Bilau has knee surgery, will miss rest of 2022-23 season

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Bilau has knee surgery, will miss rest of 2022-23 season

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

Don’t expect Bilau back anytime soon.
You know this for sure or just guessing?
Not to speak for them, but being ruled out during the previous game and not even making the trip for this one certainly gives the impression that the injury could be substantial and that Bilau's not really close to coming back. Would think if Bilau was close he would have made the trip to see if he could go in the game
Not good...

Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Re: 12/18 | Georgia St | 2:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by rjv »

That sucks......22 min guy needs to be relaced
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: 12/18 | Georgia St | 2:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by bigappleram »

That’s a big loss. He is our only reliable big and would have been able to hold his own with most A10 front lines. A lot of weight on Samb and Tchikou now.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: Bilau likely to have surgery, miss rest of 2022-23 season

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Split these from the Georgia State game thread - seems significant enough to be its own thread.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Any thoughts of playing Foumena now instead of redshirting him?
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This definitely sucks. Looking for a potential silver lining, hopefully this gives Tchikou a chance to improve his game during the conference schedule. I still really like him and am hoping he can turn a corner soon.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

He was just starting to come around too. This will force the other guys to really step up.
GO RAMS
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

I believe it is all about showing continuous improvement of all players regardless of wins and loses for the rest of the season. Its going to be a tough few months.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Any thoughts of playing Foumena now instead of redshirting him?
Nah, don't think that happens.

Maybe we see more of Rory.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ya, I heard he was likely out for the year a week or so ago but we were holding out hope that he could come back late into conference play. SUCKS!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Any thoughts of playing Foumena now instead of redshirting him?
No reason to waste a year of eligibility.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Why not? Are you giving up on the season when the A10 AQ is the only path to the NCAA? All 15 teams have a shot at the prestigious bid. The OOC Schedule is like Baseball Grapefruit League when the A10 has little to no shot at an At-Large Bid.

Saturday is like the start of a whole new season.

I'd heard it was Foumena's decision to sit out so it would likely be up to him but I don't think he changes his mind since he already made the decision to sit out. I thought Foumena was impressive in the October Scrimmage. 26 minutes, 8 Reb, 10 pts, 5-6 FG, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block and 0 turnovers. He was among the Top 10 Players in the National Invitational Prep Tournament last year at Rhode Island College. I thought he would be in our starting lineup this year but there are other things at play in his decision to redshirt.

Alex Tchikou has shown some promise and he will get more minutes to develop. Samb will get more minutes. Both will need to learn to limit their personal fouls to stay on the floor more. They will gain from the additional minutes.

At the UMASS-Lowell game the injury to Bilau did not look good as he walked off the floor along the sideline. Unfortunate.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

He would actually be eligible for a medical hardship waiver.
Although I doubt he stays that long to use it, would give him another 3-years starting 23-24.

We will have a few players that will be much older with several years of eligibility remaining.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Why not? Are you giving up on the season when the A10 AQ is the only path to the NCAA? All 15 teams have a shot at the prestigious bid. The OOC Schedule is like Baseball Grapefruit League when the A10 has little to no shot at an At-Large Bid.

I'd heard it was Foumena's decision to sit out so it would likely be up to him but I don't think he changes his mind since he already made the decision to sit out. I thought Foumena was impressive in the October Scrimmage. 26 minutes, 8 Reb, 10 pts, 5-6 FG, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block and 0 turnovers. He was among the Top 10 Players in the National Invitational Prep Tournament last year at Rhode Island College. I thought he would be in our starting lineup this year but there are other things at play in his decision to redshirt.

Alex Tchikou has shown some promise and he will get more minutes to develop. Samb will get more minutes. Both will need to learn to limit their personal fouls to stay on the floor more. They will gain from the additional minutes.

At the UMASS-Lowell game the injury to Bilau did not look good as he walked off the floor along the sideline. Unfortunate.
Ya, I know how the A10 tournament works. I don't think this team is going anywhere this season, and that's fine.

