Season Tickets & Donations

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Season Tickets & Donations

Unread post by Rhody83 »

What can we do? Let’s show Dan and Thorr we are willing to help support the investments Dan needs to continue this growth.
Renew your season tickets or become a new season ticket holder in the next two days (gorhody.com).
Make a donation to the RamFund specifically to the men’s basketball program.
You might think a small donation will not make a difference. It will! It shows that the alumni and fans are behind this.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Season Tickets & Donations

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Online donations - go to urifoundation.org and under the gift amount click on “list of Giving Opportunities”.
Page down to find URI Athletics and check on Men’s Basketball.

You can make a donation over the phone at 401-874-2389.
You can mail in a donation to URI Athletics Development, 3 Keaney Rd, Kingston, RI 02881
Make checks payable to URI Foundation
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

If Hurley stays, I’m going to purchase season tickets.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Season ticket link. Get a $50 gift card if you make a 15% deposit towards renewal or new season tickets.

http://www.gorhody.com/tickets/men-s_ba ... on_tickets
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

CT Rhody wrote:If Hurley stays, I’m going to purchase season tickets.
......come on now......buy them regardless of who the coach is....no?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

section(105) wrote:
Two hour drive for me each way, admin needs to step up and keep Hurley.
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

For the first time I just donated to the basketball fund (fast break).
Common sense is not common.
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

Also sent an email to Thorr to let him know how proud I am of the team and coach Hurley.

I also intend on buying season tickets.
Common sense is not common.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

CT Rhody wrote:
section(105) wrote:
Two hour drive for me each way, admin needs to step up and keep Hurley.
.....OK, I get that.....my three hour drive, one way back/forth to NY, back in the Baron days is not the comparison I want to make, but rather the need to support this program now, not tomorrow based on a coaching status....we can’t now get cold feet on the future we all want, but are somewhat afraid we are not worthy of the risk/reward equation.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
OldSchoolRhody
Abdul Fox

Unread post by OldSchoolRhody »

Re-upped my four tickets today.
We're... We're going streaking! We're going up down the quad and to the gymnasium! Who is in? Let's Go Rhody!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Renewed and donated!
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

KeaneyBlue making an impact.
Someone should start a GoFundMe page. It would take off thru social media - Twitter and FaceBook.
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody83 wrote:KeaneyBlue making an impact.
Someone should start a GoFundMe page. It would take off thru social media - Twitter and FaceBook.
Go fund me keep Dan Hurley at URI campaign?
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

CT Rhody wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:KeaneyBlue making an impact.
Go fund me keep Dan Hurley at URI campaign?
.......not sure this is way we want to go....this is NOT a CYO program trying to make a trip from winning a regional tourney......we can and must do better......this is, way all do respect, thinking small......what is next bake sale?......come on now, we are collectively better than that....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I was joking 105
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhody83 wrote:I was joking 105
.....opps, my bad....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Posted this in the coaching thread but it probably belongs over here:

I can’t believe it takes something like this for people to donate.

This is the whole reason we’ve struggled for this long as a program.

Say Dan does leave...does this mean you stop donating then?

Expect to be right back in the Baron zone.

We couldn’t buy out a bad coach because we didn’t have the money. Thankfully we got a good coach to help us win and bring in money, but this is what Dan talks about...commitment to being a good basketball program by EVERYBODY.

I get it if you’re not like me and didn’t start giving money the second we fired Baron (I started working in 2010 but refused to support until we fired CFL)- but if you loved this program, regardless of the coach...and $20 a year is what you’re willing to give after 6 years of a heavy uplift...we’re never going to sustain success as a fan base.

Dan wants everyone - the school, the fans, the admins - to fully commit.

I love the idea of everyone giving even a little bit, every little bit helps.

But you can pay monthly. You can pay weekly. You can pay however works...athletics is flexible. You might even have a company match.

$20.18 is a nice, kitschy story - but what’s that tell athletics and Dan for next year if he stays and we do well - an extra $.01 will come in? That’s the support we’re willing to give?

The opinions on this board and the expectations of this fan base are way out of whack with a $20.18 donation.

$20.18 per month? That’s more like it. $20.18 per week? Now we can really talk about goals.

I really don’t mean to disparage anyone for the donation, it’s much better than the nothing that most give and it is definitely appreciated (plus everyone’s financial situation)...but we need to face the realities of this.

If we want the level of program Dan wants, it takes money.

Charter flights for recruiting, charter flights for games, coach salaries, practice facilities, etc, etc, etc - it’s not cheap.

Again, I LOVE that this run is inspiring people to finally open up their wallets - i just hope that it doesn’t take the best 2 seasons in 2 decades to pull $20 from the fans.

This is the point where everyone needs to choose what kind of a program we want to have. I really hope it’s worth a lot to everyone.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Agreed Blueman. My suggestion of $20.18 was more to inspire those who don’t contribute currently. We need to grow the donor base substantially.
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Got back from Pittsburgh last night and had a blast. The amount of fans there was incredible. The receptions at Buford’s. Everything! Whole family went and everybody was really into it. Had my my 2 year old son chanting Go Rhody! all the time (except during parts of the games when he slept!) Renewed my season tix before going and got a friend to purchase 3 new season tix. Hoping many of us current season ticket holders can convince others to join. If there is a large increase in New season ticket purchases, that will help show Dan that the fan base is growing and with him all the way. And any donation, large or small, will be of great value also. Let’s hope the administration can also step up. We have something special here and Dan is the biggest part of it.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

The monthly donation is a great idea. I believe you can also pledge an amount and pay it over time.
In fundraising in general, over 80% of the funds come from 15-20% of the donors. The point for the group not in that top tier is to do what they can to get the other 20% of the funds.
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

I just made my donation. Every little bit counts right?
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I have my yearly donation split on a per week basis, so I don't really feel it. I really like the idea of adding to it with a donation to symbolize the year and will be doing that as well.
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

I just made an additional donation of $201.80.

(Side note to Blue Man. You're preaching to the choir and your constant rants about how bad our fan base is gets tiring. I honestly had second thoughts about making an additional donation after reading your post, so I don't think they're having the intended effect.)
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

URI_05 wrote:I just made an additional donation of $201.80.

(Side note to Blue Man. You're preaching to the choir and your constant rants about how bad our fan base is gets tiring. I honestly had second thoughts about making an additional donation after reading your post, so I don't think they're having the intended effect.)
I wish I was preaching to the choir. If I was, we’d already have a practice facility.

My rants aren’t necessarily directed at the dozens who post here, but the hundreds who read it. If even one person takes a look at what I read and donates more, that’s fine with me.

I’m happy your love of the program outweighs your dislike of the 60 seconds it took to read my rant, but I’m thrilled you donated more regardless.

If people really don’t donate to this program because of a (for me) fairly innocuous post, then that would more or less prove my larger point.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I made my largest donation today. I am also sending an email to Thorr (tbjorn@uri.edu) and Dan (danhurley@uri.edu) today.

Make a donation today if you can and send an email. Let them know in the email that you made a donation to help support the investments Coach Hurley needs to continue to grow the program.

Also, liking and retweeting any tweets about donating, season tickets ect this week can have an impact. Same for sharing post on FB. We all have different Twitter followers and FB friends. Many are URI fans and alumni. Let’s cast a wide net.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody83 wrote:I made my largest donation today. I am also sending an email to Thorr (tbjorn@uri.edu) and Dan (danhurley@uri.edu) today.

Make a donation today if you can and send an email. Let them know in the email that you made a donation to help support the investments Coach Hurley needs to continue to grow the program.

Also, liking and retweeting any tweets about donating, season tickets ect this week can have an impact. Same for sharing post on FB. We all have different Twitter followers and FB friends. Many are URI fans and alumni. Let’s cast a wide net.
This.

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I sent emails to Thorr and DH, but before I read this and didn't think to include the facts that I am donating. If there's a share button at the time of donating, I'll certainly do that.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
skiguy7777
Jim Eitner

Unread post by skiguy7777 »

I have renewed my season tickets and made a donation and sent email indicating my years of support. Also indicated that I would add to my donation if things continue to move forward ( Dan stays).
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Any one know if 100% of the price for merchandise on the ram zone website goes to bball or at least equivalent to purchasing it in the store in the Ryan center?
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

I know giving donations is great for the program obviously but what is even better is purchasing additional season tickets. If everyone bought an extra two tickets instead of the donation and brought their friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc to games, that would be the best thing for the program in the long run. It would increase revenue by the two season tickets, help get more people interested in the program, drive additional revenue for those people you bring when they purchase beverages, food, merchandise, etc.

Overall this is the best thing that we can do as fans. Help drive additional interest in the program, that’s the best long term plan to move the program forward.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

CT Rhody wrote:I know giving donations is great for the program obviously but what is even better is purchasing additional season tickets. If everyone bought an extra two tickets instead of the donation and brought their friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc to games, that would be the best thing for the program in the long run. It would increase revenue by the two season tickets, help get more people interested in the program, drive additional revenue for those people you bring when they purchase beverages, food, merchandise, etc.

Overall this is the best thing that we can do as fans. Help drive additional interest in the program, that’s the best long term plan to move the program forward.
I think either donating or buying tickets is great. The Athletic Dept values donations more. Donations have an immediate impact and give Thorr discreation on where to use the money (charter flights & Ast Coaches’ pay). A significant portion of increased ticket revenue goes to Dan’s pay (no discreation).
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody83 wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:I know giving donations is great for the program obviously but what is even better is purchasing additional season tickets. If everyone bought an extra two tickets instead of the donation and brought their friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc to games, that would be the best thing for the program in the long run. It would increase revenue by the two season tickets, help get more people interested in the program, drive additional revenue for those people you bring when they purchase beverages, food, merchandise, etc.

I think either donating or buying tickets is great. The Athletic Dept values donations more. Donations have an immediate impact and give Thorr discreation on where to use the money (charter flights & Ast Coaches’ pay). A significant portion of increased ticket revenue goes to Dan’s pay (no discreation).
Are you sure about this? I thought Dan had a fixed amount of revenue within his contact about ticket sales and not a variable one?
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Fixed per each contract year.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I thought there was a cap each year. The shortfall between the calculation based on ticket sales and the cap is covered by the Rams Fund (up to $100,000 per year).
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Donation made. Putting my money where my heart is....
PillPushr
Michael Andersen

Unread post by PillPushr »

I donate to the Fast Break on a recurring basis every month. I think it might be nice/good marketing to get some appreciation for that from the athletic department or basketball program in some way. I do get a thank you card from some girl doing work-study at the URI Foundation from time to time, but I doubt she really is connected to the basketball program in any way. Not an absolute necessity for me of course, I am more than happy to keep donating, but people obviously like to feel like their donation is making a difference and is appreciated. If they feel that way, they are more likely to give more.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Here's the other thing re: donating, and why the more I think about it the more insulting it is that people honestly believe $20.18 every year is enough to commit to a high level of basketball here.

We have donors, powerful donors - but they don't want to feel like they're the only ones contributing. $500 or $1000 a year to someone like us is like $50 or $100k to some of them. But if most of us aren't willing to give that $500 or $1000 ($42 OR $85 per month), why should they be willing to do the same?

It really does matter to them if you go up and say "Hey Tom, I just wanted to say I appreciate what you do for the university, and while I can't support them financially on your level - I really to try to give what I can." That goes a long way and makes them feel like they're not in it alone. Regardless of what anyone makes, no one wants to feel like they're just doing the lifting by themselves.

I have a hard time believing that $20/year is the best everyone can do. If it's not a priority of yours financially that's fine, and again you don't owe anyone an apology for how you spend your money - but your expectations for success are out of whack with the realities of what it takes to compete in college basketball today. Realize that buying tickets and merch isn't the same thing as funding the budget. If you are a poster on this message board, the very existence of you posting here means the success of this program matters more to you than 1 trip to starbucks every 90 days. Again, if $20 is all you can afford to give, just give it. If our tens of thousands of alumni gave $20, we'd be in a much better spot.

When you think that UConn spent $10 million to fix the roof of their building and we can't afford to book a charter flight home from our conference tournament you start to realize why it might be a lot more attractive to go somewhere that the donors care enough to adequately fund their basketball program.

Today will tell us if our athletic department is willing to buy in on what it takes - and the next year will tell us if the donors (all of us) want to buy in as well. It's a sustained effort, and if we want to keep watching March basketball we need to start changing how we think.

Give to Rhody's NIL
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Unread post by sandman012 »

RFORTE wrote:For the first time I just donated to the basketball fund (fast break).
ditto, done

Will be making another donation to men's soccer and something non-athletic, but need to figure out right amount.
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Blue Man wrote:Posted this in the coaching thread but it probably belongs over here:

I can’t believe it takes something like this for people to donate.

This is the whole reason we’ve struggled for this long as a program.

Say Dan does leave...does this mean you stop donating then?

Expect to be right back in the Baron zone.

We couldn’t buy out a bad coach because we didn’t have the money. Thankfully we got a good coach to help us win and bring in money, but this is what Dan talks about...commitment to being a good basketball program by EVERYBODY.

I get it if you’re not like me and didn’t start giving money the second we fired Baron (I started working in 2010 but refused to support until we fired CFL)- but if you loved this program, regardless of the coach...and $20 a year is what you’re willing to give after 6 years of a heavy uplift...we’re never going to sustain success as a fan base.

Dan wants everyone - the school, the fans, the admins - to fully commit.

I love the idea of everyone giving even a little bit, every little bit helps.

But you can pay monthly. You can pay weekly. You can pay however works...athletics is flexible. You might even have a company match.

$20.18 is a nice, kitschy story - but what’s that tell athletics and Dan for next year if he stays and we do well - an extra $.01 will come in? That’s the support we’re willing to give?

The opinions on this board and the expectations of this fan base are way out of whack with a $20.18 donation.

$20.18 per month? That’s more like it. $20.18 per week? Now we can really talk about goals.

I really don’t mean to disparage anyone for the donation, it’s much better than the nothing that most give and it is definitely appreciated (plus everyone’s financial situation)...but we need to face the realities of this.

If we want the level of program Dan wants, it takes money.

Charter flights for recruiting, charter flights for games, coach salaries, practice facilities, etc, etc, etc - it’s not cheap.

Again, I LOVE that this run is inspiring people to finally open up their wallets - i just hope that it doesn’t take the best 2 seasons in 2 decades to pull $20 from the fans.

This is the point where everyone needs to choose what kind of a program we want to have. I really hope it’s worth a lot to everyone.
Here here. I am committing to season tickets and donating specifically to Fast Break for the first time, in hopes that even if DH does leave, if there are enough of us like me, we can build a sustainable program ala Dayton and URI, that Thor and others will make the right decisions on hires, infrastructure to get there. If I feel that powers that be arent committing to that in the future, I can choose not to renew and further donate. I am taking a leap of faith. These past two years have reinvigorated my love for the game, and for URI hoops, that the university is committing to a winning program. Call me a band wagon fan, but I don't want to put my hard earned money and limited free time toward mediocre product. I believe that a strong national athletic program reaps downstream rewards for the rest of the university and the state.

Also, at work this morning, I heard some folks talking Dan Hurley situation. I am reaching out to the few alumni I know here who I know have been enjoying watching the team this year, to make at least a small donation today.
Weldinhall97
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Weldinhall97 »

Can someone post the link to where we can make donations?
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

GoRhody site—-> DONATE

Here it is. At minimum ensure you select RAMS FUND.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1638/03 ... 0&cid=2270
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

ATPTourFan wrote:GoRhody site—-> DONATE

Here it is. At minimum ensure you select RAMS FUND.

https://securelb.imodules.com/s/1638/03 ... 0&cid=2270
And Basketball-specific donations are made to the Fast Break Club
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Keep in mind for donations; if you go "unrestricted" to athletics, you get double the points for benefits (priority points are how the athletics department determines ticket allotment and location for road games, tournament games, space on the charter flights, ram lot access, box access, etc).

All athletics money is going to basketball for the most part, and even if you are donating to another program - you're freeing up budget money that can go to basketball.

Thank you everyone who's committing!!!

Give to Rhody's NIL
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Blue Man wrote:Keep in mind for donations; if you go "unrestricted" to athletics, you get double the points for benefits (priority points are how the athletics department determines ticket allotment and location for road games, tournament games, space on the charter flights, ram lot access, box access, etc).

All athletics money is going to basketball for the most part, and even if you are donating to another program - you're freeing up budget money that can go to basketball.

You mean the first selection , "Where its needed most"?
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

sandman012 wrote:
Blue Man wrote:Keep in mind for donations; if you go "unrestricted" to athletics, you get double the points for benefits (priority points are how the athletics department determines ticket allotment and location for road games, tournament games, space on the charter flights, ram lot access, box access, etc).

You mean the first selection , "Where its needed most"?
No - scroll down to "URI Athletics: RAMS Fund (Where Athletics Needs It Most)

First selection is the annual (general) URI fund.

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I just setup a monthly recurring donation!
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I do quarterly and get company to match. Then between that I try to do smaller match-eligible gifts through the year such as when we get a phone call or are asked to participate in a particular fundraising drive.
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

My donation is in. Looking at season tix now. Makes sense, considering I go to almost every home game as it is.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

So, thought I'd check to see if my company would match...here's what they have approved to match.
They all have the same name and Tax ID, but different addresses...do any of them work for what's trying to be accomplished here?:

UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND FOUNDATION
Address
79 UPPER COLLEGE RD
KINGSTON, RI 02881-2023
United States
U.S. Tax ID/EIN: 056014351

University of Rhode Island
Address
319 Lippitt Hall
Kingston, RI 02881-0814
United States

Address
PO Box 1700
Kingston, RI 02881
United States
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:So, thought I'd check to see if my company would match...here's what they have approved to match.
They all have the same name and Tax ID, but different addresses...do any of them work for what's trying to be accomplished here?:

Address
79 UPPER COLLEGE RD
KINGSTON, RI 02881-2023
United States

Address
319 Lippitt Hall
Kingston, RI 02881-0814
United States

Address
PO Box 1700
Kingston, RI 02881
United States
Any of the URI Foundation donations should work. Some companies are weird about athletics donations, so just send it to them and then contact them and let them know you want the donation to go to athletics. Your company will usually ask for a giving receipt.

Give to Rhody's NIL