Season Ticket Reseating & Sales

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Season Ticket Reseating

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I don't know who Rhody Jay is, but that's one of the smuggest posts
I've read in a long time.
It's like, "Screw the people who are fans. Only the ones who donate mean anything.
Everyone else can eat shit and like it".
Really? You think your money makes you better than everyone else? BULLSHIT!
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rodfromcranston wrote:I don't know who Rhody Jay is, but that's one of the smuggest posts
I've read in a long time.
It's like, "Screw the people who are fans. Only the ones who donate mean anything.
Everyone else can eat shit and like it".
Really? You think your money makes you better than everyone else? BULLSHIT!
I read his post the same way, Rod. I guess because I lost my full time job of 34 years, have only been able to find part time work, have medical problems and no longer have medical insurance, I am not a good fan anymore.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

The industry I was in for 25 years, no longer exists.
Nobody is interested in hiring a 63 year old who was in
management/ownership for those years, and retraining for
a new field.
Employers want young and cheap.
I am on Social Security. I tell people I'm retired. That's not by choice.
My job is watching my two granddaughters, while my daughter
is working. A consolation is, that it's nice that I can have a positive impact on their young lives.
Still, I can't get a sniff on a night job.
Medical insurance? What's that?
I guess you and I, Billyboy, suck bigtime as fans. Maybe I should take my savings
and send it to URI, instead of paying my mortgage and bills, so I can be in some exhaulted level of donor?
Let us eat cake!
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Selective comprehension I'd say... Or just blatant distortion of what I posted.

For instance, you ignored this line from my post... "I'm sure the University greatly appreciates season ticket holders even if they can't donate." That goes for me as well.

The point is if you think that buying season tickets alone is going to get you prime seating at the Ryan Center year after year with a successful program you are mistaken. You may not like it. But this will be the new reality.

If you can show me a successful D1 program that is operating any differently please let me know. I've looked at several top programs and this is how things work.

Rhody72 is right.. "Re-seating is a necessity to increase donations. New big-money donors are not going to give to sit in the corners. There is a tremendous financial opportunity for URI to significantly increase donations."
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

"I'm sure the University greatly appreciates season ticket holders even if they can't donate." That goes for me as well"

Golly gee wilikers! Thanks for the crumbs.

"Let's get all the season ticket holders together and have everyone bring proof of how many newspaper articles they've read about the URI basketball team, how vocal they are at games and how many nachos and souvenirs they've bought. You'll get priority points for each! We can even give points for Facebook posts and Tweets too!

Whoever has the most priority points gets to choose their seats first! So hurry up and start Tweeting!!"

Your mocking people's tweets, posts, buying concessions, or whatever the hell you look
down your nose at, says it all. We're so unworthy to be in the company of such great donors!
End of story.
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Ok Rod. Interpret what you wish. And anyway, we all know you have never mocked anyone on this message board. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the future, I'll try to refrain from stating the facts
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I think you guys are taking this personally when it isn't personal. Nobody's support goes unnoticed or unappreciated, but I think you are being a little idealistic with respect to this seating situation. The athletic department has a duty to the program and the coaches and players to maximize revenue and donations. They aren't telling you that you don't matter because they won't cost themselves money to make sure you get to keep the exact same seats forever and ever.

People here complain when we don't have enough money to buy out a lousy coach, and you would complain if we didn't have enough money to keep this coach or follow through on the commitments we have made to him. You can't have it both ways. If you want the program to succeed you can't begrudge them a viable way to make money. You will still get your seats, and they'll be as good as what you want to pay for. They just may not be the EXACT seats you had last year. Is that the end of the world?
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

You're right TP... On all points. Go Rhody!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I 'm not worried about where I'm sitting. I had front row seats at PCC and center court seats at Keaney, when Penders was coach, before they went to their system of points.
My initiation to URI basketball involved a family of donors, who could bury most.
They sat from row/center balcony at Keaney. They had the entire row. I never once in all those years heard
a word about their donations or condescending comments about fans who were not
in their strata.
I understand the economics of why they went to their point system. When I lost my wonderful seats, I wasn't happy,
but I understood why.
It's the snotty comments I resent. I wasn't part of the original conversation. I even made fun of the times.
But, this guy's mocking a long time fan, who tried to defend himself, and was more or less in the same boat
as I, pissed me off.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Why couldn't a donation level per seat just be tacked on to current tickets?

http://www.friars.com/tickets/prov-seatingcharts.html

Not that the Friars do everything right, but that system seems to make much more sense then simply up and moving people from their current location. Plus, most people donate on top their PSL, and those donation levels are used to recognize fans in terms of away travel tickets (to games such as URI or BC or also to travel with the team to Marquette, etc., which the fans still have to pay for but its highest donation points first).

I feel for the diehard fans (like myself for a different team). You could give me the lottery, and I would never dream of moving my seats at the Dunk. I have that special of a connection to those seats. Someone who simply donates does not correlate with a good fan. Those are the ones who stay away when the team is bad, who don't want to be troubled when the road is bad because of weather. I remember reading here when the blizzard came through, and you people (as a collective group) were naturally extrodinarily worried about trying to get to the game. Do you think the "Johnny Come Lately's" will? In an effort to "increase" donations, you tend to hurt your fan product.
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

it's the same process as always the only thing is new is doing it on the computer, they do the reseating process every 2 years
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

rjsuperfly66 wrote:Why couldn't a donation level per seat just be tacked on to current tickets?

http://www.friars.com/tickets/prov-seatingcharts.html

Not that the Friars do everything right, but that system seems to make much more sense then simply up and moving people from their current location. Plus, most people donate on top their PSL, and those donation levels are used to recognize fans in terms of away travel tickets (to games such as URI or BC or also to travel with the team to Marquette, etc., which the fans still have to pay for but its highest donation points first).

I feel for the diehard fans (like myself for a different team). You could give me the lottery, and I would never dream of moving my seats at the Dunk. I have that special of a connection to those seats.

I'd be on board with that. I like it actually. This way you know what you need to donate to keep your seats and aren't in a situation where you donate and still have the possibility that you lose your seats. I wonder though if they are putting an unnecessary cap on what the amount of money they can raise. For example, some of their seats require a donation of $400 per seat. Maybe someone would give $1000 per seat.

But overall, I like the idea. Sets clear expectations and doesn't leave you wondering if you may or may not lose your seats.

I'm sure URI thought of this but would be good feedback to share with them.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I mentioned this approach earlier in the thread as an alternative to the current system that I'd be ok with. I think RoadyJay is right, though, that you could be discouraging people from donating more.

I wonder how big of an issue this all is in reality. Most of the people who regularly donate money and buy season tickets also probably want to stay in the same seats. How many people are just going to come out of the woodwork after a 8-21 season and make an enormous donation that puts them ahead of longtime donors in terms of points so they can steal their seats? If a couple people have to move seats because a couple other people made giant donations, I see that as an overall positive for the program. I just don't see it as being all that likely, at least not frequently enough to matter.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

RoadyJay wrote: I wonder though if they are putting an unnecessary cap on what the amount of money they can raise. For example, some of their seats require a donation of $400 per seat. Maybe someone would give $1000 per seat.
While true, I think you have to trust that your top-income donors are going to donate regardless of what the seat says they should donate. In fact, maybe they exceed their normal donations because to a lot of people, the price of the ticket is the price of the ticket and they forget that the PSL's are included in that. And again, donors are still rewarded. When it comes to games in the NCAA Tournament, the Ryan Center, or heading down to Lexington, KY for a date with the Wildcats in 2014, who gets first crack at the best tickets? The big spenders. They get to sit right behind Ed Cooley, right behind the team. I'd say that is a pretty nice reward for spending some bucks on the program.

PC had their highest level of athletic donations ever last year. In fact, when PSL's were instituted around 2005, donation levels for the athletic funds at PC were roughly 400K (and that was after the Gomes years where attendance was very strong). Even after years of futility, last year they raised over $4 million. And did they piss one person off achieving their goals?

Again, consider me an advocate that you reward the DIEHARD fans because they are the ones buying tickets through the good and bad times. A $10,000 per year donor is likely going to donate that regardless of where they sit in the RC. I know many PC alumni who dropped their tickets during the Keno years but kept their donations to the school.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

anyone who sat through the last 2 seasons at 75% of the home games should automatically either keep their seat or move up. their eyes deserve it.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

If you donate $5K or more, then you should be able to keep your seat. If you donate $500-$5K and increase your donation by 10% every 2 years, then you should be able to keep your seat. (These levels should go up by 10% every 2 years as long as the team has a 2 year winning conference record.) Once all donations are in, those guaranteed of keeping their seats, should have a shot at taking available seats in order of their donation before general re-seating occurs. I would drop, the years of continuous donations. Money should matter, continuous giving should matter and winning should matter.
NCAAs or Bust!
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Pretty sure I'm going to be able to maintain my highly coveted sitting on the sofa with my laptop spot for this season.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I have missed you, '72.

You come up with some good ideas, I have to admit. That one is reasonable all around.

Once the team starts to win, obviously every effort should be made to keep the coach, and then the tickets should also rise in price each year.

I think all of those are dependent factors, though. If they are unable to keep the coach and hand the program over to an untested rookie coach, or another CFL looking to retire with very limited potential, then don't expect people to pay more for tickets.

Common sense.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

rodfromcranston wrote:If you're buying season tickets, you ARE supporting URI athletics.
You buy the tickets, you buy the food, you buy souveniers.
It's called BEING A SUPPORTER of the program.
Some of us are in survival mode, finacially, and don't have the luxury of
massive donations.
Our voices at games, our interest in the program, is plenty.

Rod these are my feelings exactly. I'm not rich, sorry. I've paid to watch Concordia, more than once, plus many other crap games. I feel there should be some reward for loyalty, and that it shouldn't just come down to cash. I get what the rest of you guys are saying, but I don't agree. If we get really good and we need to raise more money via seat licensing, I would understand and consider it. But this seat auction thing coming off the seasons we've gone thru is just annoying.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ace wrote:Pretty sure I'm going to be able to maintain my highly coveted sitting on the sofa with my laptop spot for this season.
Same here, unless they start raising the prices on the streaming, then I'll start getting angry!! :)
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

bigappleram wrote:anyone who sat through the last 2 seasons at 75% of the home games should automatically either keep their seat or move up. their eyes deserve it.
Like these people, who at least last season, with the exception of the Blizzard Nemo game, had all their season tix scanned upon entry to the Ryan Center for every game.

By the end of the season, if an account showed that 100 percent of the tickets were used for all 15 home games for the 2012-13 season, account holders achieved the Perfect Attendance honors.

I'd love to see the list of true perfect attendance last season INCLUDING the blizzard game, and NOT only because I would be on it. ;)

http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/ ... 0628dhamn1

Men's Basketball Announces Season Ticket Holder Perfect Attendance Honor Roll

KINGSTON, R.I. -- Close to 150 men's basketball season ticket account holders attended every home game at the Thomas M. Ryan Center during the 2012-13 season, excluding the Feb. 9 game vs. St. Bonaventure during Winter Storm Nemo.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

Tom Ryan went to every home game last year?? I doubt that. Good to see 2 professors I had while at URI on the list. Shwarzbach and Vandermeesh.
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I talked to someone at URI about that. I know several on that list, who likely never went
to a single game, because they live in Florida during the winter.
The criteria is, if the ticket is scanned for every game, it counts toward the seatholder.
Which means, some of these people are giving their tickets to someone who went to the games,
not themselves.
To me, that makes the list bogus.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

URIGONZO wrote:Tom Ryan went to every home game last year?? I doubt that. Good to see 2 professors I had while at URI on the list. Shwarzbach and Vandermeesh.

That doesn't mean he went to every game, just that his tickets were scanned at every game. There is a differene.
Rhodygirl2
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodygirl2 »

Well I'm glad I got my Perfect Attendance award (where is my certificate?!!) without counting the Blizzard game because I didn't make it and it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Scheduled to fly home from biz trip in Paris - landed in Philly, rest of the airports shut down - drove as far north as I could get but then CT shut down the highways. So I checked into a hotel in North New Jersey and fired up the laptop to listen. Was so bummed I couldn't make it since I had planned my flights specifically so I could get home for the game.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:
URIGONZO wrote:Tom Ryan went to every home game last year?? I doubt that. Good to see 2 professors I had while at URI on the list. Shwarzbach and Vandermeesh.

That doesn't mean he went to every game, just that his tickets were scanned at every game. There is a differene.
I think those tix holders who ensure that SOMEONE uses their tickets for each game are worth applauding. There were MANY season tix holders the last few seasons who simply kept their seats but rarely showed up for ANY games. That really hurts the atmosphere.

Props to Tom Ryan for making sure his tickets didn't go to waste. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the view of the game from those seats on the railing. It's a great spot.

RhodyGirl2, you ladies are so hard core. Wasn't surprised to see you on the list!! If I didn't live in Wakefield, I wouldn't have attempted to make it to the Nemo game, obviously.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ATP, totally agree. I was just addressing what Gonzo said. I think it is unrealistic to expect that person can get to every single game during a season without ever having a conflict, and it is great if people that can't go do get someone in their seats.
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:I talked to someone at URI about that. I know several on that list, who likely never went
to a single game, because they live in Florida during the winter.
The criteria is, if the ticket is scanned for every game, it counts toward the seatholder.
Which means, some of these people are giving their tickets to someone who went to the games,
not themselves.
To me, that makes the list bogus.

Why is it bogus?

The press release is clear.. "Through URI's Perfect Attendance recognition program, loyal season ticket holders are rewarded for attending every game themselves, or providing their tickets to family members, business associates and friends to use."

They aren't trying to fool anyone.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Hey, I didn't say they were trying to fool anyone, DID I?
The criteria is bullshit.
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:Hey, I didn't say they were trying to fool anyone, DID I?
The criteria is bullshit.
Why is the criteria BS? If I give my tickets to a few kids from a Youth Basketball team I shouldn't qualify?

The point is to encourage season ticket holders to keep their seats occupied even if they can't attend personally.

That is certainly not bogus.

And anyway, what are they going to do check IDs to make sure it was the season ticket holder that actually came?
URIGONZO
ARD

Is it my fault that the teams stunk so bad that 2 years ago I couldn't give a ticket away to someone because there was absolutely no interest?

I always make sure my tix are made available if I can't go......sometimes there are simply no takers, although I have a feeling that is going to change.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Happy to be on the list and I didn't give my tickets away to anyone....
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Men’s Basketball 2013-14 Season Ticket Reseating begins July 31

KINGSTON, R.I. -- All Rhode Island Men's Basketball season ticket holders and those who have placed a deposit on season tickets will soon have an opportunity to select seat location for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons.

The seat selection/reseating process is intended to be fair to all season ticket holders and each seat selection time has been set based upon annual donor society level and cumulative priority point total/rank.

All eligible ticket holders were emailed and mailed official notification of seat selection date and time on July 19. If you have not received this notification please contact the box office at 401-874-7267 prior to July 26 at 4 p.m.

This year's reseating process is designed to allow ticket holders with the ability to take ownership of their seating assignments by selecting their own seats if they choose. All eligible ticket holders can make your seat selection in three ways:
  • Online during your slated selection time listed above
    For detailed information and instructions regarding the online process click here. This is the recommended method.
  • In-person during your slated selection time listed above at the south box office.
    Please Note: In-person selection will take place in the south box office. Should you choose this selection option, you must enter the south lobby located next to the Tootell Aquatics Center. It is strongly encouraged that you arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your selection time.
    For detailed information and instructions regarding the in person process click here.
  • Mail or fax the reseating request form prior to July 26.
    For detailed information and instructions regarding the request form process and to obtain the request form please click here.
Click here to read the complete release on GoRhody.com
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Also, I received by mail a letter from Athletics Development on Monday detailing my priority points status including a breakdown of my points.

Some positive news on the health of our donor base was included, comparing FY2012 to FY2013:

Code: Select all

RECOGNITION SOCIETY  ANNUAL GIFT RANGE  2012 COUNT  2013 COUNT
    KEANEY              $10,000+           24           30
  GOLDEN RAM             $5,000+           41           39
  SILVER RAM             $2,500+           51           53
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR        $1,000+           156          169
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

A final reminder message was emailed earlier today which included a new request that season tix holders "RSVP" by indicating which method they plan on utilizing to renew and select their seats.

The RSVP is clearly optional but will help the ticket office know what to expect as far as mail/fax forms and in-person renewals.

http://www.gorhody.com/rsvp

Here is the full message in case someone did not receive it via email:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Reminder for 2013-14 MBB Reseating/Seat Selection

All eligible ticket holders were emailed and mailed official notification of seat selection date and time on July 19th. If you have not received this notification please contact the box office at 401-874-7267 prior to close of business today as reseating will start as early as tomorrow evening.

This year’s reseating process is designed to allow ticket holders with the ability to take ownership of their seating assignments by selecting their own seats if they choose. For ticket holders who can’t or do not want to select online two other options are available. All eligible ticket holders can make your seat selection in three ways:

*Seat selection occurs in 5 minute intervals. Therefore, it is important to select your seats during your specified time, and not delay, as more people will enter the system every 5 minutes. You can still select after your time slot but it is important to note that every 5 minutes another person will enter the system with you.

This year’s reseating process is designed to allow ticket holders with the ability to take ownership of their seating assignments by selecting their own seats if they choose. For ticket holders who can’t or do not want to select online two other options are available. All eligible ticket holders can make your seat selection in three ways:
  • Online during your slated selection time listed above.
    For detailed information and instructions regarding the online process click here. This is the recommend method.
  • In person during your slated selection time listed above at the south box office. Please Note: In person selection will take place in the south box office. Should you choose this selection option you must enter the south lobby located next to the Tootell Aquatics Center. It is strongly encouraged that you arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your selection time.
    For detailed information and instructions regarding the in person process click here.
  • Mail or fax the reseating request form prior to July 31st.
    For detailed information and instructions regarding the request form process and to obtain the request form please click here.
Detailed instructions on the entire reseating process and your three (3) selection options can be found at http://www.gorhody.com/tickets/men-s_ba ... breseating.

In addition, once you have determined which of the three (3) ways you will be selecting your seats with us please RSVP HERE.

Should you have any questions regarding the upcoming reseating process pleas call the Box Office at 401-874-7267.

Need Practice?

Ticket holders looking to test out the system prior to their actual live selection process can do so by clicking here. Please note: This test event will go off line tonight at 11PM. This link will help you activate your account, log into the system and test out the buying/seat selecting process.

The demo/test site is the same process as the live reseating except for the following:
  • Passwords will be different
  • Passwords will be limited access passwords
  • You will only be allowed access to the event based on your rank and selection time

Thanks again for your support of Rhode Island Athletics.

Maureen McCarthy
Director of Ticket Operations
Ryan Center - Boss Ice Arena - URI Athletics
One Lincoln Almond Plaza
Kingston, RI 02881
Tel: 401-788-3240
Fax: 401-788-3051
mmccarthy@theryancenter.com
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

ATP: I think that actually shows how hard it is to raise money. if my math is right, that's a 7 percent increase in the number of donors, which is obviously not hugr. Some of the big donors are giving money for the Italy trip and the student center, but it's hard to get donations out of the average person who goes to games.
I'd be pleasantly surprised if there's a big jump in season tickets, too.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I would expect a bigger jump from this season to next season. Taking away context, it is a small miracle to increase donations coming off an 8-21 season.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:I would expect a bigger jump from this season to next season. Taking away context, it is a small miracle to increase donations coming off an 8-21 season.
Right, the one element that has yet to be injected into this formula for raising $$ is WINNING. This season and the following ones will certainly help fill in that major gap.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I will be increasing my season tickets, 300%.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Nice, Rod!
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Iggy, that 7% is an increase in the donors who give $1000 and above and not all donors. To be include in the URI donor groups you have to give at least $100 and donors in the range $100 to $999 total about 600. That group may have increased even more. At any rate, cultivating donors is a big URI challenge since total donors has been under 1000 for over a decade. Both UMass and UConn and other peer schools have donor bases that exceed 5000.
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

Vandermeesh was my accounting professor back in the day. Huge supporter of the basketball team.
'No Mercy.'
URIGONZO
ARD

Shwarzbach was also an accounting professor......those bean counters sure love their hoops!
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Obadiah wrote:Iggy, that 7% is an increase in the donors who give $1000 and above and not all donors. To be include in the URI donor groups you have to give at least $100 and donors in the range $100 to $999 total about 600. That group may have increased even more. At any rate, cultivating donors is a big URI challenge since total donors has been under 1000 for over a decade. Both UMass and UConn and other peer schools have donor bases that exceed 5000.
OB: thanks for that info. We're making the same point: cultivating donors is a big challenge.
Rhodygirl2
Steve Chubin

Counting down the minutes - my seat selection is at 7pm tonight - next 12 mins will take forever....

2 computers ready, Rhody gear on, I'm ready to go!
Rhodygirl2
Steve Chubin

Well that didn't go as well as I'd hoped - we need 4 together this year so in 205 we had to go to row G to get it. There were a few lower rows with 2 together in 205, my old seats in row B and a few in C and E but that's it.

A lot of 205 was taken, even all the way to the top on the aisles, I'm a little skeptical of this process now since I actually doubled my donation last year, moved up significantly in the selection order and still the heart of 205 was taken already....
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Interesting development RG2, increasing the number of seats you want can be a problem, but I would guess less so since you moved up on priority points. So the only explanation to your problem is that current season ticket holders with higher priority than you are buying more seats or are moving from another section of arena to 205.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Dear Rhodygirl2,
The numbers don't lie. $$$$$$$$ talks. Though your donation was doubled, relative to your life a significant financial commitment, there will always be many others with much, much more than you'll ever have. They will never-ever have to be "skeptical," because they'll always be "special," and they will sit wherever they damn-well please.
I don't have a lot of money, work two jobs, and not much free-time, but one day I found myself with a rare free 45 minutes. I went to Inskip Motors and looked at a Maserati. It was beautiful. A salesman approached me, quite by chance, and asked if I was interested. Sure, I said, but explained the life-situation. He had a laugh, I had a laugh, and then took me for a spin. It was great.
When we got back, the salesman was approached by a young couple. The husband wanted to buy a Maserati. When it came down to the dollar-figures, the husband asked about the cost per month, and without missing a beat, the salesman politely said, "Sir, if you have to think about the cost of this vehicle, it's something you truly can't afford at the moment. Give it time, you'll get there. Let's find you something you can enjoy and afford for the near future," and led him away by the elbow.
Classic.
Anyway, "Re-seating" is the new reality. Get used to it. You may triple or even quadruple your donation, and get even worse seats next year! Be thankful!! Just ask Roadyjay.
P.S. Don't divulge how many articles you read or how many nachos you buy or how often you tweet or how long your family has been supporting the University!!!!! They just indicate signs of inferiority, because it's all about the bottom line: WHO CAN GIVE THE MOST AND WHO GAVE THE MOST.
P.P.S. Remember one more thing: That's why it's called THE RYAN CENTER -- AND NOT -- THE ROADYJAY CENTER!!!! 8-)
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Good post Bressler!
Yes a nice Maserati Ghibli circa 1972, or and Aston Martin DB5,
or the ultimate Ferrari 365 GTB.
Harrumph....back to backetball.
This ticket seating is a nightmare. My sample "seating chart" doesn't open on the individual sections.
I've tried it in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. No dice. Upgraded the Java. Nope.
Back and forth with the Ticket Manager to no avail.
AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Are you still stuck on September 31 at 13:00 a.m.?!?!?!?!?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: