A10 WBB Tournament Chase Fieldhouse Wilmington March 1-5

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: A10 WBB Tournament Chase Fieldhouse Wilmington March 1-5

Unread post by ramster »

Biggest complaint was playing Dolly Cairns only 12 minutes
Dolly has had some off games but this was not one of them. She had 3 assists in 12 minutes. Lassiter had zero assists in 28 minutes.
Martinez was tough, absolutely, but Lassiter (and Tammi allowed) dribbled a lot, ran the shot clock down a lot to last second, and took a lot of shots.

Sophie was off.
Yet Tammi stayed with the exact same 3 minutes for Dolly and 7 minutes for Sophie for every quarter. Never changed the minutes distribution.
We needed Dolly's shooting, her poise, her experience, her steadiness - at least for the 4th quarter. Would have taken some pressure off Lassiter. Hattix-Covington was only 3-11 too. Dutat is not a shooting threat from 5 feet out so when Toure, Lassiter, Hattix-Covington and Phillips are not hitting but Cairns is 3-7 3P then let Dolly shoot. She can turn a game around quickly.

You don't get opportunities like this very often yo get to the Championship Game. It was there for the taking.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

The injury to Emma Squires hurt us for the last two games.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago Could be some coaches getting poached in the A-10.

McCombs previously spent five seasons as an assistant at Pitt. What Verdi has done at UMass speaks for itself
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Verdi (Green) is a good coach. Not surprised to see his name mentioned.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I'm just relieved that Tammi Reese isn't one of the 6 mentioned.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago And yes, Tammi herself has had a couple of stinkers. But the second half was brilliant and if they had pulled it out we might have forgotten about the first half.
In the moment I was not critical of Tammi's time allocations of players. It's easy to Monday AM QB. It was clear that scoring inside was going to be difficult and we needed three point scoring. Dolly missed her first few and later she had a another chance but didn't shoot it. So, Tammi moved on to Sophie. Sophie will often get open on the weak side when there is ball movement or offensive rebounds. There were too few of either in this game. Sophie had hands in her face on most shots. Rinat also had trouble getting open. We need to move the ball and players need to move. Lassiter did neither yet was Tammi's best PG option. In hindsight, Tammi needed to get Lassiter to pass and run her ass off. Perhaps she lacks the stamina and Tammi knew it.
NCAAs or Bust!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago And Phillips was 0-for-7 the entire game, all three point attempts, 0.000 percent avg.

So, yeah, she needs to do better going forward. That was a fluke game for her, I'm sure.
Definitely a fluke. She has the the 2nd highest 3 pt.% in URI history, over 40%. Dolly, btw, is 3rd in URI history. So, 2 of the best shooters in URI history with more coming in next year.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I said it all season long:
"I want my DOLLY!"

No idea why she only played 12 minutes against St. Louie. She had great form that night and would have easily nailed another 3 at the very least.