'15 NY SF Elijiah Burns (Notre Dame verbal)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

'15 NY SF Elijiah Burns (Notre Dame verbal)

Unread post by bressler3south »

Elijah Burns - SF
School: Blair Academy (NJ)
Travel/AAU:

Ht: 6'6"
Wt:

RANKINGS:
Rivals:
ESPN:
247Sports:

OFFERS:

INTEREST:

Don't know if Burns has a recruiting spot, but here it is: According to Verbal Commits, URI has offered Elijah Burns, 6'6'' small forward out of Troy, N.Y. Burns is enrolled at Blair Academy, N.J. for upcoming season…
Smokinjimit
ARD

Re: ELIJAH BURNS 6'6" SF NY/NJ

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Good thing he is transferring to a prep league. The comp in this video is lacking.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

test

Unread post by TruePoint »

The Troy Record wrote:TROY – After cementing his status as one of the top players in Section II, La Salle junior Elijah Burns will be taking his talents out-of-state, with plans to transfer to Blair Academy in Blairstown, New Jersey in the fall.

The 6-foot, 6-inch forward first considered the move several months ago after meeting Blair basketball coach Joe Mantegna on the AAU basketball circuit.

“We talked about it and decided that it would be a good idea,” Burns said. “I’m very excited about it.”

Burns was an anchoring force for the Cadets on both sides of the ball, averaging 17.8 points and 10 rebounds per game last season. He was named to The Record’s All-City first-team and was an honorable mention all-state performer in the 2012-2013 season.

The decision to transfer to Blair, which boasts a 294-104 record in 14 years as a program, offers Burns the chance to reclass or, in other words, essentially repeat his junior year and graduate in 2015. The extra season means Burns will have more time to go through the recruitment process and an even better chance at college offers by competing in the NJ State Prep league.

“I think it’s a really good benefit,” Burns said. “It’s going to help me a lot. I’ll have another year to develop my game. So that when I do, more colleges will be able to see me.”

Burns has already received offers from a number of mid-major and Ivy League programs, but is hoping that the opportunities he’ll receive at Blair will help larger Division I schools take notice.

“It’s really a move that’s going to get him a lot more exposure,” La Salle coach Steve Sgambelluri said. “He’s going to play more games and against competition in the prep school.”

While his decision to transfer will have a major impact on the Cadets' season next year, Sgambelluri is anxious to see what Burns can accomplish in this brand-new chapter of his basketball career.

Of course, Burns is disappointed to be leaving La Salle behind, but the basketball standout is thankful for everything the program has afforded him, including the chance to move on to the next level.

“I had a great experience while I was there,” Burns said. “It was great playing and a really good opportunity.”
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/elijah-burns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ub4jKihsOM
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Re: ELIJAH BURNS 6'6" SF NY/NJ

Smokinjimit, I guess that "youtube" clip is from "SCOUTS-OUT-OF-FOCUS.COM" :shock: :shock: :shock:
URIFAN
Zach "1 and Done" Marbury

Re: '15 NY SF Elijiah Burns

Unread post by URIFAN »

Ive seen him play live actually and he is 6'8 and he is the real deal
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop · 6h
The improvement in Elijah Burns over the past year is notable. A strong body who will set screens, finish inside & rebound at Notre Dame.
MrRamsDen76
Michael Andersen

Unread post by MrRamsDen76 »

Bye, bye Elijah, we hardly knew ya....

http://zagsblog.com/articles/elijah-bur ... ore-118887