Adding a more experienced big man like Bilau would help this team. However, adding a raw freshman big man that still needs time to develop won't do much for conference play. I think most of us thought Foumena would end up being our best big man compared to the others, but I expected plenty of growing pains. If he wants to play this season, then go for it.. I don't see it happening.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ya, I know how the A10 tournament works. I don't think this team is going anywhere this season, and that's fine.

Adding a more experienced big man like Bilau would help this team. However, adding a raw freshman big man that still needs time to develop won't do much for conference play. I think most of us thought Foumena would end up being our best big man compared to the others, but I expected plenty of growing pains. If he wants to play this season, then go for it.. I don't see it happening.
After the past 4 years of watching a team results steadily decrease, quality of incoming recruits steadily decrease, quality of incoming recruits often inflated, etc I just can't give up on this season. It is simple:
    No team gets an At-Large Bid. A10 used be the 7th or 8th ranked Conference most every year. Now it's steadily dropped the past several years to 11thor 12th and not looking better with NIL, Instant Transfer Eligibility and NET Calculations disfavoring the A10.
    • Must win the A10 Tournament.
    • New Head Coach and Staff in place to develop current players and improve during the A10 season
    • Harris possibility to join the team in A10 play and Tournament eligible
    • Weston getting healthier and improving performance - encouraged by his Georgia State game performance
    • Tchikou showing improvement
    • Freeman settled in and showing improvement
    • Rotation will be reduced as the A10 Conference moves along. Play best 6-7 guys in March - not 11 or 12 like now. Archie will manage that.
    • Most importantly - there are no powerhouse teams in the A10 at this point in time. If ever there was a year to steal away a A10 Championship it is this year. Dayton looks the best.
    I'll be in Brooklyn with higher hopes than I've had for the past several years.
    Archie Miller and Staff are capable of pulling this off. A downA10 is actually good for URI and a Single Bid Conference year.
    Getting too old to "wait til next year" yet again.
    hrstrat57
    Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

100% agree with Ramster here re Foumena.

Let’s go!!
    We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
    steveystuds06
    Sly Williams

After the past 4 years of watching a team results steadily decrease, quality of incoming recruits steadily decrease, quality of incoming recruits often inflated, etc I just can't give up on this season. It is simple:
      No team gets an At-Large Bid. A10 used be the 7th or 8th ranked Conference most every year. Now it's steadily dropped the past several years to 11thor 12th and not looking better with NIL, Instant Transfer Eligibility and NET Calculations disfavoring the A10.
      • Must win the A10 Tournament.
      • New Head Coach and Staff in place to develop current players and improve during the A10 season
      • Harris possibility to join the team in A10 play and Tournament eligible
      • Weston getting healthier and improving performance - encouraged by his Georgia State game performance
      • Tchikou showing improvement
      • Freeman settled in and showing improvement
      • Rotation will be reduced as the A10 Conference moves along. Play best 6-7 guys in March - not 11 or 12 like now. Archie will manage that.
      • Most importantly - there are no powerhouse teams in the A10 at this point in time. If ever there was a year to steal away a A10 Championship it is this year. Dayton looks the best.
      I'll be in Brooklyn with higher hopes than I've had for the past several years.
      Archie Miller and Staff are capable of pulling this off. A downA10 is actually good for URI and a Single Bid Conference year.
      Getting too old to "wait til next year" yet again.
      There is a difference between giving up and having expectations. I love URI basketball and will never give up on this program. Do I think we will land a bid this year? Nope. Will I still watch every game hoping we win and support the team? 100%. Anything can happen in the A10 tournament, but we aren't at that stage yet. For now, I hope to see our young guys develop and hopefully pick up some wins in conference play. I really want Weston to see the floor more. It doesn't sound like Ant will be playing this year. Weston, Lou, and Tchikou have plenty of potential... I hope they can all start to play more consistent basketball.
      ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
      section(105)
      Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I have settled into a reality check that we are a very long way from being a sustained A-10 upper tier team. We got the first major piece in place, the coach. The uphill climb is gonna be longer than I originally thought. And that is OK. We need, I have said this here before, an EC type of high level recruit, the pioneer type, that wants to be here as the corner stone to build around. I do not see any of the current players as potential building locks. The current roster is filled with place holders until Archie can get his type and style that fits his system. It is what it is. As far as we have dropped, the build back better is gonna take years. Sorry, I do not subscribe to the thoughts of getting hot and making noise in the A-10.
      Last edited by section(105) 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
      Ram logo via Grist 1938
      ramster
      Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago I have settled into a reality check that we are a very long way from being a sustained A-10 upper tier team. We got the first major piece in place, the coach. The uphill climb is gonna be longer than I originally thought. And that is OK. We need, I have said this here before, an EC type of high level recruit, the pioneer type, that wants to be here as the corner stone to build around. I do not see any of the current players as potential building locks. The current roster is filled with place holders until Archie can get his type and style that fits his system. It is what it is. As far as we have dropped, the bill back better is gonna take years. Sorry, I do not subscribe to the thoughts of getting hot and making noise in the A-10.
      The theory is based on the fact that the A10 is way down in quality. The A10 has taken a beating in losing good players to the new transfer and NIL rule changes. It's no coincidence that the A10 has dropped off significantly the past two years.
      So the opportunity for URI to have a chance is there. A long shot yes, but nothing like the years where VCU and Dayton had great teams.

