URI 2023 Transfers - Who Will Stay and Who Will Go?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: URI 2023 Transfers - Who Will Stay and Who Will Go?

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

He came in a project with upside. Plenty of people also said this including Archie.
Correct, but there was also multiple here who were posting about him like he'd be the second coming.
I don't remember anyone saying he was a regular rotation player from Day 1. He was an early enrollee who was pegged to do a prep year and Archie took him instead of him going prep.

And again people get excited about recruits on every fan message board it's hardly unique to Keaney Blue. Moving on.
Rhody74, back when he committed: "This guy’s attitude is so mature. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a regular part of the rotation from day one."

I understand people get excited, and just speaking for myself, this is yet another reason why I will always be in a wait and see approach.
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

So 1 person, got it.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Yeah, from what I remember, the most exciting thing about Hutch was that he had a high BB IQ and raw talent. Strong student athlete with a high GPA.

Some athleticism, height, wing span.

I thought the anticipation was that he was going to be red shirted and that it might take a few years for him to crack anything. None of that has probably changed in 12 months except the fact that he didn't end up red shirting.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago So 1 person, got it.

"Cornerstone player" was also thrown out. Go back and read the thread.

Like I said, multiple people were way overhyping this kid.
Go Rhody
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

This is the nature of recruiting, and also, end of the bench players. People get excited by the unknown, especially if the current situation isn't great. There isn't really much value provided by being "no but" to every prospect thread, or every time someone gets excited about an incoming freshman or transfer.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

He also couldn't get minutes on a 9 win team, so I don't see how this is a big loss. I liked him and wanted to see him develop, but it's really not the end of the world. RhodyVault seems to think he should've been getting at least 10 min a game near the end of the season, I disagree. He never earned those minutes.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Don't listen to anything RV says every single thing is written with an agenda.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago

He also couldn't get minutes on a 9 win team, so I don't see how this is a big loss. I liked him and wanted to see him develop, but it's really not the end of the world. RhodyVault seems to think he should've been getting at least 10 min a game near the end of the season, I disagree. He never earned those minutes.
I mean, there is an argument that at a certain point of the season there was no use to playing Martin and Carey so much and that it would have been smarter to play the younger guys more to see what they had. It's probably not a big deal, if they couldn't earn more minutes in practice they probably wouldn't have shown much difference in a real game, but it's not an outlandish sentiment
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Last edited by RhodyRams916 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

keep the roster turnover going. any of these guys need rides to the airport?
:lol:
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

This is good news for us as much as I like Lou Arch will get us a better player !!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Coaches don't sit players that will help them win games. Period end of story. If a guy isn't playing there is a reason.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago
Yet people here called him a cornerstone, someone we can build around for 4 years, regular rotation player from day 1, etc etc.

Reason 58473729392929 why I cannot get excited about recruits anymore.
Yeah I mean I was excited to see where he was going to go and thought he would be a cornerstone just based on his height, skillset, and attitude.

Obviously his defense wasn't something you could predict, and I'd assume with the timing we must be in on someone who'd play right away and for a few years ahead of him.

He's someone I will wish well, he did everything asked of him and did it in as positive and team-focused a way as possible. He comes from a great family and I think he'll be a special player in a few years.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Need to get to the point where the team is adding more than it's losing.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I’ll admit I was high on him and was pissed he didn’t get more run on a 9 win team but Arch knows what he’s doing just trust him
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago
Yet people here called him a cornerstone, someone we can build around for 4 years, regular rotation player from day 1, etc etc.

Reason 58473729392929 why I cannot get excited about recruits anymore.
Yeah I mean I was excited to see where he was going to go and thought he would be a cornerstone just based on his height, skillset, and attitude.

Obviously his defense wasn't something you could predict, and I'd assume with the timing we must be in on someone who'd play right away and for a few years ahead of him.

