Zoom hour with Archie Miller and Ed Cooley

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: Zoom hour with Archie Miller and Ed Cooley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
theblueram wrote: 1 year ago

You can see it twice a year now. It's great Cooley recognized his roots and how Skinner employed him for 10 years. Cooley earned his way, but he was helped by URI.
Yea but it won’t be the same without Hurley being here.
I was talking about uconn

I know you were, I was saying it won’t be the same seeing it twice a year now with Hurley with at UConn instead of here.
Go Rhody
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Koch has a whole thread full of quotes available here...

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

adam914 wrote: 1 year ago Koch has a whole thread full of quotes available here...

Thanks for posting these quotes Adam

I’m glad EC paid proper respect to the rivalry

Loved the tidbit about Tatum

Kudos to all those who got the zoom
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

reef wrote: 1 year ago
adam914 wrote: 1 year ago Koch has a whole thread full of quotes available here...

Ed Cooley.

There’s only one EC.
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

reef wrote: 1 year ago

No. He didn’t give it the proper respect- or he wouldn’t have ducked out of the game 2 years ago. Plus he was an assistant at uri so he really should have known.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Ed realizes that he dies not have a good team so the results do not matter much financially.
NCAAs or Bust!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bill Koch said PC doesn’t need to play URI at the time when PC was considering ducking the game
Ed Cooley chose not to play URI
So much for importance of a long time annual, and for some time twice-annual rivalry game.

Now Ed sees he can make money from the game. Yet he said in past “It’s not a rivalry. A rivalry is only when you play the team twice per season”

Ed needs NIL $$$$ as he sees Dan Hurley blowing by him. He sees changing his approach to the game and now calling it a rivalry as a way to raise NIL cash. It’s all about money.

URI - PC used to be one of the top 25 College Basketball Rivalry games as noted by ESPN and others. Was often Nationally televised.
Not any more.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Bill Koch said PC doesn’t need to play URI at the time when PC was considering ducking the game
So much for importance of a long time annual, and for some time twice-annual rivalry game.

Now Ed sees he can make money from the game. Yet he said in past “It’s not a rivalry. A rivalry is only when you play the team twice per season”

Ed needs NIL $$$$ as he sees Dan Hurley blowing by him. He sees changing his approach to the game and now calling it a rivalry as a way to raise NIL cash. It’s all about money.

URI - PC used to be one of the top 25 College Basketball Rivalry games as noted by ESPN and others. Was often Nationally televised.
Not any more.
It’s on ESPNU.

It has been nationally televised every single year for as long as I can remember.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Bill Koch said PC doesn’t need to play URI at the time when PC was considering ducking the game

Not any more.
It’s on ESPNU.

It has been nationally televised every single year for as long as I can remember.
It was not nationally televised 2 years ago
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

Ed has a very close relationship with Archie, who acknowledged that Ed helped to sell him on life in Rhode Island. I don't think Ed would disparage anything URI related as long as his friend is the coach there.
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago

Not any more.
It’s on ESPNU.

Was the game played two years ago?
Common sense is not common.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyRams12 wrote: 1 year ago
ramster wrote: 1 year ago

It’s on ESPNU.

Was the game played two years ago?
Nope. #whoducken