All time Rhody 3 on 3 team

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Ben
Abdul Fox

Re: All time Rhody 3 on 3 team

Unread post by Ben »

This board never ceases to amaze me. One of the reason why I don't live here any more. Having said that...

Kenny Green
Lamar Odom
Silk Owens

Bench: Sly Williams & Cuttino Mobley

* Tyson Wheeler on the practice squad in case of injury or me changing my mind.

(I love the concept of the thread, by the way.)
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

It's a great question. I'll eliminate anyone I didn't see with my own eyes. The other thing is we aren't talking best three players but best 3 on 3 team. LOTS of jumpers in a 3 on 3 game. And you rarely see lock down D. So, I'd probably go Silk, Jimmy Baron, and Odom. Silk and Baron to score and knock down jumpers and Odom to at least have someone inside who can board and get garbage buckets.
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Nice bos
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

OK, just to clear the air, I apologize for my rant and did not mean to offend anyone with the first F bomb I remember on the board. My daughter, who is in charge of social media at VH1(Viacom) was very mad at me! The Red Sox lost, Falcons lost, Braves lost, I lost my tennis match that day, government still shut down, and THEN I felt I had to defend why I started an innocent 3 on 3 post. Overreaction? OK, yes, guilty.
Rod, I do not like your attitude AS A POSTER, absolutely nothing personal. Yes, I posted late, but blame the NFL for starting games so late, commercials, replay reviews, traffic, travel, etc. At least the thread got back on track.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I get it, Ramtastico. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.
I also get the premise of the thread, which I did not at first.
Overreact? Sure, we both did. It happens.
Peace.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Carl K Tortella
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Carl K Tortella »

When Jon Clark was recruited the word from the coaches was that he was a banger!! In hindsight they must have meant that he got laid often!!!
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

The question is... Is Chris Holm eligible for my 3 on 3 team, or is he only eligible for Vermont's?
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Bos8 wrote:The question is... Is Chris Holm eligible for my 3 on 3 team, or is he only eligible for Vermont's?
If you play him on your URI team you can only let him see a couple of mins for the first few games, and then you must make it apparent he won't get playing time for 2 more years.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Gonebarongone wrote:It's a great question. I'll eliminate anyone I didn't see with my own eyes.
With that criteria, my team would be what... Munford, Malone, and Malesevic? Yikes. I appreciate the history lessons with this kind of talk, it's good stuff.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sly Williams
Cutino Mobley
Lamar Odom

Unstoppable
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

Sly Williams was the best URI player I ever saw. Easily. Should have had a long pro career. But he had other interests. Funny how Chris Holm has become Bill Walton. Truth is, he was only slightly better than Clark.