'19 Anthony Harris (UNC ---> URI ---> St. Thomas JC)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Anthony Harris (UNC —>> URI)

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago My guess is the best chance of an update will be the first media avail before the Duquesne game, and if not then we'll see if Ant is sitting on the bench or not come Dec 31.
I think you're right, unless he gets added to the roster online in the days before that media availability
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

When Ant is here and eligible, guessing it will be announced then. Why sit on good news? We all need it!!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

After all this, he’s just suited up vs the Dukes out of no where lol. I won’t be complaining.
GO RAMS
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I should clarify, when I said "we'll see if Ant is sitting on the bench or not come Dec 31", that could mean he's not dressed or playing yet but at least with the team.
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

It's always fun to unwrap a new gift around Christmas, but unless we get some major improvement up front, or Ant has put on a major growth spurt while studying at home, I don't see how he makes us a much better team this season. He can certainly take some of the pressure off Ish, but he doesn't add a shooter or significantly help our front court, which, IMHO, is our Achilles heel. I will still try to be patient and look for glimmers of development from our forwards and bigs.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RJRam wrote: 1 year ago It's always fun to unwrap a new gift around Christmas, but unless we get some major improvement up front, or Ant has put on a major growth spurt while studying at home, I don't see how he makes us a much better team this season. He can certainly take some of the pressure off Ish, but he doesn't add a shooter or significantly help our front court, which, IMHO, is our Achilles heel. I will still try to be patient and look for glimmers of development from our forwards and bigs.
Agree with you here, I don't think his addition changes too much for this year, but it'd still be helpful to get him a semester on the court to get him up to speed for next season.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

He adds toughness and attitude. That should help with the culture.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

Plus his defense could help ( I think Stevey mentioned this earlier in the thread? ).

No need to rush him with the way the season is going. I agree that it will be good to get him embedded into the program ( around the players, coaches, culture ) so he can get to work his way back, play in games, get comfortable this season and be ready to go for a full season in 23-24.

I hope he gets here soon as I am looking forward to seeing him play later in the season.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

We have 12 pages on a transfer who's been in college for 3 years and hasn't played yet. He's had 2 ACL tears and a concussion. Just pump the brakes people already.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago
RJRam wrote: 1 year ago It's always fun to unwrap a new gift around Christmas, but unless we get some major improvement up front, or Ant has put on a major growth spurt while studying at home, I don't see how he makes us a much better team this season. He can certainly take some of the pressure off Ish, but he doesn't add a shooter or significantly help our front court, which, IMHO, is our Achilles heel. I will still try to be patient and look for glimmers of development from our forwards and bigs.
Agree with you here, I don't think his addition changes too much for this year, but it'd still be helpful to get him a semester on the court to get him up to speed for next season.
That’s exactly how I feel. I don’t expect much of an impact this season but if he can play some minutes to get rid of the rust and have a full off-season with the team I think he could be a nice piece for us next season.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago We have 12 pages on a transfer who's been in college for 3 years and hasn't played yet. He's had 2 ACL tears and a concussion. Just pump the brakes people already.
I think most people are giving completely reasonable takes. I think we have all accepted that even if Ant plays he’s likely not going to be much of a difference maker at this stage of the season.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago We have 12 pages on a transfer who's been in college for 3 years and hasn't played yet. He's had 2 ACL tears and a concussion. Just pump the brakes people already.
Why? No games for another several days. Doesn’t hurt to pass the time for now. No one is forced to participate. There is plenty of time to pump the brakes when the team is back to playing games.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

You keep bringing up his injuries. He was part of the rotation for the #1 team in the country last year......post injuries. I believe his injuries are irrelevant at this point. The fact that he hasn't played in almost a year and hasn't practiced with his URI teammates are much more of a factor than past injuries.
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

I have to ask: does he refer to himself as Ant or is that nickname that the KBers have given him?
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

By and large, I have always thought that in the A10, you could do fairly well with two star guards, two good guards and three frontcourt guys that are solid and don't hurt you- rebound, shot block, putbacks/drop offs and an occasional post move.

