2/25 | Fordham | 2:30PM (USA)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: 2/25 | Fordham | 2:30PM (USA)

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago Rory Stewart is a freshman but my God is he totally lost on defense and is unable to get a rebound in traffic. He is sloooooow. How do you improve on that?
You improve but working your ass off in the gym. Remember Andre Berry? Slow and overweight and got abused on D early on in his career. He got in the best shape of his life and had a fantastic senior year… You improve by living at the gym and gaining experience as a freshman like he is now. He hit a big 3 and had a beautiful hook shot. Yes he has plenty of ugly moments as well. That’s life as a freshman.

We keep things exciting but always lose…

We desperately need to upgrade the PG position. Please be a stud Cam! Please!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

It’s so funny. At the Ryan center and here I always see people admonishing me for my Bassy criticism whenever he hits a shot - ya know the overwhelming minority of times that he does.

Yet everyone is suspiciously quiet when he does these absurd, terrible, no good, very bad, awful things an overwhelming majority of the time.

It’s like with Cox. Are you afraid to criticize someone who’s really bad at what they do because you think it’s mean? Like criticizing Hurley was fine because he was good - but someone who sucks- like really really sucks. Like for every redeemable thing they do on the court they do 3-6 other irredeemably bad things - they have to be protected.

Thanks for your sacrifice kid. Thanks for wanting to play here. Good luck in your future endeavors. I hope you find a level where you can succeed.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago If there's a new way to figure out how to lose then we will figure it out.
This team has no clue how to win close away games.
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

I am fine with this effort from the team. I am completely fing frustrated by this obnoxious color commentator. STFU dude you are horrendous. He just rambles on about stupid shit all game. I got to find out who he is but he is unlistenable. You would think Archie was benching Kareen Abdul Jabbar about him going off on on how Alex was not playing. Dude we suck, we covered what the hell is wrong with you and your tone about URI today. It was awful.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I'm glad Archie was able to get the attention of the refs to explain the rules to them.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Oh shit...
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Close but no 5 cent cigar. Carey 2-12, 4 TOs, including big one at end of 1st half leading to a 3 which was the difference.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Carey was atrocious today and let them back into the game. It’s a FACT.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

We covered.
Mobley was fouled.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

A miracle happens and of course we don't hit the game tying shot

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan this sucks ass
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago A miracle happens and of course we don't hit the game tying shot

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan this sucks ass
Right, super-improbable scenario develops and our best player misses the mark. Sigh.
Mobley was fouled.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

This team will eventually win games like this… the effort was fantastic today.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

4Diffs wrote: 1 year ago I am fine with this effort from the team. I am completely fing frustrated by this obnoxious color commentator. STFU dude you are horrendous. He just rambles on about stupid shit all game. I got to find out who he is but he is unlistenable. You would think Archie was benching Kareen Abdul Jabbar about him going off on on how Alex was not playing. Dude we suck, we covered what the hell is wrong with you and your tone about URI today. It was awful.
This network has a trademark for that, they have TIm McCormack who’s probably the worst commentator on planet earth calling games as well
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

Is Thomas a high level A-10 player? No. Does he do some dumb things? Yes. Is he a great shooter? No.

Do you go out of your way to pile on him? Yes. It’s obvious. He’s not Tyson Wheeler and was never supposed to be.

He just played a heck of a game. From a back-up sophomore PG in a hostile environment. 4-4 from the line. Kept us in the game. Everyone on the team made bad plays. Yet you are only concerned with the 3 or so that Thomas made.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago This team will eventually win games like this… the effort was fantastic today.
If nothing else, Archie is teaching effort no matter what skill level each player has right now. A few good additions and a few subtractions and we are a good team. Hurley did the same thing, Cox did the opposite.
Mobley was fouled.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Need bigs like their bigs. Or better.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 1 year ago Close but no 5 cent cigar. Carey 2-12, 4 TOs, including big one at end of 1st half leading to a 3 which was the difference.
Yes he was atrocious today but that TO was on Tchikou completely mistimed his jump
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Team doesn’t quit - good reflection on Archie that he hasn’t lost that w them

But this is so hard to take
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago These refs have been awful. Even when they are forced to review their shit calls they still get it wrong.
Their big hooked who ever he was playing against every time he drove to the basket
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I hope that ridiculous dunk by Weston’s shows all you haters the talent that this kid has. It’s not gonna happen overnight but he’s shown random flashes like that all year… idk how some of you don’t see it
Never thought there were any Weston haters on this board. Did I miss it?
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago It’s so funny. At the Ryan center and here I always see people admonishing me for my Bassy criticism whenever he hits a shot - ya know the overwhelming minority of times that he does.

Yet everyone is suspiciously quiet when he does these absurd, terrible, no good, very bad, awful things an overwhelming majority of the time.

It’s like with Cox. Are you afraid to criticize someone who’s really bad at what they do because you think it’s mean? Like criticizing Hurley was fine because he was good - but someone who sucks- like really really sucks. Like for every redeemable thing they do on the court they do 3-6 other irredeemably bad things - they have to be protected.

Thanks for your sacrifice kid. Thanks for wanting to play here. Good luck in your future endeavors. I hope you find a level where you can succeed.
So,you don’t think that Bassy played a good game?
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

JFrech21 wrote: 1 year ago Is Thomas a high level A-10 player? No. Does he do some dumb things? Yes. Is he a great shooter? No.

Do you go out of your way to pile on him? Yes. It’s obvious. He’s not Tyson Wheeler and was never supposed to be.

He just played a heck of a game. From a back-up sophomore PG in a hostile environment. 4-4 from the line. Kept us in the game. Everyone on the team made bad plays. Yet you are only concerned with the 3 or so that Thomas made.
Well said!
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

G R O U N D H O G D A Y . The same game every game . Go down early , go ahead , but go down again at the half . In the second
half catch up , go ahead again , but turn the ball over , take bad shots and miss free throws that might make a difference near the end . In short ,
do whatever it takes to lose the game.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

This’s is pretty close to how hurleys first year felt
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The effort was there but not enough talent to get it done. Same story much of the year. Now officially a 20+ loss season.

It is now sixteen straight road game losses for the program. Last win was January 15th, 2022 at UMass in Amherst. Now 406 days and counting. Just one more road game this season at Loyola. I don't expect a win there. Our next road win may not be until next November or December, maybe possibly not until 2024. Who would believe we could really go TWO full years between road victories.

The positive to this Fordham contest going into the books is that there are just three or four games left to this season for our Rams. Just ten to eleven days until this nightmare season, one of the worst in program history, is over.
Last edited by RF1 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago It’s so funny. At the Ryan center and here I always see people admonishing me for my Bassy criticism whenever he hits a shot - ya know the overwhelming minority of times that he does.

Sorry for your sacrifice in watching the kid. Guessing you will be making a lot of sacrifices next year!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago

lol you’re wrong. Weston, Martin and Tchikou are contributing today, so no, Carey doesn’t need to force stupid shots that he’s most likely going to miss.

Yea Tchkiou with a monster half. 1-2 from the field.
Contributing doesn’t only mean in points. You really are annoying, holy shit.
Can you read? I said offensively. He had one basket and a few FTs in the first half.
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago I hope that ridiculous dunk by Weston’s shows all you haters the talent that this kid has. It’s not gonna happen overnight but he’s shown random flashes like that all year… idk how some of you don’t see it
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago Carey was atrocious today and let them back into the game. It’s a FACT.
Sorry RhodyRams916 but Blue Man says it is all Bassy's fault, and he claims the Presidency. Your eyes and the stat sheet are falsified by the Dominion Stat Machine.
NCAAs or Bust!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Dino611 wrote: 1 year ago
adam914 wrote: 1 year ago These refs have been awful. Even when they are forced to review their shit calls they still get it wrong.
Their big hooked who ever he was playing against every time he drove to the basket
Agreed Dino. Surprised he didn’t get called for hooking at least once.

That said, a post defender needs foot-speed and agility to beat the big to the spot and not get caught behind and get hooked. Rory doesn’t have the foot-speed and agility to do that consistently yet. Hopefully he gets there through gym work - like Stevie posted earlier - or via a double leg transplant courtesy of the fine orthopedic surgeons at South County Hospital. :D
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

section(105) wrote: 1 year ago Need bigs like their bigs. Or better.
Yep,

Both are foreign born, Novitski is Ukrainian and played at a junior college in Kansas first, Tsbalma is from Cameroon , played high school ball in Maryland and transferred from Penn State when coach Urgo left Penn state to join Kyle Neptune at Fordham last year.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

That was probably the best fast break they ran all year. But 1 dunk doesnt get me excited about a player who has probably been able to dunk since they were 14.
Last edited by RIFan 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
Agree completely. Just the beginning for him.
GO RAMS
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago ... Just ten to eleven days until this nightmare season, one of the worst in program history, is over.
Why?
NCAAs or Bust!
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

RF1 wrote: 1 year ago The effort was there but not enough talent to get it done. Same story much of the year. Now officially a 20+ loss season.

It is now sixteen straight road game losses for the program. Last win was January 15th, 2022 at UMass in Amherst. Now 406 days and counting. Just one more road game this season at Loyola. I don't expect a win there. Our next road win may not be until next November or December, maybe possibly not until 2024. Who would believe we could really go TWO full years between road victories.