He's someone I will wish well, he did everything asked of him and did it in as positive and team-focused a way as possible. He comes from a great family and I think he'll be a special player in a few years.
He was clearly an intelligent young man with a good attitude that you want in your program if you are trying to establish a culture. He could still turn out to be good. I missed his best game with Covid so did not really see him show much on the court this season. I can understand him wanting to transfer if he thinks he will not play much next season.
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Who is next?????
I believe 2 or 3 Max
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

rjv wrote: 1 year ago Who is next?????
I believe 2 or 3 Max
I think we would all assume Tchikou.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Coaches don't sit players that will help them win games. Period end of story. If a guy isn't playing there is a reason.
Archie said how guys do in practice would be considered in playing time. He said they keep track of every shot, every Free throw, etc from practices.
Miller has to play who he thinks are the best guys, those who give the best chances to win all year and especially headed into the A10 Tournament at Barclays. Can't give up.
Plus playing someone like Hutchinson, who he and staff had likely already formed their impressions, might not make sense if they had decided he wasn't in their future plans. Wouldn't want to give him false hope.
Have to believe Miller knows what he is doing - even if RhodyVault disagrees.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago Coaches don't sit players that will help them win games. Period end of story. If a guy isn't playing there is a reason.
Archie said how guys do in practice would be considered in playing time. He said they keep track of every shot, every Free throw, etc from practices.
Miller has to play who he thinks are the best guys, those who give the best chances to win all year and especially headed into the A10 Tournament at Barclays. Can't give up.
Plus playing someone like Hutchinson, who he and staff had likely already formed their impressions, might not make sense if they had decided he wasn't in their future plans. Wouldn't want to give him false hope.
RhodyVault is more of a PC fan than a Rhody fan. I believe a lot of his criticism of Archie comes from that.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyVault is more of a PC fan than a Rhody fan. I believe a lot of his criticism of Archie comes from that.
Yep. PC first and foremost but RhodyVault is also a HUGE Bryant Fan. He also likes Brown a LOT too.

And we know who he doesn't like.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Yep. PC first and foremost but RhodyVault is also a HUGE Bryant Fan. He also likes Brown a LOT too.

Yup. Just look at the ratio of PC/Bryant to URI posts. I wish he would change his name, but he refuses to.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yup. Just look at the ratio of PC/Bryant to URI posts. I wish he would change his name, but he refuses to.
And not just the ratio but the commentary.
Bryant waaayyyyyy underachieved this year but you would never know it from Vault. All nice posts for PC, Bryant and Brown - sucking up
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

RV is trash period end of story.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

And not just the ratio but the commentary.
Bryant waaayyyyyy underachieved this year but you would never know it from Vault. All nice posts for PC, Bryant and Brown - sucking up
He hyped up Bryant, who had a pretty stacked roster and, like you said, underachieved.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago RV is trash period end of story.
So how do you think RV gets interviews with the new Juco signing? Just goes straight to the player without getting approval from URI MBB? And RV gets interviews with URI WBB?
Do you think Archie is burned up about this treatment YRI MBB gets and him (Archie) in particular?
Do you think Archie (and staff) have let RV know how they feel and yet RV still does it?
Is seems to be a level of rudeness and resentment that RV has for Archie and the program itself. Even when he claims credit for getting names in the rafters of the Ryan - it's all about him.
Does Thorr need to pull RV aside and show him the crap he puts out on URI and let him have it?
Can Thorr and URI lawyers get the Rhody Vault and the logo Basketball removed for copyright infringement?

Where and when does this end? Think RV is looking for a payout - to go away?

His comments about Hutch today and Archie not having given him enough minutes were unnecessary and mean spirited.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

It’s easy he goes at people who get little to no attention. You see him interview Cooley? no. Archie? No. Bryce Hopkins? no

He targets ppl that will engage bc they would talk to anyone and everyone for the dopamine hit.

There is little to nothing Rhody can do bc he has no affiliation with the school and it’s a free country. He isn’t even using the logo of the school to claim trademark infringement. He’s rogue and he’s aggressive and he clearly has an axe to grind with Archie. It makes me like Archie even more. RV is a fraud and a grifter. He’ll go away eventually.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

So how do you think RV gets interviews with the new Juco signing? Just goes straight to the player without getting approval from URI MBB? And RV gets interviews with URI WBB?
Do you think Archie is burned up about this treatment YRI MBB gets and him (Archie) in particular?
Do you think Archie (and staff) have let RV know how they feel and yet RV still does it?
Is seems to be a level of rudeness and resentment that RV has for Archie and the program itself. Even when he claims credit for getting names in the rafters of the Ryan - it's all about him.
Does Thorr need to pull RV aside and show him the crap he puts out on URI and let him have it?
Can Thorr and URI lawyers get the Rhody Vault and the logo Basketball removed for copyright infringement?

His comments about Hutch today and Archie not having given him enough minutes were unnecessary and mean spirited.
Idk ramster. I wish people didn't give him so much attention with these interviews. His anti-Archie propaganda is really annoying.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Lawyers? For a twitter account?

URI doesn’t have a copyright on the word “Rhody” or the basketball in the logo. Come on dude.

Are you actually serious with this?
Go Rhody
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

URI doesn’t have a copyright on the word “Rhody” or the basketball in the logo. Come on dude.

His entire branding is URI themed but misleading considering how much he talks about PC/Brown/Bryant. I wouldn't care for him but he makes himself out to be a "Rhody" content creator even though he shits on them all the time. Come on R15 lol.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

It’s close enough that there is potential infringement on copyrighted marks. But it’s a twitter account of a guy with 1k followers so no one really gives a shit. I’m sure like me they are just hoping he fades to oblivion.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yes I am serious.
I don't care if he has 5 followers or 50,000
He started as Rhody Vault - very clearly he was all about URI. Claimed to be the savior of URI past star players to lead the effort to get their names in the rafters. Didn't put URI Athletics Administration in a good light with some of his comments
Was terrible questioning Miller's decisions to bench Freeman in November, many other negative comments since

Then,
He branched out with still the Rhody Vault name to discuss and do interviews and opine (positively) with PC, Brown and Bryant. Also extended to the Big East, the Atlantic 10 and others. Big East Vault, Atlantic 10 Vault, etc

So yes, serious. Don't like it when someone takes the Rhody Name and trashed the 1st year Head Coach - right from the beginning of the 1st season. Didn't even get through the first month of November.

He should drop the Rhody Vault name, go to PCVault or BryantVault or anything but not RhodyVault. He doesn't know his basketball anywhere near what he thinks he does. Even if he did know basketball his negative comments toward URI are unnecessary and unwanted and not constructive. Just go away. Get a new name and consider a new profession.
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

His entire branding is URI themed but misleading considering how much he talks about PC/Brown/Bryant. I wouldn't care for him but he makes himself out to be a "Rhody" content creator even though he shits on them all the time. Come on R15 lol.
URI doesn’t have a trademark on literally anything in the picture.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

He started with URI.
He expanded beyond URI
He craps all over URI MBB team management

I would not expect that to bother you. Not at all surprised.

Does anybody think "Rhody Vault" inside of a Basketball Diagram doesn't make a Rhode Islander think he is associated with URI I don't know what to tell you.

If it had PC inside the same Basketball would you associate that with PC? URI? Bryant? The Big East?

Didn't BlueMan say RV bought up all the Rhody, URI, etc domains he could? Thought I read that. If so is that normal behavior? Normal for a URI supporter?

Even if not against the law something seems wrong.
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

I never said that. Don't twist my words, I know you like doing that.

He claims to be a Rhody content creator but posts more about the other RI schools, hence why I think he should change his branding.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

He claims to be a Rhody content creator but posts more about the other RI schools, hence why I think he should change his branding.
Ramster did, not you.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

How do you know what is trademarked or not trademarked? Is there a list?

I'd like to see him try to get away with this at Notre Dame, UCLA, PC, Florida, Kentucky.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Ramster did, not you.
I know that. Then don't reply to me :?
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

It’s misleading. That’s enough to make a claim. But again no one would bc he’s a nobody with a twitter account.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago It’s close enough that there is potential infringement on copyrighted marks. But it’s a twitter account of a guy with 1k followers so no one really gives a shit. I’m sure like me they are just hoping he fades to oblivion.
You seem to care. You are worried about a logo and some comments that a guy on Twitter makes.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RamStock wrote: 1 year ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago It’s close enough that there is potential infringement on copyrighted marks. But it’s a twitter account of a guy with 1k followers so no one really gives a shit. I’m sure like me they are just hoping he fades to oblivion.
You seem to care. You are worried about a logo and some comments that a guy on Twitter makes.
But where does it end?
He gets from 1k to 5k, then 25k.........
You don't think URI lawyers should be onto this "potential infringement on copyrighted marks" early on?
I could see Archie ultimately saying I've had it with this idiot and move on. I wouldn't put up with his shit.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

So I ask again but in this thread as I did in the RV thread, where does the 'rhody' thing stop? Does URI actually have a TM on 'Rhody' ? I'm asking, I don't know.

URI going after MOB? see rhodyoysters.com

little rhody foods?

Rhody Transportation?

Rhody Disposal?

those are just the first handful of a quick google search.

stop talking about RV and it goes away. The amount of butthurtness (new word I just made up) (and yes, you can use it), and level of attention some of you give this dipshit is absurd.

get off twitter.
Last edited by KeaneyBluBallz 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
:lol:
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

We care because he legitimately has some power on Twitter and certain people believe everything he says. I can't tell you how many RV minions I've seen who say "we're fucked next season" before even seeing the final roster.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I’m a fan of the program. The program does not have a lot of voices on Twitter. Do they the URI admins care about his BS, absolutely not. Would a lawyer, absolutely not. Do I as a follower of the program yes I do bc there aren’t enough of us on there to drown him out.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

But where does it end?
He gets from 1k to 5k, then 25k.........
You don't think URI lawyers should be onto this "potential infringement on copyrighted marks" early on?
I could see Archie ultimately saying I've had it with this idiot and move on. I wouldn't put up with his shit.
I think if you and others who don’t like him stop following him he won’t get under your skin. I don’t think there is a conspiracy to tarnish URI basketball, but don’t pay attention to him enough to know.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Those examples do not have RHODY inside of a basketball. That's the difference.
Nor do those examples chastise the 1st year URI Head Coach

In fact, the owner of MOB sat beside the President of URI at the A10 Tournament in Brooklyn 3 weeks ago.

Rhode Foods, Rhody Transportation, Rhody Disposal.....are not confused with the University of Rhode Island Basketball Team. There is no Basketball with the Rhody Transportation name inside.

Nor do any of these companies trash the URI HC MBB
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
I’m a fan of the program. The program does not have a lot of voices on Twitter. Do they the URI admins care about his BS, absolutely not. Would a lawyer, absolutely not. Do I as a follower of the program yes I do bc there aren’t enough of us on there to drown him out.
Maybe not enough Because he deletes you as he did Billyboy?
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I don’t mind him. He is trying to make it. He needs to expand his demographics. A great Rhody team would be great for him and he knows that.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Some of you don’t understand how social media works nor how even 1 dumbass with a keyboard can do damage to the program on those platforms. There is a reason the entire staff hasn’t engaged with him yet some of our own fans can’t see through the facade. He’s a grifter.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Ramulous wrote: 1 year ago I don’t mind him. He is trying to make it. He needs to expand his demographics. A great Rhody team would be great for him and he knows that.
"He is trying to make it". Make what? A fool out of himself by constantly shitting on Archie?