Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

steviep123 wrote: 5 years ago For the band them (and really most other bands in the country) need to take cues and lessons from the VCU and George Mason's bands, arguably the best around.
Exactly what I’ve been thinking for the past few years. VCU plays some some fire songs.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 5 years ago For the band them (and really most other bands in the country) need to take cues and lessons from the VCU and George Mason's bands, arguably the best around.
Exactly what I’ve been thinking for the past few years. VCU plays some some fire songs.
The band just got new leadership this season. They’ve focused more on cleaning up the songs they have before they start throwing new ones in.

Sounds 200% better than last year.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Good news from last night debacle?

Huge agree w BlueMan band sounded great last night.

Big thanks to EZBuckets and the spirit staff (ramettes) for bringing the tee shirt toss upstairs to get around SK rule of no shooting/tossing stuff upstairs. My wife snagged a sweet tee shirt with a nice catch - Ok from 10 feet away :)

She was pretty excited!
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......how long will it be before we see the baby race in the RC?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

I decided last night not to buy from any advertiser that is on the ribbon around the gym that blocks stats that I want to see during timeouts and free throws. They have lost my business until they tell marketing to fix it. I’ll cut my own trees down before I buy lumber again.

On another note, GM had a pretty impressive first 15 minutes- the stat ribbon showed them with 100 assists and 56 rebounds. As bad as we were playing it was almost half way believable :lol: :lol:
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

Great message to send to sponsors. We don't want to see your ads displayed during the game, and therefore we won't purchase your products or services because you block out the stats. We don't care that money generated from your ads helps fund the many non revenue generating sports at the University. I freely admit that I post on this board, many times, tongue in cheek hoping to get a rise. I'm very serious here. This is pure lunacy. If not from sponsorships, from where is corporate money raised?
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Wow, someone openly admitting they just troll on here. Bold move Cotton
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

If that is what you got out of my post, then you are a bigger idiot than the poster who suggested boycotting loyal sponsors.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

You said you don't post seriously so you can get a rise out of people. That's trolling. Sorry you're not smarter and don't know that
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

cRAM4finals wrote: 5 years ago I decided last night not to buy from any advertiser that is on the ribbon around the gym that blocks stats that I want to see during timeouts and free throws. They have lost my business until they tell marketing to fix it. I’ll cut my own trees down before I buy lumber again.

On another note, GM had a pretty impressive first 15 minutes- the stat ribbon showed them with 100 assists and 56 rebounds. As bad as we were playing it was almost half way believable :lol: :lol:
I had not the best of experiences with a sandwich from one of the sponsors, would never write the place off, but have just been hesitant to go back for the time being. Other than that I will continue to give business to sponsors. Especially MOB, CGH, and Mews. The ribbon board is a HUGE revenue generator. Cannot understand seeing it any other way.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

hrstrat57 wrote: 5 years ago Good news from last night debacle?

Big thanks to EZBuckets and the spirit staff (ramettes) for bringing the tee shirt toss upstairs to get around SK rule of no shooting/tossing stuff upstairs. My wife snagged a sweet tee shirt with a nice catch - Ok from 10 feet away :)

She was pretty excited!
Wait. The town of SK had an ordinance about that? Sounds more like something Narragansett would want to do rather than SK. :lol:
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

She was pretty excited!
Wait. The town of SK had an ordinance about that? Sounds more like something Narragansett would want to do rather than SK. :lol:
TS I think the worry issue was folks would lean over the rail to try and grab a short ball (or tee shirt) pretty sure EZBuckets has explained the restrictions before-thus the spirit squad visit upstairs to toss a few.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

hrstrat57 wrote: 5 years ago

She was pretty excited!
TS I think the worry issue was folks would lean over the rail to try and grab a short ball (or tee shirt) pretty sure EZBuckets has explained the restrictions before-thus the spirit squad visit upstairs to toss a few.
The RC has a pretty steep drop in the upper level compared to some other facilities, so it's no joke since people have gotten severely injured at other places trying to reach for things.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

The Josh Hamilton incident comes to mind
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Obviously we want and need sponsors. The more the merrier, and the more they pay, the better. We SHOULD have that. I don't think anyone would say we really shouldn't. But...good grief...we SHOULD be able to see some stats during a freekn foul shot delay. You shouldn't have to be pulling out your phone, so that you can get nowhere with the crappy wi-fi, to try to get a glance at stats.

