2/26 | Fordham | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: 2/26 | Fordham | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago If Cyril can’t play Sunday it is going to be embarrassing watching French abuse Jermaine.

Yet another fucking no show tonight from that stiff.

WHY IS WALKER ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO SHOOT 3s?

Besides that last shot, he played well, his numbers were good.

Tyrese, HUGE game.

However if Jeff and Cyril aren’t healthy, we have no shot at the tourney.

Incredible. Your trash talking of Harris is nothing short of pathetic.
Last edited by Taylor Swift 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago That is the most joyless win maybe of my entire life. You cannot feel good about this team right now. I have a lot of thoughts about the last 10 minutes of that game, but I’m so numb and disappointed that I don’t even feel like typing them up. However, it will be a lot easier for me to get over an ugly win than a season ending loss.

Major props to Toppin for hitting those free throws. Big time clutch, and maybe the only positive of the last 10 minutes of the game. Martin had a very good game overall but it was very nearly all for nothing.
I agree with you completely. It feels like we should be a big underdog on Sunday now and is tough to imagine us winning. I guess we just hope for Langevine and Dowtin to play in an absolute must game again. Maybe the way they have played the last 5 games and everyone staying to turn against them in terms of confidence will push them hard for this game Sunday. We need a big home crowd and lots of health. I’m not sure why, but I think we get to that Dayton game with a win Sunday. I thought we might be able to beat Dayton, but doubting that now because of health and poor play. Enjoy the night everyone, it is going to be a bumpy ride until Sunday.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Well, here comes Optimistic Oscar...

We were without our anchor today. We played 10 minutes in the first half without Fatts. Jeff is hurt. That is 75% of our offense.

Cyril was not cleared for play today. It wasn’t an option.

We won.

We live to fight another day.

Fordham hasn’t been beat handily in quite some time. Not sure why we thought we were going to be the ones to do it without our enforcer in the paint.

Depth is an issue.

Tyrese is coming into his own.

We will play up for STL.

Buckle up.

Go Rhody.

P.S. we won.

P.S.S. The Bonnies losing keeps us comfortably in the top 4.
Last edited by DC_Rams 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
jaywin86 wrote: 4 years ago
The Dude wrote: 4 years ago Toppin & Martin saved their ass tonight.
Long too!
We needed Long’s points tonight for sure. I posted during the game that I like a lot about his game but he passed up two wide open three point looks in a 3 minute span, choosing to put it on the deck both times - once for a bricked pull-up 19 footer and once drove right into a defender for an offensive foul. Those have to be catch-and-shoot in rhythm threes, especially because he showed tonight that he can make them. He’s not Walker or Harris where when he jacks up an open three you cringe. That’s just a matter of confidence and comfort that will come as his career progresses but for now it’s hard to have a guy on the floor for long stretches who is not confident enough to pull the trigger on those looks.

Again i agree Long definitely passed up 2 wide open 3s that i was yelling for him to take.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago If Cyril can’t play Sunday it is going to be embarrassing watching French abuse Jermaine.

Tyrese, HUGE game.

Incredible. Your trash talking if Harris is nothing short of pathetic.

1. Am I the only one who trashed him tonight?

2. Am I wrong?
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago Coach Cox: "I have total confidence in our training staff, hopefully they'll have (Langevine) ready for the next one."

Announcers should have asked him about Dowtin too, he was in pain just walking around middle of the 2nd half.
This is good news for me. When I heard upper body injury I was worried about a concussion but this quote makes it sound like that's not the case
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

UCH21377 wrote: 4 years ago Tough crowd tonight. Gotta take the wins any way you can get them on the road. Hope Jeff and Cyril ok. Somebody above mentioned how nerve racking it was tracking via ESPN play-by-play. I was dying waiting for updates those last30 seconds. Did Topping block the last shot?
I was thinking to myself reading the first part of your post “there is no chance this guy watched the game.” Then I got to the rest of it and it made so much more sense.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Well, here comes Optimistic Oscar...

We were without our anchor today. We played 10 minutes in the first half without Fatts. Jeff is hurt. That is 75% of our offense.

We won.

Fordham hasn’t been beat handily in quite some time. Not sure why we thought we were going to be the ones to do it without our enforcer in the paint.

Depth is an issue.

We will play up for STL.

Buckle up.

Go Rhody.

P.S. we won.

