WVU start time?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

WVU start time?

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

Hey-anybody have idea when Rhody-WVU game would tip off?
Noon or 1 PM?

Let me know.
Thinking about coming up.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: WVU start time?

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

According to Ticketmaster, we play at 1, Dayton vs. Tulsa is at 3:30, and Quinnipiac vs. Drexel is at 6. This start time is not confirmed on the URI, West Virginia, Mohegan Sun, or Hall of Fame website as far as I can tell. This could be the actual order, or they could just be using the order of desirability as a placeholder on the times.

Tickets go on sale September 7th.

The Patriots play at Pittsburgh at 4:25
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Giants - Titans @ 1. They will sched sensibly...to maximize seat occupancy for the duration, seems you'd schedule for increasing quality/interest. Predicting final lineup exactly the opposite of previous post. Rhody last (at 6), Dayton/Tulsa the middle game, QP/Dregs-el first...

Everyone gets to see the Giants...everyone happy.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

I've never been wrong about anything, certainly not internet posts...

That being said, they might not have the top draw playing last on a Sunday afternoon...

So the 1pm time seems to be a possibility...

But then again, you might wait until the teams list the time.

(See what I did there? :D )
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

It will depend on TV coverage. The network that has the game will tell the organizers what time it starts. I would guess only the URI vs WVU game is on national TV.
“We will be good when we are good.”
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Giants - Titans @ 1. They will sched sensibly...to maximize seat occupancy for the duration, seems you'd schedule for increasing quality/interest. Predicting final lineup exactly the opposite of previous post. Rhody last (at 6), Dayton/Tulsa the middle game, QP/Dregs-el first...

Everyone gets to see the Giants...everyone happy.

Mohegun Sun will want to schedule the games to maximize attendance. They will do all they can to avoid having URI, the biggest local draw, from going up against the NE Patriots. I would therefore expect the 1pm start for URI as it would not conflict at all with the Pats game and even allow people to get back home for it.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

This is the opening paragraph from go rhody on 5/16:

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Rhode Island will take on West Virginia in the opening game of the annual Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Holiday Showcase presented by Citi on Sunday, Dec. 16 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

The pats game throws a monkey wrench into getting/keeping people in the arena. That place may be a ghost town by the 3rd game.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhodyram wrote:The pats game throws a monkey wrench into getting/keeping people in the arena. That place may be a ghost town by the 3rd game.
IT was that way for other events URI played there. Nearly the entire crowd left after URI beat Oklahoma St choosing to skip the Holy Cross-CCSU contest. Most people left two years ago after Duke-URI not staying for Cinci-Penn State.

Most college games at Mohegun Sun are not typically well attended unless there is a bigger name local team. URI and PC have played to the biggest crowds there. UConn has never played there and none of the CT or MA D1 teams have drawn large crowds. It is part of the reason that URI and PC keep getting invited back.