Practice Facility

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: Practice Facility

Unread post by theblueram »

Ramulous wrote: 1 year ago Never underestimate the power of money. It is top of the list for every single recruit and their parents.
This kinda sounds like every CEO talking to their HR Director. "Low ball every offer, and don't pay them what they deserve. I have to protect the bottom line so I get my $24 Million bonus."
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Recruits to schools recruiting them:

"How much you got???"
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

It doesn’t matter what changes in the game, this practice facility is necessary. A designated, quality court that is always set up and available is important.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

any photos of the newly completed practice facility floor ?
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Exhibit A of why this is needed.

There was some cheerleading competition today at The Ryan Center.

Nowhere for the players to go shoot privately on campus.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago Exhibit A of why this is needed.

my driveway is always open...adjustable rim height (currently at about 8')...no puddles, plenty of free parking
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago

my driveway is always open...adjustable rim height (currently at about 8')...no puddles, plenty of free parking
Lights?
Rhodyram99
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhodyram99 »

Always wondered why players don’t use old Keaney gym? What is keaney used for these days?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodyram99 wrote: 1 year ago

Always wondered why players don’t use old Keaney gym? What is keaney used for these days?
Women's Volleyball practices and games
Cheerleading Practices
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

Lights?
yeah, not so much....I did hang a spotlight in a tree and ran a cord to it, but you're mostly relying on front porch lights.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhodyram99 wrote: 1 year ago

puddles and lack of free parking? rims too high?
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Proximity to microbrewery, bus line, and rail service is certainly worth a mention, 208!
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

ATPTourFan wrote: 1 year ago Proximity to microbrewery, bus line, and rail service is certainly worth a mention, 208!
Don’t forget the grill
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote: 1 year ago Proximity to microbrewery, bus line, and rail service is certainly worth a mention, 208!
Bike path
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

luke wrote: 1 year ago any photos of the newly completed practice facility floor ?
4F26662E-AC86-4A82-B656-A70C3B445175.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Can’t wait til this is finally opened , can only help us
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 1 year ago Can’t wait til this is finally opened , can only help us
It's getting close
Great for WBB too!!!
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Any plans for an open house for fans?
Slava Ukraini!
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

You'll have to take your shoes off. Bring a change of socks. No holes on the bottoms.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago Any plans for an open house for fans?
for a "practice" facility? practice? not a "game", but...practice? What are we talking about??

Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

No, just to see it. A walk through.
Slava Ukraini!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Excellent! Go Rhody!

Thanks for posting, Stevie.
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Looking great!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

steviep123 wrote: 1 year ago
Looks amazing. Can we get Soloviev to kick in some vineyard NIL for players? Cmon man, you got the money!!!!!! Get some Long Island players in here!!!!!! NYC players!!!!! jk. I appreciate his support. He has already made his mark here and I am thankful for it.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

This is what I would expect a renovated West Gym to look like, not what I would expect boosters to pay for. URI should be paying for routine facilities maintenance. Booster money should go for extraordinary team expenses.
NCAAs or Bust!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Thanks for your input.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago This is what I would expect a renovated West Gym to look like, not what I would expect boosters to pay for. URI should be paying for routine facilities maintenance. Booster money should go for extraordinary team expenses.
As a person who has seen the work done on the front aisle and in the West Gym first hand, can I suggest you wait until it's finished before you share your conclusions? It's possible they could change once you see the finished product.

I loved Tootell West and personally didn't like it being converted to the new Practice facility. I also remember when Tootell East was used for MBB practices basketball and was available for students. Then it was converted to a Weight room for all Varsity sports teams.
Tootell West was used by the Softball Team, Intramural Teams and for students........but no more.

Sure the Track and Field building is available for students but it's not made for Intramural or Student basketball like Keaney Gym, Tootell East and now Tootel West were. All 3 of those have now been taken over for Varsity Teams and they are not available for average Students. Plus the Ryan Center is Varsity Basketball only. No students. In the old days we even played Intramural Basketball in Keaney.

All that said I get it. MBB and WBB need practice facilities to attract recruits and to retain players. Just hate seeing the tradition Basketball gyms taken from students with the track & field building the only place to shoot hoops for students. Using an existing building to convert to a Varsity practice Facility saves a lot of money. That's the bottom line.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago This is what I would expect a renovated West Gym to look like, not what I would expect boosters to pay for. URI should be paying for routine facilities maintenance. Booster money should go for extraordinary team expenses.
As a person who has seen the work done on the front aisle and in the West Gym first hand, can I suggest you wait until it's finished before you share your conclusions? It's possible they could change once you see the finished product.

I loved Tootell West and personally didn't like it being converted to the new Practice facility. I also remember when Tootell East was used for MBB practices basketball and was available for students. Then it was converted to a Weight room for all Varsity sports teams.
Tootell West was used by the Softball Team, Intramural Teams and for students........but no more.

Sure the Track and Field building is available for students but it's not made for Intramural or Student basketball like Keaney Gym, Tootell East and now Tootel West were. All 3 of those have now been taken over for Varsity Teams and they are not available for average Students. Plus the Ryan Center is Varsity Basketball only. No students. In the old days we even played Intramural Basketball in Keaney.

All that said I get it. MBB and WBB need practice facilities to attract recruits and to retain players. Just hate seeing the tradition Basketball gyms taken from students with the track & field building the only place to shoot hoops for students. Using an existing building to convert to a Varsity practice Facility saves a lot of money. That's the bottom line.
Mackal and Keaney are both used for intramurals.

Mackal also used for pick up games.

Have been for years.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

Mackal and Keaney are both used for intramurals.

Mackal also used for pick up games.

Have been for years.
On Mackal that is exactly what I said.

As for Keaney it's used for Varsity Volleyball and Varsity Cheerleading. It's left open most of the time as it's set up for Volleyball primarily.
The activities that have used Tootel West in the past few years, of which there were many, all now have had to find new homes and Keaney is one of the numerous destinations.

You could argue what I've said but the bottom line is that the Tootell West conversion to MBB and WBB was not without disadvantages to other areas of Athletics. That is my point to Rhody72 based on his comments about the Practice Facility progress and pictures to date.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Using an existing building to convert to a Varsity practice Facility saves a lot of money. That's the bottom line.
I'd prefer that URI foot the bill for routine maintenance and use booster money for extra amenities for varsity sport teams.
NCAAs or Bust!
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago Using an existing building to convert to a Varsity practice Facility saves a lot of money. That's the bottom line.
I'd prefer that URI foot the bill for routine maintenance and use booster money for extra amenities for varsity sport teams.
That's right! Fuck the students, the school should foot the bill so tack on another fee for the students for "routine maintenance" of a space they can't access. /s

I refuse to think you actually believe the horseshit you throw at the walls of this forum.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyKyle wrote: 1 year ago
That's right! Fuck the students, the school should foot the bill so tack on another fee for the students for "routine maintenance" of a space they can't access. /s

I refuse to think you actually believe the horseshit you throw at the walls of this forum.
In Rhody72's defense I think what he means is that a significant amount of money was put into just bringing Tootell West up to what should have been an ongoing standards if maintenance money had been regular spent. I think he means painting, floor maintenance, etc. So he was saying some of the $8million was spent on stuff that should have already have been done. Not saying I agree with him, as my earlier point was why not wait until the Practice Facility is 100% complete, have a tour possibly at the Season Ticket Holder Event this year what my guess is a tour will be provided - and THEN make a judgement about the Practice Facility itself - A, B, C, D or E Rating upon Tour Completion.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Latest. Basketball Courts. Work in progress to finish hallway.
B3339686-01EC-423B-AC12-F8169D0B1E31.jpeg
DF8EB633-B9D6-4CF9-8BA9-845C9934D151.jpeg
2D3AD6DE-A369-442B-A03D-0A8F87D06E87.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Looks a lot like La Salle's practice facility.
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Not sure if any of the walls are exposed to the outside , but it would have been nice to have a curtain wall to let light in.
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

2 of the walls are exposed to the outside - west and north. But they are solid and no plans for windows.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago Looks a lot like La Salle's practice facility.
The lights were dim so you don't see the true beauty of the court.
It's nice. Good quality work imho.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

These photos do not do it justice AT ALL! We got a sneak peak a few weeks ago and it is cool!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Still great to see the progress.
GO RAMS
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

You’re just an awful troll
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
Recently, I saw the following interview with Kenny Johnson from when he was at La Salle. I don't see stands, so it looks like their practice facility.
NCAAs or Bust!
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Recently, I saw the following interview with Kenny Johnson from when he was at La Salle. I don't see stands, so it looks like their practice facility.
Their high school gym has stands that push into the wall and then get pulled out for games. To quote Ari Gold: La Salle is "selling off assets like they're fucking Michael Jackson" in order to stay afloat. You think they have a practice facility?
RamAttitude
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by RamAttitude »

Are our players using it yet at all to shoot around in? Our social media has been so silent and even pictures or short videos during the off-season can help energize the fan base.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

WRONG AGAIN

That is Tom Gola Arena with the stands rolled up. The two doorways in this photo are are those behind Kenny Johnson in the video

Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Is the Gola Center their practice facility? Is it used for other sports? I don't see VB lines on the floor.
NCAAs or Bust!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Tom Gola Arena at LaSalle:

Tom Gola Arena has three full length basketball courts that are used for recreation and intramurals throughout the year. The Intramural basketball program at La Salle is one of the most popular intramural sports, with over 250 students participating annually.

https://goexplorers.com/facilities/tom- ... l-center/6

LaSalle Athletic Facilities:
https://goexplorers.com/facilities

The building that houses Gola Arena (upper level) and their pool (lower level) appears to be the ONLY dedicated athletics building on their campus. The only other indoors space is a 3000sf student fitness center that is wing of a dorm complex.

LaSalle Map
https://www.lasalle.edu/campusmap/pdf/p ... iendly.pdf
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago Is the Gola Center their practice facility? Is it used for other sports? I don't see VB lines on the floor.
You’re such a stupid fucking idiot.

Use google. Or read.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Most of us know that LaSalle high school in Providence has the Ram mascot. I think Rhody72 was being too cute but comparing the new practice venue at Rhody with a local high school facility. Now he appears to be weaseling out by saying it was LaSalle University. If you’re going to be a contrarian Rhody72 be an honest contrarian. Don’t squirm. It is unbecoming and costs you credibility.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I don't think they've been worried about their credibility for a while now
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines