Season Ticket Reseating & Sales

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Season Ticket Reseating

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

ram1980 wrote:My wife and I are graduating from the mini plan to season tickets. Was filling out the online application but did not see a way to choose my seats other than a price selection. Does anyone know if there is a way on line to choose the exact seats we want
I am working to confirm this, but it appears they are going to call you by phone to discuss your options based on your submitted seating preferences in the online form.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Re: Season Ticket Reseating & Sales

Unread post by ram1980 »

thanks for the info. I actually had a call and an email from them today because I have done mini plans the last few years. I know where I would like to sit, so I will call them and order over phone.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Got my confirmation and invoice today......got my seats from last year in the ADA section of 206 and added one there for 3 and got 4 more in the row in front of the ADA section for my brother from Boston......I am hoping to keep his tickets in RI and when he cannot come I will post to let some fellow posters know of the availability of extra tickets....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Ramulous wrote:Got my confirmation and invoice today......got my seats from last year in the ADA section of 206 and added one there for 3 and got 4 more in the row in front of the ADA section for my brother from Boston......I am hoping to keep his tickets in RI and when he cannot come I will post to let some fellow posters know of the availability of extra tickets....
Pretty sweet plan, Sir!

By the way, I have confirmed with the Athletic Dept that new season tix purchases online do NOT allow for seat selection on the website. Instead, you indicate the quantity and class of seats you like and state your preferences such as (aisle seats, center seats, etc). The box office will call you within 24 hours and personally assist you in finding the perfect seats from what is still available.

When single-game tickets go on sale in mid-October, you will be able to select your exact seats with the live map on the Ryan Center ticketing website.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Somehow missed this release from August 9 on GoRhody.com....

First Year of Online Reseating A Success

KINGSTON, R.I. - For the one-week preiod from July 31 through August 6, the Ryan Center Box Office completed the reseating process for all 2012-13 Rhode Island men's basketball season ticket holders and the nearly 35 individuals who placed an early deposit last March.

While a variety of methods were made available to fans, most individuals took advantage of the new online process to see real-time data regarding what seats were available in the Ryan Center. Previously, fans were required to complete a paper application, indicate their seating preference and then rely upon Box Office and Athletics Development staffs to best accommodate their requests. This year, through the technology available from New Era Ticketing (the box office's new ticketing solution), fans were able to see precisely what seats were available at their selection time, in real time. Many fans were able to retain the same seats they had previously, while others were able to upgrade to seats they would not have otherwise known were available under the old process.

While there were some season ticket holders that were unable to retain the exact same seats, many of these people were able to select comparable or even better seats.

"Out of more than 375 accounts renewed the majority of our ticket holders were able to stay the same or upgrade to a seat of their choice," said Maureen McCarthy, Ryan Center director of ticket operations.

Read the complete release on GoRhody.com
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

What was the maximum tickets you could buy? I bought two, but upgraded our seats to a higher level. My guess is the average number per account is around 3, so there are about 1100-1200 season ticket held seats. If anyone has better information here, it would be interesting to know. I would have thought the number was greater.
Slava Ukraini!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

In the "First Round" where donors in the $1000 and up class got to pick with personal assistance of ticketing office, there were limits on how many seats could be purchsed.... 8, 6, 4 as your donor level went down. Once all those had their shot at getting tix, Round 2 started when they just went through the priority points and other donation levels in sequence where there was NO limit.
Andrew
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Andrew »

Just bought season tickets for the first time. In the 300's for now, but hoping to get in priority-wise when reseating happens again when the wins come.
Go Rhody!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Congrats, Andrew!! May I ask where in 300s you will be?? If you're on the 305/306 side, maybe we can meet in the concourse overlooking the football field during a game.
Andrew
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Andrew »

I put down 309 (above home basket) as a first preference, and 302/308/314 (corners) as a second preference. I took the cheapest option; still giving money to the school as it is!
Go Rhody!
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

just got my season tickets. If you want to pick your seats you can call the box office and order over the phone. They will tell you what seats are available.... Go Rams!!!
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

I'm thinking of getting season tickets, first year without student tickets
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I'm planning on grabbing the weekend mini-plan once again this season. REALLY wish I could be a season ticket holder, but work & geography get in the way.
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

twisted3829 wrote:I'm thinking of getting season tickets, first year without student tickets
That was me last year. Technically I shouldn't have had student tickets for the last Barren year, but nobody asked questions or really even looked at my ID because there was so little interest. In 307 1st row now.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I remember that great feeling the first year I "Graduated" from my "extended use" of student tickets to real season tix in 205. It was so great to find my seat the first time during that season's first exhibition game. So worth it. It was certainly a different experience than standing in 104 since November 2002.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Anybody know when season tix are going to be distibuted? It makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning when I get them!
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

theblueram wrote:Anybody know when season tix are going to be distibuted? It makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning when I get them!
final payment is due this week, so i'd assume after that
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote:Anybody know when season tix are going to be distibuted? It makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning when I get them!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Thanks ATP!
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Last year I picked mine up at Rhody Madness. Guess they are mailing out this year.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

anybody receive their season tickets yet?
Go Rhody
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Not yet.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

Do you think they will mail the extra PC tickets purchased along with the season tickets?
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

URIGONZO wrote:Do you think they will mail the extra PC tickets purchased along with the season tickets?
The additional PC game tickets that season tix holders have ordered will NOT be included in the season tix mailing.

They will be available for pick up at the Ryan Center Box Office starting next week. You can grab them while attending any of the games leading up to the game vs Providence.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Just got my tix!!!!!!!! Three days before my birthday too!!!!! Happy Birthday to me!!!! :D
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Happy early birthday, Blueram!!!
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Yay! Just got my tix! They look great. Love the saturated blue look! Very professional.
Ashcat
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Ashcat »

Just got mine also. This years‘ version feature Mike Powel, Jordan Hare, Xavier Munford, T. J. Buchanan and Mike Aaman.

Let’s get the noise level up at the Ryan Center so that by the end of the season some of us might need the 15% discount coupon for the Beltone Hearing Aid Centers that was included in the package.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Is there any notification of whether you're getting the extra PC tickets or do you have to figure it out by looking at credit card statement?
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Just got mine! Hope to get to the Ryan a lot more this year.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Iggy, I posted about the additional orders of PC tickets a few posts up. Nobody was denied tickets who requested them. Mine hit my credit card on the 17th of October. I didn't get a call so I would assume I got what I wanted. The box office would have called had there been some sort of conflict in my request.
ATPTourFan wrote:
URIGONZO wrote:Do you think they will mail the extra PC tickets purchased along with the season tickets?
The additional PC game tickets that season tix holders have ordered will NOT be included in the season tix mailing.

They will be available for pick up at the Ryan Center Box Office starting next week. You can grab them while attending any of the games leading up to the game vs Providence.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Graduating in December, bought two season tickets anyway along with my friend sec 211 row A, looked online to buy an extra PC ticket, turns out there 1 ticket directly next to the two seats I have for the season. Extremely lucky. Go Rhody!
Go Rhody
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Ramulous wrote:I am hoping to keep his tickets in RI and when he cannot come I will post to let some fellow posters know of the availability of extra tickets....
Worth mentioning that in these scenarios, there's no need to hand the physical ticket to someone. If you log into the Ryan Center ticketing site, you can email any ticket to someone. They'd just have to print it.

It's a nice option if you can't drop the ticket off at will call or something.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

ATPTourFan wrote:Iggy, I posted about the additional orders of PC tickets a few posts up. Nobody was denied tickets who requested them. Mine hit my credit card on the 17th of October. I didn't get a call so I would assume I got what I wanted. The box office would have called had there been some sort of conflict in my request.
ATPTourFan wrote:

Best I can tell they haven't shown up on my credit card statements. And if that's the way they're notifying people, that's pretty lame, imho.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Im one of the lurkers here, but I just purchased my first season tickets and they gave me the option of sitting in section 110 or 205... Any suggestions on which section any of you would prefer I would love your advice... I would like to sit near RI fans and if I remember correctly section 110 is usually where the opposing teams fans sit? Either way I'm excited for the season to start and Go Rhody!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

Studley06 wrote:Im one of the lurkers here, but I just purchased my first season tickets and they gave me the option of sitting in section 110 or 205... Any suggestions on which section any of you would prefer I would love your advice... I would like to sit near RI fans and if I remember correctly section 110 is usually where the opposing teams fans sit? Either way I'm excited for the season to start and Go Rhody!
Visting team fans actually sit in 103. 110 is closer to the court, however you won't have a great view of the main scoreboard as it will be over your shoulder. 205 is slightly higher up but the section is at center court with a great view of everything.

Honestly though, there really aren't any "bad" seats at The Ryan. You can't go wrong either way.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Depending on what row in 205, I'd still suggest 205 for scoreboard view, center positioning, and better, wider, more scenic concourse.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

While the 100s get you closer to the court I get a better sense of game flow from higher up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Slava Ukraini!
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

110 is not really courtside. It's raised up and you actually have to go to the 200 level to get down to 110. The first row which I think is 4 seats, has one of those plexi-glass barriers in front of it with a railing on top. Depending on your height, it can be a problem. You either have to try and look over the railing or crouch down to see under the railing.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Thanks guys! I choose section 205..I'll be in row J seats 20 and 21...I'm ready to get the Ryan Center louder then ever!!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Studley, those were my seats for my first 3 yrs of season tix. Then I had J 19-20. Great spot!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:Best I can tell they haven't shown up on my credit card statements. And if that's the way they're notifying people, that's pretty lame, imho.
Just received this email:

Rhode Island Men's Basketball Season Ticket Holders

At this time we wanted to let you know that your requests for additional Rhode Island vs. Providence College Men’s Basketball game tickets have been processed.

We will be printing them next week and they will be ready for pick up at any of the upcoming Men's Basketball games in November.

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your extra seats please call 401-874-7267.

In addition, at this time you should have received your 2013-14 MBB season tickets. Should you have any questions or concerns or if you have not received them please give us a call at 401-874-7267 or email us at tickets@theryancenter.com.

Thank you and Go Rhody!

Maureen McCarthy
Director of Ticket Operations
Ryan Center - Boss Ice Arena - URI Athletics
One Lincoln Almond Plaza
Kingston, RI 02881