2023-24 Schedule (top post is current)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: 2023-24 Schedule (top post is current)

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I 100% agree the A10 has declined, and it's worrisome. I don't think it's at the point where it's no longer landing at large bids. Will it happen in some seasons? That does seem more likely. If St. Louis, Dayton VCU etc, bail, then yes, we are screwed. But I think the conference still has plenty of talent and fantastic coaches. I think we'll be ok.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 9 months ago I 100% agree the A10 has declined, and it's worrisome. I don't think it's at the point where it's no longer landing at large bids. Will it happen in some seasons? That does seem more likely. If St. Louis, Dayton VCU etc, bail, then yes, we are screwed. But I think the conference still has plenty of talent and fantastic coaches. I think we'll be ok.
I agree Stevey, not all doom and gloom.

There are certain things that are out of our control, so can't sweat over that.
The fans here just need to chill out a little.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Ramster brings up many good points. The A10 trends and trends in the sport overall are very concerning. Also, the strategy of expansion in the current cbb environment - and considering the trends - does not make sense, imho. I think contraction makes more sense at this point in time, if doable. However, I don’t think the conference is cooked just yet as there are good programs and coaches still in place.

If the good programs/coaches play and coach to expectations and the conf makes some scheduling and revenue sharing tweaks, I think we can still be a multi-bid conference. The conf needs to win its share of meaningful games (playing close isn’t good enough) and not lose or struggle in q4 games, if not then what Ramster presents above will come to fruition and that would really, really suck.

Good discussion. Adapt and overcome. 👍🏼
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

WLNE just reported in their 6pm news tonight that URI and PC have agreed to a new ten year alternating home and home annual meeting series that starts once the current contact expires.
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

https://gorhody.com/news/2023/8/2/mens- ... tball.aspx

At least both sides indicated how important this game is to both programs. It’s pretty much the only guaranteed sell out on Rhody’s home schedule. Maybe not so much with PC but it’s still one of those games that even if they are not good they can still sell out.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RF1 wrote: 9 months ago WLNE just reported in their 6pm news tonight that URI and PC have agreed to a new ten year alternating home and home annual meeting series that starts once the current contact expires.
I'm guessing it was a pretty easy negotiation now that Cooley is gone.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 9 months ago
RF1 wrote: 9 months ago WLNE just reported in their 6pm news tonight that URI and PC have agreed to a new ten year alternating home and home annual meeting series that starts once the current contact expires.
I'm guessing it was a pretty easy negotiation now that Cooley is gone.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Our biggest rival no doubt , let’s get it on !!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Jersey77 wrote: 9 months ago
ramster wrote: 9 months ago
rjv wrote: 9 months ago Well said Ramster...Dayton too hurt for NIT but would have been fine for NCAA
What is going on....anyone????
I was there talking to some VCU and Dayton fans after the Championship Game. It was ridiculous for Dayton to have such a weak-ass excuse and people with me were saying "was Dayton going to sit out an NCAA AQ Bid?"Of course not, yet people buy that bullshit from Dayton's team.

This is where the McGlade being awol from Championship Sunday A10 Commissioner needs to step into the Dayton turning down post season play.

McGlade could have pushed for Fordham or St Louis to take Dayton's place in the NIT. Probably wouldn't have mattered but at least show your face, at least say something, anything.

Look at the PAC12 and how they are being so poorly led, and the ACC that signed a disastrous long term media agreement to the mid 2030''s. Both conferences are suffering right now. Both are in danger of being significantly altered and even disbanded.

McGlade gets Loyola added which was a disaster 15th place finish and she says when Loyola was added AND a year later she wants to add a 16th team to the A10!!! What? We are a 1-bid league now under your leadership!

Could McGlade's lack of energy, lack of visibility, lack of leadership, and poor decision making be part of the reason good coaches are bolting the A10 and/or retiring? I'd guess it plays a part. Good management vs bad management always plays a role.

1 Post Season Bid in 2023. One. Sad.

And one more stupid McGlade thing.....

Why does the 1st, 2nd and 3rd All Conference Team get 6 players each when only 5 are on the floor at one time?