No need to give up on this year.

Some here are beginning to see the damage that was done to this program the past 4 years. Maybe come to realize David Cox was not as great recruiter as thought. Many of the players who came to URI with hype and long recruiting threads are not doing near what some thought they would at URI.

New Head Coach sees how far this program has fallen in 4 long years. He and his staff will turn the corner. Time to hit the TransferWire hard and recruit some High Potential High School Players - not 2 star players that we hope become 4 star.
      Jdrums#3
      Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Horrible news for the team and Bilau. I hope the young man rehabs and comes back strong.
      CaptainRon
      Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago 100% agree with Ramster here re Foumena.

Let’s go!!
      Going to need the body. I think he plays.
      RamStock
      Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago I have settled into a reality check that we are a very long way from being a sustained A-10 upper tier team. We got the first major piece in place, the coach. The uphill climb is gonna be longer than I originally thought. And that is OK. We need, I have said this here before, an EC type of high level recruit, the pioneer type, that wants to be here as the corner stone to build around. I do not see any of the current players as potential building locks. The current roster is filled with place holders until Archie can get his type and style that fits his system. It is what it is. As far as we have dropped, the build back better is gonna take years. Sorry, I do not subscribe to the thoughts of getting hot and making noise in the A-10.
      I ageee with you completely. I’m not sure what people are watching to think this team has improved or is going to win the A-10 despite how awful the conference is. We are not a good shooting team, have a terrible front court and just lack any type of exciting talent to get excited about in the future. The signing of Miller was a great get by Thorr, but this program is nowhere close to being a tournament team or bringing excitement to the casual fans. I have not seen anything from this team that has been exciting except maybe Ish improving from last year.
      Billyboy78
      Frank Keaney

I don't worry about eligibility like I used to. The likelihood of someone being here for 4 years isn't very high anymore.
      ramster
      Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
      I don't worry about eligibility like I used to. The likelihood of someone being here for 4 years isn't very high anymore.
      2022-23 Redshirt year
      2023-24 Freshman
      2023-24 Sophomore
      2024-25 Junior
      2025-26 Senior

The chances Foumena is still at URI 5 years from now as a Senior in 2025-2026 is small
      If he plays well he could at the end of any year:
      - jump for NIL money at a P5 school
      - go to G-League
      - go overseas

If he doesn’t play well or gets recruited over he could transfer out then as well
      1800 transfers per year is about 5 per team average each year

Sitting out this year to benefit URI in 2025-26 is unlikely

More likely is Foumena’s decision to sit out this year is based on current considerations ie health, than on saving the year to 5 years from now.
      rhodyblue12
      ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

This is awful news as Bilal was the one guy with a chance to hang with any quality bigs we will face.
      I actually hope Rory and Lou get more minutes and see where they fit into the plan.
      Neither is really ready to be a huge contributor at this point but put them out there.
      Let them see clearly for themselves what they have to work on. Only way to truly evaluate them.
      It's one thing to practice against your own team, and another to play competitively.

Sorry ramster but the post above is awful. All it does it describe reasons a kid would leave URI and he hasn't even played a game yet.
      Kind of defeatist, no?
      How about the situation where he becomes an All A10 player and appreciates the coaches and University standing by him through his illness and stays?
      steveystuds06
      Sly Williams

2022-23 Redshirt year
      2023-24 Freshman
      2023-24 Sophomore
      2024-25 Junior
      2025-26 Senior

The chances Foumena is still at URI 5 years from now as a Senior in 2025-2026 is small
      - go to G-League
      - go overseas

If he doesn’t play well or gets recruited over he could transfer out then as well

More likely is Foumena’s decision to sit out this year is based on current considerations ie health, than on saving the year to 5 years from now.

It's not like we have Lamar Odom sitting on our bench, and the second Foumena comes, he will save the day. He’s a young raw big that hasn’t played a second of D1 basketball and will likely be another up and down piece in the rotation. I love his potential, but that’s all it is right now. He’ll need time.

Archie has preached he wants to develop players here. He doesn’t want to do the transfer route every year. Connor repeated that in his interview the other day. He said the coaching staff preached that they want guys to come here and stay. Obviously, some people will leave, but I think our core guys will stick around, and Foumena could end up being one of those players.

Bottom line is Foumena chose to sit out this year. This isn’t just about what you or our fanbase wants. Foumena may not want to waste a year starting late and to play on a bad A10 team. Whether he wants to stay here or not, I don’t see why he and our staff would force him to play in a season like this. He's not going to choose to play this year because certain fans don’t want another bad season. He needs to do what’s best for him and his future. If I were Foumena, I’d prefer to start fresh next year with four years of eligibility and a better roster with higher expectations. If he has this burning desire to play now then so be it. Go for it. I love seeing new Rhody players play and he was my favorite big man out of the few we brought in.
      ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
      Big Rhody Guy
      Steve Chubin

Unread post by Big Rhody Guy »

I think we’ll see more Rory minutes but if we’re going to be successful Lou and Weston will need to step up and play some minutes at the 4. Preseason I would have included Malik in this mix but now he doesn’t have any lift I don’t have much interest in him playing at the 4. Those other two guys will certainly take their licks but hopefully they can help to extend defenses and hold their own on the glass with their athletic ability.
      @Bigrhodyguy on Twitter
      Blogging for fun @ https://bigrhodyguy.wixsite.com/website
      Jersey77
      Ernie Calverley

2022-23 Redshirt year
      2023-24 Freshman
      2023-24 Sophomore
      2024-25 Junior
      2025-26 Senior

- go to G-League
      - go overseas

It's not like we have Lamar Odom sitting on our bench, and the second Foumena comes, he will save the day. He’s a young raw big that hasn’t played a second of D1 basketball and will likely be another up and down piece in the rotation. I love his potential, but that’s all it is right now. He’ll need time.

Archie has preached he wants to develop players here. He doesn’t want to do the transfer route every year. Connor repeated that in his interview the other day. He said the coaching staff preached that they want guys to come here and stay. Obviously, some people will leave, but I think our core guys will stick around, and Foumena could end up being one of those players.

Bottom line is Foumena chose to sit out this year. This isn’t just about what you or our fanbase wants. Foumena may not want to waste a year starting late and to play on a bad A10 team. Whether he wants to stay here or not, I don’t see why he and our staff would force him to play in a season like this. He's not going to choose to play this year because certain fans don’t want another bad season. He needs to do what’s best for him and his future. If I were Foumena, I’d prefer to start fresh next year with four years of eligibility and a better roster with higher expectations. If he has this burning desire to play now then so be it. Go for it. I love seeing new Rhody players play and he was my favorite big man out of the few we brought in.
      Yes Stevey, there was probably good reason why Foumena is redshirting this season.
      That is between him and the staff.

An injury to another player isn't going to change that.
      As I said earlier extremely doubtful he burns his RS midway through this season.
      Especially in a year where expectations aren't that high.
      ramster
      Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

2022-23 Redshirt year
      2023-24 Freshman
      2023-24 Sophomore
      2024-25 Junior
      2025-26 Senior

- go to G-League
      - go overseas

Yes Stevey, there was probably good reason why Foumena is redshirting this season.

As I said earlier extremely doubtful he burns his RS midway through this season.
      Stevey,
      Not sure if you are directing this to me, but I posted that it was Foumena's decision to sit out the year. This is something I heard some time ago.
      The decision is done, only would change Foumena changed it and even then the staff would need to agree at this point with the season in progress.
      Billyboy78
      Frank Keaney

I remember somebody saying that Foumena is sitting out because he had problems with his passport getting into the country back in the summer, therefore putting him behind the others. Didn't somebody say that? If it's all about development, wouldn't the number one way to develop him be to play him against other teams and learn?
      Blue Man
      Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

CaptainRon wrote: 1 year ago
      hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago 100% agree with Ramster here re Foumena.

Let’s go!!
      Going to need the body. I think he plays.
      Not going to happen. It’s no one’s choice for why he’s redshirting. Won’t see him til next year short of a miracle.

Also - he’s not Odom. I’m high on the kids potential for sure, but he’s still a freshman that hasn’t played. He’d probably look similar to Samb/Tchikou. Gonna have to win with the guys in the room.
      If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
      KevanBoyles
      Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

NO way!!! We're playing the long game. We don't gain much by letting him play now because we have such a young team. Even next year, as it stands now, we won't be any older on paper by way of on court experience. In two years, he will make a difference. In four, years he will make a huge difference.
      RhowdyRam02
      Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago I remember somebody saying that Foumena is sitting out because he had problems with his passport getting into the country back in the summer, therefore putting him behind the others. Didn't somebody say that? If it's all about development, wouldn't the number one way to develop him be to play him against other teams and learn?
      This is something I've read on the board before
      Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
      rhodylaw
      Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago I remember somebody saying that Foumena is sitting out because he had problems with his passport getting into the country back in the summer, therefore putting him behind the others. Didn't somebody say that? If it's all about development, wouldn't the number one way to develop him be to play him against other teams and learn?
      He also had a heart issue before the season started - so it would make sense to not push it this year too much?
      Billyboy78
      Frank Keaney

rhodylaw wrote: 1 year ago
      He also had a heart issue before the season started - so it would make sense to not push it this year too much?
      I thought the heart issue was the reason he was being redshirted. But then he played in the pre-season scrimmage. They wouldn't have risked him playing in that if the heart was an issue. At least I don't think they would. Then somebody posted about his passport being the issue. Does anybody know the main reason he is sitting out?
      ramster
      Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I thought the heart issue was the reason he was being redshirted. But then he played in the pre-season scrimmage. They wouldn't have risked him playing in that if the heart was an issue. At least I don't think they would. Then somebody posted about his passport being the issue. Does anybody know the main reason he is sitting out?
      As I said, is was his decision. There can be more than one component that goes into a decision like this. Or it can only be one component. He was the best big man in the scrimmage, Bilau did not play in the scrimmage. His reason not to play this year would not be concern about the level of competition. The competition will only get stronger as the years go by - at least that’s the plan.
      Billyboy78
      Frank Keaney

As I said, is was his decision. There can be more than one component that goes into a decision like this. Or it can only be one component. He was the best big man in the scrimmage, Bilau did not play in the scrimmage. His reason not to play this year would not be concern about the level of competition. The competition will only get stronger as the years go by - at least that’s the plan.
      But that still doesn't answer the question about the reason.
      PeterRamTime
      Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

This depresses me :(

I freakin love Bilau ughh
      ramster
      Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I don’t know those details.
      Billyboy78
      Frank Keaney

I don’t know those details.
      Like I said, I think we all thought it was the medical issue, but then he played in that scrimmage. I mean, if it's personal and he doesn't want the reason known, that's fine.
      Rhody15
      Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I mean, there is 0% chance it was solely Foumena’s decision to redshirt.

If he told Archie he wanted to redshirt and Archie said “no, you’re ready and will be playing” then Foumena would be in the rotation or would be at another school.

A player does not have the final say or whether he will or won’t redshirt.

The players are not running the program and making final roster decisions.
      Go Rhody
      NYGFan_Section208
      Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

If he told Archie he wanted to redshirt and Archie said “no, you’re ready and will be playing” then Foumena would be in the rotation or would be at another school.

Agree. If the coach thinks the player is ready, he plays or he goes.
      I also think, with the transfer flexibility and everything else, no one plans to play 4 years anywhere.
      Him "not playing this year" does not translate into him "playing here 4 years from now instead of only three..."
      ramster
      Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15,
      I simply shared what I heard as some could think it wasn’t Foumena’s decision. That’s all. Some were questioning the Coaching logic of redshirting Foumena and possibly un-redshirting him.
      I thought appropriate to throw in what I’d heard about his redshirting.
      I hear things that I can’t and don’t share as I’d never hear them again.
      You can grill me and make me look stupid as you wish.
      Just makes me regret sharing what I heard in the 1st place. I’m second guessing myself now for sharing.

Have a good day.
      bigappleram
      Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Don’t second guess Stevey the board is better with your opinions and content. Many of us hear things we can’t share and do so subtly. Just ignore the Mall Cop.
      steveystuds06
      Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

Stevey,
      Not sure if you are directing this to me, but I posted that it was Foumena's decision to sit out the year. This is something I heard some time ago.
      The decision is done, only would change Foumena changed it and even then the staff would need to agree at this point with the season in progress.
      No this wasn't necessarily directed at you… I was mainly talking about our fanbase in general…I heard something similar about Foumena as well.

As a fan it’s always exciting if we have the chance to see a new player. Remember when Antwan Walker played his first game and looked incredible? That was fun.
      ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
      steveystuds06
      Sly Williams

Rhody15,
      I simply shared what I heard as some could think it wasn’t Foumena’s decision. That’s all. Some were questioning the Coaching logic of redshirting Foumena and possibly un-redshirting him.
      I thought appropriate to throw in what I’d heard about his redshirting.
      I hear things that I can’t and don’t share as I’d never hear them again.
      You can grill me and make me look stupid as you wish.
      Just makes me regret sharing what I heard in the 1st place. I’m second guessing myself now for sharing.

Have a good day.
      I think most people heard the same thing as you regarding Foumena. You’re certainly not stupid. I hope you have a great new years.
      ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
      Rhody72
      Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago \

The future is today! This year. Those who plan for next year will always be planning for next year. There is not a single player whose dream is playing for URI. URI is just another place to play basketball now or get a scholarship while recovering or waiting to become eligible. This is what the portal and NIL has done to the college basketball game.
      NCAAs or Bust!
      ATPTourFan
      Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Officially out for the season following surgery.

Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
      reef
      Frank Keaney

Re: Bilau has knee surgery, will miss rest of 2022-23 season

Unread post by reef »

You guys think Bilat plays for us next year ??
      rjv
      Jimmy Baron

Re: Bilau has knee surgery, will miss rest of 2022-23 season

Unread post by rjv »

I do not believe so...I do not know the extent of his injury and how long recovery time is but I just do not see him being on the team.