Optimistic Oscar? Weren't you the first post on the game thread saying you had a bad feeling about the game? Maybe next game keep your pre game pessimism off the board. Moriarity. Stop with the negative thoughts.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago

Tyrese, HUGE game.

2. Am I wrong?
Your constant and blatant disrespect for these players is something else. I see the posts other people here make, but you take it to a whole new level. Calling someone a “stiff”. Really? You’re name calling him like a 7th grader at recess. I hope you don’t have children of your own since you seem to love to talk about other people’s kids like they’re some kind of disappointment to you.
Last edited by Taylor Swift 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Was it reported either here or on Twitter that Jeff’s foot was bothering him this past week?

I wanna say I remember seeing it somewhere but not sure.
Last edited by Rhody15 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Go Rhody
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago David Cox is significantly below average in timeout and roster management and it almost cost us the season tonight. We live to fight another day but this team needs to play a lot smarter if they're going to have the ending we're hoping for and Cox needs to improve a lot if he's going to have the career a lot of people on here project him to have
I wouldnt go this far at all. You cant predict the Tate situation. Hammond, no offense, was a bitch and couldnt handle not getting playing time immediately. Thats 2 guys that could have played meaningful minutes. Those are not Cox's fault. The timeouts yes needs to learn how to use those better also needs to find a more consistent defensive set. But roster management dont be over critical there.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The St. Louis game would have suckkkkked. Thank God I didn't wash off my ashes.
GO RAMS
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

this win coupled with the bonnies loss puts us comfortably in the top 3.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

2. Am I wrong?
Your constant and blatant disrespect for these players is something else. I see the posts other people here make, but you take it to a whole new level. Calling someone a “stiff”. Really? I hope you don’t have children of your own since you seem to love to talk about other people’s kids like they’re some kind of disappointment to you.

Hahaha like I’m the only one who talks about this team like their a disappointment when they play bad. Yup you’re right, after all these years I’m the only one.

Blue Man called him a pile of trash (which I agreed with).

Is he, or is he not, a stiff on the basketball court?
Go Rhody
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

2. Am I wrong?
Your constant and blatant disrespect for these players is something else. I see the posts other people here make, but you take it to a whole new level. Calling someone a “stiff”. Really? I hope you don’t have children of your own since you seem to love to talk about other people’s kids like they’re some kind of disappointment to you.

Hahaha like I’m the only one who talks about this team like their a disappointment when they play bad. Yup you’re right, after all these years I’m the only one.

Blue Man called him a pile of trash (which I agreed with).

Is he, or is he not, a stiff on the basketball court?

*they’re

At least get your grammar right.
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Tyrese, HUGE game.

Go find a P5 school to root for, better yet a perineal top 15 team. Will fit you much better 🤡🤡🤡🤡
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Blue Man called the team a pile trash. He didn't single out Jermaine.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

FDshoes wrote: 4 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago David Cox is significantly below average in timeout and roster management and it almost cost us the season tonight. We live to fight another day but this team needs to play a lot smarter if they're going to have the ending we're hoping for and Cox needs to improve a lot if he's going to have the career a lot of people on here project him to have
I wouldnt go this far at all. You cant predict the Tate situation. Hammond, no offense, was a bitch and couldnt handle not getting playing time immediately. Thats 2 guys that could have played meaningful minutes. Those are not Cox's fault. The timeouts yes needs to learn how to use those better also needs to find a more consistent defensive set. But roster management dont be over critical there.
I may say a lot, but never have called a player a bitch.

Where’s the outcry over this?

But yea I’m the clown.
Go Rhody
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago The St. Louis game would have suckkkkked. Thank God I didn't wash off my ashes.
I didn’t make 7pm mass because I watched the game.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Tyrese, HUGE game.

2. Am I wrong?
Even if the underlying analysis is fair, the way you say it is so mean spirited that it makes that the only thing people focus on. It’s totally inappropriate to viciously go after, repeatedly, a kid that is playing basketball for your school and for your entertainment for free. It honestly borders on bullying and it is fucking gross.

There is a way to make this point in a non-gross way: I thought Harris was disappointing tonight when we really needed him with Cyril out, and if Cyril is out against SLU we are in big trouble because French is a problem down low. There - fair basketball analysis without any vitriol or personal attacks against one of our players.

