The Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel 2023-24

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Re: The Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel 2023-24

Unread post by steviep123 »

Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 1 year ago
KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago

I'm sure PC will be heavily involved.
Doubt it, they already have their starting 4 and 5 with Hopkins and Oduro

Wow big news , I do want to see Juwan struggle @ Michigan
He is likely to want to move close to home, hence Maryland or Georgetown. Not going to consider the Friars other than to possibly consider kicking their butts with Big Ed at G'town
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Grasso is trying to get Dickinson to Bryant. Dickinson is good friends and and ex-teammate of Earl Timberlake.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago
Medor played 1 year at UTSA from Conf USA. They will be moving to AAC with Florida Atlantic (in Final 4), Rice, North Texas (won NIT), Alabama Birmingham and Charlotte (won CBI)
Medor was honorable mention All Conference. Led UTSA in ppg, assists and steals.

In his bio mentions this game in JC in Florida - (our new Big Man's team) Florida Southwestern back in the Covid season .........
career-high 40 points on 14 of 21 shooting, including 10 of 13 from the line, vs. Florida Southwestern State College … during the 2020-21 season

Appears a solid pick up by Urgo
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Grasso is trying to get Dickinson to Bryant. Dickinson is good friends and and ex-teammate of Earl Timberlake.
Fat chance Grasso fat chance
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago Grasso is trying to get Dickinson to Bryant. Dickinson is good friends and and ex-teammate of Earl Timberlake.
Why would Dickinson play at that horrendous level. He would get home/home games with Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, etc?
Hard to believe
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
Why would Dickinson play at that horrendous level. He would get home/home games with Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, etc?
Hard to believe
I never thought Earl Timberlake would play there. Or Antoine Walker, for that matter.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Lol. Dickerson loves Ed Cooley. There was a real shot he would go to PC If Cooley was there. There is a shot he goes back close to home at Georgetown possibly. Bryant?
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Hey I dislike Grasso as much as anyone but can't blame him for shooting his shot I guess.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Hard to believe
I never thought Earl Timberlake would play there. Or Antoine Walker, for that matter.
And it didn't work out very well. Way below preseason expectations - but you would never know that from RV or other local media
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago Go get him Kenny!!! :lol:

are we in on him? I want to see a Tweet that says "offers from...Rhode Island" because those seem to be a really good indicator... :roll:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I'm sure PC will be heavily involved.

reef...why? I like Juwan and everything fab 5ish...Rose is one of my favorite tv guys.....
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago

reef...why? I like Juwan and everything fab 5ish...Rose is one of my favorite tv guys.....
Yeah they sure were fun back in the day , I was pissed Duke beat them in the 92 final
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Yeah they sure were fun back in the day , I was pissed Duke beat them in the 92 final
Ok, but why do you want to see him struggle?
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Would love to get this PG from Siena, 2 years eligibility.
Can distribute and put it up from anywhere.
Had big games against P6 competition.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago Would love to get this PG from Siena, 2 years eligibility.
Have we reached out to him?

Seems nobody coming from P6's down. Are all from mid major and low mid major programs? And jucos?

More in him

McCollum later reweeted a list from the account @happypistonfan of 14 schools that had already contacted him, including Oklahoma, Nebraska, Georgetown, Mississippi State, Drake, Butler, Ole Miss and Florida State. McCollum had 18 points and eight assists in a win over Florida State, 24 points against Ole Miss and 12 points against Georgetown this season.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/artic ... 871520.php
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago Would love to get this PG from Siena, 2 years eligibility.

Seems nobody coming from P6's down. Are all from mid major and low mid major programs? And jucos?

More in him

McCollum later reweeted a list from the account @happypistonfan of 14 schools that had already contacted him, including Oklahoma, Nebraska, Georgetown, Mississippi State, Drake, Butler, Ole Miss and Florida State. McCollum had 18 points and eight assists in a win over Florida State, 24 points against Ole Miss and 12 points against Georgetown this season.

Don't know if we have Ramster, but think we would have interest.
Pierre will probably stay at PC.
Polite may follow English also to PC.
We probably can't get Posh.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

I agree with everyone on a point guard, but just as important is the fact we still have no three point shooters on our team. We had one of the worst shooting teams in the country last year. I would say Dubsky is the best shooter on our team as a freshman. They need two guards that can shoot from long distance or we have no chance. I’m not counting on Rory as to me he isn’t more than a bench player who won’t be able to cover anyone on defense.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago

Reef wants every team to struggle and suck in America, including the A10, but also wants to the A10 to be a multi bid league.

Majority of his posts don’t make sense lol
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

RamStock wrote: 1 year ago I agree with everyone on a point guard, but just as important is the fact we still have no three point shooters on our team. We had one of the worst shooting teams in the country last year. I would say Dubsky is the best shooter on our team as a freshman. They need two guards that can shoot from long distance or we have no chance. I’m not counting on Rory as to me he isn’t more than a bench player who won’t be able to cover anyone on defense.
Yes, this.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RamStock wrote: 1 year ago I agree with everyone on a point guard, but just as important is the fact we still have no three point shooters on our team. We had one of the worst shooting teams in the country last year. I would say Dubsky is the best shooter on our team as a freshman. They need two guards that can shoot from long distance or we have no chance. I’m not counting on Rory as to me he isn’t more than a bench player who won’t be able to cover anyone on defense.
Yes RS, we need a lot of help.
Still have 4 openings.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I think / hope at least one of these schollies goes to a shooter
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Me likey
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I like what I see so far in terms of recruiting. With the signings of Brown and House, and the additions of Estevez and Dubsky, with our current holdovers who have not yet entered the portal, you can see a team forming.

And there will be more additions. There are a lot of people in the portal, with more to come. Now that he has two picks, the key is to get the right players. That could mean acting swiftly or it could mean being patient, depending on the player.

I think if he adds:

a guard like Pride, who can shoot, highly rated
a PG like the guy listed above, who can shoot
another post player, possibly Minor or equivalent, who can compliment Brown and Foumena
and at least one more person who can flat out stroke the ball from outside, possibly the guy from VMI or an equivalent

I think at that point you could say that there were significant upgrade to what we had this past season.

It still wouldn't surprise me for Alex to enter the portal at some point. And Bilau's return from that injury is questionable. So, there could even be another addition, or they could hold onto a scholly.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Keegan Records is coming home, will be choosing between Rhody and PC.
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Oh, one more thing.

Pro Tip:

Did you notice Rivera never had those photos like Brown and House did that they had on their instagram pages? "The photoshoot" Especially Brown, with the photo with all of the coaches?

I think that's how you can tell who this staff is really after. If they bring the kid in, and they are so impressed with him, his game, how he carries himself, his responses to Archie's interrogation: they get "the photoshoot". That means they are a priority from that moment forward.

Rivera never had that. I'm a bit weary that it didn't seem Pride got that either, unless I am mistaken. Maybe they did, but they aren't going to release them until they are sure Pride is coming here.

Rivera, Minor and even Pride were here on unofficial visits, I believe, so perhaps that is also a reason they didn't get the photoshoot. Same thing with Battle.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago Oh, one more thing.

Pro Tip:

Did you notice Rivera never had those photos like Brown and House did that they had on their instagram pages? "The photoshoot" Especially Brown, with the photo with all of the coaches?

I think that's how you can tell who this staff is really after. If they bring the kid in, and they are so impressed with him, his game, how he carries himself, his responses to Archie's interrogation: they get "the photoshoot". That means they are a priority from that moment forward.

Rivera never had that. I'm a bit weary that it didn't seem Pride got that either, unless I am mistaken. Maybe they did, but they aren't going to release them until they are sure Pride is coming here.

Rivera, Minor and even Pride were here on unofficial visits, I believe, so perhaps that is also a reason they didn't get the photoshoot. Same thing with Battle.
Yeah was about to say the same thing, most of the hush hush visits have been unofficials, maybe they don’t get as much when they are on an official visit
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Hoping it’s a stealthy Saturday
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

In a recent article in the Athletic listing the top 47 players in the portal, three of them were from VCU. Worthy of some URI attention on that list is 6-8 Forward Jordan Minor of Merrimack, NEC player of the year who has one year of eligibility.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Obadiah wrote: 1 year ago In a recent article in the Athletic listing the top 47 players in the portal, three of them were from VCU. Worthy of some URI attention on that list is 6-8 Forward Jordan Minor of Merrimack, NEC player of the year who has one year of eligibility.
We all like Minor and Mostafa, but they may be too much of a reach for us.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Keegan Records is coming home, will be choosing between Rhody and PC.
It's probably you then - there is a potential log-jam at PC, not sure why he'd pick the Friars.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
I think / hope at least one of these schollies goes to a shooter
Shooter McGavin?
shooter.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago

Reef wants every team to struggle and suck in America, including the A10, but also wants to the A10 to be a multi bid league.

Majority of his posts don’t make sense lol
Dunno I think Reef just wants to win….
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Hoping it’s a stealthy Saturday
Me too, Bar.

Not much to discuss here right now, it’s raining out and no FF game until 6pm. That sucks. I’m in the KB desert right now with no oasis in site yet.

:lol:
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Keegan Records is coming home, will be choosing between Rhody and PC.
Don’t pull an April Fools on me 15…
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 1 year ago
It's probably you then - there is a potential log-jam at PC, not sure why he'd pick the Friars.
Wishful thinking on the part of a friar fan?
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

More in him

Jersey I do not see both Pierre staying at PC and Polite going there as well. There is only so much playing time to go around and not enough for both of them in my opinion. I see Pierre staying and Polite either staying at GM or going someplace else.

I know we all want to bash the English hire but things could not have gone better for him or PC so far which sucks. Keeping both Hopkins and Carter is huge for them. Yes I am sure the NCAA rule saying no automatic second transfer helped there but if Pierre comes back they have lost nobody and added Oduro and Fernandez. That is a home run. It is early we will see how it all plays out but clearly not what I was hoping for as a Rhody fan.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Don’t see why he would go to PC unless he just wants another chance at the tournament.

Probably would play 10ish minutes a game there, if that.

Ton of opportunity to play and start here.
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Yea only reason I’d think would be just for a bigger stage and another chance at the NCAAs.
Go Rhody
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

There are going big (no pun intended) after the kid Ike from Wyoming. He's close with Devin Carter, has 3 years of eligibility left, and was dominate in his PT two years ago. His visit is lined up for mid-April. Without him, there at least is a potential role available as the reserve, but not a guarantee. I think at URI, there are far more paths to PT.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Yea only reason I’d think would be just for a bigger stage and another chance at the NCAAs.
I heard he wants to play in the NCAA tournament again and that's why we may not have a good shot, but I have no idea if that's true.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

4Diffs wrote: 1 year ago
Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

More in him

Jersey I do not see both Pierre staying at PC and Polite going there as well. There is only so much playing time to go around and not enough for both of them in my opinion. I see Pierre staying and Polite either staying at GM or going someplace else.

I know we all want to bash the English hire but things could not have gone better for him or PC so far which sucks. Keeping both Hopkins and Carter is huge for them. Yes I am sure the NCAA rule saying no automatic second transfer helped there but if Pierre comes back they have lost nobody and added Oduro and Fernandez. That is a home run. It is early we will see how it all plays out but clearly not what I was hoping for as a Rhody fan.
I agree 4D that PC with the way the roster is looking, they should be in good shape.
If Pierre stays with all his talent and upside would be interesting to see if Polite does follow his coach.
Polite is a very solid PG in the A10 who can score and pass, you would think he will get plenty of offers.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Journal today has we added a transfer in, Jaden House, landed by Kenny Johnson, Guard, 6-4.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago Journal today has we added a transfer in, Jaden House, landed by Kenny Johnson, Guard, 6-4.
Correct, was reported on Friday.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

McRam wrote: 1 year ago Do we or him have any interest in Jameer Nelson from Delaware. Shouldn’t he be on our radar?
Announced TCU
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago Journal today has we added a transfer in, Jaden House, landed by Kenny Johnson, Guard, 6-4.
Someone elsewhere here asserted that House was a Bray 2.0 talent. Hopefully much better n the head area. I know nothing about him. What are others take on House?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago
Someone elsewhere here asserted that House was a Bray 2.0 talent. Hopefully much better n the head area. I know nothing about him. What are others take on House?
Hes a different type of player

Watch his highlights
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I'm not sure what you are seeing in the highlights that is so different. I admit House looks a lot smoother charging to the basket among 3 other bodies in the paint, than Bray did. He has several outside shots, but off course the film is edited to show the ones he hit. And Bray took some outside shots too.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Abou needs to come here.

We need him to come here.

This would be the kind of player we could get excited about.