WRT bigs, Foumena, Bilal, Samb were frontcourt candidates.
Bilal has met this expectation, Samb has shown flashes and Foumena is TBD.
In a perfect world, at least one big could pick and pop. I am guilty of looking at tape and thinking Tchikou and/or Rory were that guy.
They still could be but need to develop.
So, we have five guys and three need to emerge. Up to Archie to decide at the end of the year.
If not, one Bryce Hopkins type transfer could change things in a hurry for our front court next season.

WRT the guards at the season's start , I felt that Freeman, Weston and Harris all had star potential and Ish or Carey could be a good fourth.
Ish has exceeded my expectations, and Freeman has shown flashes, but the rest are not at that level right now. Hopefully they will be next year.
If not, we'll need Cam or Conner to be college ready day one.

I feel the pain, but don't feel we are WAY off from the plan. Commence criticism ....
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
You keep bringing up his injuries. He was part of the rotation for the #1 team in the country last year......post injuries. I believe his injuries are irrelevant at this point. The fact that he hasn't played in almost a year and hasn't practiced with his URI teammates are much more of a factor than past injuries.
They were 10-4 in the games he played last year. No where near #1 in the nation.

Did not play 20 minutes once.

Did not score more than 5 points in a game.

Did not get more than 2 rebounds in a game.

Did not have more than 2 assists in a game.

I know you can't strictly judge a player off of box scores, but he did not really produce when he was on the court last season.
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
They were 10-4 in the games he played last year. No where near #1 in the nation.

Did not play 20 minutes once.

Did not score more than 5 points in a game.

Did not get more than 2 rebounds in a game.

Did not have more than 2 assists in a game.

I know you can't strictly judge a player off of box scores, but he did not really produce when he was on the court last season.
Are you kidding me? That UNC team was absolutely loaded and would beat us by 30.. He's the type of player that brings energy and is a spark plug for a team like UNC off the bench. A player like Stan Robinson. He does the little things, defends, and is very tough.

Ant was a part of the rotation of a team that went to the national championship.... I don't know how much, but he's going to help this team..
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

JimSidd wrote: 1 year ago I have to ask: does he refer to himself as Ant or is that nickname that the KBers have given him?
I think it is a KB thing - but I am not 100% sure.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Weird situation
Weird thread
Just weird
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

JimSidd wrote: 1 year ago I have to ask: does he refer to himself as Ant or is that nickname that the KBers have given him?
https://twitter.com/MANZANT3
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Still not listed on the roster.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Not just "not on the roster"...12 pages worth of "not on the roster." Impressive. Is that a record? Most pages without ever being seen in uniform?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago Not just "not on the roster"...12 pages worth of "not on the roster." Impressive. Is that a record? Most pages without ever being seen in uniform?
I guess you weren't around for Jared Terrell before he was seen in uniform.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago Not just "not on the roster"...12 pages worth of "not on the roster." Impressive. Is that a record? Most pages without ever being seen in uniform?
Nope, but how about for someone that's never played? A good test for those with memories of the obscure..."the player with the most pages that never ever played a minute here." I mean, it's still open that Ant might play here, but he has to be the LITC, no?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
Nope, but how about for someone that's never played? A good test for those with memories of the obscure..."the player with the most pages that never ever played a minute here." I mean, it's still open that Ant might play here, but he has to be the LITC, no?
Naheem McLeaod 22, Anthony Walker 19, Brendan Adams 17, Rokas Gustys 17, Dahmir Bishop 16, Elijah Wood 16.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Naheem McLeaod 22, Anthony Walker 19, Brendan Adams 17, Rokas Gustys 17, Dahmir Bishop 16, Elijah Wood 16.
And Jared Terrell committed to us on page 62 of his thread.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

daaaannnngg......62 pages?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

It ended up with 72 pages.
http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?t=1228
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

If you have some time to kill, it's a very interesting thread. :lol:
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Best thread ever!!!!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I wonder if there is a correlation between KB thread length and recruit success at Rhody???? Ant will be as successful as Jared???? (Sarc) :lol:
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