Try to keep it more along the lines of the example I gave, because we are not under any sort of obligation to continue letting this be a platform for people to come to trash individual URI basketball players. I’m tired of it.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago The St. Louis game would have suckkkkked. Thank God I didn't wash off my ashes.

no ashes for me either. why does every catholic church have to have mass at 7? so inconsiderate.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Well, here comes Optimistic Oscar...

We won.

Depth is an issue.

We will play up for STL.

Buckle up.

Go Rhody.

P.S. we won.

Optimistic Oscar? Weren't you the first post on the game thread saying you had a bad feeling about the game? Maybe next game keep your pre game pessimism off the board. Moriarity. Stop with the negative thoughts.
My bad feeling was about the game in general. It had nothing to do with losing, but just looking bad.

The goal of my previous post was to find some of the reasons we looked like shit on Defense. I didn’t mind our offense, but getting beat from deep angers me.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

But yea I’m the clown.
Here’s your outcry: calling a college kid a “bitch” is pretty low brow.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

2. Am I wrong?
Even if the underlying analysis is fair, the way you say it is so mean spirited that it makes that the only thing people focus on. It’s totally inappropriate to viciously go after, repeatedly, a kid that is playing basketball for your school and for your entertainment for free. It honestly borders on bullying and it is fucking gross.

There is a way to make this point in a non-gross way: I thought Harris was disappointing tonight when we really needed him with Cyril out, and if Cyril is out against SLU we are in big trouble because French is a problem down low. There - fair basketball analysis without any vitriol or personal attacks against one of our players.

Try to keep it more along the lines of the example I gave, because we are not under any sort of obligation to continue letting this be a platform for people to come to trash individual URI basketball players. I’m tired of it.
He should’ve been put on probation.
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

But yea I’m the clown.

Ok yea you are right there. But i respect players who stick around and try and improve and buy into the team aspect. To many freshman nowadays run away when playing time isnt handed to them on a plate and i dont respect that.

The way you have talk abt players isnt even close to constructive criticism its just pure hatred. Many here criticized Fatts last year over playing "hero ball" but it wasnt at an asshole level like you take it daily.

Back to the game. Take the dub move on play well in front of the home crowd against St. Louis.
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Give it up man. You have every right to be dissapointed in his play, but Taylor is right, you've taken it to a sickening level. In all the years I've been on this board and the previous one, I've never seen a true fan of the Rams constantly berate a player the way you have. Just give it a rest.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Two lackluster games in a row with all that is on the line. While the injuries impacted the game tonight, I am concerned about the poor defense in this and the Davidson game. Fordham is a really bad team and we were lucky to eek out a come from behind win at the end. Recent signs are not good. Rhody is playing toward an NIT bid based on the last couple of performances.
Last edited by RF1 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

How bad we played against Fordham doesn’t impact the final score of St Louis. We could have beat Fordham by 40 and come out and lose this weekend.

Win the next.

There’s 3 games left. Win 2 of 3 + 1 in Brooklyn and I think we have a good shot. Win 3 and we’re in.

Lots of season left and 1 less landmine in our way.
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

But yea I’m the clown.
Here’s your outcry: calling a college kid a “bitch” is pretty low brow.

Agree I shouldnt have said that.

But i do stand by my opinion that he shouldnt have taken the "easy" road. Stay earn your playing time and become a better player.
Last edited by FDshoes 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

2. Am I wrong?

He should’ve been put on probation.
Unfortunately I still see the posts even though the member is on my ignore list. I am not one to repress anything from showing up on my feed so you need to be pretty mean-spirited to wind up on my blocked list.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Also, how much does winning this game on the road work in our favor?
GO RAMS
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Are you saying we won because there is no God? :twisted:
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

2. Am I wrong?

Thank you, TP. Brilliant post. This is what I mean by the name calling. It’s infantile and does not represent 99.99% of the people who post here.
class of 86
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by class of 86 »

Don Kaull said Dowtin had a bruised right foot......Harris played 17 minutes and really didn't contribute anything.I'm think this team is exhausted.....just like the St Bunnies game last year's a 10 tournament.It's s starting to look like a Jim baron esque late season swoon.....but hey....it's four days to stl.
class of 86
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by class of 86 »

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago
But did you remember to fast and abstain
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

By the way.

