2/22 | Davidson | 5:30PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Re: 2/22 | Davidson | 5:30PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by NC_Ram »

or ... you could say we are a 20-6 team that is now 19-7 because?? This one hurts with our tourney aspirations!
TheGhostOfDH
Abdul Fox

Unread post by TheGhostOfDH »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago

Hahahahaha ok buddy, keep thinking Jermaine Harris is the second coming.

Kid stinks, and has stunk for two years.
Let's get a few things straight. First J. Harris is a student-athlete. Second, because of that fact and your pathetic whiny criticism you come off as a major tool.
If you’re an alum, have season tickets, and donate to the program and school, you’re allowed to criticize. Which is what I’m doing.

I’m not going to sugarcoat it and play nice just because he’s on our team.

That’s what’s wrong in today’s world, everyone gets offended with literally anything negative that is said.

Let’s call a spade a spade, kid isn’t any good after people here saying he’d be a program changer.
The real problem with today’s world is the privilege to be anonymous and be given a platform to say or even purport to be whatever one wants without consequence, unchecked. Everyone has a say without repercussion. However many things are said that would never be said if one were forced to claim their statements without a mask on. That’s the real wrong with today’s world.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

I know I am going to be crucified for saying this but Cyril sucked yesterday. A lot of people consider him one of the all time big men in URI history but all timers don’t miss 10 layups in a big game. I know the stat sheet says 3-10 but there were at least 3 other misses when he was fouled on the shot that were very makeable. Cyril is shooting below 50% from the field this year. That isn’t an all timer.

Kenny Green wouldn’t have gone 3-10
Hassan Martin wouldn’t have goNe 3-10
Sly Williams wouldn’t have gone 3-10
Luther Clay would t have gone 3-10

We are talking about all layups. That is one of the biggest reasons for the lost yesterday.

We have won games before when Fatts was off but 10 layups was way too much to overcome.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Tyrese Martin strikes me as someone who does not give one single fuck whether we win or lose.
Sorry, you are completely wrong- I was at the game and there was not a single moment that he did not play his ass off. !!!!
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Unread post by NC_Ram »

McRam wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Tyrese Martin strikes me as someone who does not give one single fuck whether we win or lose.
Sorry, you are completely wrong- I was at the game and there was not a single moment that he did not play his ass off. !!!!
Totally agree!!
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Last year, URI lost its 26th game of season to Davidson. The team was then in the midst of a four game February swoon. Last night, URI again lost to Davidson in the 26th game. Is it "deja vu" all over again?
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago I know I am going to be crucified for saying this but Cyril sucked yesterday. A lot of people consider him one of the all time big men in URI history but all timers don’t miss 10 layups in a big game. I know the stat sheet says 3-10 but there were at least 3 other misses when he was fouled on the shot that were very makeable. Cyril is shooting below 50% from the field this year. That isn’t an all timer.

We are talking about all layups. That is one of the biggest reasons for the lost yesterday.

We have won games before when Fatts was off but 10 layups was way too much to overcome.
I am not making excuses for Cyril because I agree with most of what you say, however, from where I was sitting, on more than half the close in shots that Rhody had, there were obvious fouls that were not called- one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while, the travels not called on Davidson, the hammering of Fatts as he drove the lane (thinking of one non call in particular), the offensive rebounding foul called on Tyrese on a missed three from the corner, - etc etc.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago I know I am going to be crucified for saying this but Cyril sucked yesterday. A lot of people consider him one of the all time big men in URI history but all timers don’t miss 10 layups in a big game. I know the stat sheet says 3-10 but there were at least 3 other misses when he was fouled on the shot that were very makeable. Cyril is shooting below 50% from the field this year. That isn’t an all timer.

If he makes that layup in OT when we’re up 3 we win the game. I don’t understand why he’s on the perimeter so much, dribbling and trying to take His man off the dribble. His back to the basket skill set is below average, he needs to get his points off put backs, rebounds, pick and rolls right at the rim. Any time he’s asked to dribble more than 3 times it’s a nightmare.
Go Rhody
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

"one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while"

Expect two more of those at both the Bronx and Amherst.

UMass is going to be ridiculous because if you watched that Dayton game last week, they were basically playing tackle football and the refs had their backs. They are some twisted variation of a Jerry D team, where their handler keeps all of the players in line, and they just take enjoyment out of hurting the other team. And they do get away with it.

Beyond that, Fatts has got to get back on track else this season is done. He was 0-11 to start the game.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

While many (including myself) have made note of how URI has recently owned VCU in the last few years, the same could be said for Davidson owning Rhody. The Wildcats are 5-2 versus the Rams in the last three seasons. This despite the fact that URI on paper had the better team in two of the three seasons. Sometimes, it is all about the match-ups.

URI vs Davidson
2/9/2018 72-59 W H
3/2/2018 61-63 L A
3/11/2018 57-58 L N
2/6/2019 53-68 L A
2/22/2019 66-75 L H
01/08/2020 69-58 W H
02/22/2020 75-77 L A
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Well there were also like 4 big defensive possessions where they tried to post up on Cyril and he required no help defense and easily blocked the shot....we are going to miss him
Last edited by gorhody89 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Clapton is God
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

I am not making excuses for Cyril because I agree with most of what you say, however, from where I was sitting, on more than half the close in shots that Rhody had, there were obvious fouls that were not called- one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while, the travels not called on Davidson, the hammering of Fatts as he drove the lane (thinking of one non call in particular), the offensive rebounding foul called on Tyrese on a missed three from the corner, - etc etc.
Cyril just doesn’t have any lift, which is one reason he misses so many bunnies. The other is that he gets hammered just about every time.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago While many (including myself) have made note of how URI has recently owned VCU in the last few years, the same could be said for Davidson owning Rhody. The Wildcats are 5-2 versus the Rams in the last three seasons. This despite the fact that URI on paper had the better team in two of the three seasons. Sometimes, it is all about the match-ups.

URI vs Davidson
2/9/2018 72-59 W H
3/2/2018 61-63 L A
3/11/2018 57-58 L N
2/6/2019 53-68 L A
2/22/2019 66-75 L H
01/08/2020 69-58 W H
02/22/2020 75-77 L A
Yeah I personally would like to see us send a full court press their way and see how they handle it....Why make it easy on them and let them get into their half court offense which is what they do well? Need to take better advantage of how much more athletic we are
Clapton is God
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I rarely if ever call out the refs, bc most of the time their mistakes are fairly balanced on either side and rarely impact the final score.
But yesterday that wasn't the case. They seemed to get the benefit of the doubt on multiple 50/50 calls ie the goaltend, or some travels. But the egregious call was not calling the over the back on JAG vs Tyrese when we were up 1 in OT and in the double bonus. Would have sent Tyrese to the line for 2 and chance to extend the lead.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

URI gets way too many fouls called screening the ball and even away from the ball.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
URIFIJI
Kenny Green

Unread post by URIFIJI »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago I rarely if ever call out the refs, bc most of the time their mistakes are fairly balanced on either side and rarely impact the final score.
But yesterday that wasn't the case. They seemed to get the benefit of the doubt on multiple 50/50 calls ie the goaltend, or some travels. But the egregious call was not calling the over the back on JAG vs Tyrese when we were up 1 in OT and in the double bonus. Would have sent Tyrese to the line for 2 and chance to extend the lead.
Totally Agree on this one. He was laying on Martins back for like 1-2 secs. No call - there was no whistle and it took Tyrese a moment to stand up straight and pass the ball.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Terrible non call that was very obvious. What the hell could the 3 referees have been looking at?
Gotta bounce back and win 3 out of the final 4.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Seawrightspostgame wrote: 4 years ago URI gets way too many fouls called screening the ball and even away from the ball.
Agree, even on Fatts tie ing 3 pt shot, Walker was pushing the envelope. This should be pretty simple.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Unfortunately, this was my first in person game this season.

