11/28 | Brown Bears | 7PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: 11/28 Brown

Unread post by bigappleram »

Rhodysk wrote: 5 years ago I would like to see a lot more out of Harris.
When he has the ball you think it was a grenade he looks lost with the ball in his hands
Agree we need more of Harris, but he looked very good on the PnR and finish. Our guys have to look for him more
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Fatts just had possibly the worst 2-play sequence of his career. Almost as painful as that young woman who makes announcements. :mrgreen:
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

I think fatts needs to come off the bench the next few games.. he can still play 26-30 mins a game but not as a starter. His speed coming off the bench after the first timeout could help him get going.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

#0 is looking good!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I have confidence that Fatts can find his sea legs and be a huge factor for this team, as we all expected. But I’m getting worried that the fans are going to turn on him and/or he’s going to lose confidence and go into the tank before that happens. He’s clearly talented enough to impact the game, but he’s got to figure out how he can do that in a more efficient way than just forcing it by sheer will. When I started writing this he was 2-7 (.286) from the floor, the rest of the team was 10-21 (.476). Some of that is OK, but when that guy is taking the lion’s share of the shots it’s a problem.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Harris looks good
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea Harris, boo 3 pointers
GO RAMS
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Fitting ending for Fatts :cry:
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Fatts WTF
GO RAMS
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 5 years agoFatts WTF
I want to see Fatts FTW!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

As I coach I gotta have a layup off a steal.

Basic basketball I gotta have 2 points there.....looks like it won’t matter but 2 points there is a dagger.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Harris is looking comfortable each possession
603RunninRams
Jim Eitner

Unread post by 603RunninRams »

Harris is looking awesome! Great big boy move in the post and awesome touch on that baby hook. We need Martin to come around next. He’s got the size and ability to be what we’re missing offensively. Just gotta be patient while the frosh catch up to the speed of the game. It’s coming..
Fatts needs to chill, he’s got the yips right now. Shooters shoot through, but maybe take some confidence boosting shots instead. That dunk attempt😵😵😪
URI '08
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

That last possession was horrible on so many levels. Not sure what Fatts was trying to do there, he was 40 ft from the basket with 5 seconds on the clock then forces an off balance contested 3 with no chance at a rebound/putback. Cox needs to call a timeout in that situation and set up a play, rookie coaching mistake there.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago I have confidence that Fatts can find his sea legs and be a huge factor for this team, as we all expected. But I’m getting worried that the fans are going to turn on him and/or he’s going to lose confidence and go into the tank before that happens. He’s clearly talented enough to impact the game, but he’s got to figure out how he can do that in a more efficient way than just forcing it by sheer will. When I started writing this he was 2-7 (.286) from the floor, the rest of the team was 10-21 (.476). Some of that is OK, but when that guy is taking the lion’s share of the shots it’s a problem.
If you're at the game you can see his confidence is low.. So become more of a defender and facilitator until the offense hopefully comes.. He is looking more and more like a selfish player.. Unacceptable.. Give me more Harris..
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Is Fatts drunk?
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Fatts looked good taking it to the hole and using Harris on some roles. Keep doing that. Let Thompson Shoot.
GO RAMS
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago I have confidence that Fatts can find his sea legs and be a huge factor for this team, as we all expected. But I’m getting worried that the fans are going to turn on him and/or he’s going to lose confidence and go into the tank before that happens. He’s clearly talented enough to impact the game, but he’s got to figure out how he can do that in a more efficient way than just forcing it by sheer will. When I started writing this he was 2-7 (.286) from the floor, the rest of the team was 10-21 (.476). Some of that is OK, but when that guy is taking the lion’s share of the shots it’s a problem.
Updating this, Fatts finished the half 2-10 (.200), the rest of the team was 11-25 (.440). Fatts took the most shots (along with Cyril, who was 5-10); Jeff took only two shots - two threes, which he missed. Jeff has to be more assertive and Fatts has to defer a little more; a big part of that obviously is Fatts just has the ball in his hands way too much compared to Jeff, who should be the primary ball handler/facilitator. I love Fatts; I’m not trying to get on the guy, but for his own good as well as the team this situation has to change.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Fatts needs to drive first and let the threes come to him instead of forcing it
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

And this is why you don't have kids doing the main video broadcast - they are now going on about how Dowtin only played 8 minutes, and inferring he is being rested for Saturday's big game. Umm, he had 2 fouls, he was subbed in and out for that reason. Get professionals to do the TV feed please.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Jeff getting those fouls early enabled Fatts to play more minutes. Omar is a step slow on defense so I think keeping Fatts in is fine, but we need him to defer more.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

We shot 15% from 3 in the half. That's 15% better than Fatts. :shock:
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Fatts....lololol
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

More Harris please!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I think Fatts has already lost confidence. I also wonder if his new role of having to be the main guy, as compared to last year when he was a complimentary sparkplug off the bench, is affecting him. I thought he would embrace the role.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Hell yeah! Harris is having himself a game!!
Ramrod
Kenny Green

Unread post by Ramrod »

We shoulda been up 20 at half.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ram1980 wrote: 5 years ago
If you're at the game you can see his confidence is low.. So become more of a defender and facilitator until the offense hopefully comes.. He is looking more and more like a selfish player.. Unacceptable.. Give me more Harris..
I don’t see how his confidence could be anything but low right now. I just don’t want it to go off a cliff. Nothing is harder as a basketball player or as a person than when you want something badly and you know you can do it and you feel you’ve put in the work and you don’t get the results. That’s where he’s at right now. Has to fight thru it, but needs to be smart about it.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

JERMAINE!!!!!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I think I'm gonna change my sigtag to something related to my new Binky, Jermaine. :P
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I’m at the game, I think Jeff is under the weather. Dry mouth and fatigue. Overheard the coaches checking on him a few times.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Great to see Jermaine break out tonight.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Harris coming out party.

Jeff/Fatts: 3-18, 13 pts, 6 assists
Cyril/Harris: 12-18, 30 pts, 18 rbs

Cyril Langevine is a man. I feel like some people here have been a little tough on because of turnovers (of all things for a big man?), but the dude is dominating.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Jeff getting those fouls early enabled Fatts to play more minutes. Omar is a step slow on defense so I think keeping Fatts in is fine, but we need him to defer more.
I agree Omar is slow on D but Fatts isn’t a good defensive player.
If you are looking for your best D it is with Jeff at PG and Thompson at SG.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Keep feeding the post.. they are hungry tonight
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Every possession you can find Fatts pulling up his baggy arm and leg sleeves. TAKE THEM OFF AND FOCUS ON THE GAME!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Jeff getting those fouls early enabled Fatts to play more minutes. Omar is a step slow on defense so I think keeping Fatts in is fine, but we need him to defer more.

Fatts has quick hands and is disruptive. Not bad defense, but not great either.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago Harris coming out party.

Jeff/Fatts: 3-18, 13 pts, 6 assists
Cyril/Harris: 12-18, 30 pts, 18 rbs

Cyril Langevine is a man. I feel like some people here have been a little tough on because of turnovers (of all things for a big man?), but the dude is dominating.
Cyril has a tall order with the big fella from WVU in a couple weeks. I love what I’m seeing out of him, and his mistakes are excusable because he plays HARD.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Every possession you can find Fatts pulling up his baggy arm and leg sleeves. TAKE THEM OFF AND FOCUS ON THE GAME!
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Preston bringing it late! Good job fella.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago

Disagree. He goes for the steal and gets beat. Watch the Stoney Brook game and see how many times his player beat him to the basket. A Fr for Charleston used him too.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I'll take it, on to PC. Key to the game=Big Men in the paint.
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Fatts has been injured the last two games (leg). Not use to seeing him miss on his drives.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Disagree. He goes for the steal and gets beat. Watch the Stoney Brook game and see how many times his player beat him to the basket. A Fr for Charleston used him too.
That’s going to happen when you play 36 minutes. I don’t think you are being realistic.
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Cyril is a MAN...19 and 17

Fatts needs to stop over playing everything and forcing himself to be the key on offense.

He's taking bad shots, rushing and not playing in the flow right now.

He needs to step back, focus on creating and let his own offense happen naturally. Classic case of trying to do too much too quick
Last edited by Da_Process_Survivor 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Fatts has been injured the last two games (leg). Not use to seeing him miss on his drives.
No he hasn’t.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Fatts has been injured the last two games (leg). Not use to seeing him miss on his drives.
No he hasn’t.
I have noticed a little limp when hes on the sidelines.
GO RAMS
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Nice job in the post tonight - strong. Good adjustments made by Cox, team seemed well prepared.

Tate got rid of the deer in the headlights tonight, some good play. Martin still looking lost.

Let’s see if we can hang with Providence - their freshmen have been super so far.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Fatts has another horrendous shooting night vs Brown with the following line:
2-13 FGA | 0-7 3FGA | 0-1 FTA

For the season, per my count, he is at:
19-76 FGA 0.250
6-38 3FGA 0.158
18-22 FTA 0.818
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Much better defensive effort, completely shut down a very good player in Cambridge.

As others have said tonight was the Jermaine Harris coming out party. He flashed a varied repertoire. We need to feed him more. His offensive game is smooth.

Cyril racked up stats tonight, but some of that was off bully ball. Physically they couldn't handle him. But that is fools gold, and won't translate when we play teams like PC, WVU or even SLU and others in our conference. 21 shots between Cyril and Jermaine, 15 for Cyril and 6 for Jermaine. We need to have that split evenly, and even start moving towards more shots for Harris. If all goes well by mid season we are going through Jermaine to run offense and Cyril is more roaming baseline and being a beast on the boards. I do not think going to Cyril repeatedly on the low post is a winning formula.

Tough game for Jeff, Brown defended him very well. All over him and giving him no space, jumping screens to force ball out of his hands. He will bounce back.

Christion is doing a little bit of everything, need that to continue and he has to keep looking for his offense.

Let's hope a big game on Saturday brings back old Fatts, but man he is bad right now. I believe our best spurt of basketball came in 2nd half when he was on the bench fwiw. Will need double figures on efficient shooting from him to have any chance vs PC.

You can bet your ASS PC will go zone on us, we better start working on how to attack it -- IMO getting Jeff the ball at foul line would be my focus, and let him instigate from there. Flash him there from the wing and look for Jermaine and Cyril on short corner.