And if you buy the 6 per team then why does the all defensive team and the rookie team only have 5 members? Why don't they get 6?Last year Will Richardson of Fordham should have been All Rookie - might have made if if there were 6 spots. And he definitely should have made All Rookie ahead of the guy from 15th place Loyola. Fordham finished 3rd A10 and Richardson was a key guy on that team.

And then Leggett not making All conference. So disappointed and pissed with his omission it played into his leaving for a greener pasture. Does McGlade listen to anyone? Ask for feedback on anything? Certainly not enough. She should be fired. A10 is nearing rock bottom in MBB.
Ramster you are really on a rant.

Get fired, the A10 members keep extending her, so I guess they seem to like to her.

She is also one one of the longest tenured conference commisioners and well respected among her peers and sports community, must be doing something right.

Again, I don't give her credit when the teams perform well or blame her when they struggle.

Coaches leave for higher profile programs and a bigger pay day, that isn't on her.

To be honest, I really don't care how many players are on the All-Conference Teams,
The coaches vote on which players are selected, ask them if you have issues with that.

Actually to me this whole discussion is pointless.
I just want our team to win and and that will take care of everything.
I am not concerned about the politics and inter-workings of the conference which none of us have a real understanding of.

Our team the last 3 years finished 10, 11th, and 14th.
The only thing I am concerned about is getting out of the bottom tier and start competing for conference titles.
As you point out, she is one of the longest tenured commissioners in college athletics and over the last five plus years the conference has gone downhill. So...

A. If she's responsibile as commissioner then she hasn't been doing her job well, her leadership has gone stale, and it's time for a new vision.

Or...

B. If she's not responsible than what exactly is she getting paid for and why does it matter if she's even still in the role?
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Ramster, time to move on.
Let's not keep rehashing what happened over 5 years ago.

The administration wasn't going to hire Pitino back then, get over it.

Let's discuss now and present in this thread about our current schedule and the latest addition of Delaware.
You accused me of slamming Archie. Hence the history......

Bad hire with Dooley turning down Pitino.
And fine, if you don't want Pitino there were other fish in the sea besides an unproven Assistant Coach after Hurley brought URI back to the Harrick peak and the Baron era of zero NCAA appearances.

Cox was left with a program and a roster in great shape but steadily went downhill. Toppin, Martin, Long and even Russell all jumped ship as all felt other programs/coaches could advance their growth better - they were all right. Recruiting suffered. Miller left in a mess. Huge hole to get out of 6 years AH (After Hurley).

Picked 15th preseason A10 by several prognosticators in the worst A10 overall I can remember. Nowhere to go but up (I guess)

Fire McGlade.
OMG, enough already.

McGlade has nothing to do with this thread or us finishing 15th.
Actually McGlade has a ton to do with the schedule. Go look at our conference schedule. It's fucking terrible with maybe three interesting teams on there. That has everything to do with her poor leadership and the erosion of our conference under said poor leadership
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 9 months ago

You accused me of slamming Archie. Hence the history......

Bad hire with Dooley turning down Pitino.
And fine, if you don't want Pitino there were other fish in the sea besides an unproven Assistant Coach after Hurley brought URI back to the Harrick peak and the Baron era of zero NCAA appearances.

Cox was left with a program and a roster in great shape but steadily went downhill. Toppin, Martin, Long and even Russell all jumped ship as all felt other programs/coaches could advance their growth better - they were all right. Recruiting suffered. Miller left in a mess. Huge hole to get out of 6 years AH (After Hurley).

Picked 15th preseason A10 by several prognosticators in the worst A10 overall I can remember. Nowhere to go but up (I guess)

Fire McGlade.
OMG, enough already.

Actually McGlade has a ton to do with the schedule. Go look at our conference schedule. It's fucking terrible with maybe three interesting teams on there. That has everything to do with her poor leadership and the erosion of our conference under said poor leadership
OMG, we just finished 14th, and you are bitching about our conference schedule.
Is McGlade also to blame about our OOC schedule?

