Ticket Sales

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Ticket Sales

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Hoping fans continue to buy season tickets the nexr few months to support this program and Coach Cox.
“We will be good when we are good.”
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: Ticket Sales

Unread post by RF1 »

Ticket sales have supposedly been good for this upcoming season. The tweet below was from back in mid July:

While this may be a good number for URI, here is some local (PC) comparison which does not yet include their student season tickets:

theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I thought we had over 3,000 as a base?
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

PC was at 3,500 before their NCAA 5 time run started and has been built around that. URI will go into year three with a new coach and a record over 2,500 season tickets. I would expect if we can land this class we are trying to land, we’ll be top 25 good for 19-20 and will have local rival PC along with Alabama on the home slate. I would expect next years numbers to jump well over 3k going into the season even if we don’t make the NCAA’s this year. As the season ticket base increases, mini plan seating gets worse so people transition to the season ticket plans driving those numbers further. We have over 1k 5 game mini plan holders for last season.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Mini-plans will take a hit this year b/c there is no true "big" game to anchor a plan with. Ticket office will have to get creative.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I don't believe the hype. URI is trying to get fans to buy by making them think that tix are going fast. This team is more likely to finish in the bottom half of the A10 than the top half. Still, I bought my season tix. The story will be told after the first 2 A10 games in January. URI needs to get tickets bought early.
NCAAs or Bust!
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Lol wow so they are making up numbers to sell tickets you are saying? And more likely to be bottom half of the league? Jeeze most negative take ever. No way with the talent they have they dont finish in the top half. Just because it is a rebuilding year doesnt mean they are that bad of a team. And only two games of conference play tells how the rest of the games go is a rediculous take
theblueram
Frank Keaney

it's 72. he's like eeyore.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

The years to come look to be real exciting as a program if this summer closes in uri's favor. And that should sell it for itself. This summer in recruiting is pivotal to grow this fan base imo.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

If you put a deposit down for a 5 game plan, you shoukd get a call next week to pick your seats. The game plans will be out.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

sevegny7 wrote: 5 years ago The years to come look to be real exciting as a program if this summer closes in uri's favor. And that should sell it for itself. This summer in recruiting is pivotal to grow this fan base imo.
Casual fans and even students don’t pay attention to recruiting that closely. Wins, buzz, exciting players are what will draw crowds. Yes we need recruiting success to do all that, but signing EC, Hassan or Terrell didn’t put butts in seats. Winning games that matter did.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago
sevegny7 wrote: 5 years ago The years to come look to be real exciting as a program if this summer closes in uri's favor. And that should sell it for itself. This summer in recruiting is pivotal to grow this fan base imo.
Casual fans and even students don’t pay attention to recruiting that closely. Wins, buzz, exciting players are what will draw crowds. Yes we need recruiting success to do all that, but signing EC, Hassan or Terrell didn’t put butts in seats. Winning games that matter did.
Win and the world wins with you; lose and you lose alone.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago
I think it's a combination of both -- If you bring in the talent, people start talking. "Hey, URI brought in Top 100 recruits like EC and Terrell, they could be legit." They are more likely to quickly buy in because they believe in the talent. Team starts winning and these casual people start talking about how these underclassmen could "be forces for years to come." I think that's much different than a team that doesn't produce much energy in recruiting. People are more weary to buy in because it might just be "luck." I feel those teams require a more sustained run to get people to believe in their success. They are waiting for that foundation to crack.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

For those interested in purchasing tickets to the game versus PC at the DDC, I got an email from PC regarding ticket options (have bought URI game tickets from them in the past and am on the email distribution list). The URI game has been designated as one of their premium games (as URI also does) along with Villanova and Marquette. Single game tickets for URI, if they occur, will not go on sale until near actual game time if multi game plans do not account for all.
Screenshot_2018-09-26 The Providence College Official Athletic Site Online Ticket Office Event Item List for Men's Basketba[...].png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago For those interested in purchasing tickets to the game versus PC at the DDC, I got an email from PC regarding ticket options (have bought URI game tickets from them in the past and am on the email distribution list). The URI game has been designated as one of their premium games (as URI also does) along with Villanova and Marquette. Single game tickets for URI, if they occur, will not go on sale until near actual game time if multi game plans do not account for all.

Screenshot_2018-09-26 The Providence College Official Athletic Site Online Ticket Office Event Item List for Men's Basketba[...].png

I'm confident I'll be buying a single game ticket for Dec 1. No way am I wasting money on a mini plan for PC.

Also, now that Dunkin Donuts is going to be Dunkin'. How will this work for naming rights? The Dunk? Dunkin Center? Civic Center?
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Just looked at my ticket acct and noticed that they are higher than last year.

Also those Mohegan tickets aren't cheap. Is the program doing well with those sales?

