22-23 Starting Five

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: 22-23 Starting Five

Unread post by ramster »

From GoRhody Georgia State Pregame:

THOMAS THIRD IN A-10 IN ASSIST-TURNOVERS
  • Sophomore guard Sebastian Thomas has 34 assists and 17 turnovers this season.
  • His 2.0 assists-turnover ratio ranks third in the Atlantic 10 behind only Duquesne's Tevin Brewer (3.1) and Saint Louis' Yuri Collins (2.8)
  • Thomas needs just four assists to reach 100 for his career.
  • Earlier this season, he had a career-high 10 assists while recording his first double-double (13 points, 10 assists) in a win over Stony Brook.
  • Thomas is averaging 4.7 points, 3.1 assists and 1.9 rebounds in 21.4 minutes per game this season.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago From GoRhody Georgia State Pregame:

THOMAS THIRD IN A-10 IN ASSIST-TURNOVERS
  • Sophomore guard Sebastian Thomas has 34 assists and 17 turnovers this season.
  • His 2.0 assists-turnover ratio ranks third in the Atlantic 10 behind only Duquesne's Tevin Brewer (3.1) and Saint Louis' Yuri Collins (2.8)
  • Thomas needs just four assists to reach 100 for his career.
  • Earlier this season, he had a career-high 10 assists while recording his first double-double (13 points, 10 assists) in a win over Stony Brook.
  • Thomas is averaging 4.7 points, 3.1 assists and 1.9 rebounds in 21.4 minutes per game this season.
The most important thing Thomas brings is a reliable ball handler that can be brought in when Archie needs to reign Bray in.

I just need him to shoot less.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

It's hard to turn the ball over if you're zero threat to ever penetrate. That's why the leaders in the category most years are pass-first point guards, or guys like Jimmy Baron and Kyle Korver, who just catch-and-shoot or pass. It's a stat that tells you more about how a player plays, and not whether this contributes value to their respective team.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago It's hard to turn the ball over if you're zero threat to ever penetrate. That's why the leaders in the category most years are pass-first point guards, or guys like Jimmy Baron and Kyle Korver, who just catch-and-shoot or pass. It's a stat that tells you more about how a player plays, and not whether this contributes value to their respective team.
Plenty of his assists are penetrating and dishing to bigs. I know he can't shoot, but he does other things well. I use my eyes rather than stats to see this.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Bassy is what he is. I believe the ceiling for a team with a primary PG who can’t shoot and is not at least a lock down defender or lighting fast and can finish strong at the hoop is limited…if you can’t shoot at least average you need to be elite at something else.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago
SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago It's hard to turn the ball over if you're zero threat to ever penetrate. That's why the leaders in the category most years are pass-first point guards, or guys like Jimmy Baron and Kyle Korver, who just catch-and-shoot or pass. It's a stat that tells you more about how a player plays, and not whether this contributes value to their respective team.
Plenty of his assists are penetrating and dishing to bigs. I know he can't shoot, but he does other things well. I use my eyes rather than stats to see this.
Bassy penetrates just fine. It is finishing that has been the problem.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

btw, Unless there's a late change, according to stat tracker the starting five today are Freeman, Leggett, Carey, Martin and Samb. If Bilau is injured, that's probably our best five.
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago btw, Unless there's a late change, according to stat tracker the starting five today are Freeman, Leggett, Carey, Martin and Samb. If Bilau is injured, that's probably our best five.
Bilau is out
Common sense is not common.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Ouch that is never good news.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

sevegny7 wrote: 1 year ago

Ouch that is never good news.
Ugh tough news on Bilat
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 1 year ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

My bet still stands. I bet you a beer that Baldwin gets drafted
Fair enough, but if they require masks at the Ry and I can't buy you a beer at the pub....you have to bring a case to my house? ;)
Dude...you were right...I owe you a beer. Cheers. I'll leave it at will call.
I was planning to get you that brewhoffer at the Milwaukee game because, well...Milwaukee is like a NBA farm club and all :roll: Not sure if it's ironic, coincidental, fortuitous, or what, but.... made a joke about the "m" word....and the folks at the Ry just blow right by that idea and cancel the whole durn thing outright :lol: :lol: Oh well, perhaps at the Metro Rams game...
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago

Fair enough, but if they require masks at the Ry and I can't buy you a beer at the pub....you have to bring a case to my house? ;)
I was planning to get you that brewhoffer at the Milwaukee game because, well...Milwaukee is like a NBA farm club and all :roll: Not sure if it's ironic, coincidental, fortuitous, or what, but.... made a joke about the "m" word....and the folks at the Ry just blow right by that idea and cancel the whole durn thing outright :lol: :lol: Oh well, perhaps at the Metro Rams game...
I actually thought of you the other day. I was watching the Jazz Warriors games, and the Warriors had a bunch of players out, so Baldwin came in. He looked pretty good. He hit some 3s. He's barely played this season, but I immediately thought to myself I hope NYG and I can have a beer together soon.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

I actually thought of you the other day. I was watching the Jazz Warriors games, and the Warriors had a bunch of players out, so Baldwin came in. He looked pretty good. He hit some 3s. He's barely played this season, but I immediately thought to myself I hope NYG and I can have a beer together soon.
Ha, he looks fine, now that he went 28, and just gets asked to play D and shoot 3s, vs. carry a crappy team. Probably example 500 million of how important role and fit is.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I saw Baldwin get some minutes too good spot for him in Golden St