I hate Fordham.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

class of 86 wrote: 4 years ago Don Kaull said Dowtin had a bruised right foot......Harris played 17 minutes and really didn't contribute anything.I'm think this team is exhausted.....just like the St Bunnies game last year's a 10 tournament.It's s starting to look like a Jim baron esque late season swoon.....but hey....it's four days to stl.

a bruised right foot would not be good. doesn't sound like something you can treat. sounds more like something that will nag the rest of the way. hope that's not the real problem
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

class of 86 wrote: 4 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago

But did you remember to fast and abstain
Nope! 😀 5 years of Catholic school was enough.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 4 years ago
class of 86 wrote: 4 years ago Don Kaull said Dowtin had a bruised right foot......Harris played 17 minutes and really didn't contribute anything.I'm think this team is exhausted.....just like the St Bunnies game last year's a 10 tournament.It's s starting to look like a Jim baron esque late season swoon.....but hey....it's four days to stl.

a bruised right foot would not be good. doesn't sound like something you can treat. sounds more like something that will nag the rest of the way. hope that's not the real problem

Jeff deserves so much more than to limp to the finish line/his senior season...
Go Rhody
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I am sorry I can’t stop laughing at St Bunnies. I picture a bunch of bunnies with halos.😂

Bone bruises hurt. I’ve experienced it. Anti-inflammatory and ice and rest. All the best to Jefe in this stretch. An add to the list of Rhody greats. 💙
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

At least we have until sunday to rest him.

Good lord do we need Cyril for Hasahn French.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Tyrese, HUGE game.

Sounds like a membah of the Fryuh Faih-weatha Faithful ...
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago Also, how much does winning this game on the road work in our favor?
It doesn't. Fordham is a Q4 and they're a Q4 in Kingston or in the Bronx or on the moon. Rhody got the win, but no additional points will be awarded, I wouldn't think.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Red, your posts ever disappoint me.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago
ramster wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago How Fordham gets a 6’11 kid, we’ll never know.
Soriano chose Fordham over offers from Illinois, South Carolina, Western Kentucky, Iona, Manhattan, Stony Brook, Old Dominion, La Salle and Florida International.

"Joel's signing is a huge catalyst for our basketball program," said Neubauer. "His height, length, athleticism and strength make him a terrific prospect. Joel has proven to be an outstanding teammate on every team that we have watched him compete. "Joel is going to be an integral part of Fordham Basketball's future."

https://fordhamsports.com/news/2018/11/ ... riano.aspx

Has he announced yet who he will be transferring to??

Looking at Soriano’s Freshman year to date, he has really spurted since getting into the starting line up in the Dayton Game. Since Dayton:
@ Dayton : 32 minutes, 2-6 FG, 10 rebounds, 4 points
Richmond: 26 minutes, 2-4 FG, 9 rebounds, 6 points
@ Davidson: 22 minutes, 4-5 FG, 9 rebounds, 9 points
Duquesne: 36 minutes, 3-6 FG, 9 rebounds, 8 points
@ LaSalle: 36 minutes, 4-5 FG, 8 rebounds, 9 points
UMASS: 34 minutes, 6-11 FG, 16 rebounds, 14 points

So in last 6 games:
21-37 FG for 57%
61 rebounds = 10.2 rpg
50 points = 8.3 ppg

Not bad for a freshman who could make the A10 Freshman Team at the rate he is now producing

We don’t want him matching or exceeding his career high performance in points and rebounds from the UMASS game this past Saturday
This could be an interesting guy to watch even more now with Cyril out.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

If Cyril can’t go, I would suggest putting Dadika and Green in to use their 5 fouls on French. Kid shoots below 40% from the line!

I’m semi-kidding.
Go Rhody
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

This game would have been a loss for any non Hass/EC/Jared-led team over the past 20 years with the built-in excuses the team had going in (Cyril injury) plus during the game (Fatts foul trouble, Jeff's 2nd half injury, yadda yadda). Add in how much pressure was on the team coming off the Davidson loss and being squarely on the bubble. So I see this as an important win for this team.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

This was the ninth game of season that Harris scored 2 or less points.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago This was the ninth game of season that Harris scored 2 or less points.
I’ll refrain from comment.
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago If Cyril can’t go, I would suggest putting Dadika and Green in to use their 5 fouls on French. Kid shoots below 40% from the line!

I’m semi-kidding.
French currently 2-9 from the line with 13 minutes left.

Without looking it up, I’m pretty positive they’re by far the worst FT shooting team in the conference, French isn’t the only one who’s bad.
Go Rhody