So glad the posters on this board don't make the decisions about our conference administrators.
As I said before, the A10 members seem to like McGlade because they keep extending her.
If that changes at some point then so be it, you may end up getting your wish.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Well at least they're all dear friends, because that's truly the most important thing, far more important than the commissioner doing a good, competent job
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 9 months ago Well at least they're all dear friends, because that's truly the most important thing, far more important than the commissioner doing a good, competent job
They think she is, not sure how good friends they are.
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

To be fair, the NCAA kept extending Mark Emmert and he is wholly incompetent.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

STC wrote: 9 months ago To be fair, the NCAA kept extending Mark Emmert and he is wholly incompetent.
Not anymore, his exit was years in the making.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

PeterRamTime wrote: 9 months ago
theblueram wrote: 9 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 9 months ago

Yeah they are never really a terrible team. Have a couple NCAA bids a couple years.

Not a true resume building game, but they aren't a hapless Q4 program. Better to have a neutral game with them than another cupcake.
Delaware had a NET of 225 last year. This is a hapless Q4 game. Sorry.
HA

All I said was that they aren't that bad 😂

Last year aside, they aren't that bad. Their roster is solid, they have A-10 level athletes and they are two years removed from a tournament bid.

But nah you're only shtick is to shit on everything involving the program. Must be a fun way to express your fandom!
It's kinda easy these days. The Conference is a mess, and the landscape of NCAA hoops is a mess.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

STC wrote: 9 months ago To be fair, the NCAA kept extending Mark Emmert and he is wholly incompetent.
Also tbf...I mean...I even still have a job (for now anyway), so....
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

OMG, enough already.

So glad the posters on this board don't make the decisions about our conference administrators.
As I said before, the A10 members seem to like McGlade because they keep extending her.
Yeah scheduling is and will always be about how you finish the year before. It's probably the most realistic and fair way to make it. No demerits for the ol' battleaxe there.

But my gripe is with the idea that the conference presidents like and continue to extend McGlade - um duh. Most of our conference sucks at basketball and doesn't invest in basketball, yet they keep getting fat NCAA checks off the backs of the schools that do the heavy lifting. Yeah, I'd vote for that too in their position.

Doesn't mean it's best for the conference, and doesn't mean it's keeping anyone in the conference if a better one comes calling.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote: 9 months ago

Yeah scheduling is and will always be about how you finish the year before. It's probably the most realistic and fair way to make it. No demerits for the ol' battleaxe there.

But my gripe is with the idea that the conference presidents like and continue to extend McGlade - um duh. Most of our conference sucks at basketball and doesn't invest in basketball, yet they keep getting fat NCAA checks off the backs of the schools that do the heavy lifting. Yeah, I'd vote for that too in their position.

Doesn't mean it's best for the conference, and doesn't mean it's keeping anyone in the conference if a better one comes calling.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Yeah, I understand your frustration, but that is the case in many of the mid-majors.
I have not heard of any major gripes by the upper tier teams regarding the conference leadership and the financial distribution.

I actually think there is more parody in our conference top to bottom.
Who would have thought that Fordham would finish 2nd in the standings, plus Duquesne and St. Joe's have positioned themselves to be in the top 5 for 23-24.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Yeah, I understand your frustration, but that is the case in many of the mid-majors.
I have not heard of any major gripes by the upper tier teams regarding the conference leadership and the financial distribution.

Who would have thought that Fordham would finish 2nd in the standings, plus Duquesne and St. Joe's have positioned themselves to be in the top 5 for 23-24.
I disagree. We aren't a mid major. We're in this unique range of conferences with the AAC, Mountain West, and WCC that can expect at large bids.

One bid leagues can do the split because they roll the dice and one of them is going to make it.

The other conferences that I mentioned are about to have their top teams ripped apart by more conference realignment, so obviously they're grappling with the same issues we are, and all of a sudden will be back on their way to one bid land.

The problem with the parity in our conference is in terms of investment, results, and general suck. Yeah - I don't think there's a lot of difference between Fordham, George Mason, La Salle, Loyola, Duquesne, GW, or St Joes.

I put VCU, Dayton, St Louis, UMass, Richmond, URI in a different class.

Bonnies and Davidson I put in the middle as "coach only" schools - i.e. small arena and fanbase, cute story with the right coach, but we'll see what happens to Davidson now without Bob, and what could happen to Bonnies if Schmidt ever leaves.

I don't view Joes or Dukes as "top 5" simply because last year was so crazy and terrible you can't put any stock in those teams' performance. Relative to the landscape of college basketball and postseason tournaments - the landscape agrees with me. Yippee that our perennial cellar dwellers had up-years in a down conference. In the grand scheme of things they're where they always are, just had way less competition.

But that group of 8 I put ourselves with, needs to figure something out. Even if you had to include Bonnies/Davidson in that group to get a 10 team conference, you gotta do something.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I disagree. We aren't a mid major. We're in this unique range of conferences with the AAC, Mountain West, and WCC that can expect at large bids.

One bid leagues can do the split because they roll the dice and one of them is going to make it.

The other conferences that I mentioned are about to have their top teams ripped apart by more conference realignment, so obviously they're grappling with the same issues we are, and all of a sudden will be back on their way to one bid land.

The problem with the parity in our conference is in terms of investment, results, and general suck. Yeah - I don't think there's a lot of difference between Fordham, George Mason, La Salle, Loyola, Duquesne, GW, or St Joes.

I put VCU, Dayton, St Louis, UMass, Richmond, URI in a different class.

Bonnies and Davidson I put in the middle as "coach only" schools - i.e. small arena and fanbase, cute story with the right coach, but we'll see what happens to Davidson now without Bob, and what could happen to Bonnies if Schmidt ever leaves.

I don't view Joes or Dukes as "top 5" simply because last year was so crazy and terrible you can't put any stock in those teams' performance. Relative to the landscape of college basketball and postseason tournaments - the landscape agrees with me. Yippee that our perennial cellar dwellers had up-years in a down conference. In the grand scheme of things they're where they always are, just had way less competition.

But that group of 8 I put ourselves with, needs to figure something out. Even if you had to include Bonnies/Davidson in that group to get a 10 team conference, you gotta do something.
We probably are a mid-major plus.
Not really disagreeing there.

I think there is just so much that can be done, and much of it is out of our control.
We will just have to see how things shake out.
Right now, my major concern is us.
Bartoburger
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Bartoburger »

Does anyone know if URI has reached out to UConn to schedule them for games? I would guess Hurley would be up for it. I always shake my head how New England D1 ADs disregard local rivarlies to schedule. URI should be playing UConn every November or December even if it means playing the games in Storrs. Same goes on the womens side.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Bartoburger wrote: 9 months ago Does anyone know if URI has reached out to UConn to schedule them for games? I would guess Hurley would be up for it. I always shake my head how New England D1 ADs disregard local rivarlies to schedule. URI should be playing UConn every November or December even if it means playing the games in Storrs. Same goes on the womens side.

UConn for the most part stopped playing URI a few years into the BE when Calhoun first arrived. Calhoun and then Ollie didn't often schedule URI and I highly doubt Hurley will do so. Despite UConn rarely playing Rhody in the last 30 years, our Rams are still far and away the Huskies most played opponent all time by nearly 30 games.
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

A game with Rhody should have been part of Hurley's escape clause.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

At this point in our rebuild, why would we want to lose to a team by 30 or 40 points? Dan wouldn't want that either. Even though all coaches and players are gone from when he was here, he still has friends here, like Thorr and others.
Bartoburger
Marc Upshaw

Heaven forbid you give the fans a regional rival - UConnn that they want to see. There are plenty of UConn Alums in Rhode Island and vice versa. Logic seems to go out the window and egos get in the way when nonconf. games are scheduled. My point is give the fans schools close by a call and make it happen. Glad to see URI and Providence play each other. I am still waiting for UMass and UConn to start playing yearly again, both in mens and womens bball. Coaches and ADs could care less what their fans want.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Last time played UCONN was away December 2000
Last time a home game vs UCONN 1985

Thank Dave Gavitt for ruining long, long time regional games and rivalries in New England

New England Basketball interest declined steadily since the 1970's and early 1970's unfortunately. Those were the days.
89954FA2-E7E7-4A75-A450-3F0351195E70.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ramster wrote: 9 months ago Last time played UCONN was away December 2000

Thank Dave Gavitt for ruining long, long time regional games and rivalries in New England

New England Basketball interest declined steadily since the 1970's and early 1970's unfortunately. Those were the days.

