RIP Former URI Football Secretary Louise Hynes

All things Rhody Rams football.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

RIP Former URI Football Secretary Louise Hynes

Unread post by The Dude »

Sadly, my grandmother and former secretary for Bob Griffin and URI Football (forget the exact years, late-1970's - early-1980s I think) passed away earlier this week. She was also a URI Alumni. If you were a football player during that time period you probably knew her well. Her and I would attend every URI home game together from the mid-1980s till a few years ago. She'd quite frequently say hello & introduce me to returning former football players who'd she see attending the games as alumni. One of her favorite trips with the team was when they flew to Italy.
She loved Rhody Football! I figured I'd post this just incase there are those on this site who might've known her over the years...whether it be as a former player or a fellow fan that we used to sit with in the stands.
louise-hynes-providence-ri-obituary.jpg
Below is the link to the obituary:
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituar ... s-10960149
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by The Dude 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: RIP Former URI Football Secretary Louise Hynes

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I’m so sorry for your loss.
Slava Ukraini!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Condolences Dude 😢
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody123
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody123 »

So sorry for your loss. Remember Louise fondly from my time playing at URI and also seeing her at the games in recent years. She was a kind and caring woman to all of us that played for Bob Griffin in the early and mid 80’s. Peace and prayers to you and your family.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Sorry bud my condolences. It sounds like she left you with a lot of memories!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL