2023-24 Schedule (top post is current)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
jcru
Sly Williams

Re: 2023-24 Schedule (top post is current)

Unread post by jcru »

I'm with BlueMan.

6-3 as the baseline. More = gravy. Beat PC in Providence = massive upset that has season trajectory implications.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

If we can go 1-1 that be a bonus in Mohegan

I had us losing to Yale and PC
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

spookydog wrote: 11 months ago
Blue Man wrote: 11 months ago
reef wrote: 11 months ago Thinking 4-5 in those 9 there maybe 5-4 ??
Am I wrong to think 6-3 as a baseline, but potentially 7-2/8-1?

Expected wins: CCSU, Fairfield, Brown, UNH - 4-0

Tough but could/should: Yale, @ Charleston - 1-1

Tough but maybe - Miss State/WSU, @PC - 1-1

Tough, probably not, but maybe? - Northwestern - 0-1

That's how I'm thinking about the OOC right now.
I would say you are wrong at 6-3. I bet you didn't have them 0-2 after home games against Quinnipiac & Texas St last season. Obviously would love a 9-0 but I think it is going to 4-5 with wins against CCSU, Fairfield, Brown, UNH. Maybe sneak out a win against Yale or Miss St/WSU. to go 5-4
Yes Spooky, that is pretty much my thoughts also at this time.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

reef wrote: 11 months ago Thinking 4-5 in those 9 there maybe 5-4 ??

I would say you are wrong at 6-3. I bet you didn't have them 0-2 after home games against Quinnipiac & Texas St last season. Obviously would love a 9-0 but I think it is going to 4-5 with wins against CCSU, Fairfield, Brown, UNH. Maybe sneak out a win against Yale or Miss St/WSU. to go 5-4
I am thinking that the starting lineup for that Quinnipiac game: Bassy, Bray, Ish, Malik, and Samb, would get boat-raced and embarrassed by this year's starting lineup of Kortright, House, Montgomery, Fuchs, and Brown.

Comparing this years team to last years team - who has only 2 returning players that saw minutes basically at the end of the season - is ludicrous.

With the exception of ish - every single player that left is playing for a lower level program or not playing at all.

Ish represented 17% of the minutes played last year. So only 17% of the minutes played by Rhody Rams in '22-'23 went to an improved situation. Weston (8%) and Rory (4%) have stayed. That means 70% of the team is going to improve - because it would be impossible for the players coming in to be worse for this team than what we lost.

The staff didn't have to get desperate and wait to take high risk/high reward guys this time around. And unlike last year, we actually have some semblance of an NIL collective to go and get the guys they wanted. We had ZERO dollars last year. That's how we wound up with the talent we had.

Thankfully we've got brilliant people running the collective that have rectified that situation quickly.

It amazes me how we're so quick to temper expectations under a proven coach like Archie, but people were still expecting Dave Cox to take us dancing through year 3.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I’d be very happy with 6-3, but think it’s a reach.
Slava Ukraini!
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

I am thinking that the starting lineup for that Quinnipiac game: Bassy, Bray, Ish, Malik, and Samb, would get boat-raced and embarrassed by this year's starting lineup of Kortright, House, Montgomery, Fuchs, and Brown.

Comparing this years team to last years team - who has only 2 returning players that saw minutes basically at the end of the season - is ludicrous.

With the exception of ish - every single player that left is playing for a lower level program or not playing at all.

Ish represented 17% of the minutes played last year. So only 17% of the minutes played by Rhody Rams in '22-'23 went to an improved situation. Weston (8%) and Rory (4%) have stayed. That means 70% of the team is going to improve - because it would be impossible for the players coming in to be worse for this team than what we lost.

The staff didn't have to get desperate and wait to take high risk/high reward guys this time around. And unlike last year, we actually have some semblance of an NIL collective to go and get the guys they wanted. We had ZERO dollars last year. That's how we wound up with the talent we had.

Thankfully we've got brilliant people running the collective that have rectified that situation quickly.

