FCS revenue

All things Rhody Rams football.
Brian Forster
ARD

FCS revenue

Unread post by Brian Forster »

https://herosports.com/fcs-schools-high ... enue-bzbz/

Just think how much more $$ hockey could bring in!!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: FCS revenue

Unread post by bigappleram »

Where is Delaware, Richmond and other bigger name schools in our league?
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Brian Forster wrote: 11 months ago https://herosports.com/fcs-schools-high ... enue-bzbz/

Ok, this is ridiculous. These are FCS schools and what their entire athletic department brings in for revenue, not what the FCS football program itself brings in. 76.87% of our $31,993,515 of revenue comes from government and institutional support. Of the $7,400,100 of true revenue the programs are bringing in themselves, I'm sure the vast majority is from men's basketball.

But then again, I'm sure it's just easier to take another dipshit potshot at hockey. So juicy Hal
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Some of the conversations on this site have gotten to the point where I can't tell of the poster is trying to be sarcastic or not.

This is one of them.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 11 months ago Where is Delaware, Richmond and other bigger name schools in our league?
Richmond doesn't have to report because they're private, these figures came from public records. Not totally sure how Delaware gets around it, but I think it has something to do with this somehow:

"University of Delaware is a privately governed university which receives public funding for being a land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant state-supported research institution."
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote: 11 months ago Some of the conversations on this site have gotten to the point where I can't tell of the poster is trying to be sarcastic or not.

This is one of them.
Brian Forster, the old Hal Kopp, has an extensive history of making erroneous claims about how much football brings in and their financial state. For instance, they claim often that football revenue is given to other programs even though after everything football brings in it still loses $300,000 to $500,000 per year, so there is no profit that can even be given to other programs.

Because of past conversations about the state of football and people wondering if hockey would be a better investment they like to take frequent potshots about hockey.

Their biggest claim to fame is stating URI getting 31.5 against James Madison was real juicy when we proceeded to lose 84-7.

"Rhode Island at James Madison
Sat 10/29 385 Rhode Island +31½ -120 o68½ -120
3:30PM 386 James Madison -31½ -120 u68½ -120

Juicy,real juicy.

HK-when you need to know"

They're not really a poster worth listening to, yet here I am taking the cheese....
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I see
Steve81
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Steve81 »

Brian Forster wrote: 11 months ago https://herosports.com/fcs-schools-high ... enue-bzbz/

Regardless, do think it is a good measure of institution support of Athletics.