Intro Lights?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Intro Lights?

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I realize it's the least of our problems but the lighting at the players intros was a joke for the American U game. I wasn't at the valpo game but it was pathetic. The dunk gets black inside during the Friars intros, my grandfather could read the warning label on his medication during the Rams intros. What gives?!?
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: Intro Lights?

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Some lights for The Americam game stayed on for whatever reason. All lights were turned off for Valpo, just like last year. Musta just been a few technical difficulties for the AU game.
Go Rhody
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Big-time nerves before Opening Night…..Maybe the tech forgot to puke before hitting the Control Board.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Go real dark with spot lights or don't bother....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Rhody15 wrote:Some lights for The Americam game stayed on for whatever reason. All lights were turned off for Valpo, just like last year. Musta just been a few technical difficulties for the AU game.
Thanks, I rest my case.
GO RAMS
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I don't like darkened arenas......I'm old and old-school.....just intro the players.....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

It's the least of my worries. But game presentation is seldom a strength at the RC. I'm talking about chatterbox Dan Yorke. Take a breath, buddy.
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Dan Yorke being an atrocious PA guy is one of the more underplayed topics among game day sort of issues.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

And he should be replaced by exactly what??......just asking.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

section(105) wrote:And he should be replaced by exactly what??......just asking.....
A semi-competent PA guy.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Yeah I agree he talks no stop the entire game its really annoying. On top of the volume being turned up all the way its hard to even think during timeouts.

The guy before Yorke was MUCH better. Yorke just sounds like he is trying too hard
Captainron@
Kenny Green

Unread post by Captainron@ »

section(105) wrote:And he should be replaced by exactly what??......just asking.....

Even a semi trained parrot might be an improvement....
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

rhodysurf wrote:The guy before Yorke was MUCH better. Yorke just sounds like he is trying too hard
Yes, Mike Mancuso (@MikeMancuso1323) was a true professional and served the Ryan Center and URI Athletics well. He's now following his PlayByPlay announcing dreams.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

ATPTourFan wrote:
rhodysurf wrote:The guy before Yorke was MUCH better. Yorke just sounds like he is trying too hard
Yes, Mike Mancuso (@MikeMancuso1323) was a true professional and served the Ryan Center and URI Athletics well. He's now following his PlayByPlay announcing dreams.
I agree Mancuso set the bar high but I don't think I'm asking too much to have a semi-competent PA guy. Call me Rhody...

8-)
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

I used to defend York, thinking he would find a balance at some point, but I have to say, if I give it any thought, he doesn't make the experience any better that's for sure. Often he calls our guys names after made shots like he's calling a soccer goal, he yells the name until all the cheering stops, it's quite awkward. Also, twice during the Valpo game he was speaking while we were shooting freethrows, during the shot. Not that this is a huge concern, cos its not, but just sayin...
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'