It amazes me how we're so quick to temper expectations under a proven coach like Archie, but people were still expecting Dave Cox to take us dancing through year 3.
I hope you are right. I agree with your assessments on improvements, I just haven't a clue what will happen with this years team. I am assuming that this year's roster is going to be better. I would be upset if it didn't turn out that way. IMHO I think there are a lot of question marks with this team. All of those players came from lower divisions (minus Fuchs from Germany), so maybe they will struggle a bit to start off going up a level or still trying to gel together. Who the hell knows? All I am saying is that I am not going to purchase my tickets for Glendale just yet. :)

In addition, I am not tempering expectations at all. I think I have been pretty fucking spot on given I am the back to back reigning champion of Obadiah's great Prediction Contest. Show some damn respect. ha ha ha :lol:
(adding this note that I am clearly joking about the respect thing since sarcasm is hard to detect. ha)
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I was thinking 5-4 figuring an improved roster compared to last year but 6-3 sounds much better. I’d be good with that.

I don’t see us getting blown out in any of the losses because I think we will be improved defensively, in the front court, in hitting 3’s as a team and in not turning it over as much. So we should be within 10 pts or less in the losses.

Hopefully we keep hitting FT’s at a high rate.

Let’s get this train a’rollin!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago I was thinking 5-4 figuring an improved roster compared to last year but 6-3 sounds much better. I’d be good with that.

I don’t see us getting blown out in any of the losses because I think we will be improved defensively, in the front court, in hitting 3’s as a team and in not turning it over as much. So we should be within 10 pts or less in the losses.

Hopefully the obvious 4 wins at home should be a given.

Yale will be tough and possibly steal the 2nd game at Mohegan.
In those 2, I feel we will be lucky to get a split, so at best 1-1.
I think we have a better chance to lose both those than win them.

Northwestern and PC can easily be blow-outs, not in our favor.
Charleston can also be very ugly.

With all that said, I am still very optimistic about our staff and our program.
I just don't think it is going to happen for us this season.
We will continue to see some gradual improvement, and the following year should be a different story.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

I hope you are right. I agree with your assessments on improvements, I just haven't a clue what will happen with this years team. I am assuming that this year's roster is going to be better. I would be upset if it didn't turn out that way. IMHO I think there are a lot of question marks with this team. All of those players came from lower divisions (minus Fuchs from Germany), so maybe they will struggle a bit to start off going up a level or still trying to gel together. Who the hell knows? All I am saying is that I am not going to purchase my tickets for Glendale just yet. :)

In addition, I am not tempering expectations at all. I think I have been pretty fucking spot on given I am the back to back reigning champion of Obadiah's great Prediction Contest. Show some damn respect. ha ha ha :lol:
(adding this note that I am clearly joking about the respect thing since sarcasm is hard to detect. ha)
I hate that your responsible, measured, and conservative opinions have been correct lol.

Both us losing and me being measured or conservative in this arena aren’t how I like to do things haha.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I hate that your responsible, measured, and conservative opinions have been correct lol.

Both us losing and me being measured or conservative in this arena aren’t how I like to do things haha.
I do see us much improved over last year thinking in the 6-8 more wins range hopefully more if things go our way
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 11 months ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago I was thinking 5-4 figuring an improved roster compared to last year but 6-3 sounds much better. I’d be good with that.

We will continue to see some gradual improvement, and the following year should be a different story.
Charleston will be a tough game but I don’t see what is so special about Charleston that we would lose in a blowout (losing by 15 or more points is my personal definition of a blowout).

Northwestern is at a neutral court and because of proximity to RI, we will likely have a favorable crowd so, I think we can keep it to 10.

With PC, you may be correct because they are better on paper than us and things can get out of hand in a road rivalry game. However, they have a new coach and a coach new to the rivalry whereas Archie knows what to expect in this game and from their key players, like Hopkins. That said, I believe Archie will have this team ready for this game and I think we hang around against them before succumbing to their superior talent.

We weren’t a talented team last season. We were poor at making 3’s; turned the ball over a lot which resulted in frequent offensive droughts; got pushed around under the basket often on both defense and offense and yet despite all that we were able to hang in most losses.

This team has the potential to shoot the 3 better, not turn the ball over as often and be more physical in the front court. Being potentially better in those areas, and IF everything else (like foul shooting %) remains comparable, will make us a tougher out even against better talent and able to go 5-4 in those games (6-3 IF we catch some breaks and bounces go our way whereas we didn’t catch any breaks last season).