I really could not believe the difference between the Davidson and Rhody warmups.

Davidsonwas very disciplined, practiced what they do during the game, did their stretching on the court etc.

I watch Rhody and all I see is Toppin and Walker trying to do highlight film dunks, Fatts is not hitting anything, but instead of someone feeding him shots, I watch the walk ons taking three's. Cyril practicing jump shots instead of different kinds of layups.

Harris is walking through his practice shots, certainly not moving in game speed.

Dowtin, is the exception- he is practicing his short range jumpers etc.

I thought the accepted principle was to practice what you were going to do in the game???????

Has this been routine in all pre-game warmups?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

McRam wrote: 4 years ago Unfortunately, this was my first in person game this season.

I really could not believe the difference between the Davidson and Rhody warmups.

Davidsonwas very disciplined, practiced what they do during the game, did their stretching on the court etc.

I watch Rhody and all I see is Toppin and Walker trying to do highlight film dunks, Fatts is not hitting anything, but instead of someone feeding him shots, I watch the walk ons taking three's. Cyril practicing jump shots instead of different kinds of layups.

Harris is walking through his practice shots, certainly not moving in game speed.

I thought the accepted principle was to practice what you were going to do in the game???????

Yes

Russell is usually seen shooting many shots from halfcourt or 10 feet in front of the halfcourt line. Was the same when URI played Davidson in January. Davidson was very structured in their warm up drills, we are just the opposite of Davidson.
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

McRam wrote: 4 years ago Unfortunately, this was my first in person game this season.

Unfortunately, yes. I'm there every game when the doors open. This is the routine every game.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......I think we have been down this road before, regarding the take the floor home/away routine of this team, not sure what if anything it amounts to other than coaches styles and our preferences are often not in sync......what we do during this pre-game time is not my cup of tea, but I am old school when it comes to this......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Dear God, not the warm up talks again.

Let me try this again.

The kids normally starting shooting around and doing drills at least 90 minutes before the tip.

They do stretches, Cyril works on post moves, Fatts shoots all the way around the key until he makes a shot from every spot, Jeff works on his mid range, and the other kids often are working together on a range of drills.

The warms are used for them to loosen up and have a little fun. Not only for them, but for some fans.

It’s simple.

Stop reading so much into that.

If you don’t believe me. Show up 90+ minutes before tip.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote: 4 years ago URI gets way too many fouls called screening the ball and even away from the ball.
the one on walker...i think in OT...when they chose not to foul early in the shot clock was a killer. blame cox for that one because walker had shown no reason he should have been in the game ahead of toppin at that point.

edit...sorry...i think you may have been talking about offensive fouls.
Last edited by RhodyRam86 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I’m surprised there’s not someone here trying to inspect what they’re eating at the dining hall for cripes sake. “Oh he had ranch dressing, should have had the balsamic!”
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago I’m surprised there’s not someone here trying to inspect what they’re eating at the dining hall for cripes sake. “Oh he had ranch dressing, should have had the balsamic!”

well...of course...if they did have ranch dressing it would explain a lot. duh!
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Dear God, not the warm up talks again.

Let me try this again.

The kids normally starting shooting around and doing drills at least 90 minutes before the tip.

They do stretches, Cyril works on post moves, Fatts shoots all the way around the key until he makes a shot from every spot, Jeff works on his mid range, and the other kids often are working together on a range of drills.

The warms are used for them to loosen up and have a little fun. Not only for them, but for some fans.

It’s simple.

I DID!!!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Let me try this again.

It’s simple.

I DID!!!
As was I, and as always, they did just what I explained.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago I’m surprised there’s not someone here trying to inspect what they’re eating at the dining hall for cripes sake. “Oh he had ranch dressing, should have had the balsamic!”

well...of course...if they did have ranch dressing it would explain a lot. duh!
I really love ranch dressing. My mom always had Hidden Valley Ranch for us in the fridge.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

Let me try this again.