The positive to this Fordham contest going into the books is that there are just three or four games left to this season for our Rams. Just ten to eleven days until this nightmare season, one of the worst in program history, is over.
Last years season was worse imho, everyone knew this year was bad after the first couple of games, last year was just infuriating
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

McRam wrote: 1 year ago
Umm ya... Multiple people have said they want every player gone besides Ish. We had another person say that every player should be gone. A couple people said that he lacks motivation and desire to get rebounds... That's just in the last few days..
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago

That said, a post defender needs foot-speed and agility to beat the big to the spot and not get caught behind and get hooked. Rory doesn’t have the foot-speed and agility to do that consistently yet. Hopefully he gets there through gym work - like Stevie posted earlier - or via a double leg transplant courtesy of the fine orthopedic surgeons at South County Hospital. :D
Rory won’t be playing the five imho next year, he’s been forced with Fou redshirting and Bilaus injury and Samb being outright terrible (the worst since Jermaine Harris).

Hope Archie gets Tyson Brown (JUCO) as the big transfer
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Umm ya... Multiple people have said they want every player gone besides Ish. We had another person say that every player should be gone. A couple people said that he lacks motivation and desire to get rebounds... That's just in the last few days..

It is only in the few days/games he has sown some increase in motor, earlier in season, not so much. I guess that makes for a “hater”…..
Last edited by section(105) 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Not so sure people “hate” Weston. You’re exaggerating to try to prove your point that Weston has talent.

You’re using one dunk to say he’s going to be great.
Go Rhody
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Not so sure people “hate” Weston. You’re exaggerating to try to prove your point that Weston has talent.

You haven’t seen flashes of talent this season? Come on man. He’s technically a freshman.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

You haven’t seen flashes of talent this season? Come on man. He’s technically a freshman.
I didn’t say he doesn’t have talent. He does.

And don’t give me the “he’s a freshman” excuse. It’s 28 games into the season.
Go Rhody
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Before this year he hadn’t played in like 2 years, he’s shown flashes but he does need to develop like take for example learning to drive to his left Fordham defender today easily read him and blocked him when he was going right
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Before this year he hadn’t played in like 2 years, he’s shown flashes but he does need to develop like take for example learning to drive to his left Fordham defender today easily read him and blocked him when he was going right
Let’s compare him to 5th year Jalen Carey :lol:
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago
Agree completely. Just the beginning for him.
He impressed me on that dunk with the confidence he went up with, the height off the floor and the sense of authority he threw it down with. He is coming along nicely, albeit slowly so far.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I know Rory is trying, but how can someone 6'9" play 24 minutes and have zero rebounds? Every other player had at least 1. Hell, Hutchinson played 2 minutes and had a rebound.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago I know Rory is trying, but how can someone 6'9" play 24 minutes and have zero rebounds? Every other player had at least 1. Hell, Hutchinson played 2 minutes and had a rebound.
Bryce Hopkins had zero rebounds against UConn this week. It happens.

I’ve actually been impressed with Rory the last two months.
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Dude, what are you talking about? One dunk? I've brought up countless plays all season on why I think Weston will be a good piece for this team. I don't think grown men and women on this board actually hate Weston or any player on our team. The only time I thought that someone hated one of our players was you with Jermaine Harris. It's a freaking saying. "haters".. LIke are you seriously that oblivious, or you're just intentionally trying to bust my balls for the 10000th time because that's your thing on here.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Dude, what are you talking about? One dunk? I've brought up countless plays all season on why I think Weston will be a good piece for this team. I don't think grown men and women on this board actually hate Weston or any player on our team. The only time I thought that someone hated one of our players was you with Jermaine Harris. It's a freaking saying. "haters".. LIke are you seriously that oblivious, or you're just intentionally trying to bust my balls for the 10000th time because that's your thing on here.

I respond to posts, not posters.

I couldn’t care less who posts what.
Go Rhody
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago

Rory won’t be playing the five imho next year, he’s been forced with Fou redshirting and Bilaus injury and Samb being outright terrible (the worst since Jermaine Harris).

Hope Archie gets Tyson Brown (JUCO) as the big transfer
Unfortunately, he isn’t agile enough yet to play D out in space on the perimeter either. We may need to hide him in a zone at times next season when the staff needs his O on the floor. Or, like you posted above, we grab a good big defender who can cover ground quickly to defend Rory’s man at the rim when Rory gets beat on the drive out in space when he is at the 4 spot - if one on the team currently doesn’t emerge.

Hopefully he can grow into an adequate defender in space. He can get there, I think, but will need to live with our trainer and work his butt off this off-season and work on his perimeter D technique. If he doesn’t or can’t, his playing time will be limited here.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I respond to posts, not posters.

I couldn’t care less who posts what.
Sure...

I've been high on Weston all year, and I don't believe for a second that you haven't seen posts from me talking about nice plays or why I like his game. I bring him up all the time.

Here is a post from the last game.
steveystuds06 » 2 days ago
Weston playing some D and a very nice athletic finish. Let’s get him going.

Here is a tweet from November.

So I guess it's not just one dunk, huh?
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING