Dayton Game Attendance

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Dayton Game Attendance

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Received a low ticket alert for Saturday’s game. Should be the highest attendance of the year. It is part of the 5 game plan which the St. Louis game was not and still had 6,100. Dayton game is also Saturday at 4:00 pm.
“We will be good when we are good.”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Dayton Attendance

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Might actually like the 4 o'clock start...couple late afternoon tacos...out by 6ish,perfect time to go drinking and dining.
Have some pizza delivery meet you at Whalers...
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I have a commitment this Saturday which means I'll be getting to the RC right before tipoff. Dayton game IMO is always a near sell-out if not sell-out. I low key wish it was a 5 PM or 6 PM start, but oh well. I parked in the way way back near Stony Fort Road for the STL game and it nearly took me 45 minutes to get off campus.... the traffic out of the lot was just NOT moving. I can't complain because the game is more important.
Last edited by Taylor Swift 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Alas we can’t make it due to family obligations. But we were able to find takers for our tickets.
Slava Ukraini!
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Looking forward to it. Hope we will be coming in on a two game winning streak.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

This game along with the Davidson game will probably be the biggest crowds of the remaining five games (other opponents Fordham, GW, and UMass). Davidson might actually sell out as it is a Friday night ESPN2 game.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago This game along with the Davidson game will probably be the biggest crowds of the remaining five games (other opponents Fordham, GW, and UMass). Davidson might actually sell out as it is a Friday night ESPN2 game.
The Davidson game will need a big student turnout to sell it out. The 9:00 start eliminates a lot of families/groups.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

4 o’clock is personally my favorite because you can get lunch pregame , head to the game then enjoy some post game activities. But I feel like later games draw a larger crowd. People have more time to arrive.
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago This game along with the Davidson game will probably be the biggest crowds of the remaining five games (other opponents Fordham, GW, and UMass). Davidson might actually sell out as it is a Friday night ESPN2 game.
For Davidson game students will either be gone for the weekend, out drinking already or very hydrated. I don’t think they will get a good student turnout and think there will be emplty seats from regulars who aren’t going to a game that ends at 11:30 pm.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Can't believe I'll miss another game. Taking my son to PPAC Saturday night. Just bad luck that the the show we have tickets for was on same day as Dayton.

Don't worry, my ticket will not go unused.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago Can't believe I'll miss another game. Taking my son to PPAC Saturday night. Just bad luck that the the show we have tickets for was on same day as Dayton.

Don't worry, my ticket will not go unused.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Just saw it in Boston with my daughter- it was entertaining on both child/adult levels.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Dayton Game Attendance

Yep. I'm glad i'm going to the show, but just sucks to have conflicting with THIS particular game.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago Yep. I'm glad i'm going to the show, but just sucks to have conflicting with THIS particular game.
The odds are probably much better that you will enjoy the show far more than watching this URI team play Dayton.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Yep. Dayton game may be an unhappy experience for 7000+ fans.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I don't know. If you saw Dayton play at S.T Louis Tuesday you are probably still hopeful for a win. Dayton has not been a good road team.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Rams can beat ANYONE left on their home schedule.
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Last Saturday I'm guessing there were about 1000 students, and that was a free t-shirt game. I don't think we'll see a lot of students this Saturday.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

according to the Ryan Center website there are less than 100 tickets left for this game.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago Last Saturday I'm guessing there were about 1000 students, and that was a free t-shirt game. I don't think we'll see a lot of students this Saturday.
Then again, I'm probably wrong. First 1000 Ruckus members get these. Am I too old to go disguised as a student? :D
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Those jerseys look SWEEETTT!!!!!!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Must not be expecting a lot of students. The 10 student sections are all currently on sale for 15 dollars and are being advertised as general admission.
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URIROTC2006 »

I posted this to the “Ticket Echange”Board as well. I have two tickets to tomorrow’s game. Unfortunately I can’t make it because of a work conflict. Would love to give them away.

Message me if anyone is interested.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Apparently Kyle Van Noy might be at the game?

Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago Must not be expecting a lot of students. The 10 student sections are all currently on sale for 15 dollars and are being advertised as general admission.
When I clicked on section 101 and went through the order process it looked like it would give you a seat in 301. I'm surprised they're giving up student allotment before game time and how they're doing it seems like it will lead to problems.
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago Must not be expecting a lot of students. The 10 student sections are all currently on sale for 15 dollars and are being advertised as general admission.
When I clicked on section 101 and went through the order process it looked like it would give you a seat in 301. I'm surprised they're giving up student allotment before game time and how they're doing it seems like it will lead to problems.
There's also the promotion for the first 1000 students. My guess is that they're saving 1000 instead of the normal 1500. 301 was pretty empty last Saturday. But you're right, it is misleading to think you're getting section 201, 202, etc. instead of 301.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

steviep123 wrote: 5 years ago Apparently Kyle Van Noy might be at the game?

How f#%king cool will it be if we can get Kyle Van Noy front row seats for this game?!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

They have the seats and have offered them to Kyle. Now we see if he can make it.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Van Noy says he’s going to the Davidson game now. But we will have another special guest:

"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago Last Saturday I'm guessing there were about 1000 students, and that was a free t-shirt game. I don't think we'll see a lot of students this Saturday.
Free shirts tomorrow for the first 1k students
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sweet Jimmy Baron will be in the house !!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

With URI 13th in Team FT% and 14th in Team 3FG% it would make sense for the Coaching Staff to get some tips and advice from one of the best shooters in the history of the school
3 FG%
Freshman - 35.9%
Sophomore - 47.8%
Junior - 40.6%
Senior - 45.4%

FT%
Freshman - 96.4%
Sophomore - 88.9%
Junior - 91.3%
Senior - 89.2%
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Jimmy is easily one of my handful of favorite players in program history. After how everything went down with his old man, could have been easy for him to have kept his distance from URI, but he’s always been pure class and supportive of the program. It’s awesome that his career is still going strong, too. Will be great to welcome him back to the Ryan today.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago
Just to clarify the student has to be a member of the Ruckus (registered and paid).
So some of the students showing up will not get a shirt.
I don’t think there are 1,000 members of the Ruckus.
Someone with more knowledge than me probably has an idea of the number of Ruckus members this year.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago
Just to clarify the student has to be a member of the Ruckus (registered and paid).
So some of the students showing up will not get a shirt.
I don’t think there are 1,000 members of the Ruckus.
Someone with more knowledge than me probably has an idea of the number of Ruckus members this year.
Definitely not 1,000. Maybe they can give KB members shirts too.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

If the students show up, this will be a sellout.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago Yep. Dayton game may be an unhappy experience for 7000+ fans.
That would very much be an understatement given how things actually went.

I have no doubt that a play of any kind would be better. Even a visit to the dentist would have been a more pleasant experience today.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Little did I know how much displeasure the game would bring to so many Ryan Center patrons.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago Little did I know how much displeasure the game would bring to so many Ryan Center patrons.
It is going to be hard going forward to find people willing to take your tickets even when they are free.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago Little did I know how much displeasure the game would bring to so many Ryan Center patrons.
I stayed until the end out of morbid curiosity, and honestly it seemed a better bet as far as getting out of the parking lot than following the hordes of people streaming out at the U8 and U4 TOs. There were about 300 people in the building when the game ended. Only things I saw all day worth anything happened in the last 3 minutes, which were Leviton’s effort and some dude BIG mad that they hadn’t called out the 50/50 raffle winners yet when it became clear the game was going to end without another timeout. Place was so empty you could hear this man yelling from upstairs about it, and it was the only time I was really entertained the whole day.
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

we stayed to the end also, though i thought Langevine never quit playing which was a plus, but it was just awful the crowd never had a chance to get into the game.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I don't doubt JD and CL one bit for their effort. They have proven themselves many times.

And the freshmen, they are not being put in a position to succeed. So they get a pass from me.

I can see why their body language would be bad...they are as disappointed or even more so than we are.

But a couple others need to sit. By not sitting, that proves to me that the coach is all talk and no action, and should hold a big portion of the blame.

He's allowing them to play selfish basketball while also taking PT that would help the younger players' development.

If Cox is still waiting for them to wake up....it's a month too late, and it's not going to happen.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodysRelevant wrote: 5 years ago we stayed to the end also, though i thought Langevine never quit playing which was a plus, but it was just awful the crowd never had a chance to get into the game.
Langevine never quits. He’s the ultimate warrior and leader by example in his efforts.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I think we need a leader who leads by his words, not just his actions.

It's certainly not coming from the staff.

Maybe CL or Jeff is trying, but it's not having an effect on certain players.