'19 Anthony Harris (UNC ---> URI ---> St. Thomas JC)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Anthony Harris (UNC —>> URI)

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Right. Still the plan. Which is far weaker than how RhodyVault phrased it. And going back through this thread Goodman tweeted on 11/12 that he probably wouldn't play this season. Where do you think Goodman got that info from....
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Well said Blue Man. Every time RV says something like the Harris thing I try to verify it elsewhere.
Slava Ukraini!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody74 wrote: 1 year ago Well said Blue Man. Every time RV says something like the Harris thing I try to verify it elsewhere.
As you should. He's got no friends in the men's program at the moment.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Blue Man wrote: 1 year ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 1 year ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 1 year ago The only thing I remember hearing is that they hope Harris will be available at the conclusion of the first semester. This seems like RhodyVault building a strawman so that way if Harris doesn't come after first semester he has another chance to shit on Archie
Rhody vault is just a closeted Bryant fan
No - Rhody Vault is a Rhody Vault fan. He'll blow whoever gives him an interview and the time of day.

He got some ex players to give him some soundbytes so he took up the mantle to get them recognized. But instead of working with the program, he just shouted about how bad URI was at honoring their past. Not wrong - but not the way you go about building a working relationship. So he started his journey by creating a larger divide between URI and the ex players instead of building a bridge.

Then for whatever reason, he tries to become a media personality but goes too aggressive to try and get scoops. There's like 5 reporters around the program who've worked this beat for a while. Trying to jump them all in line to become some type of trusted advisor isn't a great way to go about it.

Then, to stake your reputation and connections on a strawman guess at where Tre Mitchell is going to wind up, while not actually knowing, for a new program and staff that doesn't like anyone to know what they're doing, is a wild move.

This is why you want someone like Bill Koch working the beat, not having an agenda or anything but just reporting unemotional facts about the happenings around your program.

Vault is very clearly ballwashing the people and programs who talk to him, and taking potshots at the people who don't.

Pretty sad because he represents a necessary and important piece of our history, and even though we're finally starting to honor our past - he's put an awkward divide between those players needing the honoring, and the athletic department/program that they need to be honored by.

Check the ego and act like a reporter, or go back to the (seriously) top-notch interviews and subjects that bring our hoops past to life. But the current way is a tough road to go down for someone who is purportedly a fan.
And 1000 !!
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Harris was at the game last night 👀
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

would be a nice Christmas 🎁
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Did anybody see him there or are we just going off RhodyVault?
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

rhodysurf wrote: 1 year ago Harris was at the game last night 👀
Yippee.. What good did that do us last night. Until this kid dons the Keaney blue he isn't helping the cause.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

ram1980 wrote: 1 year ago
rhodysurf wrote: 1 year ago Harris was at the game last night 👀
Yippee.. What good did that do us last night. Until this kid dons the Keaney blue he isn't helping the cause.
You guys are fucking miserable my god
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

No miserable. Just ridiculous about the talking about this guy like he's the answer. I'm cheering for the guys on the floor not the guys in the stands🍻🏀
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

🙄
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ram1980 wrote: 1 year ago No miserable. Just ridiculous about the talking about this guy like he's the answer. I'm cheering for the guys on the floor not the guys in the stands🍻🏀
What's ridiculous is complaining about people bringing up Ant Harris in a thread called Ant Harris.

The answer? No one is saying the kid is going to be a superstar from day one, but I certainly think he can make an impact. Especially if Carey's injury is long-term.

FWIW, I was told Ant would be at the game with his dad.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

CamsRams wrote: 1 year ago Did anybody see him there or are we just going off RhodyVault?
He was there.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

He was there. Said he would be here soon. FWIW
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

As in 2 weeks ?!!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fingers crossed we need this kid bad
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago As in 2 weeks ?!!
Yes
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago As in 2 weeks ?!!
Yes
As the Coaching Staff has inferred all along
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Where is Ant taking classes to get his grades up? And why does the answer to this seem to be a secret?
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

YES !!!!!!! (i say cautiously) but YESSSSSS !

NO DOUBT !
<gulp>
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

[ElmCityRhody post_id=537825 time=1670259940 user_id=276]
https://twitter.com/RhodyVault/status/1 ... jb07MsAAAA

"As I said on Sunday" - like LOOK AT ME!!! I PREDICTED THIS! I"VE GOT CONNECTIONS! I RHODY VAULT GUARANTEE TRE MITCHELL IS COMING!

Staff has said all along they thought he would join at the break

Yes, many saw him at the Ryan Center for Saturday's game

Please continue to keep this Bryant Vault guy a "stealthy" distance away from URI program news

Rhody Vault
@RhodyVault
💥Update on Ant Harris: As I mentioned on Sunday, Harris was at the PC game and is expected join the team in about 2 weeks.
🎙The question will be if he plays in games this year. He would provide a much needed boost for the Rams this year.
Last edited by ramster 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

good point - my bad
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Ramster, you and I were the main two supporters of Ant. We went back and forth with a few people here who disagreed when we said Ant was a significant loss. So I'm interested to see if Ant comes and helps us win some games.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago Ramster, you and I were the main two supporters of Ant. We went back and forth with a few people here who disagreed when we said Ant was a significant loss. So I'm interested to see if Ant comes and helps us win some games.
Stevey,
We can use him for sure.

And you can bet he wants to be on that Ryan Center Floor after having watched the PC Game Saturday with a sold out crowd.

OOC doesn't matter other than. getting ready for A10 Conference Play. Would love to see him suited up December 22.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I would like to see him come in and play versus sitting out til next season. However, I am not sure what is best for the program and player longterm. My curiosity to see him play is dominating my objectivity as is my desire for short term excitement.

What do you all think is best for the program and player and why? I am sincerely interested.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago I would like to see him come in and play versus sitting out til next season. However, I am not sure what is best for the program and player longterm. My curiosity to see him play is dominating my objectivity as is my desire for short term excitement.

What do you all think is best for the program and player and why? I am sincerely interested.
It depends on how fast he gets up to speed with his teammates.
I am sure it will take a little time to get acclimated to Archie's system.
Also not playing in close to a year, he will have to work on his conditioning.

Archie will know when he is ready.
He may either work him in slowly or wait until next season.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago I would like to see him come in and play versus sitting out til next season. However, I am not sure what is best for the program and player longterm. My curiosity to see him play is dominating my objectivity as is my desire for short term excitement.

We are 2-6. We need help.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

Only if Archie feels he can make an immediate impact.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

So nobody here should guess or predict anything?
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

So nobody here should guess or predict anything?
We can but since he is just joining the program mid-season and has had zero practice time with the team, it is very difficult to make an educated guess.
Also the fact that he sat out so much of 21-22.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I need this player on the squad for A10 conference play. I’m not ready to throw in the towel on this team.

Shocking how many here are.

Go Rhody.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

The voice of reason says, F this sht, let's get him in there, replace Bassy at the point, win some ball games.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

I haven’t considered missed time. Good point.

Putting myself in Ant’s shoes, I would want to play, if I am in shape - especially with all the time missed.

If I am Archie, I am being cautious because he has missed so much time and needs to catch up regarding O & D philosophy, team culture, gelling his skill set within the team.

If he does play and can practice as soon as the semester ends, I can envision him getting up to speed enough to play in 3-4 weeks.

My prediction: He plays because he may look to play professionally after next season if he plays really well in ‘23-24.
Although, I hope he decides to stay for all of his eligibility.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago I need this player on the squad for A10 conference play. I’m not ready to throw in the towel on this team.

Go Rhody.

Thank you !

Hear hear
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 1 year ago I need this player on the squad for A10 conference play. I’m not ready to throw in the towel on this team.

Go Rhody.

Thank you !

Hear hear
What is there to lose. Play Harris asap.
We need him. The A10 is weak this year so far - Championship is there for the taking. Throw caution to the wind.
Make ECR right!
RJRam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RJRam »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
My prediction: He plays because he may look to play professionally after next season if he plays really well in ‘23-24.
Where does this come from? What am I missing? I know he is supposed to "have talent". I've seen video. But has he had any great success at the college level? Any? Does he need to support his family? Or are you just thinking about his academic problems? I see the cart, but I don't think the horse has left the barn yet! I prefer to wait to see if we even have a horse. But I do like horses! We could definitely use one.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Of course you play him! Ya play to win the game!

Also, why would he want to wait even longer to play when he's already hardly played.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

jcru wrote: 1 year ago The voice of reason says, F this sht, let's get him in there, replace Bassy at the point, win some ball games.
BINGO
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 1 year ago
jcru wrote: 1 year ago The voice of reason says, F this sht, let's get him in there, replace Bassy at the point, win some ball games.
BINGO
Bassy has already been replaced at PG by Freeman. Freeman could move to SG which seems his more natural position anyway
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

RJRam wrote: 1 year ago
Jdrums#3 wrote: 1 year ago
Where does this come from? What am I missing? I know he is supposed to "have talent". I've seen video. But has he had any great success at the college level? Any? Does he need to support his family? Or are you just thinking about his academic problems? I see the cart, but I don't think the horse has left the barn yet! I prefer to wait to see if we even have a horse. But I do like horses! We could definitely use one.
RJ, I was responding to Jersey’s and Ramster’s back and forth above ( but didn’t copy their posts). Did you read their posts? It will give you context (part of which morphed to Ant playing right away or later) And did you not see my qualifier for prediction??? The qualifier is, IF HE PLAYS REALLY WELL IN ‘23-24. (I’m not yelling - just making it easier to see)

Logically, for him to consider playing professionally (not NBA only) he would have to play very well. Conversely, lousy play doesn’t lead to playing professionally.

You ask a lot of questions that have nothing to do with my prediction. The prediction is simple to understand when you consider the qualifier and the prediction in the context that the discussion was trending.

Re-read it, or not. But, don’t overlook context and the qualifier. I think you may be over thinking this as a result. I hope that helps clarify my post for you.

Finally, I did not post the phrase “have talent” in the prediction yet you put it in quotes. Please don’t misquote me, if that’s what you are doing. Thanks.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

If Harris is able to suit up for 2nd semester I would be shocked if he's not gradually eased back into the team. It's very rare for a mid year transfer to come in and immediately start playing 25+ minutes a night. Regardless of what situation they walk into. He missed like 30-40 practices. I just don't see that happening. And short of Steph Curry I don't think any 1 player is going to significantly change our trajectory this season.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago If Harris is able to suit up for 2nd semester I would be shocked if he's not gradually eased back into the team. It's very rare for a mid year transfer to come in and immediately start playing 25+ minutes a night. Regardless of what situation they walk into. He missed like 30-40 practices. I just don't see that happening. And short of Steph Curry I don't think any 1 player is going to significantly change our trajectory this season.
I'd agree with this. By his numbers at UNC - small but not minuscule sample size - he'd be our best option at the backup 2 or starting 3 right now, but that's kind of damning with faint praise and more about how inconsistent the players at those positions have been. Just having another good option off the bench would be nice, though.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago If Harris is able to suit up for 2nd semester I would be shocked if he's not gradually eased back into the team. It's very rare for a mid year transfer to come in and immediately start playing 25+ minutes a night. Regardless of what situation they walk into. He missed like 30-40 practices. I just don't see that happening. And short of Steph Curry I don't think any 1 player is going to significantly change our trajectory this season.
I'd agree with this. By his numbers at UNC - small but not minuscule sample size - he'd be our best option at the backup 2 or starting 3 right now, but that's kind of damning with faint praise and more about how inconsistent the players at those positions have been. Just having another good option off the bench would be nice, though.
@ UNC are the key words

Give me a North Carolina transfer any day. Trusting our Assistant Coach who recruited him.

Looking forward to Harris playing here.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

He was listed at 6'4 196 lbs last season, so a good size 1/2. Him at the 3 would be small.
GO RAMS
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago He was listed at 6'4 196 lbs last season, so a good size 1/2. Him at the 3 would be small.
Carey is 6'3", 186, according to Sports Reference. Weston is a more solid 6'5", 200. Malik Martin is listed at 6'6", 210. Hutch is at 6'7", 185. I don't think there's a huge difference between those players ability to play the 3, especially with how we want to play. (Meaning, all of them strike me as "eligible" for minutes at the 3, depending on the configuration of the lineup.) Since our current backup SG is ??? (Freeman?), I think Harris does slot in more as a combo guard, but if he's playing well, you can shift him to the 3.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

@ UNC are the key words

Give me a North Carolina transfer any day. Trusting our Assistant Coach who recruited him.

No one is saying he won’t be useful especially for a team with a lack of experience and a lack of offensively dynamic players. However if posters think he walks in here, gets 25+ mpg and is a double figure scorer from day 1 that completely changes our trajectory they are going to be disappointed. Just my take.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago

@ UNC are the key words

No one is saying he won’t be useful especially for a team with a lack of experience and a lack of offensively dynamic players. However if posters think he walks in here, gets 25+ mpg and is a double figure scorer from day 1 that completely changes our trajectory they are going to be disappointed. Just my take.

It should be everyone’s take, but we have many irrational and unrealistic fans here.
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I think he’ll make an impact defensively right away and the offense will slowly come back. I just hope we get to see him play this year.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I think it was Vault who interviewed a UNC beat writer about Ant and the UNC guy said to expect a high energy guy whose a dog on the defensive end of the ball and if he gets his offense rolling then he could be an all A-10 type player.

So I'm going to at least expect that he's going to help us a lot on defense. The kind of athlete most A-10 schools don't have.

I mean I would be pretty shocked if he doesn't provide more than anyone other than Bray Leggett and Bilau.

I mean his freshman year in back to back games he had 8 points at Gonzaga and then 14 against UCLA.

Not saying he's all A-10, but he's not going to be intimidated and he will help us.

We could be a very different looking team with him and Carey back by February. Extremely different.