Tommy Garrick on Sterling

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Tommy Garrick on Sterling

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

Interesting Kmac interview with Garrick, who played three years during the Clippers bad old days. Garrick said he heard no racism but said Sterling was a notorious cheapskate. I also saw Baron Davis' take on how Sterling used to boo and heckle his own players at courtside.
Section104
Art Stephenson

Re: Tommy Garrick on Sterling

Unread post by Section104 »

Cuttino Mobley was a guest on The O'Reilly Factor last night.
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

What did Cuttino say? I didn't see it.
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Well per usual O'Really let his guests say about 5 words before cutting them off, but he said in the past he never had any issues with Sterling directly. He said Sterling went out of his way to invite him to games and sit with him after he retired. I think the situation surprised him

Said they haven't been in contact as of late.
Rhody4012016
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rhody4012016 »

Give me football or give me death
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Geez, Cuttino looks ten years older than Kenny Green.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Wow. He looks 60. Is he well? I recall some heart issues toward the end of his career.
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

Ramblinrose wrote:Interesting Kmac interview with Garrick, who played three years during the Clippers bad old days. Garrick said he heard no racism but said Sterling was a notorious cheapskate. I also saw Baron Davis' take on how Sterling used to boo and heckle his own players at courtside.
If I'm not mistaken I think players had to buy their own sneakers in those days with the Clippers. I'm not sure if that even happens at RIC.
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Sterling refused to pay for an assistant coach's cancer surgery at $70,000. Said he'd have to it for everyone. A few players chipped in. Garrick said Sterling demanded the highest paid players always play in the fourth quarter, even in blowouts.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

15 Year Lurker wrote:
Ramblinrose wrote:Interesting Kmac interview with Garrick, who played three years during the Clippers bad old days. Garrick said he heard no racism but said Sterling was a notorious cheapskate. I also saw Baron Davis' take on how Sterling used to boo and heckle his own players at courtside.
If I'm not mistaken I think players had to buy their own sneakers in those days with the Clippers. I'm not sure if that even happens at RIC.
maybe, but they were $10 canvas high tops
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Ramblinrose wrote:Wow. He looks 60. Is he well? I recall some heart issues toward the end of his career.
That is what I remember. His last stop was with the Knicks but he did not play due to heart condition that was similar to the one that killed Hank Gathers of Loyola Marymount on the court.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Ramblinrose wrote:Garrick said Sterling demanded the highest paid players always play in the fourth quarter, even in blowouts.
Not much is funny about the Sterling situation, but this made me chuckle.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

This might just have been a bad photo of Cat. But he looks like (way outdated reference) Dick Gregory.