It’s simple.

I DID!!!
As was I, and as always, they did just what I explained.
I think DC_Rams that you are exasperated by McRams observations, but consider this was McRams first game of the season being live and therefore 1.5 hours before tip off. He lives in NC bus was generous enough to offer 2 tickets to the Davidson URI game for free. I thought about taking him up on it but could not work out to be free this past weekend.

Since McRam admitted he has not attended any other games, obviously he would not have seen warm ups since this is not shown in TV or streaming. So the question is relevant and I don’t think as stupid as seems to be portrayed by several here.

URI warms up different than most teams and from most previous URI teams. No need to be so defensive about it, as you are others who came to pile on McRam in a joking manner are being.

Davidson is the opposite of URI’s warm up Methodology. They are simply different. Which is better? Not sure it matters. Ultimately the Head Coach’s performance is measured by results: Win-Lose Record, A10 Tournament Performance, NCAA Tournament Performance.

As noted by McRam, Jeff Dowtin practiced shots he would typically take in a game. Some others did not. Ultimately each player is measured in his individually performance and team results.

Personally I prefer the structured McKillop pregame structured approach. But ultimately it’s the results of the team that count. It’s David Cox’ call.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Observations on the defense:
  • Grady played all 45 minutes and played very tough defense on Russell. Despite the high pressure defense Russell never once went to the FT line, unusual for him especially considering the tenacious Grady defense. Russell finished 3-17 shooting with a lot of Grady pressure.
  • Russell Fouled out in OT but didn’t pick up his first foul until 5 minutes remaining in the 2nd half. He picked up his 4th and 5th fouls in OT.
  • While Grady covered Russell the whole game, Russell covered Gudmunsson it appeared to me. I plan to rewatch the game today to see the coverages again. I’m not sure if Russell was on Gudmunsson the entire game or not. Gudmunsson ended with 23 points and 12 rebounds going 11-14 FTs. Seemed odd that the man to man coverages would be different between the two teams
  • Langevine battled inside like the typical warrior he is. He ended with only 3 fouls. Would have lived him in more minutes as he only played 37. Let him foul out. He was effective on FTs hitting 8-11. Dowtin was a perfect 8-8 on FTs. Langevine had 3 blocks, 3 assists, 1 steal and only 1 TO. 14 points and 11 rebounds in another double double that we almost now take for granted. He altered shots and intimidated inside as well
  • Jeff Dowtin’s block on Gudmunsson as time expired in the 2nd half was a thing of beauty similar to the infamous Stanford Robinson block. Dowtin seemingly came out of nowhere as Gudmunsson and the Belk Arena fans must have thought the game was over. Gudmunsson like Grady, played the entire 45 minutes
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

the one on walker...i think in OT...when they chose not to foul early in the shot clock was a killer. blame cox for that one because walker had shown no reason he should have been in the game ahead of toppin at that point.

I thought the ball off the foot was a crucial turnover for URI. The replay showed it looked like the ball went off the Davidson player foot. Ball went into the backcourt, Dowtin picked it up and Davidson got the ball on backcourt violation. Ref thought the ball went off a URI foot.
Shouldn’t that have been a “kicked ball”?
I guess Refs can’t go to replay unless less than 2 minutes left in game. Is a ball off the foot even reviewable ever?
Should college basketball be like NFL where a coach can throw the red flag for a replay?
It was hard to see the ball off the Davidson foot but it’s a shame that one got missed at a crucial time.

Also are replays allowed for the entire OT? Or just the last 2 minutes of OT?
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

CL has improved in many ways and he is obviously a beast on the boards, high motor low post players are always a good thing. His passing/recognition has improved greatly, but yeah he's not great around the rim offensively. Like any other player in development, he has his strengths and his weaknesses. More of the former than the latter, so net gain, but not without room for improvement. CBB is a forum for players to improve their skills. CL was a fouling, turnover machine for almost two seasons, he has improved in those areas and has become a top A10 front court guy, it took some time, patience and work. He's put in the effort and it's much appreciated. Harris is in a similar situation, watch him bloom over the next couple of seasons. Mark my words.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

I thought the ball off the foot was a crucial turnover for URI. The replay showed it looked like the ball went off the Davidson player foot. Ball went into the backcourt, Dowtin picked it up and Davidson got the ball on backcourt violation.
I guess Refs can’t go to replay unless less than 2 minutes left in game. Is a ball off the foot even reviewable ever?
Should college basketball be like NFL where a coach can throw the red flag for a replay?
It was hard to see the ball off the Davidson foot but it’s a shame that one got missed at a crucial time.
ramster...i know the play you are referring to. initially i though martin kicked it, but i concede it may have been kicked by davidson. to be honest, i didn't rewind the tape to study it. as you know...i don't get hung up on officiating. i think they are part of the game and you live and die with their calls. players make mistakes...refs make mistakes and i think they go both ways so i'm not going to get hung up on individual calls throughout the game.

i'm also not a big fan of replay...primarily because i think it works correctly about half the time in the NFL/NBA and when it doesn't work it is even more frustrating. but, to your point..if they initiated something where a coach could throw a red flag...i guess i'd be okay with it. and that play certainly would have qualified as questionable...just not sure the call would have been overturned.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I thought the ball off the foot was a crucial turnover for URI. The replay showed it looked like the ball went off the Davidson player foot. Ball went into the backcourt, Dowtin picked it up and Davidson got the ball on backcourt violation.
ramster...i know the play you are referring to. initially i though martin kicked it, but i concede it may have been kicked by davidson. to be honest, i didn't rewind the tape to study it. as you know...i don't get hung up on officiating. i think they are part of the game and you live and die with their calls. players make mistakes...refs make mistakes and i think they go both ways so i'm not going to get hung up on individual calls throughout the game.

i'm also not a big fan of replay...primarily because i think it works correctly about half the time in the NFL/NBA and when it doesn't work it is even more frustrating. but, to your point..if they initiated something where a coach could throw a red flag...i guess i'd be okay with it. and that play certainly would have qualified as questionable...just not sure the call would have been overturned.
I’m with you. I think in the end the calls even out. Refs are going to miss calls, they are human. I’ve reffed before. I know a guy very well who reffed high level High School for a very long time. He often said, even to players in games “I only make two kinds of calls - those I see and those I don’t see”. He thought he was so clever with that saying and always laughed about it. He used to tell the players on the court that too. But bottom Line he enjoyed refereeing and tried to keep a good rapport with the players and coaches. He passed away now but I think the he valued in his life God and family first, refereeing basketball second and his job 3rd.

I would like to see the referees have the decision making ability to review a call like that ball off the players foot. At first I thought it was off URI but in replay it looked like a Davidson player foot. BUT, there are disadvantages of replay. Coaches would be screaming for Refs to review many, many calls.

That ball off the foot just bothered me. Not blaming the refs, it was a very hard one to see, but are there any options whereby something like that could be relooked at.

Again, I’m with you on blaming Refs. No way is there a Ref bias against URI whether that is at Davidson, St Joseph’s, Fordham, Umass, or evening at the Ryan Center.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.....IMHO, the college game is difficult as it is for officials now, adding more replay, red flags, adding a fourth official, etc etc, would just cause more interruptions to the flow of the game.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yes, you are probably right, it’s just that the ball off the Davidson players foot at a critical time was a good one for review. The ref is human, it was hard to see, URI got called for a back court violation. Dowtin’s reaction was clear that it was off the Davidson foot. I say that because Dowtin does not complain about Ref calls very often like some players do.
It’s too bad Refs can’t ask for help for themselves if they do choose to.
I totally get the game delay though. I don’t know if there is a solution other than just live with the call.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago CL has improved in many ways and he is obviously a beast on the boards, high motor low post players are always a good thing. His passing/recognition has improved greatly, but yeah he's not great around the rim offensively. Like any other player in development, he has his strengths and his weaknesses. More of the former than the latter, so net gain, but not without room for improvement. CBB is a forum for players to improve their skills. CL was a fouling, turnover machine for almost two seasons, he has improved in those areas and has become a top A10 front court guy, it took some time, patience and work. He's put in the effort and it's much appreciated. Harris is in a similar situation, watch him bloom over the next couple of seasons. Mark my words.
at this point in his development, harris is no where near where CL was even in his early games as a freshman. I always felt CL did everything well, even his moves in the low post...kid just has a hard time finishing. But agree...he does so many other things at such a superior level (mainly defense without fouling, rebounding and endless energy) that I would take him on my team every day of the week. I will never question his heart.

maybe harris turns into something. he's got a long way to go.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Observations on the defense:
  • Langevine battled inside like the typical warrior he is. He ended with only 3 fouls. Would have lived him in more minutes as he only played 37. Let him foul out.
He basically did. He sat with just under eight minutes left in the first half, then got a quick blow before the under-12 timeout in the second half.

And, no, you don't leave him in with two fouls in the first half -- he could pick up No. 3 and even No. 4 in the blink of an eye.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I thought the ball off the foot was a crucial turnover for URI. The replay showed it looked like the ball went off the Davidson player foot. Ball went into the backcourt, Dowtin picked it up and Davidson got the ball on backcourt violation. Ref thought the ball went off a URI foot.

It’s only a kick ball if it’s intentional.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

It’s only a kick ball if it’s intentional.

true story....but if it was off the davidson player's foot, it should not have been a back court violation
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago I rarely if ever call out the refs, bc most of the time their mistakes are fairly balanced on either side and rarely impact the final score.
I agree with all of the above, especially after watching the game again last night and using replay. The goaltending wasn't even a question, as the ball was clearly coming down. What I have always noticed about Grady is his penchant for traveling, but it's rarely called.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The missed goaltending call was just awful clear goaltending

I remember that back court violation was that the proper call ??
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The result of this game still pisses me off. Despite trying, I just can't shake it.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago CL has improved in many ways and he is obviously a beast on the boards, high motor low post players are always a good thing. His passing/recognition has improved greatly, but yeah he's not great around the rim offensively. Like any other player in development, he has his strengths and his weaknesses. More of the former than the latter, so net gain, but not without room for improvement. CBB is a forum for players to improve their skills. CL was a fouling, turnover machine for almost two seasons, he has improved in those areas and has become a top A10 front court guy, it took some time, patience and work. He's put in the effort and it's much appreciated. Harris is in a similar situation, watch him bloom over the next couple of seasons. Mark my words.
Here's what I say about CL, with how good he is defensively and with his motor if he was a polished offensive player he never would have ended up at Rhody. He would have been a high 4 star recruit and gone to the big boys. Can't fault the kid at all he makes up for it in so many other ways.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

CL did well from the line other day too
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I'm not going to blame the refs too badly b/c we should have played better, but Davidson got away with a lot. The backcourt that wasn't, the goaltending that wasn't, a couple of fouls that should have gone the other way, and consistently allowing Davidson to travel were all atrocious and prohibited them from gaining any momentum once the lead was cut down to 1/we took a small lead.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I thought the calls were even. No advantage to either team.

We lost this game.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Yeah , I think the worst most obvious non call was the Davidson player landing on the back of Tyrese on the missed free throw . Tyrese had to practically
throw the player off his back while earlier Toppin was called for an over the back where there was little or no contact . Not sure why they felt they should let the fouling of Tyrese go as a non call . There was clearly more than incidental contact on the play.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago The result of this game still pisses me off. Despite trying, I just can't shake it.

I feel the same way

Gonna take me awhile to get out of my funk