There has to be a way to have sponsors and stats somewhere, anywhere -at the same time - it's not rocket surgery. This is silly to even have to talk about that it's a CHOICE. This should be an "and" thing, not an "or" thing. Jeepers...think big. What actually makes it a tiny bit sillier on top is...during the game, the stat display isn't even that great then either...
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rocket surgery :lol: lmao. That's a good one 208. But I do agree with what you say.
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 5 years ago If that is what you got out of my post, then you are a bigger idiot than the poster who suggested boycotting loyal sponsors.
Quite a stretch to say I suggested I suggested that others boycott sponsors. And yes, I was a little tongue in cheek to make a point.

Sponsors do have a say however. And they should suggest/ request that their business is prominently displayed while leaving a little room to enhance the fan experience.

And I don’t think I have been called an idiot in over 20 years. You da man.
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

No more Alex and Ani court?
BankRI now?!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

The BankRI ads are straight ass because of the white background. Looks like clownshoes
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

How do you change the name of the court and not even announce anything about it?
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea I don’t mind the marketing on the court, but the white is blinding. Seems temporary.
GO RAMS
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Almost looks like tape
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 5 years ago How do you change the name of the court and not even announce anything about it?
.......just guessing here, maybe just changing the sponsor of the floor add, not anything related to “naming” the court......like the ——————court?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

whatever happened to....frog man?
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

section(105) wrote: 5 years ago
adam914 wrote: 5 years ago How do you change the name of the court and not even announce anything about it?
.......just guessing here, maybe just changing the sponsor of the floor add, not anything related to “naming” the court......like the ——————court?
In 2013 Alex and Ani bought the naming rights. Maybe their time is up?
http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/ ... 10_AAcourt
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

How about we have it named Coach Keaney Court or Frank Keaney Court?
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

steviep123 wrote: 5 years ago How about we have it named Coach Keaney Court or Frank Keaney Court?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
steviep123
Sly Williams

Rhodyram wrote: 5 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 5 years ago How about we have it named Coach Keaney Court or Frank Keaney Court?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
You could have the "Frank Keaney Floor on BankRI Court".... ugly I know...but you can give someone naming rights for money and still honor Keaney.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

At first, I thought I was hallucinating saying, "how did I not notice this BANKRI sign on the court the entire season". I'm not sad to see it not be the Alex + Ani court anymore as I thought it sounded cheesy. We are not about cheese here. Something seems a bit off to me - midseason pull? I had heard the company was "growing" and moving from Cranston to Providence, but I hardly see anyone wearing those 3 cent bracelets anymore. Still have about 15 of them sitting in a drawer in my closet. SMH.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago At first, I thought I was hallucinating saying, "how did I not notice this BANKRI sign on the court the entire season". I'm not sad to see it not be the Alex + Ani court anymore as I thought it sounded cheesy. We are not about cheese here. Something seems a bit off to me - midseason pull? I had heard the company was "growing" and moving from Cranston to Providence, but I hardly see anyone wearing those 3 cent bracelets anymore. Still have about 15 of them sitting in a drawer in my closet. SMH.
I had the same thought last night - "did this just change to BankRI, or did I not notice it before?" Of course, I'm pretty unobservant sometimes, so it could have been the latter. LOL.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

steviep123 wrote: 5 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago At first, I thought I was hallucinating saying, "how did I not notice this BANKRI sign on the court the entire season". I'm not sad to see it not be the Alex + Ani court anymore as I thought it sounded cheesy. We are not about cheese here. Something seems a bit off to me - midseason pull? I had heard the company was "growing" and moving from Cranston to Providence, but I hardly see anyone wearing those 3 cent bracelets anymore. Still have about 15 of them sitting in a drawer in my closet. SMH.
I had the same thought last night - "did this just change to BankRI, or did I not notice it before?" Of course, I'm pretty unobservant sometimes, so it could have been the latter. LOL.

I'd be interested to see if it comes out as to why the change happened in mid-January? Assuming the white background was a quick fix? Maybe they have to order it with the plain wood background from the company in Ohio that made the court?
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Last night was the first time I noticed it. It difficult to miss is thats for SURE.
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I did a Google news search on Alex & Ani and pretty much EVERYTHING is talking about how the company is "expanding" and "growing". Didn't dare click on the GoLocalProv article. I'll never read their garbage journalism ever again, "Staff Writer".
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

URI grad Giovanni Feroce was still the CEO of Alex and Ani (left Mar/2014) when the Ryan Center deal was first struck back in 2013. He likes sports (he also owned the semi-pro RI Sky chiefs that had several former Rhody players) and really knew how to spend money. Would not be surprised that the deal expired and there was no corporate interest in extending it. Company Founder and President Carolyn Rafaelian graduated from Prout and did two years at URI before transferring elsewhere. I don't think she is however much into sports. She is very much into the new age movement.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago URI grad Giovanni Feroce was still the CEO of Alex and Ani (left Mar/2014) when the Ryan Center deal was first struck back in 2013. He likes sports (he also owned the semi-pro RI Sky chiefs that had several former Rhody players) and really knew how to spend money. Would not be surprised that the deal expired and there was no corporate interest in extending it. Company Founder and President Carolyn Rafaelian graduated from Prout and did two years at URI before transferring elsewhere. I don't think she is however much into sports. She is very much into the new age movement.

I was aware of both of those aspects but not full details. Feroce went onto Benrus, which failed. He was trying to make it the “new Michael Kors”. A mid-season drop of a flier name change is just interesting to say the least.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 5 years ago whatever happened to....frog man?
Ms Frog happened :D He is still at the games. Just not in the Frog costume
“We will be good when we are good.”
steviep123
Sly Williams

Ighy, is the frogman podcast still happening?
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Once again one of the two pubs is closed for a private party. No love for season ticket holders/alums
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Iggy1979 wrote: 5 years ago Once again one of the two pubs is closed for a private party. No love for season ticket holders/alums
........find a Alumni Louge person and go in as guest.....?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

How about they have a separate area for private parties
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Or we just all pitch in and rent one out each game
NPC602019
Zach "1 and Done" Marbury

Unread post by NPC602019 »

I can assure you the Rhody's Pep Band is working diligently to give the fans what they want; spirit, power, good musicianship and some fresh new tunes.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

NPC602019 wrote: 5 years ago
I can assure you the Rhody's Pep Band is working diligently to give the fans what they want; spirit, power, good musicianship and some fresh new tunes.
I’ve noticed a definite improvement in the band this year. I especially like how it faces the stands at times to engage the students.
Last edited by Rhody74 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Was the band playing Thriller last night? Thought I heard it.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago Was the band playing Thriller last night? Thought I heard it.
I heard that and Call Me Al.

Would love Mo Bamba :-)
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

The band was great. But what caught me off guard was Rhody out there at mid court busting moves. I think people were actually stunned because there was not much reaction. But, if we are staying with this mascot, we need more of that!!!! Reminded me of old Rhody!!!!
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

York was his typical horrible self. Nearly swallowing the mic on a few occasions. :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Anyone notice the new student Chant? Fire new chant in what 20 years?
GO RAMS
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

What was the chant ?
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago The band was great. But what caught me off guard was Rhody out there at mid court busting moves. I think people were actually stunned because there was not much reaction. But, if we are staying with this mascot, we need more of that!!!! Reminded me of old Rhody!!!!
He was awesome!