If we are measuring thread length before he commits, then our "standard bearer" for this category would have to be the infamous Aris Tsourgianis. 0 days on a recruiting thread before his commitment and that correlates well with his tenure in any collegiate program.

so, i guess that PROVES that the length of the thread is THE key way of predicting success at Rhody!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Anyone have any idea when Miller will restart practice? I would think that if Ant will be with us, he will be at the practices. (I hope)
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

If there were news to this point, I would suspect it would be about Harris not* joining URI. No news is good news in my book.
GO RAMS
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

McRam wrote: 1 year ago If we are measuring thread length before he commits, then our "standard bearer" for this category would have to be the infamous Aris Tsourgianis. 0 days on a recruiting thread before his commitment and that correlates well with his tenure in any collegiate program.

so, i guess that PROVES that the length of the thread is THE key way of predicting success at Rhody!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock::lol:
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

We should know the answer about Ant on Thursday at the media day. Let's hope it's not the same old "Ant is on our plans" and we still have no idea when or if he's coming...
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

i will be seeing the antman the next game

time to deliver !

SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I’m not usually overly optimistic about recruits/transfers, but I actually think Ant would have a significant impact on this years team if he’s as good as people make him out to be. There have been plenty of teams that have built programs and went deep into March with 4 solid guards and a big in their primary rotation (Villanova?).
We may not make it to the tourney, but could move from 12th to top 5-6 in the A10 this year. Much of this depends on our guards ability to hit shots, but I think he’ll be a decent step up from our current 8th man. Much of this also depends just as much on Bilau coming back and staying healthy and/or one of our other bigs making a dramatic improvement.

Lots of ‘what if’s’ these days…
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

That thread made me come up with a rap song which then lead to me naming my cat Jared Terrell.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I named my lawyer. Aris
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

He is not coming to URI....IMO
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

rjv wrote: 1 year ago He is not coming to URI....IMO
Hush!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

...and that is why I think this is a "longest thread for someone that never played here" ring of honor candidate. Still has a ways to go, but there's definite potential. (I hope I'm wrong, that he comes here and he stars...but, seems like no one has ever "seen him in the same room with, um... anybody"...? :lol: )
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

...and that is why I think this is a "longest thread for someone that never played here" ring of honor candidate. Still has a ways to go, but there's definite potential. (I hope I'm wrong, that he comes here and he stars...but, seems like no one has ever "seen him in the same room with, um... anybody"...? :lol: )
On December 6, 2022 Coach Miller said at Media Availability Day:

Bill Koch
@BillKoch25
Miller on North Carolina transfer guard Anthony Harris -- 'At semester break, if all goes well, we anticipate Anthony joining the team.'

'Anthony is part of our plan.'

Miller said Harris is at home taking classes. #URI
2:56 PM · Dec 6, 2022

Sounds like he is joining the team according to the HC "if all goes well"

So if a poster says Harris is not joining the team then said poster must believe that all did not go well.

I'll trust the HC to provide an update soon. Good job recruiting a talent of Harris' caliber imho even if all doesn't work out.

13 pages coming soon...................
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Amazing that this has stayed under wraps in this day and age.
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Stealth baby.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
On December 6, 2022 Coach Miller said at Media Availability Day:

Bill Koch
@BillKoch25
Miller on North Carolina transfer guard Anthony Harris -- 'At semester break, if all goes well, we anticipate Anthony joining the team.'

'Anthony is part of our plan.'

Miller said Harris is at home taking classes. #URI
2:56 PM · Dec 6, 2022

Sounds like he is joining the team according to the HC "if all goes well"

So if a poster says Harris is not joining the team then said poster must believe that all did not go well.

I'll trust the HC to provide an update soon. Good job recruiting a talent of Harris' caliber imho even if all doesn't work out.

13 pages coming soon...................
It sounds like we'll know one way or another, at least for the rest of the season, after today's media availability
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago Amazing that this has stayed under wraps in this day and age.

this has fascinated me as well.. unreal ... let's hope this ends well

ANTMAN will do wonders for my semi's in a10 prediction !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney