The Early Line URI vs Providence

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

The Early Line URI vs Providence

Unread post by luke »

The early line has it as Providence - 5. The way they played against Brown and BC, who knows where The Friars are right now? And of course The Rams are no model of consistency. Could be a one point game or a blowout in either direction. I think the first ten minutes will tell. Providence sure looked vulnerable against Brown, though. I would loove to see Earl Watson in the game for considerable minutes. I think he could dominate the boards. Despite The Friars height, they are not that aggressive on the glass. This could be the advantage URI needs. Have to make FTs like Brown did though.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: The Early Line URI vs Providence

Unread post by Rhody74 »

In the podcast I just posted in another thread, KMac seemed certain that URI would outrebound the Fryahs. Watson won't start, but I wouldn't be surprised to see get 20 minutes.
Slava Ukraini!
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

Already seen the line bet down to -4 a half hour after the opening line was posted. If that's any indication, early money is on Rhody and fast.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I agree, luke. I wouldn't mind seeing Watson start. he gives us a pretty tough front line. Of course, unless they allow us to play 6 starters, one of the guards would have to sit. I don't see that happening. Just a thought.
peeps4life
Kenny Green

Unread post by peeps4life »

is it likely that uri shoots over 40% from 3 with 20+ attempts?
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Probably not. URI is bad from 3pt land as well. Wednesday will undoubtedly be a rock fight.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

You figure we are stronger and more skilled in the back court and a better rebounding/defending team. I can see URI forcing a lot of turnovers. Dunn is a careless ball handler.
GO RAMS
peeps4life
Kenny Green

Unread post by peeps4life »

Rhodymob05 wrote:You figure we are stronger and more skilled in the back court and a better rebounding/defending team. I can see URI forcing a lot of turnovers. Dunn is a careless ball handler.
yes.

and his dribble drives are ineffective because he can't shoot and the bigs are never ready for his dump off. he could cause problems for whoever he is guarding however. will the refs let everyone play?
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I hope the refs let the ticky-tac fouls go.
I'm tired of refs dominating games.
You want to see your best against their best.
I don't think we need to shoot 40% from 3 to win.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I would love to have the three guys who did the PC-Brown game. They let a lot of contact go.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Iggy, letting contact go would help us for sure, with our aggressive D.

Haven't we been called for more fouls than our opponents in just about every game this year so far?

A BIG key tomorrow night, is keeping our big men on the floor. Watson and Hassan especially.

Gil will get his usual 2 in the first half, and sit. We can get by with that, as long as the other two are out there.
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Matunuck »

Line is already down to 2 1/2 or 3 everywhere.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Yeah Hurley show, the line is now PC -2.5 on most and at -3 on a couple. maybe some have watched a replay of Providence- Brown. Might go down to even -1 or pk by game time.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Kenpom has it as a 63-61 game, Rhody losing a close one. Rhody is now ranked 59 in his list. Providence is down to 87 after their 3 game skid.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

That's OK, Kenpom had us losing to Nebraska by 2 points also.

Look how that turned out.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Looks like the line has settled at - 3. I have a good feeling about this one. URI wins this game. Mathews has a big night.