Games between the schools pretty much ended once Jim Calhoun came to Storrs in 1986. While Calhoun has a vacation house in the state, he has NEVER been a friend to Rhode Island.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote: 9 months ago

Games between the schools pretty much ended once Jim Calhoun came to Storrs in 1986. While Calhoun has a vacation house in the state, he has NEVER been a friend to Rhode Island.
True, but even after Calhoun departed in 2012 there have been zero games since then with Kevin Ollie and Dan Hurley. I don't expect to play them anytime soon even though it's only 55 miles from Kingston to Storrs.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

True, but even after Calhoun departed in 2012 there have been zero games since then with Kevin Ollie and Dan Hurley. I don't expect to play them anytime soon even though it's only 55 miles from Kingston to Storrs.
Yet in Baseball, just this century - since 2000, URI has played UCONN 37 times.
Bartoburger
Marc Upshaw

Too bad they dont play eachother at Mohegan Sun Arena. However Hurley probably sees more risk than reward in playing URI away from Storrs/Hartford.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

That is interesting , Ramster. The baseball game numbers appear to indicate that the lack of interest in competing is not on an institutional level. Is it personal (coaches discretion and/or AD’s discretion), financial, strategic (doesn’t fit particular the sports mission), a combination of all 3 or something else I haven’t listed?

Are the lack of games between us and UConn just in basketball and football?

How about the other non-revenue sports, like soccer, for example?
Last edited by Jdrums#3 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

We should have an anytime, anyplace attitude and hammer away. If nothing else, the trash talking will be worth it.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 9 months ago

That is interesting , Ramster. The baseball game numbers appear to indicate that the lack of interest in competing is not on an institutional level. Is it personal (coaches discretion and/or AD’s discretion), financial, strategic (doesn’t fit particular the sports mission), a combination of all 3 or something else I haven’t listed?

Are the lack of games between us and UConn just in basketball and football?

How about the other non-revenue sports, like soccer, for example?
URI has played UConn in soccer several times in recent years. The Rams won the last two games against the Huskies in '21 and "22. They are not scheduled to play in 2023
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Obadiah wrote: 9 months ago ...of days long gone by

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhode_Isl ... m%20mascot.
Ob, perhaps like some things in life - like fashion - local, regional rivalries - like us and UConn - will come in vogue again (what goes around, comes around). Although, it will take a long while - probably not in my lifetime.

Maybe when some exec’s at the media networks in the future come up with an original, creative idea (sarcasm) in their own minds because they have no other way to monetize college sports. Lol!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody Vault and a few others want all 4 Rhode Island Teams to play one another every year. PC, URI, Brown and Bryant. RV has been pounding this concept as it if was his own.

This is more the way to go - URI and PC play 2x per year with a Home and Home. Now that is exciting and it's the way it used to be back before the Dave Gavitt Big East formation.

New Mexico and New Mexico State are smart to do this. It is what players want and it is what fans want and it is what students want. Easy travel.

We don't need PC and URI playing Bryant and Brown every year - much better to play each other twice.

Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 9 months ago Rhody Vault and a few others want all 4 Rhode Island Teams to play one another every year. PC, URI, Brown and Bryant. RV has been pounding this concept as it if was his own.

This is more the way to go - URI and PC play 2x per year with a Home and Home. Now that is exciting and it's the way it used to be back before the Dave Gavitt Big East formation.

New Mexico and New Mexico State are smart to do this. It is what players want and it is what fans want and it is what students want. Easy travel.

We don't need PC and URI playing Bryant and Brown every year - much better to play each other twice.

With all the MTEs, conference challenges and potential for more league games, doubt it gets done.

