Fatts (Grad Transfer to Maryland)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Re: Fatts

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Reloading or basically having the same caliber team.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago
spar wrote: 4 years ago Cox said they got back to defensive principals and it carried our energy into every facet of the game.
Well it's nice to see him finally acknowledge/understand this was the key component missing during our skid these last few weeks. I responded to a tweet of Cyril's basically saying this exact thing...get back to our lockdown team D and everything will open up from there.

We have obviously had more issues than just our defense recently, but the D should show up night in and night out in the same manner (just like the Hurley era). It certainly could've helped to get us the W at Davidson, possibly against St Louis as well (despite our offensive struggles). Hell it probably could've helped get us the wins against Brown and Richmond too.
I for one thought our D was way better. We were all over UMass.

It's just Tre Mitchell is a stud.

Defense better.

Offense a little better.
[/quote]

All we can hope for with our wildly inconsistent offensive team is that we go on another heater. We have been hot or cold all season but let’s catch fire now.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Let's take this moment to salute Fatts for an.outstanding season. And let's hope he recaptures his midseason form!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Congrats Fatts love the quote about it being for teammates program and community, we need more players like Fatts not about Me it’s about We !!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

We may have stumbled at the end of the season, but we still have one of the best backcourts in the whole country. They'll be talking about Fatts and Double Uno many years from now. Thanks for all the thrills!!!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago We may have stumbled at the end of the season, but we still have one of the best damn backcourts in the whole country. They'll be talking about Fatts and Double Uno many years from now. Thanks for all the thrills!!!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Apparently I'm repeating myself, but these two stars are worth it! :mrgreen:
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Fatts’ latest Instagram caption...

Seems like he’s gone.
Go Rhody
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Fatts’ latest Instagram caption...

Seems like he’s gone.
Or could be him acknowledging that his season is over?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Fatts’ latest Instagram caption...

Seems like he’s gone.
Or could be him acknowledging that his season is over?
That’s what I thought.
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Tom Garrick keeps the single season steals record. Russell got to within 2 steals of the all time URI single Season Steals Record of 88 steals.

Russell finished with 86 steals.

I thought Russell would break the record at UMASS Saturday night. But he did not get any steals vs UMASS which was the only game out of 30 games the season that he did not get a single steal.
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Don't do it to me like that Fatts! Really REALLY hoping he is just referring to the season being over!
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Tjrams91 »

He’s not leaving guys.
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

Yeah, feels like the 10th social media post someone has read way to far into and started speculation for no reason
Martyf250
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Martyf250 »

DevRam wrote: 4 years ago Yeah, feels like the 10th social media post someone has read way to far into and started speculation for no reason
This is why we can't have social media
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Martyf250 wrote: 4 years ago
DevRam wrote: 4 years ago Yeah, feels like the 10th social media post someone has read way to far into and started speculation for no reason
This is why we can't have social media
But the social media does get confusing at times. And sometimes it seems the confusion that results from some media posts might have been intentional.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Reading into Cyril’s comment of “ 😳😳😳” makes it seem like he’s surprised at the post/caption.

Gut feeling, he’s gone. Grad transfer and pros.
Go Rhody
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Reading into Cyril’s comment of “ 😳😳😳” makes it seem like he’s surprised at the post/caption.

Smh. Isn’t the virus enough for folks to worry about?
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Reading into Cyril’s comment of “ 😳😳😳” makes it seem like he’s surprised at the post/caption.

He’s a junior this year. He can’t head transfer until he “grads”.
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago

Summer classes, could finish then.
Go Rhody
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago

So much for supporting.our best player. GTFOOH.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Even if he could that’s not a certainty so why announce it now. The more I think the stupider your take is.
Slava Ukraini!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago

So much for supporting.our best player. GTFOOH.
Seriously!

And even then the team ALWAYS takes summer classes both sessions. To be a full time student you take 12-18 credits a semester. Most likely if an athlete takes 12 credits a semester here and there a summer class makes it easy peasy to get to the magic 120 to graduate in 4 years.
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

Please no
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

Just curious how do you expect them to react to everything that has occurred these last 24 hours? Seriously these are two upperclassman who have the chance to make a run and possibly continue playing basketball together for longer. They are family and it has hit them that they have likely played there last games together as teammates. Speculating on Instagram captions and comments right now is honestly weak.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

UConn fans have really got ahead of themselves. They already have him on their roster for next season:

2020 Recruiting: Fatts Russell
https://the-boneyard.com/threads/2020-r ... ll.154323/
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

If Nova gets mentioned I’d be worried.

Extremely doubtful imho Hurley steals Cox best player...and if uConn happened Russell would instantly become Johnny Damon. I have to think legacy means something to Fatts.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Please kill this dumb rumor
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Tjrams91 wrote: 4 years ago Please kill this dumb rumor
How do you know he’s not leaving?
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Reading the UConn message board is slightly concerning. TJ i hope you're right!!👍
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

FDshoes wrote: 4 years ago Reading the UConn message board is slightly concerning. TJ i hope you're right!!👍
Would Dan Hurley really fuck us over and steal our best player? I would be very surprised. The UCONN fans don’t know anything.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago
FDshoes wrote: 4 years ago Reading the UConn message board is slightly concerning. TJ i hope you're right!!👍
Would Dan Hurley really fuck us over and steal our best player? I would be very surprised. The UCONN fans don’t know anything.

Would he seek it out? No probably not. But what would Hurley do if Fatts reached out to him? I highly doubt he would say no i cant take you. I just really hope this is over reacting. But you never know.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Jesus so the panic has gone from toilet paper back to reading 21 year olds IG captions again?

That comment could mean any number of things - from the season being over, to him wanting to declare for the NBA draft.

"Heard from a source" gets thrown around a lot on message boards - including this one. I would say that usually precedes a prediction that's accurate about 2% of the time or less. But hey, the whole country is shut down because of a virus that affects 98% of us like the common flu so who knows.

I'm going to bet that "source" was an IG post by Fatts Russell and a stab in the dark guess at what said 21 year old meant by that statement.

I would think it's far more likely that Fatts declares for the draft than jumps to another team - UConn or otherwise.

Fatts is THE guy here. UConn has a much more crowded backcourt of a sophomore, junior, and senior to compete with. Fatts is obviously better, but would he really want to compete for minutes there? Why would he have stayed and not jumped with Hurley right away?

Who knows - IF he goes - it would say far more about the state of our program than anything about Hurley or Fatts himself.

Regardless, this is RIDICULOUS speculation not even 24 hours after the most traumatic end to a college basketball season in the history of sports.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I am not at all suggesting a Fatts transfer to UConn a likely prospect. I just wanted to let you all know how the UConn fans are running with this based on very little real info. I can't imagine UConn being a great destination for a player that has just one year of eligibility. If the goal is to make the NCAA tourney, there are far many better bets elsewhere. UConn has already struggled in the AAC and I imagine it will be a tough early transition to the Big East.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If he did it, it's got nothing to do with UConn. It's a chance to play for Hurley again, this time without having to sit out a year.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Would be nuts if he left.

With him and everyone else we have next year, I think we will have as much of a chance as anybody to make the tournament.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

In fairness to all participating in discussion here the player started it with a cryptic post on IG...

Clever play actually by Fatts IMO and gives us something to talk about vs covid19.

I’d prefer to see him run down Wheeler, Silk and Calverly.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 years ago In fairness to all participating in discussion here the player started it with a cryptic post on IG...

Clever play actually by Fatts IMO and gives us something to talk about vs covid19.

That got me wondering how much he needs now. Losing probably 3 games now hurts. No way he's catching Silk. He needs 860. It was a long shot before. He has a slight chance to catch Ernie, E.C. and Tyson though.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am not worried about it at all
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 years ago In fairness to all participating in discussion here the player started it with a cryptic post on IG...

Russell did start the ball rolling whether intentional or not. He didn’t deny or clear up the confusion. Then Langevine posted surprise at Fatts’ Instagram.

Now just since then the UConn Boneyard has a 144 post, 6 page Fatts Russell thread initiated from the Russell post. UConn is already talking staring lineups with Russell in.

Welcome to the Coronavirus College BB off season

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/2020-r ... 323/page-6
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I’m worried that we’ll go completely bonkers here. Perhaps we should invite a mental health counselor to moderate while all sports have been shut down.
Slava Ukraini!
BlackDogRants
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BlackDogRants »

A part of me thinks this is just Fatts seeking attention type behavior. I vaguely remember him pulling a similar act when Hurley left.

I will say this though - if the one time transfer rule does pass - I can see him leaving. It seems - and I don’t know him, never met him - but it’s like Fatts is all about Fatts. If he has a chance to play for a contender or just on a bigger stage in his senior year I for sure see him taking that route. What is he staying in Rhode Island for? Let’s be real our roster and outlook isn’t getting better.

On another note: Completely for fun and as a distraction Jacob Toppin was on IG live with Obi and Crutcher. Bantering between them Obi and Crutcher ask Jacob what he thought about what they asked when at the foul line that last game at the Ryan Center - Jacob gets visibly nervous and says something like yo yo yo that’s not to be discussed that’s confidential. So a ton of people start commenting - Jacob to Dayton... so we can panic about that transfer too if we want.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

We can’t talk about him leaving or else people here will say you’re not supporting our best player.
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 years ago If Nova gets mentioned I’d be worried.

Extremely doubtful imho Hurley steals Cox best player...and if uConn happened Russell would instantly become Johnny Damon. I have to think legacy means something to Fatts.
Comparing the Red Sox Yankees rivalry to Rhody UConn?

😂😂😂 not even close.

When was the last time we even played them?
Go Rhody
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Just give me the virus now if this is how offseason discussion will go...
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

[/quote]

Why would you be surprised?? Don't deify Dan Hurley. Dan Hurley wants to win. If fatts wants to go there and Dan Hurley thinks he will help him win he welcomes him with open arms.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

BlackDogRants wrote: 4 years ago A part of me thinks this is just Fatts seeking attention type behavior. I vaguely remember him pulling a similar act when Hurley left.

I will say this though - if the one time transfer rule does pass - I can see him leaving. It seems - and I don’t know him, never met him - but it’s like Fatts is all about Fatts. If he has a chance to play for a contender or just on a bigger stage in his senior year I for sure see him taking that route. What is he staying in Rhode Island for? Let’s be real our roster and outlook isn’t getting better.

On another note: Completely for fun and as a distraction Jacob Toppin was on IG live with Obi and Crutcher. Bantering between them Obi and Crutcher ask Jacob what he thought about what they asked when at the foul line that last game at the Ryan Center - Jacob gets visibly nervous and says something like yo yo yo that’s not to be discussed that’s confidential. So a ton of people start commenting - Jacob to Dayton... so we can panic about that transfer too if we want.
Even with the new rules there are prob restrictions for transferring within conference as an undergrad