This is interesting info for followers. Are we making more bucks$$?! How does WVU sales compare with a home game?
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

As I have said before, this is the best time of year to be a Rhody basketball fan.
NCAAs or Bust!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Generally if you are a college basketball fan this is a great time of the year. Take your malaise elsewhere your shtick wore thin on everyone.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Has this time of year really been better than March to be a Rhody fan recently? Not only is it tired shtick, it’s also nonsensical shtick.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago Has this time of year really been better than March to be a Rhody fan recently? Not only is it tired shtick, it’s also nonsensical shtick.
nevermind that its also one of the basic truths of sports...

you can only pick one:

1. Crap team, cheap tickets

2. Good team, expensive tickets
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Anybody know when single game tickets go on sale?
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Anybody get their season tickets in the mail this week?

Talking URI of course. I know some of you prefer the UConn season ticket.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

According to the website they start getting mailed tomorrow
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Got my season tix in today(a little damp). Included in the ticket sheets are 3 vouchers- 1 for a replica a10 banner, 1 for a replica championship ring, and 1 for a Coach Cox bobble head.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

My wife and I got our tickets today too. Package came with all of the start times for all games (home and away). That is helpful.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

RhodyKyle wrote: 5 years ago My wife and I got our tickets today too. Package came with all of the start times for all games (home and away). That is helpful.
What time is the Providence game?
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 5 years ago My wife and I got our tickets today too. Package came with all of the start times for all games (home and away). That is helpful.
It’s an away game this year
Slava Ukraini!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody74 wrote: 5 years ago
I know. He said he has the start times for home and away.

Anyone care to share a photo of the season ticket package?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I'd like to see the start times. Many games still don't have the start times on Rhody.com.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Providence game does not have a time listed.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

How about UMass on senior night? That has a TBA on Rhody.com.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

5D5D6B4E-207C-4EA3-BD4E-212034FD8AEE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Billyboy78 wrote: 5 years ago How about UMass on senior night? That has a TBA on Rhody.com.
2pm
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhodyram wrote: 5 years ago 5D5D6B4E-207C-4EA3-BD4E-212034FD8AEE.jpeg
Thanks. Can't say I like a 9pm start time for a home game, even if it's a Friday
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Anyone? Would like to see the whole shebang...
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

PC website says "2:30 or 5"
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Sorry, man. I keep trying to upload a picture but it keeps kicking out saying it's too large.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Individual game tickets now available.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I went to look for tix but didn’t see a way to select my seats. I wanted to see the dots available
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago I went to look for tix but didn’t see a way to select my seats. I wanted to see the dots available
Call the ticket office and they can tell you what seats are available for each game.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

The ticket office will also have an allotment of tickets to the Holy Cross game in Worcester so that many of our fans can sit together....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Alright need some assistance here. Has anybody been able to successfully buy more than 6 tickets to the West Virginia game? Tried calling the ticket office and they'll only sell me 6 but I need 8. I could buy 4 and have someone else buy 4, but then we likely won't be sitting together. I love when places refuse to take your money.

I saw you can buy them online through Ticketmaster but they only have the last few rows in the upper level available.

Anybody have any tips on how to get around the limit?
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

adam914 wrote: 5 years ago Alright need some assistance here. Has anybody been able to successfully buy more than 6 tickets to the West Virginia game? Tried calling the ticket office and they'll only sell me 6 but I need 8. I could buy 4 and have someone else buy 4, but then we likely won't be sitting together. I love when places refuse to take your money.

I saw you can buy them online through Ticketmaster but they only have the last few rows in the upper level available.

I would call Tyler Foley in the ticket office to see if he can help. I know they wanted to move their allotment of URI tickets for the Mohegan or they go back to the box office. He might be able to do something. He is pretty helpful.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

adam914 wrote: 5 years ago Alright need some assistance here. Has anybody been able to successfully buy more than 6 tickets to the West Virginia game? Tried calling the ticket office and they'll only sell me 6 but I need 8. I could buy 4 and have someone else buy 4, but then we likely won't be sitting together. I love when places refuse to take your money.

Isn't this a triple header? I'm wondering if there is a strict ticket limit due to this.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

steviep123 wrote: 5 years ago

Isn't this a triple header? I'm wondering if there is a strict ticket limit due to this.
Yeah it is, that could be part of it for sure.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago

I would call Tyler Foley in the ticket office to see if he can help. I know they wanted to move their allotment of URI tickets for the Mohegan or they go back to the box office. He might be able to do something. He is pretty helpful.
Good tip! Thanks. Going to give him a call and see if he can do anything.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago I went to look for tix but didn’t see a way to select my seats. I wanted to see the dots available
The green dots are there now to select the seats you want.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago I would call Tyler Foley in the ticket office to see if he can help. I know they wanted to move their allotment of URI tickets for the Mohegan or they go back to the box office. He might be able to do something. He is pretty helpful.
Thanks again, RamStock! Just got off with Tyler and he hooked me up so I'm good now. Really nice guy.