Would be great for the state and for each schools revenue, but I don’t see it happening, especially with the new 10 year contract
Go Rhody
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

I don't think Hurley is ducking us. What would be great would be a double header at Mohican Sun featuring both men and women playing each other. Even if we took it on the chin, it would be a great atmosphere and a big step for both of our programs. My guess is Archie would be opposed to it.
Think big, we do.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 9 months ago I don't think Hurley is ducking us. What would be great would be a double header at Mohican Sun featuring both men and women playing each other. Even if we took it on the chin, it would be a great atmosphere and a big step for both of our programs. My guess is Archie would be opposed to it.
Think big, we do.
Hurley would never play URI the same way he would never play Wagner or any team Bobby Hurley coaches.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 9 months ago I don't think Hurley is ducking us. What would be great would be a double header at Mohican Sun featuring both men and women playing each other. Even if we took it on the chin, it would be a great atmosphere and a big step for both of our programs. My guess is Archie would be opposed to it.
Think big, we do.
I don't see why Archie would be opposed to it. I can see why Hurley and the UConn administration would be against it, though I think Mohegan Sun could give UConn enough money to make the administration's issue go away
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I wonder how conference realignment will impact conference challenges in basketball and if it will give the A10 an opening to re-engage with another conference in the near term and/or long term ?
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Blue Man would be the authority on this issue. If he says Hurley won't play URI the same way he wouldn't play Wagner, then that is it.

Honestly, I kind of figured that would happen. When he went to UConn, I was thinking, it's going to be a loooong time before we get another game with UConn unless we see them in a round in the NCAAT.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Gonzaga, Kansas, Purdue, UCLA, Syracuse, Marquette, Tennessee and Chaminade all scheduled to play in the Maui Invitational starting November 20.
Played each year at the Lahaina Civic Center.

May need to relocate due to tragic conditions there.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

The tragedy in Maui aside, I was never a fan of any of the Hawaii tournaments, especially that lesser one we used to go to where they couldn't keep the floor dry during the games because of the humidity. Injury city.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

1 - There is not a universe when PC/URI play twice a year again. Once a year is bad enough (your average KenPom is 99 the last decade, and that's a lie, because it's 99 while removing Hurleys and Millers first years). I think most of you acknowledge it would never happen, still made me spit out my water seeing it even mentioned.

2 - Interest aside, I don't see a universe where the money makes sense to get a "RI Cup" done. PC and URI already hate paying Brown/Bryant $50-$70k a game to "drive down the road." Are Brown/Bryant giving up a chance at a buy game for a chance at "The Cup?" What about ticket allotment? Is it part of a season ticket package? Home team keeps the revenue? If it a state tournament, all teams should be getting relatively equal tickets, no? Who possibly goes for that? If it's just a bunch of random games not a double-header, it's not a "state tournament," but I think you would agree it's kinda dumb to have Brown/Bryant play before PC/URI and the only tickets are URI season ticket holders. Logistics are rough on this one..
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 9 months ago 1 - There is not a universe when PC/URI play twice a year again. Once a year is bad enough (your average KenPom is 99 the last decade, and that's a lie, because it's 99 while removing Hurleys and Millers first years). I think most of you acknowledge it would never happen, still made me spit out my water seeing it even mentioned.

2 - Interest aside, I don't see a universe where the money makes sense to get a "RI Cup" done. PC and URI already hate paying Brown/Bryant $50-$70k a game to "drive down the road." Are Brown/Bryant giving up a chance at a buy game for a chance at "The Cup?" What about ticket allotment? Is it part of a season ticket package? Home team keeps the revenue? If it a state tournament, all teams should be getting relatively equal tickets, no? Who possibly goes for that? If it's just a bunch of random games not a double-header, it's not a "state tournament," but I think you would agree it's kinda dumb to have Brown/Bryant play before PC/URI and the only tickets are URI season ticket holders. Logistics are rough on this one..
What a petty post. Take about coming at issues with negativity.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Once again, a PC fan thinking they're Duke, Kentucky , Kansas or UConn.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

There will be good wi-fi in the Ry before URI and PC play twice a year. In other words, not happening.