That’s my early season take. We shall see how it goes.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 11 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago

Charleston will be a tough game but I don’t see what is so special about Charleston that we would lose in a blowout (losing by 15+ points is my personal definition of a blowout).

Northwestern is at a neutral court and because of proximity to RI, we will likely have a favorable crowd so, I think we can keep it to 10.

With PC, you may be correct because they look much better on paper than us and things can get out of hand in a road rivalry game. However, they have a new coach and a coach new to the rivalry whereas Archie knows what to expect in this game and from their key players, like Hopkins. That said, I believe Archie will have this team ready for this game and I think we hang around against them before succumbing to their superior talent.

We weren’t a talented team last season. We were poor at making 3’s; turned the ball over a lot which resulted in frequent offensive droughts; got pushed around under the basket often on both defense and offense and yet despite all that we were able to hang in most losses.

This team has the potential to shoot the 3 better, not turn the ball over as often and be more physical in the front court. Being potentially better in those areas, and IF everything else (like foul shooting %) remains comparable, will make us a tougher out even against better talent.

That’s my early season take. We shall see how it goes.
Charleston was fantastic last year, but I thought they lost a few pieces for this year? If they have the same team coming back then yes we could get stomped. But I'm pretty sure Bolon, Larson, and Robinson are gone. Larson was the best player in the conference tournament games I watched. Big loss if he's gone. But I could be wrong as I don't follow them much...

We will still likely lose to them, but I don't see it getting ugly.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Stevey, you are correct. Those 3 players aren’t on the ‘23-‘24 Charleston roster.

Although, they do have a 6’10” big from Croatia (Brzovic) that could give us trouble (CAA 3rd team and CAA all tourney team). Also, a 6’9” forward, Frankie Policelli, a grad transfer from Stony Brook (started his college career at Dayton before transferring out) where he averaged 13 a game.

A solid, tough opponent on the road but we can hang around with them, I believe, if we play to my early expectations. It’s tough to win true road games however, so I think this will be a close loss (under 10 pts).

That said, there’s a long way to go before tip off. Hopefully, both teams avoid the injury bug to play at full strength.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago Stevey, you are correct. Those 3 players aren’t on the ‘23-‘24 Charleston roster.

Although, they do have a 6’10” big from Croatia (Brzovic) that could give us trouble (CAA 3rd team and CAA all tourney team). Also, a 6’9” forward, Frankie Policelli, a grad transfer from Stony Brook (started his college career at Dayton before transferring out) where he averaged 13 a game.

A solid, tough opponent on the road but we can hang around with them, I believe, if we play to my early expectations. It’s tough to win true road games however, so I think this will be a close loss (under 10 pts).

That said, there’s a long way to go before tip off. Hopefully, both teams avoid the injury bug to play at full strength.
Charleston should be very good again this season.

Aside from the 2 quality bigs mentioned above (Policelli and Brzovic) they have some other nice players returning and added some very good pieces:

(G)Reyne Smith- Averaged 11 pts last season and 21-22 All-CAA Rookie Team.
(F) Ben Burnham - Averaged 9 pts last season and also on the 21-22 All-CAA Rookie Team
(Wing) Bryce Butler- Div. 11 All-American, averaged 22.4 pts (43% 3 pt)/ 7.6 rebs.
Took his team to the National Championship game.
(G)Kobe Rodgers- Helped lead Nova Southeastern (36-0) to the Div. 11 National Title, averaged 13 pts.
(G) CJ Fulton- All-Patriot League transfer averaged 10.4 pts (39% 3pt)/ 5 rebs.

Plus, they have some talented freshmen which includes 4* top 100 recruit (F, 6'8") Mayar Wol and 3* (F/C 6'11") James Scott.

Head coach Pat Kelsey only 48 already has a nice resume', look for him to move up to a higher profile program/conference in the not-too-distant future.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Good points, Jersey. However, if we are going to be concerned about Div 2 players - whether Div 2 all Americans or not - we have much bigger issues than debating how much we could lose by in this particular game. :D
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago Good points, Jersey. However, if we are going to be concerned about Div 2 players - whether Div 2 all Americans or not - we have much bigger issues than debating how much we could lose by in this particular game. :D
Don't kid yourself Jdrums, Div.2 players can be a least as good or better than Jucos.

Ryan Hawkins from Div 2 transferred to Creighton and only became All-BE that season and led Creighton in scoring and rebounding (21-22).
RJ Sunahara who also played for National Champs Nova Southeastern was highly sought after in the portal and just signed with Georgia.

As I posted, Charleston will be very good this season.
We will need to play our A game in order to have a chance to win or even keep it close.
Especially on the road in their arena.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Perhaps. However, being concerned about Div 2 players and striving for NCAAT births don’t seem to jive with me.

If Div 2 players are burning us then, we have dropped significantly as a program. Much more than I ever figured and, I am not prepared to go there yet.

Charleston is a solid program but, if we are getting blown out by a CAA team with Div 2 players playing integral roles then our days of competing for an A10 championship, competing with and beating P5’s in the regular season and in the NCAAT are a long, long way away if even attainable again. I don’t believe that to be the case. This coaching staff and team should be able to keep the game close against an upper tier CAA team on the road and I am confident they will.

Therefore, though you lay out legit points, I will agree to disagree with you regarding this particular game. That said, good back and forth Jersey. Much appreciated 👍🏼

But, if by chance we do get blown out, please remember to refer me the name of a good shrink because I am going to need counseling for Rhody bb fandom depression.

Go Rhody!
Last edited by Jdrums#3 11 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago Perhaps. However, being concerned about Div 2 players and striving for NCAAT births don’t seem to jive with me.

If Div 2 players are burning us then, we have dropped significantly as a program. Much more than I ever figured and, I am not prepared to go there yet.

Charleston is a solid program but, if we are getting blown out by a CAA team with Div 2 players playing integral roles then our days of competing for an A10 championship, competing with and beating P5’s in the regular season and in the NCAAT are a long, long way away.
We aren't going to come close to being concerned about getting an NCAAT bid this season, so don't worry.

Charleston has much more than just the two added Div. 2 players discussed above, even though they happen to be good regardless of what-ever level.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago Perhaps. However, being concerned about Div 2 players and striving for NCAAT births don’t seem to jive with me.

Charleston is a solid program but, if we are getting blown out by a CAA team with Div 2 players playing integral roles then our days of competing for an A10 championship, competing with and beating P5’s in the regular season and in the NCAAT are a long, long way away.
We aren't going to come close to being concerned about getting an NCAAT bid this season, so don't worry.

Charleston has much more than just the two added Div. 2 players discussed above, even though they happen to be good regardless of what-ever level.
Agreed, Jersey, not this coming season. Just to clarify, I was thinking in subsequent seasons, not this coming season.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Agreed, Jersey, not this coming season. Just to clarify, I was thinking in subsequent seasons, not this coming season.
Yes, next season can be a whole different story for us.
Archie will need to keep our core group together.

Curious to see how they fill out the remaining 4 OOC games.
I have a feeling Seton Hall is off the table, but who knows.

Our conference schedule should be very favorable considering last season's record.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 11 months ago Good points, Jersey. However, if we are going to be concerned about Div 2 players - whether Div 2 all Americans or not - we have much bigger issues than debating how much we could lose by in this particular game. :D
Duncan Robinson played D3 at Williams, transferred and started at Michigan, played in the national title game. Don’t think the Big 10 or other opponents really gave a shit he played D3.

He then signed a 90 million dollar deal with the Heat.

The best D2 players can absolutely have a big impact at the mid major level.

Case in point, Loyola’s best player this season.
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 11 months ago
Duncan Robinson played D3 at Williams, transferred and started at Michigan, played in the national title game. Don’t think the Big 10 or other opponents really gave a shit he played D3.

He then signed a 90 million dollar deal with the Heat.

The best D2 players can absolutely have a big impact at the mid major level.

Case in point, Loyola’s best player this season.
Yes, Alston averaged almost 15 pts and 6 rebs. (led them in both categories) for Loyola.
He should be a handful this season.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Our conference schedule should be very favorable considering last season's record.
I'm not ready to write off this season yet. If D2 players will make a big impact, why can't some of ours??

What if Fuchs and Cam are the real deal? What if House and Zek make a jump like Ish did under Archie's system? Weston has all the talent in the world. Brown and Foumeana are better than our frontcourt last year. From the practice tapes, it looks like Bilau is moving well. You add him, and I like our frontcourt. Green and Rory can hit the 3. Kortright will be much more consistent than Bray, especially on the defensive end.

If I had to put money on it, I think we are still two years away from landing a bid, but I have more faith in this roster than last year. We were in a lot of games last year with a horrendous roster. I think we will pull out some surprise wins this season.

I believe!!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 11 months ago

I'm not ready to write off this season yet. If D2 players will make a big impact, why can't some of ours??

What if Fuchs and Cam are the real deal? What if House and Zek make a jump like Ish did under Archie's system? Weston has all the talent in the world. Brown and Foumeana are better than our frontcourt last year. From the practice tapes, it looks like Bilau is moving well. You add him, and I like our frontcourt. Green and Rory can hit the 3. Kortright will be much more consistent than Bray, especially on the defensive end.

If I had to put money on it, I think we are still two years away from landing a bid, but I have more faith in this roster than last year. We were in a lot of games last year with a horrendous roster. I think we will pull out some surprise wins this season.

I believe!!
Yeah Stevey not writing this season off, because I am really looking forward to it.
I am very curious to see how this group comes together and how much each of the players will contribute.
I just don't have high expectations because I think it will take time for all the newcomers to gel.
Just so many unknowns at this point and lots of speculation.

Yes, we will probably get some surprise wins along with some disappointing losses.
This roster certainly has more potential than who we had last year but I am going to be patient with this group.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Think I’m most excited about Fuchs based on Arch comments , let’s hope he shows that upside in early practices and gets that starting spot
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

St Bonaventure has released its 13 game OOC Schedule. The Bonnies will be following a recent scheduling pattern for them by playing several neutral site games. In addition to two neutral site games in the Legends Classic in Brooklyn (Notre Dame/Auburn/Okl St), the team will play Florida Atlantic (Springfield-MA) and Akron (Cleveland-OH) in one time neutral site games.

* Note that the Dec 9th home game vs Siena is not visible in the Twitter graphic above
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

RF1 wrote: 11 months ago St Bonaventure has released its 13 game OOC Schedule. The Bonnies will be following a recent scheduling pattern for them by playing several neutral site games. In addition to two neutral site games in the Legends Classic in Brooklyn (Notre Dame/Auburn/Okl St), the team will play Florida Atlantic (Springfield-MA) and Akron (Cleveland-OH) in one time neutral site games.

* Note that the Dec 9th home game vs Siena is not visible in the Twitter graphic above
Bonnies do a good job scheduling. Have their local rivalries with Cansisius, Buffalo, and Niagara. Then a mixture of winnables, regional games vs. MAC, MAAC, etc. and mix in some major opponents.

Similar to how URI has Brown, PC, and Bryant locally, get some winnables (they weren't last year), regional games (New England/NY schools), and then some bigger name schools from the bigger conferences.
rhodyram22
ARD

Unread post by rhodyram22 »

Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

rhodyram22 wrote: 11 months ago
Can always count on Rothstein for releasing this news during big events like the NFL/NBA draft
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Wagner from the NEC would probably make for a low end dollar amount buy game. Not necessarily bad for them with the trip being relatively short.

The Seahawks were an overall 15-13 and 8-8 in conference play last season with an NET rank of 303 (URI was 263).
Ramfan22
ARD

10 confirmed games I believe. (No dates for Milwaukee and Seton Hall, may not even happen this year)
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Ramfan22 wrote: 11 months ago 10 confirmed games I believe. (No dates for Milwaukee and Seton Hall, may not even happen this year)
The more I think about it the more it would make sense to have one BE team at home (PC) and one on the road next year w/ the SH game instead of this year having two BE road games this year
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Dino611 wrote: 11 months ago
Ramfan22 wrote: 11 months ago 10 confirmed games I believe. (No dates for Milwaukee and Seton Hall, may not even happen this year)
The more I think about it the more it would make sense to have one BE team at home (PC) and one on the road next year w/ the SH game instead of this year having two BE road games this year
Yeah, I think we're still somewhat in the "scheduling is irrelevant" portion of the rebuild. If Miller has the option between a good game for 2023-24 or 2024-25, it makes more sense to roll it over to next year.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I like opening with three good ol cupcakes

Get that confidence up!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I doubt the Seton Hall game ever gets played.

Been delayed multiple times and there’s two new coaches who didn’t initially schedule the H&H.
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 11 months ago I doubt the Seton Hall game ever gets played.

Been delayed multiple times and there’s two new coaches who didn’t initially schedule the H&H.
Yeah but there’s a buyout attached from seton hall if they don’t. We learned from the Nevada debacle. I would bet that game gets played for that reason alone.

That and Holloway has made a point to play any school because of how he was treated at St Peter’s.

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Here are all the Big East Team OOC Schedules at this time in this article.

They don't think the Penn State or URI Games will be played this year, "possibly in a future season."

https://bracketeer.org/nonconference/bigeast

BE3CEC29-F444-40C9-8B5E-B3AF657CAA4F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

For how long is URI bound to return a game at Seton Hall without financial penalty? URI played the first game of a home and home series against Seton Hall back on December 2nd, 2020. Our Rams beat the Pirates 73-63 in an empty Ryan Center as Covid protocols did not allow fans. They were supposed to return the game in NJ with the general assumption it would be as soon as the next season. It seems that the game is headed to a third straight year with it being put off. All signs point to this being due to Seton Hall. I don't mind being somewhat cooperative with the Hall as it is one of just a few BE teams that has been willing to do equal home and home series with URI (two different contracts by my count) and it has the upper hand. I however also think that SHU should honor the contract in a timely manner. Rhody already got screwed in this arrangement by hosting them in an empty venue with no fans. The Hall would have been a bigger draw than most at the Ryan Center and a good revenue opportunity was lost. Now we have SHU dragging out the return year after year. Do home and home contracts have expiration dates? If not, should URI now include them? A contract expiration date would put more pressure on the Pirates to complete the series sooner rather than later. Rhody needs to learn from its past game contract errors such as with Nevada (with the very low buyout) and better protect itself.

I would imagine that Rhody is now in the position of Florida Gulf Coast. URI did not return its game with them until November-2021. Rhody had beat FGCU at the Ryan Center in December of 2017. They were likely not pleased it took so long to complete the contract. At least in that instance, both games were played in front of fans at each other's home venue.
Last edited by RF1 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

ramster wrote: 11 months ago Here are all the Big East Team OOC Schedules at this time in this article.

They don't think the Penn State or URI Games will be played this year, "possibly in a future season."

https://bracketeer.org/nonconference/bigeast

BE3CEC29-F444-40C9-8B5E-B3AF657CAA4F.jpeg
Good find. Looks like it’s safe to move to 24-25 season now RowdyRam.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Okay Bilau is seen jump roping in the latest summer workout video dropped on the teams instagram page.

I think he plays as early as November.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Holy shit Always is FAST.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 11 months ago Holy shit Always is FAST.
He's Always fast.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

PeterRamTime wrote: 11 months ago Okay Bilau is seen jump roping in the latest summer workout video dropped on the teams instagram page.

I hope so. I think he'll miss the nonconference. It's great he can do some light exercise, but it's going to take him time to get back into full contact and play D1 ball again. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 11 months ago
He's Always fast.
Always has been
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 11 months ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 11 months ago
He's Always fast.
Always has been
Always will be. (these will never stop)
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 11 months ago Okay Bilau is seen jump roping in the latest summer workout video dropped on the teams instagram page.

I’d be estatic if he would be back for Mohegan Tourney but I think he’d be back mid-December imho
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Dino611 wrote: 11 months ago

I’d be estatic if he would be back for Mohegan Tourney but I think he’d be back mid-December imho
At the latest

Hopefully he's at least the same player he was before the injury.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

I hope so. I think he'll miss the nonconference. It's great he can do some light exercise, but it's going to take him time to get back into full contact and play D1 ball again. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.
Yes most likely back in January. People tend to overestimate how fast athletes can return from injury once they see them exercising. Essentially non of this rehab matters besides exercises and drills that test his repaired ACL. I.e sharp cuts, etc.
Ramfan22
ARD

KingstonLane wrote: 11 months ago

Yes most likely back in January. People tend to overestimate how fast athletes can return from injury once they see them exercising. Essentially non of this rehab matters besides exercises and drills that test his repaired ACL. I.e sharp cuts, etc.
Always need the Wright amount of time for an injury like that to heal
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

This explains why Rory hasn't been with the team this summer.