time here I’ll take it.

We do not have a point guard. Period. The traditional position isn’t of value to a DC offense, and that’s apparent. This style of this play requires the guy with the ball to be a dynamic scorer and we flat out do not have that.

If DC valued the PG position he never would’ve taken the ball out of dowtins hands.

This team is tied to Fatts and unfortunately he’s become more of an anchor than a balloon.

Ugly wins are still wins, but that didn’t show me anything to get me excited for the rest of the year.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

RI_Bred wrote: 3 years ago I asked earlier during the game and I want to ask again, was anyone else watching on espn+ experiencing glitchy video?

My feed would go into slow motion every ten seconds or so for a second or two, wicked annoying. Audio seemed fine.

My setup was laptop hooked to our tv via HDMI. Our "smart" LG tv doesn't offer the espn+ app for download even though it does offer disney+. So I'm stuck hooking the laptop up. We have Fios high speed.

Thanks!
I have roku and game feed was fine on espn+. I got through with espn app on tv. Then espn+ is offered as option at the top of that app..
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

RI_Bred wrote: 3 years ago I asked earlier during the game and I want to ask again, was anyone else watching on espn+ experiencing glitchy video?

Thanks!
No mine was pretty much fine. Maybe one little skip the entire time. Could be just your internet. Hard to know what else the issue would be
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 3 years ago Sorry this is not a team. This is a collection of individuals and this game was like a street game - bad passes, no coordination, no flow and bad decision making. Is this the performance we get after a 12 day layoff? With 1/3 of season now history, this team has no identity and no leadership and Fatts has become a sophomore again.
Unfortunately dead on.

Happy with a win, but it was tough to watch. Well below expectations for where you would expect a team to be in year 3 under a coach.

Happy to see Harris show some signs of life as a player, hopefully the trajectory continues but he still makes too many low IQ plays on the defensive end of my liking. But if this is the Harris we get for the rest of his time here I’ll take it.

We do not have a point guard. Period. The traditional position isn’t of value to a DC offense, and that’s apparent. This style of this play requires the guy with the ball to be a dynamic scorer and we flat out do not have that.

If DC valued the PG position he never would’ve taken the ball out of dowtins hands.

This team is tied to Fatts and unfortunately he’s become more of an anchor than a balloon.

Ugly wins are still wins, but that didn’t show me anything to get me excited for the rest of the year.
The point about “year 3” doesn’t really mean much when this team is completely independent of the previous 2 years, literally next to no continuity of players. And before you say it, I prefer who we have vs who we lost for the most part (Tyrese being the one exception).

You’re currently spot on regarding Fatts. On a positive note he’s legitimately playing almost as bad as he possibly can. Hopefully that means no where to go but up?
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago
Unfortunately dead on.

The point about “year 3” doesn’t really mean much when this team is completely independent of the previous 2 years, literally next to no continuity of players. And before you say it, I prefer who we have vs who we lost for the most part (Tyrese being the one exception).

You’re currently spot on regarding Fatts. On a positive note he’s legitimately playing almost as bad as he possibly can. Hopefully that means no where to go but up?
That’s the whole point. The “next to no continuity of players” is a fault of Cox’s to a degree.

I’ll take Tyrese and Toppin over Malik and Carey, jury is still out on Betrand, not enough of a sample size.
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unfortunately dead on.

I think that is my larger point regarding DC. This is his program. In his first 2 recruiting classes he brought in 10 players. 8 have transferred. 2 remain.

Does this mean if Ish leaves this off-season that we reset the clock on DC and say it’s year 1 again because it’s all new faces?

The whole reason we all wanted DC to be the HC was because of the continuity he was supposed to bring. Pick up Hurley’s torch, adhere to the “bar” of championships, and keep our highest ranked recruiting class in tact.

This is the point in the cycle where we see results - even if it’s a rebuild. Honestly the whole program, including it’s star player, feels like it has regressed as of right now.

Not saying we can’t turn it around, but if we continue to play like we have for the last month, that doesn’t look too good.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Ok thanks regarding the video speed feedback guys. I'll look into it more.
Mobley was fouled.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago

Unfortunately dead on.

That’s the whole point. The “next to no continuity of players” is a fault of Cox’s to a degree.

I’ll take Tyrese and Toppin over Malik and Carey, jury is still out on Betrand, not enough of a sample size.
I get it. Would prefer to have them over losing them too. That being said sometimes you have to try and step back and realize there is only so much a coach can do. If you’re Tyrese or Toppin and get a chance to go play at Uconn or UK vs staying at URI what would you do? Not to mention those decisions were made before we secured any of our new transfers, and Fatts likely in their ear saying he’s leaving for the NBA.

It’s easy to blame Cox, and ultimately yes it’s his job to retain talent. But with Covid these guys weren’t on campus , and the 2020-2021 season looked very dim for our program at that point.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unfortunately dead on.

I think that is my larger point regarding DC. This is his program. In his first 2 recruiting classes he brought in 10 players. 8 have transferred. 2 remain.

Does this mean if Ish leaves this off-season that we reset the clock on DC and say it’s year 1 again because it’s all new faces?

The whole reason we all wanted DC to be the HC was because of the continuity he was supposed to bring. Pick up Hurley’s torch, adhere to the “bar” of championships, and keep our highest ranked recruiting class in tact.

This is the point in the cycle where we see results - even if it’s a rebuild. Honestly the whole program, including it’s star player, feels like it has regressed as of right now.

Not saying we can’t turn it around, but if we continue to play like we have for the last month, that doesn’t look too good.
I’ve said this before but I just think you and others have unrealistic expectations. Stop clinging onto the number of transfers we’ve lost. Numbers mean nothing, quality does. Majority of those losses were players were better off without. “Highest ranked” class is a nonsense term. While it’s true, that’s before players pan out or don’t. Can point to scouting errors more than anything else. And not just by us, collectively how they were ranked.

Hurley did a lot of good for the program don’t get me wrong. But his success came from chemistry and experienced teams. You’re comparing apples and oranges here. Cox has a good group of talent. Guy got no off season due to COVID to even attempt to bring it together. Just relax for a minute. Not to mention already barking about our freshmen transferring out. Absolute nonsense
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

I’ve said this before but I just think you and others have unrealistic expectations. Stop clinging onto the number of transfers we’ve lost. Numbers mean nothing, quality does. Majority of those losses were players were better off without. “Highest ranked” class is a nonsense term. While it’s true, that’s before players pan out or don’t. Can point to scouting errors more than anything else. And not just by us, collectively how they were ranked.

Hurley did a lot of good for the program don’t get me wrong. But his success came from chemistry and experienced teams. You’re comparing apples and oranges here. Cox has a good group of talent. Guy got no off season due to COVID to even attempt to bring it together. Just relax for a minute. Not to mention already barking about our freshmen transferring out. Absolute nonsense
Here is where I got my expectations:

“I have always had the drive inside of me to do more, to achieve and to excel,” Cox said. “Nothing will change that mindset moving forward. We have won Atlantic 10 championships and NCAA tournament games in the last two years. That is now the bar. Moving forward, our goal is to repeat as A-10 champions, get back to the NCAA tournament and make an even deeper run. Year after year, we are going to recruit at the highest level possible and continue to attract top-100 players, high-major players and players with high character who fit our culture.”

Soooo - are we falling short or what?

Give to Rhody's NIL
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

“I have always had the drive inside of me to do more, to achieve and to excel,” Cox said. “Nothing will change that mindset moving forward. We have won Atlantic 10 championships and NCAA tournament games in the last two years. That is now the bar. Moving forward, our goal is to repeat as A-10 champions, get back to the NCAA tournament and make an even deeper run. Year after year, we are going to recruit at the highest level possible and continue to attract top-100 players, high-major players and players with high character who fit our culture.”

Goals and expectations are quite different. Conference championships and making the NCAA tourney should always be the goal. Any coach who says differently (especially while being hired) isn’t familiar with PR 101.

Expectations are specific to a year - a teams roster construct, ability, chemistry, opponents and more. As it relates to this year you should be taking COVID, new transfers, two heavy conference favorites, etc all into account. If you’re not being realistic with yourself and the team that’s on you. We can sit here all day and cry “but David Cox told me we’d win the conference annually!”. That doesn’t happen.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

A healthy Fatts, and we aren’t where we are. Injuries change team expectations. No one should have expected the Rams to be 4-5, even with this schedule.
GO RAMS
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Goals and expectations are quite different. Conference championships and making the NCAA tourney should always be the goal. Any coach who says differently (especially while being hired) isn’t familiar with PR 101.

Expectations are specific to a year - a teams roster construct, ability, chemistry, opponents and more. As it relates to this year you should be taking COVID, new transfers, two heavy conference favorites, etc all into account. If you’re not being realistic with yourself and the team that’s on you. We can sit here all day and cry “but David Cox told me we’d win the conference annually!”. That doesn’t happen.
Kingston, the problem with your statements is that they make rational sense. The guys you are talking to aren’t rational. They are emotional, entitled, couch/bleacher Point guards. Stop wasting your energy.

Once we all agree the we all want the same thing, which we undoubtedly do, all of us just appear to be yelling at walls in padded rooms. No one actually listens...they just yap.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Thanks!
We viewed it on our "smaht" TV also, (though Airplay) and had a lot of what you experienced. However, it was being streamed to the TV through my Mac...which we could see and which did not have any of the slo-mo or glitches. We determined it was the Airplay and not the broadcast.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago

Kingston, the problem with your statements is that they make rational sense. The guys you are talking to aren’t rational. They are emotional, entitled, couch/bleacher Point guards. Stop wasting your energy.

Once we all agree the we all want the same thing, which we undoubtedly do, all of us just appear to be yelling at walls in padded rooms. No one actually listens...they just yap.
Ha, yes thank you. Was hoping I wasn’t just talking to myself here and maybe one other person understood the bigger picture.

I get it people. We’re fans. Fanhood can and will be emotional. I wish we beat BC, WKU and Davidson too. Can only move forward not back
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Blueman, you're crazy!!! You want success? A bid? A championship?!!! Are you taking crazy pills!! This isn't Dan Hurley's team anymore. We are back to being Jim Baron. Expectations need to be lower. The goal is now NIT. If we end up in the top four, we should be happy. If he recruits guys that underachieve it's not his fault. Oh, and if our entire team transfers, it's not his fault either. If you disagree, you're labeled as a crybaby and a bad fan. This is our program now, so get used to it.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago

Blueman, you're crazy!!! You want success? A bid? A championship?!!! Are you taking crazy pills!! This isn't Dan Hurley's team anymore. We are back to being Jim Baron. Expectations need to be lower. The goal is now NIT. If we end up in the top four, we should be happy. If he recruits guys that underachieve it's not his fault. Oh, and if our entire team transfers, it's not his fault either. If you disagree, you're labeled as a crybaby and a bad fan. This is our program now, so get used to it.
Comparing DC to the 11 year JB era is what's crazy at this time. I have positive expectations for this program in the next couple of years and like how Cox put together this roster.
Transferring is happening everywhere, that is the new norm, get over it
As I said previously, Cox hasn't had a normal season under his belt yet, and many of you are already giving up.
I just don't understand all the negativity.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Crazy, I can have an opinion. You love his type of fandom, I despise it. To each his own.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago

Comparing DC to the 11 year JB era is what's crazy at this time. I have positive expectations for this program in the next couple of years and like how Cox put together this roster.
As I said previously, Cox hasn't had a normal season under his belt yet, and many of you are already giving up.
I didn't compare his career with Baron. I'm talking about the expectations of our program.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Crazy, I can have an opinion. You love his type of fandom, I despise it. To each his own.
DC, I respect your opinion, and I'd have to be an idiot not to see that you understand the game. I wish we could disagree and stop with the name-calling. That's all.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I do NOT agree with those who are happy with mediocrity.

And right now, that's what we've got..

Could it change? Yes.

Will it? That's the 64 thousand dollar question.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Doombone is back!

Everyone likes ncaa games and conference championships. Don’t think there is a fan here who would say otherwise. Seasons have ebbs and flows, some folks just deal with it differently than others. There is room for everyone.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago I do NOT agree with those who are happy with mediocrity.

Could it change? Yes.

I don't believe any of us are satisfied with mediocrity, otherwise we wouldn't be on this board. I have confidence in this staff (at least for now) that this program is headed in the right direction.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

It just gives many of us a bad feeling about the future when we look like DOG SHIT most of the time.

At the end of the day when you aren't picking up where Dan Hurley left off there are no excuses. And I don't think its fair to excuse the excessive sloppy and directionless play.

I do know that somehow this team beat a team like Seton Hall pretty soundly and played way better the first half of the year. Just didn't think the BC game was a little closer to our identity.

We also should be aware that basketball is a game of momentum and we have seen Cox's teams rise from the depths of hades to muster up some valiant winning streaks in the past, so I won't be surprised if that happens. Just need an identity and some consistency.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

DC, I respect your opinion, and I'd have to be an idiot not to see that you understand the game. I wish we could disagree and stop with the name-calling. That's all.
I’d love nothing more than to bury the Internet hatchet, but there is nothing I hate more than people who constantly shit on student athletes and call and/or threaten people’s job’s because things aren’t as sunny as they want it to be.

I want everyone to be better, and that FACT IS not lost on us, the staff or the players.

The baffling part to me is many of you all don’t think the things that are glaring to us, are just as glaring to the coach/kids. These guys don’t walk around chewing gum and throwing rocks between games. They are losing a ton more sleep than we are trying to figure it all out.

This is the rational/irrational conflict that is so evident here.

Sure, be mad...but I’m hoping in 2021 some of you can find a healthier more constructive way of doing it.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

One of the beauties of signing onto ESPN+ is you have access to replays of games. After watching this game again, stopping and replaying key plays, I was more amazed that URI won this game given the sloppy, helter-skelter play and 23 turnovers. SBU had the better defensive, often collapsing three players on the Ram and making the Rams work for every bucket They also did a good job in preventing URI transition baskets - only got one or two. URI lucked out with the many SBU misses around the rim and SBU had two bad turnovers in crunch time which sealed their doom.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

It was a very ugly game that we were fortunate to come out with the win

We obviously are going to have to step up our game to compete with the SLU and Richmonds of the conference , can we do it ??
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago I do NOT agree with those who are happy with mediocrity.

Could it change? Yes.

I don't believe any of us are satisfied with mediocrity, otherwise we wouldn't be on this board. I have confidence in this staff (at least for now) that this program is headed in the right direction.
It’s because we don’t piss and moan we are viewed as being okay with mediocrity. It’s just that some know how to be level-headed adults.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Agree DCRams, a bucket here and there, a bit more consistency and some better coaching and 4-5 could easily be 8-1.

Plenty of reasons to not toss in the towel on this group yet. None of what needs fixing is rocket surgery.
Last edited by hrstrat57 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

hrstrat57 wrote: 3 years ago Agree DCRams, a bucket here and there, a bit more consistency and some better coaching and 4-5 could easily be 8-1.

Plenty of reasons to not toss in the towel on this group yet. none of what needs fixing is rocket surgery
Exactly. I fully expected this roller coaster this season. It’s also a mulligan of a season, so give this group more time and leeway to iron out the kinks.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Alright, if Cox needs this season for our guys to gel, what are our expectations next year?
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

We all tend to be hyper-focused on our play and overly critical of our players, and that's ok. That is what happens when you are a passionate fan. But we should be reasonable and realize that inconsistent play is not just a Rhody issue. Things get ugly for most teams in the country, not only at different points in the season, but during stretches of every game too, just like it does for us. As fans, we are not focused on our opponents play like we are with our team. I'm sure we would be pretty disgusted on any given gameday if we were die-hard fans of the other A10 teams. My point is, it's not just us, it's the game, and it's college basketball. Lots of mistakes and growing pains. Lot's of ups and downs. I'm not sure I am expressing my point clearly, but I am sticking with this team. There's plenty of talent and time for it to come together. But sometimes, it's going to be ugly. Hang in there.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago Alright, if Cox needs this season for our guys to gel, what are our expectations next year?
........OK, I will take a shot.......competitive in the mid to upper tier of the conference......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago Alright, if Cox needs this season for our guys to gel, what are our expectations next year?
NCAAs or BUST!!!!!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

My expectation for next year, with this group intact, would be to finish at or near the top of the conference and get a post season NCAAT bid.
I would be curious to see how many of the seniors in our conference decide to return, which may affect the predictions.
Last edited by Jersey77 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

A couple of people here are fans of the coach. The rest are fans of the team and of our school.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago A couple of people here are fans of the coach. The rest are fans of the team and of our school.
Don't confuse optimism in this program with just being a fan of the coach and not the school.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago A couple of people here are fans of the coach. The rest are fans of the team and of our school.
Don't confuse optimism in this program with just being a fan of the coach and not the school.
I'm not. Believe me, there a couple of people who are in this for forum because of the coach, and they will defend his every move.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I’ll bite, because that’s supposed to be a shot (even though a hold a degree from URI) and let’s say that is the case, DONT WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING!?!? To win games, be successful and go to the tourney EVERY YEAR?! That is a given.

Again, some of you can’t stand that we simply don’t all operate or cheer for a team the same way! Nevermind what our individual motives, allegiances are because I honestly love the entire team. Growing pains are exactly that. PAINS!!!